Sweetchic Events, Inc. Reviews

92 | Chicago, IL

92 Reviews for Sweetchic Events, Inc.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Sweetchic Events, Inc. 5
Sweetchic Events, Inc. 6
Sweetchic Events, Inc. 7

Jane · Married on 06/24/2016

TL;DR: Charlene was an amazing wedding coordinator, you should hire her.

When we were beginning to organize our wedding, my husband to be insisted we hire a wedding planner. I hadn’t attended a wedding since I was six and knew next to nothing about what it entailed (other than it would be good to invite people and give them food) and he had never attended an American-style wedding. We were clueless, busy, and chronically disorganized. Enter Charlene.

Here is why she is awesome:
    1. She is scary organized and has coordinated many, many weddings. She knows what needs to be done and when.
    2. You (the couple) do not have to remember when a given task needs to be done nor do you have to sift through dozens of vendors. Charlene will tell you when to hire, for instance, a florist and give you a short-list of names. Everyone she recommended to us was AWESOME.
    3. She can answer your questions about what different wedding components are and whether or not you need them. For instance, I had no idea why we would need a guestbook…
    4. She is never pushy about making sure you have all the ‘stuff’. My husband and I didn’t want our wedding to be too typical and we wanted to represent both of our cultures; Charlene helped us achieve both of those goals.
    5. She will attend meetings with you and advocate on your behalf with vendors.
    6. On the day of, she will be in charge of wrangling vendors and making sure everyone stays on schedule. You won’t have to remember anything other than your vows!

I can say without reservation that our wedding was wonderful and that it could never have happened without Charlene’s expert guidance and help. Seriously.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Alexa · Married on 06/18/2016

When we tell people our wedding was perfect in every way, we truly mean it. And that is in large part due to the help that Courtney provided us as our wedding coordinator. She was simply the best! A day of wedding coordinator (which ended up being support that started two months out, thank goodness) was something that was not originally in our budget, but when we were thinking about what we wanted for our day - not to feel stressed, not to have to worry about the small details, to just enjoy the party - we starting researching coordinators. I looked at about 4 different vendors before landing on SweetChic. What won me over was that in our first conversation over the phone, Courtney got right down to business. She started giving me great ideas about things to be thinking about for our wedding night. Like, when the sunset is scheduled so that we can make sure our cocktail hour outside wouldn't end up being in the dark. We wanted someone who was going to help us make decisions, not just coordinate what was already planned. Courtney did just that. Not only was she super helpful, responsive, and fun to work with, SweetChic's rates are extremely affordable for what you get. Courtney started working with us 2 months out, took over all the coordination with the vendors (which was a lifesaver), developed our day of timeline, coordinated our walk through at the venue, and managed the ceremony rehearsal. The day of, she was everywhere she needed to be so that our wedding literally went off without a hitch. She even had an Associate with her the day of so that they could divide and conquer. From grabbing us for the toasts, to making sure we had chairs for the hora, Courtney did not miss a beat. My husband and I tell eachother that she was the best investment we made...and it's true! Without Courtney, our wedding would definitely not have been as stress-free and blissful as it was. Thank you Courtney - you made our day!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Cassidy · Married on 06/11/2016

Charlene and her team were dependable, professional, and made our big day possible. Booking her team for the full package was the best decision I could have ever made. Our wedding day went off without a hitch. Not only was Charlene and Courtney there to respond to all my inquiries in a timely manner, they were mindful of budgets, decor, and staying on task. If you want ladies who know the industry in Chicago who are fun, down-to-earth, and get the job down, go with Charlene, and her stellar team.

Sent on 07/31/2016

I used Sweetchic for their day-of coordination services and I am SO glad that I did. It wasn't something that I thought I was going to utilize (I'm a very organized person) but ultimately I don't know how I would have done it without Courtney. She kept everything on the perfect timeline and seamlessly got everyone where they needed to be, she arranged arrival times for all vendors so that I didn't have to worry about hearing from anyone and could simply relax day-of. This was an awesome team to work with and everything went so smoothly because of them!

