SweeTreats Cake Boutique Reviews

111 | Mechanicsburg, PA

111 Reviews for SweeTreats Cake Boutique

Teresa · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Wendi was fun to work with and very helpful! I would definitely use her services for future events!

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2017

Wendi was absolutely fantastic to work with! After one meeting, we were on the same page for my dessert buffet for our guests. Her mini cupcakes were DELICIOUS and her presentation was on point. She was timely in arriving, and in cleaning up the desserts. You can’t ask for a better vender! Highly recommend!

Albert · Married on 12/31/2016

Less than 24 hours out of my wedding, there are plenty of things I should be doing besides writing a vendor review, but I feel compelled to do this because Wendi was so fantastic for my wife and I.

Her vibrant and welcoming personality is endearing, but most importantly, she is authentic in every way. When my wife and I first visited her in her home, we were treated as old friends, not prospective clients. She understood our vision and was a responsive communicator throughout the process and was flexible beyond all expectations when we wanted to make changes to the original order.

Yesterday, she came to the venue and created a FANTASTIC display and this morning she came to pick everything up and congratulate us. We didn't have to worry about Wendi at all on our big day, allowing us to focus on other things (like will the shuttle bus be back for another run?!).

Most importantly, her desserts were fantastic. We did a wide variety of mini cupcakes and rice krispy treats. I highly recommend the salted caramel and vanilla bean options, but there wasn't a mediocre one of the bunch. The best part is that everyone attending had their fill and we have leftovers to enjoy in the coming days.

Thank you, "Cupcake Lady" - you are the best!

Melissa · Married on 11/11/2016

SweeTreats/ Wendi is FABULOUS. Not only are her cakes appealing to the eye as beautiful works of art, but they are also very pleasing to your taste buds. I've also had the pleasure of trying some of her other pastries as well, which were also great. Anything that you're able to dream, SweeTreats can make reality. I highly recommend Wendi -- She is truly talented at what she does, easy to work with, and makes me wish there were more holidays/birthdays in the year so I had more reasons to have her goodies year round.

Megan · Married on 10/17/2015

Wendi is truly one of a kind! Not only are her desserts absolutely delectable, but she is as personal and accommodating as she is professional. As a total dessert lover, I knew I wanted a treat table to be a main feature at my wedding. Wendi was more than willing to bend over backwards and take on new challenges (like mastering apple cider donut holes - yum!!) to make my vision come to life. She even drove to my house during the months prior so I could sample some of her latest and greatest creations! There was barely a morsel left of any goodies at the end of our reception, and friends and family members alike continue to rave over the delicious spread. FIVE STARS all around, and I will definitely be using SweeTreats again in the future!

I can not even begin to explain how AMAZING of a baker, artist and person Wendi is. You may think, "a cake is a cake" but that is SO untrue. Wendi has an incredible talent for baking and left ALL of my guests drooling for more! We went with cupcakes for our wedding & they were such a HIT! She helped me plan out the flavors & we decided to offer 8 different kinds- ALL delicious!! But, it she doesn't just bake, decorate & drop off.. Oh no, her display is truly an ART! She is equipped with gorgeous display items & props that truly make her one of a kind. Not only did Wendi supply delicious treats, but she also kept in contact with me to make sure I wasn't overflowing with stress. She truly cares about her brides & does everything possible to make your big day a success. If you are researching bakers, LOOK NO FURTHER! :)

It was an absolute pleasure working with Wendi! You were such a great help with making our wedding special! Thank you for all your suggestions with wedding planning! The cake was DELICIOUS and we got so many compliments on the cupcakes and also the display. Hope you are enjoying those barn doors ;)

