61 Reviews for Sweetgrass Ceremonies, LLC

Interfaith Ceremony (1)
Jewish (1)
Agnostic (1)
61 Sweetgrass Ceremonies, LLC Reviews

Kristine at Sweetgrass Ceremonies served as our officiant at our wedding. We cannot speak highly enough about working with Kristine and the ceremony she conducted. The planning process involved both of us answering questions, which Kristine was able to weave together to make an arrangement that matched our personalities. We wanted a nondenominational, heartfelt but not overly sappy wedding-Kristine's ease and natural heartfelt nature balanced the meaningfulness of the occasion with lightness and humor where appropriate. Our guests commented throughout the evening how lovely the ceremony was, many people stating she was the best officiant they had ever witnessed. We feel so fortunate to have found Kristine, as she made our ceremony incredibly special and meaningful.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Agnostic, Jewish, No Denomination, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious

Kristine was an absolute joy to share in our special day. Her highest priority was to create a wedding ceremony that was a true reflection of us and our relationship. Where other officiants try to fit personal touches into a standard wedding story, Kristine somehow fit a wedding into a story about us! This approach was extremely important to us. Not only did she draw from our stories to create the ceremony, but we had final say on the full script and she gracefully accommodated my perfectionist nitpicking. She also reviewed our vows for us since we were keeping them private from each other. Kristine guided us through the rehearsal with a practiced hand and even held onto the marriage certificate so there was one less thing for us to forget the next day. Her delivery of the ceremony was genuine, funny, and heartfelt. She even stepped to the side while we read our vows (which she had printed for us) and had our first kiss to avoid the dreaded floating officiant head! Safe to say, Kristine knows her way around a wedding. All of that aside, it should say enough about how much she cared about the day that she made sure to wear a scarf in our wedding colors. :) Thank you, Kristine! We're sorry we aren't getting married again!

Profile Picture Frances, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows

Kristine was absolutely the perfect fit for our celebrant! My (then) fiancee and I thought we were going to have a family member help write and officiate our ceremony. When we determined only 3 months beforehand that it wasn't going to work out, I received a referral to Kristine from my wedding planner. My fiancee and I each visited her website separately, but after doing so, my fiancee sent me an email saying "This seems perfect." And Kristine was!! From our very first conversation, we were entirely comfortable, though we had never met in person, that Kristine was going to be perfect to help orchestrate our vows. And she was. We cannot recommend her enough! My (now) husband I both consider ourselves Spiritual, but neither of us are religious. Yet we still wanted a ceremony that would feel weighty, carried symbolism of various universal themes of commitment and which would be completely unique to "us." The task of writing a ceremony was truly daunting; until we found Kristine!! I don't know she does it, I think she is divine in her own right which gives her the ability to really "know" some things about a couple in order to write the words that are unique and appropriate for them. The questions and prompts she gave us to use as a guide for feeding her insight into our lives and relationship were absolutely perfect and very effective in evoking thoughtful reflections on our own relationship. Kristine took all of the thoughts we had and wrote a ceremony that was utterly perfect for us. We were truly moved while experiencing it as were apparently the many guests who commented that it was the best ceremony they had ever witnessed. Kristine is gentle, thoughtful, honest and inspiring in her delivery. I only wish we had had even more time surrounding the actual event to share some of the glow with her, as she is the one who set the tone to launch us into this great unknown of life together. Thank you Kristine. We hope we see you around. Ashley & David.

Profile Picture Ashley, 3/31/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Kristine- we wanted a ceremony that was short, non-denominational, yet personal and she delivered all of that and more. She had my fiance and I each fill out a questionnaire separately and then worked our answers into her first draft, which she then shared with us for review. It was perfect!! I was always too nervous to write our own vows, despite loving how personal it is when I see other do it, so this was the perfect compromise. I felt like we still got to write our own vows, but didn't have the stress of doing it all on our own. At our ceremony Kristine was warm, personable, professional, and funny. She truly made our day special. Thank you, Kristine!