Sent on 01/14/2016

Alisha · Married on 10/03/2015

I love Courtney!! When I brought up needing a coordinator to my then fiancé, he was very resistant to the idea. I think it wasn't until after our first meeting, when she talked us through the details of our day that he saw the light. By the end, neither one of us knows how we would have gotten through without her organization and advice!! I think my exact words were, "if it wasn't for Courtney I would probably be over in a corner crying right now." We had one venue where it was more DIY. There were tons of details to execute and vendors to coordinate. Plus, the other one of our venues was giving us some serious headaches over our contract. She contacted every vendor and venue and confirmed all of the details. It was such a relief to have her help.

After everything, the day went so smoothly. She kept us on time, informed on what was going on, and smiling. Plus, I cannot forget to mention how helpful her assistant for the day, Kelsey was! She kept track of my personal stuff, calmed me when I was just hanging out before the ceremony getting anxious, took some great photos, and helped me out with an aspirin and a granola bar when I was in need (they made such a difference.)

Because of Courtney and Kelsey I got to enjoy my wedding! Courtney really put the time and dedication into making my day a success. You can tell how much passion she has for her job and the couples she takes on as clients. She truly is amazing to work with!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Charlene is the BEST!!! I knew I was in good hands. Very organized. Thank goodness for the to do lists that she provided me or I would be lost.

Sent on 12/09/2015

When I started the wedding planning process, the only thing I knew for sure was that I was going to need a day-of coordinator. I met with a few different coordinators, but Courtney really stood out to me. She was super organized and friendly, which made for the perfect combination. She really helped keep me sane throughout the weeks leading up to the wedding. Not only did she keep me on schedule with all the things I had to do - and things I didn't even know I was supposed to do - but she was also there to reassure me and provide feedback when I needed it. I was definitely one of those brides who had no idea what she was doing and had an endless amount of questions. Courtney was super patient and always lightning quick with responses. She really went above and beyond, answering my nonstop questions, asking questions I didn't even know to consider, and even listening to my random concerns. Seriously, she was doing double duty as coordinator and therapist. And nothing rattled her, like when we found out at the eleventh hour that the violinist for the ceremony wasn't going to be able to make it. She worked it all out with the DJ so that I wouldn't have to walk down the aisle to silence and murmurs!
    On the day of the wedding I felt panicked until Courtney showed up. Once her and Jessica arrived, I knew everything would go smoothly. Together they were a power team making sure all the details were in place. The mother of the groom's dress has static cling? They had spray. The tag on my necklace won't come off? They had tools. Where are the shoes I want to change into to dance? They're already discreetly hidden them in a bag under my chair. Nothing got past her or Jessica. They kept the entire evening running perfectly and I really can't sing their praises enough. I kept expecting something to go wrong that day (everyone always says that something will definitely go wrong), but nothing went wrong and I fully believe that it's because of Courtney and Jessica!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Liz · Married on 08/01/2015

My husband and I loved working with Charlene for our 2015 summer wedding in Chicago. She was highly professional in every interaction and was a whiz at keeping track of every aspect of our fete, down to the smallest details. I particularly liked that she used the online project management software Basecamp, so that all our wedding contracts, her handy checklists, etc. were all stored in one central place that we all could access (keeping track of a million emails would have been a nightmare!); she is superbly organized. Everything on our wedding day went perfectly smoothly (unlike what I had heard from so many friends!), and it had everything to do with Charlene’s hard work, professionalism, calmness under pressure, and, perhaps most importantly, her strong, long-standing relationships with top-notch vendors (I loved our florist, caterer, makeup and hair artists, photographer—everyone!). I recommend Charlene and her team wholeheartedly!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Amy · Married on 07/04/2015