Erin · Married on 10/18/2014

My family and I are cake people - we love cake and have very high standards when it comes to good cake. We LOVED the cake from Wendi at Sweetreats! Firstly, Wendi was lovely to work with. She listened to our preferences on style, flavor and display. The display she provided and set up for us was exactly what I described to her. We asked for classic (albeit - plain) icing design which is exactly what she did. The cupcakes looked beautiful. Secondly, the cupcakes and wedding cake were delicious! We got so many compliments on every flavor - we had carrot cake, french toast (big hit!), chocolate with vanilla bean icing, pumpkin spice, red velvet and chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. Our cake topper for cutting was carrot cake with walnuts. Thirdly, the price was reasonable and comparable to other bakeries. I found the delivery fee and display fee to be reasonable and so worth the money - Wendi was turn-key (cupcakes were delivered, displayed and the display collected at the end of the night). We had a fabulous experience with Sweetreats - highly recommend! :)

Tina · Married on 10/12/2014

We highly recommend the red velvet cake! Thank you, SweeTreats, for helping to make our event so special!

Maria · Married on 09/20/2014

Sweetreats bakery was amazing! Wendi was great to work with! Her cupcakes and wedding cake was amazing all of our wedding guest loved them! Thank you Wendi for everything!

Sarah Ashley · Married on 09/06/2014

Wendi provided us with a huge selection of cakes to taste. I was looking for carrot cake, but really loved all of the cakes she offered us to taste. We ended up having carrot cake and coconut cake with a cream cheese frosting for our wedding. She communicated in a timely manner, and executed the cake décor as I wanted and it tasted delicious! I can't wait to celebrate my one year anniversary with more of her cake!

Jessica · Married on 09/06/2014

Working with Wendi was great! She always provided quick feedback and responses. Her work is delicious and beautiful. Everything came out exactly as we had discussed and as the pictures I had shown her. Highly recommended and great value!

shereen · Married on 08/23/2014

Flexible and easy to work with!

Wendi was awesome to work with! She not only wanted to know what kind of cake/cupcakes we wanted, but also what our wedding theme was so she could tie everything together--which she did seamlessly. We had a small cake which looked gorgeous. Beautiful colors and details! All of the cupcakes and cake tasted delicious. There are so many flavors that it was hard to choose, but I have to say the PB&J cupcakes were my favorite! Our cake was white chocolate raspberry which was amazing! Wendi also did a beautiful display for our wedding. We had quite a few guests comment that they were the best cupcakes they ever had! What a great complement! We will definitely be going to SweeTreats again for an anniversary cake! Thank you Wendi for the great service!

Kyrie · Married on 08/02/2014

Wendi was a pleasure to deal with. She was very professional and returned your calls/emails in a timely manner.

Samantha · Married on 06/28/2014

Wendi is so much fun to work with. She goes above and beyond expectations as a baker! I had already tried her cupcakes for a work event, and all of my co-workers just couldn't stop talking about her cupcakes! In fact, some of my co-workers wanted to come to the wedding just for the cake and cupcakes! Lol! Wendi is so nice, and exceeded my expectations of the cake I was asking for. I showed her a picture online of what I was kind of looking for, and she just ran with it. It was so perfect, and tasted amazing! The flavors were just awesome! I asked for a pair of cupcakes that look like Razorbacks(my favorite college mascot) and they were a hit! She did exactly what I asked, and they tasted great too. I will be ordering cupcakes from Wendi for more events in the future! Thanks Wendi!!!

Nicole · Married on 06/28/2014

My husband and I came upon SweeTreats as a recommendation from my cousin. We went for a taste testing and were sent home with a variety to sample. We were very impressed with the taste and freshness of all of the cupcakes we sampled. We decided to book with Wendi for our wedding. We decided to do both a cake and cupcakes, not a problem. I wanted her to match a picture that I seen of a cake I really liked. Not a problem. I wanted to have three different flavors in each slice with different icings so each guest could sample multiple flavors. Again, not a problem. Wendi was very friendly and easy to work with. She was quick to respond to any of my e-mails. She was timely to the reception venue to set up our cake, cupcakes, and other goodies. She arranged everything nicely on our table. The cake looked lovely as did the cupcakes. It was very similar to the picture I wanted her to replicate. The cake was very tasty and everyone loved it. Wendi’s prices are very reasonable. I would highly recommend SweeTreats for any of your cake, cupcake, and dessert needs!!