Profile Picture Lisa, 3/5/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination, Non-religious

Kristine with Sweetgrass Ceremonies is wonderful to work with. My fiancé and I hired her for our ceremony in Florence, AZ. We met with Kristine early into our wedding planning, as she was recommended by my sister who was helping me with wedding research. She loved hearing about our story, but I especially loved hearing about hers. She is a great listener and a true pleasure to work with. We emailed back and forth multiple times to make sure our ceremony script is just how we wanted it to be. Additionally, she skyped with us to instruct us on our ring exchange and other things prior to our ceremony.

During our ceremony, there was not a dry eye among my intimate guest count of 45. She delivered the ceremony perfectly, and added a bit of humor which was nice...because I could not stop crying! She was so lovely, and was a wonderful blend of traditional/non-traditional, and unique. It was wonderful! I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture User5577073, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Customized Vows

Kristine Bentz was the PERFECT officiate for our wedding ceremony. She is a phenomenal professional and overall person to work with. She really listened to our vision for the ideal ceremony and helped to make it personalized, incredibly meaningful, and true to our vision. Our experience working with her was beyond 5 stars!! As newlyweds, we cannot sing her praises enough!

Profile Picture Allie, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kristine is wonderful! As promised, she completely tailored our wedding ceremony to us and everyone commented on what a lovely ceremony it was! Highly, highly recommended!

Profile Picture Dana, 5/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kristine was the perfect wedding officiant! She listens, she is creative and sincere and in tune with the couples that she conducts ceremonies for. She has an efficient and effective processs to get values and thoughts out of your head and onto paper to help her create the ceremony. We had a great experience and a very personal ceremony- all thanks to Kristine and her creative talents!

Profile Picture Kathy, 1/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Thoughtful, professional, and amazing!

Profile Picture Susan, 1/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kristine is so easy to talk to, and really listens. She incorporated all of our heartfelt feelings into our ceremony, making it one of the most unique ceremonies I've ever heard. All of our guests felt that indeed, it was truly special! Thanks, Kristine!

Profile Picture Shirley, 12/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant, Unique Services (Other)

I don't even know where to begin! Kristine was truly amazing and we LOVED working with her! When we initially met, we went through our thoughts on the ceremony-nothing super traditional, religious, or sappy and with a few quotes from Wedding Crashers thrown in (I'm not kidding-it's one of our favorite movies). Not once did Kristine seem put off by what we wanted or try to steer us in another direction. When we received our first draft of the ceremony, it was exactly what we wanted and then some. She 100% captured our personalities and included everything we asked for. I even think she may have watched Wedding Crashers for inspiration :) So many of my guests have complimented us on the ceremony, too. Kristine made it funny, she included the audience, and it was absolutely perfect for us. And it was OUR ceremony-no one will ever have the same words spoken at their ceremony which I love! If you're looking for an officiant who can completely customize your ceremony and nail it the day of, you HAVE to work with Kristine!

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/18/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Kristine is THE most incredibly thoughtful, warm, and inviting person you will ever meet. When we were given Kristine's name by our florist as a recommended officiant, we never imagined someone could deliver the kind of ceremony Kristine did at our wedding last Saturday. Both my husband and I cried, our parents cried, our siblings cried, and even some of the most tough guys had a few tears. Kristine has a way with words, a way with delivering a message, that you will be lucky to be a part of. Her ceremonies will resonate with you like no other ceremony has before. Guests continued to come to us throughout the night saying our ceremony was by far the most warm and personal ceremony they have ever witnessed. Some guests said they were even speechless. You will be lucky to have Kristine by your side on your wedding day. She truly is an incredible person. One that we were lucky to meet and are looking forward to continuing a relationship with in years ahead.