As a couple comprised of one very busy full-time MBA student and one even busier part-time MBA student, we knew it was in our best interest to use part of our budget to hire a wedding planner. We did our research and reached out to a handful of Chicago wedding planners and had our first meeting with Charlene at Sweetchic. We left the meeting, looked at each other and knew we wouldn’t even need to meet with anyone else; Charlene was just what we were looking for. At our initial meeting she was extremely organized, professional, warm and calm; exactly what you want in a wedding planner. Throughout the process she did a great job of providing input when asked but also letting us steer the ship when we wanted to. For example, the venue and location were extremely important to us, and she narrowed down the available options within our budget easily, giving us only downtown Chicago, non-hotel venues with some special charm that would allow guests to enjoy the city and asked all of the right questions at the venue visits. That’s how we ended up at River Roast. She also took the lead on parts that weren’t our expertise, such as flowers (listening to her and Zenia at Flor Del Monte, whom I highly recommend, talk about flowers was sometimes like listening to a different language!). Charlene answered my endless questions about etiquette, details, wedding party, you name it! When the Grateful Dead announced their shows in Chicago on our wedding weekend a year after we had booked everything and hotels sold out in minutes, Charlene kept us calm and worked to find some creative solutions for lodging for our guests. And finally, on the big day, Charlene and Courtney made it easy for everyone involved, from the pocket-schedules for the whole wedding party to all of the details being executed properly. After the wedding my husband and I decided that the mark of a great planner is of course that the day goes as flawlessly as it can, but also that as the bride and groom you don’t have

Sent on 07/27/2015

As a medical resident, I knew that it would be difficult to plan an out of state wedding without help. Not only was Charlene very nice and professional on our first phone call, but she also sent us a sample budget spreadsheet after that call without us asking. I felt like this showed initiative on her part, and I knew that she would be great!

Throughout the wedding process, Charlene kept us on track to make sure all of our tasks were completed, even though we were often delinquent ;) She listened to what we wanted, offered suggestions when we couldn't decide, and recommended great vendors. She was extremely timely with email responses. And the day of the wedding, her team was indispensable to us. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our big day. We felt well taken care of all day, and we did not have to worry about any of the details. She even saved the day when I had a minor veil crisis minutes before the wedding ceremony. Would have chosen Charlene and her team again if I had to do it again.

Sent on 08/09/2015

Katie · Married on 07/05/2014

People who know me well would agree that I like to plan and stay organized, particularly for parties and events. When it comes to wedding planning, knowing which vendors to work with (in your price range) is as big a part of the process as any. I could have spent hours upon hours researching, but instead I had Charlene there to guide us through the whole process. I've had so many friends get overwhelmed by the number of things that need to get done, but Charlene was there every step of the way with suggestions and answers to keep everything moving along and keep our stress levels at a minimum. When the big day finally came, between Charlene and her team (who were there to support in full force!), and the vendors we had worked with, we knew that everything was being taken care of and not to worry about the small stuff. Having received our photos recently, I was reminded of what a great day it was and how happy and relaxed we looked as the bride and groom. I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Christelle · Married on 06/29/2014

Hollywood Glam Wedding!

After countless search for a wedding planner we came across Sweetchic Events. Our first meeting was with Charlene from Sweetchic Events. When we first met her, we couldn't help but to notice how professional, organized and attentive she was during our meeting. After we left her office on our first consultation, her price was very affordable, and we decided to book her. I have to say she's a joy to work with!

During the planning, Charlene kept us on track, on budget and was able to find us our vendors without a stress! Charlene, was on top of everything before we even thought about it. Her attention to detail was phenomenal! We all know that keeping track of wedding vendors, and countless emails while having a day job can be very stressful. For us, knowing that we had Charlene in our corner, was a blessing because she made sure everything was handled and kept all the vendors in check when needed without us even having to get involve.

On the wedding day, Charlene and her assistant Jessica were a wonder! Not only did they made sure the bridal party had what they needed but they went above and beyond to make each guest feel like one of their own! We even had some guests called us personally to tell us how much they appreciate the way Charlene and Jessica were able to attend to them and made them feel like family. Charlene did a great planning that even my husband who doesn't like party was able to enjoy the day to it's fullest. I have to say to all future bride, a wedding planning should be stress free and if you have Charlene from Sweetchic in your corner, rest assure it will be just the way you dreamt it!! We will definitely recommend Sweetchic Events!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Jennie · Married on 05/17/2014