Melia · Married on 05/25/2014

Wendi was absolutely amazing from the very beginning. My fiancé had to work for our first tasting so my mom came with me, and let me tell you, she was happy she got to substitute in for him! We tried so many different cake and icing flavors and every last one was delicious. She was so nice and really willing to listen to how I envisioned my cake and was also very helpful in making suggestions on what would be best. We emailed and called each other a lot leading up to the wedding and she made everything a smooth process. On the day of my wedding, she even came in to the bridal room to show me the cake before the ceremony started, which I thought was such a nice gesture to go out of her way to do that. The cake looked even better than I had envisioned. After the reception started and it was time for cake cutting, I was so excited. The cake was so delicious and everyone complimented how good it tasted. We had 4 tiers with different flavors and all were great. I loved it and can't thank her enough for making our cake for us!

Lauren · Married on 05/03/2014

Wendi is FANTASTIC! Not only is she a wonderful professional but she’s so friendly & down to earth! From the moment we had our consultation to the day of our wedding; Wendi was always just an e-mail or text message away and more than willing to answer any & all questions we had. For our wedding, we requested a small cake for us to cut but the rest to be cupcakes. We picked our flavors & chose a simple rosette design for the cutting cake. When we arrived at the reception, the cake table was one of the first things I noticed & it looked fabulous!! The setup Wendi did was amazing & needless to say, the cake/cupcakes were beyond delicious. I would not only recommend Wendi but plan on using her in the future for other events!

Wendi is the BEST! She made a cake for my bridal shower as well as my wedding cake. She also did cupcakes for our dessert table, and were they every good! After realizing what my theme was, which was a backyard rustic feel, she offered two huge chalk boards, a door as a table top, and a bunch of other little goodies for us to use, free of charge. I wouldn't recommend anyone else except her to those planning weddings. She created exactly what I envisioned, and it was so yummy!

Rebecca · Married on 03/13/2014

Wendi is super nice and so easy to work with, feels like I've known her for years!! She listened to exactly what I wanted, and made sure the cake was perfect. The cake turned out BEAUTIFUL and DELICIOUS. I would definitely recommend her!!

sarah · Married on 10/13/2013

Wendi was great in working with the other vendors including the florist to make our dream wedding cake! Our guests loved the pumpkin! It was delivered on time and looked amazing! Would you again!

Megan · Married on 10/12/2013

Absolutely loved working with Wendi on my Grumpy Cat groom's cake and our candy buffet, both were hits and turned out awesome! And I think I've made a friend in the process, thank you so much Wendi, you are amazing! :D

Amanda · Married on 10/05/2013

The cake/cupcakes were delicious and the set up was gorgeous!

margaret · Married on 09/28/2013

I cannot say enough nice things about SweeTreats and Wendy. She met with me and my family at our original tasting and provided us an amazing sample of her cupcakes. Her flavors are creative and delicious. I have honestly never tasted such delicious cake. My mom - who is a chocolate snob - thought her dark chocolate cupcakes were the best chocolate cake she had ever tasted, and I agree! As for my requests, I asked her to custom-make a mexican dessert (churros) into heart-shapes, and they looked and tasted incredible. Everyone raved about them. She also made delicious pies in jars and caramel apples. Finally, my most favorite part was our cake. I had requested a "naked cake" which was gorgeous with flower adornments and was honestly (I really mean this) the BEST wedding cake I have ever tasted. She was professional, communicative and very receptive to all my suggestions. She also did a very attractive styling of the desert table. In addition to all of this, she is also a delightful person and such a pleasure to work with. It turned out that I was a very picky bride (who knew!), and she far exceeded my expectations. I couldn't have been happier.