Profile Picture Jill, 8/30/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Every single one of my vendors recommended Kristine Bentz of Sweetgrass Ceremonies to me when I asked them about officiants. They promised that she was/is the only non-cheesy celebrant in town, and they may be right. We met her and knew we didn't even need to meet anyone else -- she was exactly what we were looking for. She's organized and intelligent and ran a beautiful ceremony. Her process of getting us ready was perfect -- both bride and groom fill out a questionnaire about one another and their love, and she morphs it into a gorgeous ceremony. We even had the opportunity to make a few tweaks before the final draft was decided upon. I'm so glad that we decided to go with Kristine -- she made the ceremony absolutely amazing and we couldn't be more grateful.

Profile Picture victoria, 5/10/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Kristine was an absolute joy to work with! My husband and I are from Arizona but currently live in Illinois. Kristine was always readily available on the phone, over Skype, and over e-mail to make sure our ceremony went smoothly. While neither of us are religious, we knew we wanted to incorporate aspects of my Jewish heritage into our wedding. Kristine did an excellent job of incorporating these elements and explaining their significance to the guests in attendance.

We knew we wanted a unique, personal ceremony. Through only a few correspondences, Kristine built a ceremony that was heartfelt, warm, and completely "us". We had complete control over the text in the ceremony at all times and were involved in all parts of the process. But to be honest, we really didn't change much! From the very first draft, we felt that Kristine had captured everything that we wanted. After the ceremony, we received countless comments about how well done the ceremony was and how impressed the guests were with Kristine. We would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone looking for a unique, personal ceremony.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/3/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I have nothing but positive feedback about my experience with Sweetgrass Ceremonies! Kristine is definitely someone to trust with any type of ceremony - she puts her all into creating something special, and she is extremely talented at incorporating unique ideas into her ceremonies while keeping the flow of a traditional event. She does a great job of combining serious and lighthearted topics, so that people are not only present and observing the ceremony, but they feel like they learn more about you and they enjoy themselves. Everyone becomes a part of your event. To add to all of this, Kristine is so fun and funny! We couldn't have imagined a wedding ceremony that better represented us as a couple.

Profile Picture Amy, 4/27/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Kristine Bentz was wonderful. The first time we met her, we absolutely loved her - she has a very calming, warm, and kind presence. She took the time to really learn about us and put together our ceremony and we loved everything about it. I could have stood in that moment for forever. She was perfect and made us and our guests feel very at home and comfortable. All of our guests loved our ceremony too and raved about how wonderful Kristine was. My husband and I both highly recommend her and can't say enough about how great she is.

Profile Picture Erica, 4/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kristine was the one for us from the first time we spoke to her via FaceTime. She has a calming, gentle presence and was very flexible and extremely helpful throughout the entire process. The vow she helped create were simply perfect for us both. We could not have picked anyone better for our magical day.

Profile Picture Andy, 4/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

There are so many decisions that go into a wedding, it can feel overwhelming. One of the very best decision we made for our day was working with Kristine Bentz as our officiant. Kristine truly made our ceremony something fun and special for us and helped us to stay calm. I can't tell you how many guests came up to us after the ceremony to comment on what a beautiful job Kristine did and how genuine our ceremony felt. It really felt like us! :) When we were writing our vows, my husband and I both felt like it was like working with a friend. Kristine took the time to get to know us so our ceremony felt unique and personalized. Our wedding from beginning to end was exactly what we wanted it to be. We felt really lucky to have her as a part of such an important day.

Profile Picture Kristi, 4/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kristine Bentz was a superb officiant - we could not have had asked for anyone better. She planned the wedding with us conjointly and with the utmost respect for our suggestions and for our vision. She nevertheless gave us guidance and was extremely helpful in weaving together a beautiful ceremony, taking into consideration our personalities, our cultural backgrounds and our dreams of this event. Kristine was wonderful leading the ceremony, and so many of our guests commented on that. She made all feel comfortable, she used appropriate humor, she was sensitive to the tender moments, and celebrated our love with great joy- as concerned and caring as we could have hoped for. Hire Kristine- you will have no regrets!