My husband and I cannot recommend Charlene enough!! We both live in NYC, but were married in Chicago (where I'm from) a little over a month ago. Our work schedules are both very hectic, so planning a wedding from halfway across the country would just not have been doable had it not been for Charlene. I met with a few wedding planners, and knew Charlene was the right choice immediately (thanks to a family friend for recommending her!!). She is extremely organized, responsiveness, warm and personable, not to mention her attention to detail is unparalleled! We must have exchanged several emails almost everyday for the 6 or so months leading up to our wedding. I'm sure she was working with several other clients at the same time, but you really would not know it. I felt as if she was only working on helping me plan mine! Not being much of a "wedding person", I had a slight idea of what I thought I wanted. Charlene took that small idea and helped me create and perfect a vision which became a reality on our wedding day. Because of her, I did not stress about anything, even the day of the wedding!! Throughout the wedding process, she kept us on track in terms of timing and was very budget conscious. It made making decisions so much easier and more efficient (and cost effective!!). She truly put together an all-star team of vendors and planned us the wedding of our dreams. Charlene is the absolute best!! Book her immediately :)

Sent on 06/27/2014

Katie · Married on 11/09/2013

We just got married in November and whole-heartedly recommend Charlene and her team to any couple looking to have the wedding of their dreams!! We used her full planning services and are completely thrilled that we did. We had a wedding with about 170 guests in Chicago.
    We did a bit of online searching to try and find a highly rated planner at a reasonable cost. I called around to a few planners to get price quotes and a feel for their services and it was an interesting experience. Then we found Charlene and Sweetchic and it was smooth sailing from there on out. We sent in an inquiry through the Sweetchic website and within ten minutes we received an e-mail from Charlene about setting up an initial consultation with her. We met her at her loft space and just chatted for awhile about us, what we envisioned for a wedding, and how the planning process would work - by the end of our meeting my husband and I knew that Charlene was the right planner for us! We needed Charlene to help with everything. And she did just that, and then some! Charlene offers a wonderful blend of knowledge, organization, creativity, style, and approachability. She answered every single one of our e-mails, and was so much fun to work with. We didn’t spend a single second worrying about or second guessing anything that Charlene helped us with. We also didn’t have to spend time worrying about the next thing we should be doing, Charlene made sure we were on track with planning and reminded us when there was something we had to do. She recommended fantastic vendors, accompanied us on all of our vendor meetings, knew the right questions to ask, and took care of all the follow up. We had Charlene with us on the day of as well as her awesome assistant planner, Courtney. We have been repeatedly complimented on how smoothly everything seemed to go on the day of the wedding – and it really did. There is absolutely nothing at all we would change about our wedding day. Sweetchic is the best!

Sent on 01/27/2014

Julie · Married on 10/13/2013

Sweetchic - through Charlene and Courtney - really made our wedding a success. My husband and I were not especially into the whole wedding planning process and Sweetchic got us where we needed to be, had us decide what we needed to decide, and brought to life our mostly vague ideas about what we wanted on our wedding day. We also really wanted to incorporate traditions from both sides of our family and Sweetchic ensured that went smoothly and made everything feel cohesive and painless. We couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 11/14/2013

Kim · Married on 08/31/2013

When my husband and I got engaged, we originally did not want a wedding planner, thinking we could do everything on our own. My parents who live out of town convinced us it would be beneficial, and we hired Charlene. She and her team at Sweetchic Events were phenomenal in coordinating our wedding day!

Charlene has a great personality and is extremely down to earth. With her, it is all about your wedding and she will do whatever possible to make your wedding day dreams come true. We attempted to be budget conscious at the beginning of our planning and Charlene was able to find us some amazing vendors. She constantly kept us on track throughout the process, which I appreciated since she could organize all our appointments, keep our vendors in line and answer my many many emails - and keep everything archived through our specialized Sweetchic wedding site. Charlene even made some of the littlest details, like deciding on guest favors, fun!

Charlene and her assistant Jessica did an awesome job on our wedding day? My husband and I and our families didn't have to worry about a thing and could enjoy the day. My mom even commented on how much fun she had, feeling like a "guest" at her daughter's wedding. Everything ran smoothly, the ceremony and decorations were beautiful and we all had an incredible time!

