Sweet Zulu Bakeshop Reviews

6 | Paso Robles, CA

6 Reviews for Sweet Zulu Bakeshop

Dena C Price · Married on 03/16/2019

Extraordinary bakers and people! For a baby shower!

Where to begin with Sweet Zulu Bakeshop!
    THEY ARE AMAZING AND SO EASY TO WORK WITH AND THE WORD SCRUMPTUOUS DOES NOT EVEN DO JUSTICE TO THE CHEESECAKE CUPCAKES THEY MADE FOR US FOR A WOODLAND BABY SHOWER!!!

It was an over the top baby-shower and, after talking with many bakers who either flat out did not do cheesecake cupcakes or were ridiculous in price, I found Riana and Cristu at Sweet Zulu Bakeshop.

From the get go, Riana got on the phone with me and stayed with me almost daily as we came up with the general design I hoped to get. I went back and forth and probably drove her crazy… but she just smiled and hugged me in person every time and gave me tons of encouragement over the phone when I was handling so many other aspects of the shower I could barely breathe! It was so much fun and exciting to do the shower and Riana kept me focused and calm and threw out many ideas for me to choose from.

After I dropped of a zillion little decorations and told her “please just use your own inspiration and do what you do, I have complete faith in you!” And boy did she go way beyond my expectations!!!
    Not only were they the most delicious cheesecake I have ever tasted – A BIG SHOUT OUT TO KAREN HER BAKER, who is an amazing lady as well – as they were not super sweet but light and creamy and so tasty! They were the cutest darn things I have ever seen. She knew exactly how to make them not too gawdy and not too simple but gorgeous!

I also ordered a mini 6” cheesecake for my nephew who is going to be a big brother. I looked and looked for a little and baby brother figurine, but could not find an appropriate one, so I went with a baby and young Raccoon pair and asked her to please make it cute and write ‘Promoted to big brother’. Well, cake was also so delicious and light and fluffy, and did I mention they use NO PRESERVATIVES, which is awesome, as this nephew and his mom and dad are very healthy and it was a special circumstance he was going to be eating something sweet like this, but she did the most amazing scene on the cake and all the supporting decorations right down to the plate it sat on. PLEASE SEE PICTURES! She handmade me many of the decorations and they were so amazing, people at the shower thought it was a purchased center piece and were astounded it was a cake!

These people at Sweet Zulu Bakeshop need to be given the praise for their product, work ethic AND who they are as people! All the girls there and Cristu, Riana’s husband and co-owner, were so kind and accommodating and always there to be supportive and helpful to me! The customer service is equal to the amazing food they deliver in store and for catering!

Please, do yourself a favor and go meet them and try their food! The belong in our little close-knit town and treat everyone with respect and kindness and deliver over and above their promises or projected vision!

I am forever a loyal customer to them and I urge anyone reading this to give them your business as you will not regret it!

With heartfelt thanks and love,
    Dena Price

Sent on 04/03/2019

Jackie · Married on 12/30/2018

Amazing people, delicious dessert

Okay. I stole part this from another review. Yes, I know, that is cheating and looks fake. But it is so true. 'Absolutely loved working with this bakery!! They did a phenomenal job on my desserts and cake. She took my vision and put it to life. My guests loved every bit of it. I would highly highly recommend them!!!!'

So happy they have a storefront as well! congrats to them. Everything was delicious, though the cutting cake was so much taller than I expected! It seemed like a two tier cake as far as height went! They did an amazing job with little direction from me, just basic colors and a 'artistic license' instruction set.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Sweet Zulu Bakeshop's reply:

Thank you very much for the kind words! It was our honor to work with you and make your wonderful day super memorable! We wish you a blessed marriage.

Maegan · Married on 09/15/2018

Sent on 09/17/2018

Sweet Zulu Bakeshop's reply:

Thank you! It was our honor to be part of your special day ! May your marriage be blessed:)

Mathew · Married on 05/19/2018

Riana at Sweet Zulu as an absolute pleasure to work with from day one. From the first day of research and questions through to the last we were overly impressed with their responsiveness, attention to detail and most importantly the taste. We would have no issue recommending Sweet Zulu for your event.

Sent on 03/04/2018

Mary · event on: 12/31/2017

I asked for cupcakes with yellow flowers and with some kind of peacock colors in them. They made beautiful peacocks out of white chocolate and put them on the flowers. They made 4 different flower types. Yellow and peacocks were my mother's favorites. They did a wonderful job for me.

Sent on 01/31/2018

Jaclyn · Married on 11/07/2014

The cupcakes were amazing!! Customer service was great! Riana and Christo were very kind and you can tell they put alot of love into their baking and business.

Sent on 01/31/2018