Profile Picture Mark, 4/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kristine Bentz was the perfect celebrant for our wedding. We wanted someone who could take what our wishes and dreams were for the future and put them in words for the wedding which expressed exactly what we wanted. She was friendly and easy to work with. After a very short amount of time we felt relaxed and confident that she was what we needed for our ceremony. She made the ceremony relaxed and spiritual without being religious, and she seemed to put us in touch with nature during the entire even. She also went above and beyond what we asked of her by giving us information on local sights, local culture and local history.

Profile Picture Karen, 3/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Kristine was wonderful! My husband and I loved her. She was very personable and made us feel like we have known her for a very long time. Our wedding was perfect and she did a great job as our officiant!

Profile Picture Katie, 3/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I cannot name a single regret in choosing Kristine to be our celebrant. She was absolutely perfect.

The ceremony was the most important part for my husband and I. We wanted something personal and meaningful - not generic. I, in particular, wanted a secular ceremony. When I first heard of Sweetgrass Ceremonies, I knew I had landed on something good.

The first meeting with Kristine was wonderful. I felt so comfortable and at ease (which can be a challenge for an introvert like me). I loved her calm soothing voice, her story, and her clear passion for what she does. She is very much about the couple, and presenting and connecting with their story. I knew immediately I wanted to work with her.

Throughout the planning process she continued to shine. She was always quick to respond. I always felt like things were taken care of. The questions she ask are wonderful and she really does use the responses to guide her writing. In the end, we had a completely custom ceremony. No part of it felt like it was done before. It was very much a reflection of us as a couple.

Kristine even helped us come up with a unique unity ritual that we loved! We wanted something we connected with - not just candles or sand, which had no meaning. She sure delivered. She even helped us get the supplies for the ritual.

On the big day she arrived well ahead of time, and was dressed nicely, and interacted with others in a professional manner.

Even after the wedding, she continued to be a great help. Being a binational couple, we wanted to apply for a visa so I could move to my husband's country as soon as we could. Kristine met with us early the following Monday at the clerk's office to file the marriage certificate in person so that we could get copies immediately. Talk about going above and beyond!

In all, Kristine was worth every penny. It was perfectly us, and I cannot imagine anyone else doing a better job.

Profile Picture Erin, 1/11/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We planned our wedding from California. We wanted to have a secular ceremony and find someone we could really connect with to provide a personal, special experience for us on our wedding day. We quickly found the Sweetgrass Ceremonies website and were very pleased with what we read there. We connected with Kristine not long after via email and then chatted through Skype. She is warm, personable, calming and was the perfect fit for us. We were able to meet with her in person. By the end of our meeting, we felt we had made a new friend. By the end of our wedding experience, she felt like even more. She guided us through the writing of our vows, collected information to make our ceremony personal and threw in touches, relevant to our story, that brought everything together. She was an integral presence at our rehearsal and really delivered the day of our event. She is an engaging speaker. She even helped us find art pieces for a portion of our ceremony. All in all, we were thrilled with meeting her and having her help make, and be a part, of our wedding experience. She provided us with a beautiful packet at the end, including our marriage license, beautifully printed vows and cover. We could not recommend her more highly.

Profile Picture Alissa, 11/23/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Kristine was a wonderful wedding officiant. We met, she explained the details of getting married in Arizona and tailored the ceremony to our needs. She was available for rehearsal and was remarkable during the ceremony.

Profile Picture Liz, 11/17/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

In a sense, we struck gold with Kristine. She is so patient, and has such a calming personality. All while maintaining a high level of professionalism. We couldnt of asked for any better. Thank you so much Kristine, for being a part of our beautiful wedding day, and forever wonderful memories. We wish you all the best and a wonderful holiday. David

Profile Picture David, 11/9/13, 1 Review