If you are skeptical about hiring a wedding planner, take my advice and hire Charlene at Sweetchic. She has such a passion for planning weddings - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 02/09/2014

Roseanna · Married on 07/27/2013

Honestly, of all the things you can spend money on in planning your wedding, hiring a wedding coordinator is probably the most worthwhile. And Charlene was most definitely worth it!

Charlene saved us so much stress, especially the day of the wedding. I've been to so many weddings where the bride/groom or parents are frantic through out the wedding because of last minute details that they are trying to address. Because of Charlene and her carefully planned schedule, I was able to truly enjoy our wedding and the entire experience. I did not have to worry about whether the vendors were able to set up at the venue, whether the shuttles we hired arrived on time, whether tips were delivered to the vendors, or whether we'd have time to scramble around to organize escort cards. The day is already so hectic and emotional, that not having to worry about such logistical details really was a blessing.

In preparing for the wedding, Charlene was great to work with through out this past year. She was organized, hard working, and responsive to our many (MANY) e-mails. Even though I'm sure she had several other clients to handle concurrently, she always responded to our numerous questions within a day. She was able to help us visualize the wedding we wanted, and knew the right vendors to suggest for lighting, music, florists, etc. She was flexible with her schedule and met with us when we were in town so we could accomplish venue walk-throughs, tastings, etc.

Lastly, Charlene is just a really kind and fun person to work with during a stressful time. You spend a lot of time emailing and speaking with your wedding coordinator, especially as you get closer to the wedding date, so finding someone with a personality and style that matches your own is really important. My husband and I really enjoyed working with Charlene this past year, and were beyond happy with our wedding day.

Sent on 08/08/2013

Courtney · Married on 07/06/2013

I'm not even sure where to begin to review Charlene, because, honestly, words cannot describe how amazing she was throughout my wedding planning process, as well as on the day of my wedding. Charlene is extremely organized, hard working, professional, and knowledgeable in "the world of wedding." She never steered me in the wrong direction, and she truly took my wants and needs into account for absolutely every decision she made. Charlene helped me plan my décor, menu, and unique wedding ceremony down to every last detail. She made herself available to me at all hours of the day, everyday leading up to the wedding, and there was never a question or request too small, or big for that matter, that she couldn't handle with a confident nod of affirmation, and a smile on her face. Charlene helped me stay within my budget, and even helped highlight areas where I could money. I trust her wholeheartedly, and if I had to do it all over again, the only change I would make would be to have hired her the day after our engagement - not just after I thought I needed a little help on the day of the actual wedding : )

Sent on 08/26/2013

Nicole · Married on 06/22/2013

I am going to preface this by saying, my husband and I were not going to get a wedding "day of" coordinator. Our venue had a events manager on hand that we were going to utilize on the day of. Yet as we got closer and closer to the big day and more and more vendors were added into the mix of things it started to get overwhelming. So when my Mom suggested at the last minute getting a photobooth and I very plainly said "that's fine but I don't know who's going to coordinate their arrival, set up, etc; because I can't do it." That's when the light bulb went on for my Mom. She later approached me and said...."have you thought about getting a DOC?" Point being always listen to your Mom!!

We were so lucky. We hopped on Yelp and found Charlene and she's been nothing but an angel. She responded promptly to my many, many....many emails. She answered questions, followed up with my vendors (which was a god send especially when some vendors were unresponsive), provided structural guidance to the day and brought an assistant who would magically appear and nicely remind us how to stay on track. Charlene basically took all the work my husband and I had done getting a dream team of people together and then orchestrated a symphony with them. And like every event we had a few sangs however I never saw her sweat and she did everything in her power to make things right. If you are lucky like we were and she has your date open, don't think about it...just hire her! She will work hard for you and keep you on task. Inevitably this is your day and you have to be happy. And let me tell you happiness is NOT running around after vendors at the last minute and trying to figure out who's on first and who's on second. Happiness is a day that moves smoothly without worrying about what's going on behind the scenes. Leave that to Charlene and team and focus on what it's all about - getting married.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Jennie · Married on 06/08/2013

We had a great experience with Charlene. We really appreciated her help in setting everything up at the reception, coordinating our party favors which were books and also our centerpieces, collecting all the odds and ends at the end of the evening, making sure we walked home with our gifts in hand, and most importantly just coordinating all the details in the weeks leading up to our wedding. The wedding was great and we couldn't have asked for things to go more smoothly on the day of!

Sent on 07/02/2013

We loved working with Charlene from Sweet Chic Events, and we would not have made it through our wedding without her!

She is detail-oriented, professional, and lovely to work with. From helping us organize our out-of-state wedding to managing details on the day of, she was definitely worth the investment.

Charlene had many thoughtful and helpful suggestions, eased the stress of wedding planning, and we were able to enjoy the day knowing that she had everything taken care of.

I would highly recommend using Sweet Chic Events. We are so glad that we did!

Sent on 05/08/2014

Tammy · Married on 05/04/2013

I came across Charlene of Sweetchic Events through my sister who is also in the wedding industry, and I am so glad I did!!! I have never been good at organizing and staying on top of things, and in addition, my husband is out of country most of the time for work and so am I. So my husband gave me the go to hire Charlene as our wedding planner. Going with the full package, she helped SO much on our wedding...she pretty did the entire planning for us!! It could not have been possible without Charlene and her wonderful team. She kept me informed and in contact couple times a week, and reminded me up of upcoming meetings (thank God for that or else I would have forgotten). She has been so wonderful through the entire process, and I am so ever grateful for her service. I HIGHLY recommend Charlene and Sweetchic Events to brides-to-be, whether you decide to go with her full service or even her day of coordination. She is highly professional, and I wouldn't have chosen any other person to plan my wedding. Our wedding could not have been possible without her.

Sent on 07/28/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 11/10/2012

My husband and I chose Charlene of SweetChic Events to help us plan our wedding after our first meeting with her. We were initially impressed with how responsive she was to our inquiry and when we met her in person and discussed our vision with her we knew she understood us.

With demanding jobs and a cross country move planned, hiring Charlene was the BEST decision we made. She was involved in every step of the planning process, guiding us and helping us make the best decisions to achieve our vision while still staying within our budget.

Charlene's budget and timeline tools were especially helpful to keep us on budget and on task.

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and exceeded our expectations. Charlene executed our vision to perfection. Weeks after, people are still talking about the food, decor, music, and the special things that made our wedding so unique.

I would highly recommend Charlene to anyone!

Sent on 11/30/2012

Lauren · Married on 09/09/2012

Charlene was absolutely amazing to work with. She is really, really calm, which is helpful, especially when other people start to get freaked out! She is always extremely organized and professional. I also appreciated how much she listened to and supported my ideas. She helped keep us on track and was able to save us quite a bit of money along the way through relationships she has built with vendors. I wish I was getting married again so we could do it all over!

Sent on 10/05/2012

Karen · Married on 09/02/2012

Having Charlene and the Sweetchic staff onboard during the planning process of our wedding was incredibly helpful and made the entire experience very low stress. We're not sure how we could have possibly planned this on our own! Charlene is super organized, so from the beginning, she had checklists, spreadsheets, and timelines for us to help us keep on task. She was always in tune with the vision we had for our wedding and what we were looking for in our vendors. Charlene is also very approachable for advice/opinion on vendors, design/decor, and pretty much everything else! One of the most helpful aspects of the service was Charlene's attendance at vendor meetings. Since she knows weddings so well, she often asked the questions that we didn't know to ask, and we knew she always had our best interest in mind. As we got closer and closer to our wedding date, her reminders were extremely helpful, and she made sure that we were in good shape- we ended up finishing most preparations with a week to go! On the day of the wedding, we got a little behind schedule because of hair/makeup, but Charlene was calm and reassuring, and everything got back on track in no time; the ceremony and reception were perfect! Her team Jessica and Lindsay were super helpful and so easy to work with as well! We had so much fun on our wedding day, thanks to Charlene and her team! I would not think twice to recommend Sweetchic to any bride-to-be!

Sent on 09/14/2012