Sweet Southern Scratch Reviews

48 | Foley, AL

48 Reviews for Sweet Southern Scratch

Sweet Southern Scratch is amazing!! Our wedding reception was made complete by their food and the presentations of their delicious dishes! Many, many compliments were made to us during and after the reception about the food! Afterwards, they boxed up, cleaned up. and took care of everything so I didn't have to worry about 1 thing!
    Highly Recommend!!!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Alana · Married on 05/21/2016

We used Sweet Southern Scratch for our Orange Beach wedding in May on our photographer's recommendation. From the very first email I sent to Lisa requesting more information, she was an absolute dream to work with. She answered all of my questions (and there were quite a few!) quickly through email and was so accommodating to our budget. She helped us choose great tasting food and even made amazing buffalo chicken sliders at our request, even though it wasn't an option on her menu. She asked about our wedding colors and reception decorations ahead of time and then chose table decorations that coordinated beautifully. We eventually chose five a la carte items for our food and they were all outstanding!! We received so many compliments from our guests. Lisa and her crew showed up 2 hours before the ceremony to begin setup and cleaned up and boxed up all the leftover food after the reception. They went above and beyond to make our wedding day extremely easy and memorable. Thank you so much for the amazing experience and outstanding customer service!!!!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Sweet Southern Scratch catered our mother's 70th birthday party. From start to finish the staff was professional and responsive. The food was PHENOMENAL!!! We selected boneless, skinless chicken thighs as one of our entrees. The thighs were so delicious that many of our guests thought they were eating chicken breasts. They were astonished to find out that was not the case. We received so many wonderful compliments on the food and the catering staff. The service was excellent and the transition from appetizer to the dinner amidst our program was seamless. We cannot express enough how pleased we were with the evening, and we owe our successful event to Sweet Southern Scratch and its wonderful staff.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Mykel · Married on 04/23/2016

AWESOME! Great Service, Great Professionalism, Great Food! Sweet Southern Scratch catered my Granny's 70th Birthday Celebration. We were complemented on the service you all provided and the Taste of the food by our guest. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, and THANK YOU! May the Lord continue to Bless you all!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Sweet Southern Scratch's reply:

Mykel, thank you for such kind and encouraging words! We enjoyed watching your family and friends love on your grandmother. It was a blessing to us and we're honored that Sweet Southern Scratch was asked to serve. THANKS!!

Emily · Married on 02/20/2016

I found Sweet Southern Scratch on Wedding Wire and was immediately impressed with the website. The web design is verry professional and easy to navigate. I entered a request for an inquiry and immediately got a response. Lisa Sims, the owner was incredibly easy to work with. We e-mailed back and forth making plans and narrowing down the details. She was so friendly and I felt so comfortable talking to her. I described what I wanted, which was a brunch reception for 100 people and she made it happen! I made my food selections a la carte. My guests loved the food! I loved the food! It was delicious! Everyone enjoyed themselves and that was the most important thing to me (the bride). The catering staff did a phenominal job. Things went very smoothly.

Sent on 03/16/2016

Micki · Married on 01/17/2016

My daughter and her fiance wanted "heavy hors d'oeuvres" for their 6 pm Hattiesburg, MS wedding. I was concerned that we needed a meal for a night time reception. Lisa managed to honor the bride and groom's wishes and still fill every body up with the most delicious presentation of "heavy hors d'oeuvres" you have ever tasted. Everyone was asking for recipes and "where did you find the caterer?" Lisa and her team arrived 2 hours before the wedding and transformed the food tables into the most spectacular wedding feast ever! I highly recommend Sweet Southern Scratch for any special occasion where you want to send your quests home with lasting memories of wonderful food.

Sent on 03/13/2016

Sweet Southern Scratch was one of the best decisions I made when planning my wedding. They are so easy to work with and will help make your day memorable for anyone involved. My wedding was about two months ago, and I am still being told by our guests that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. I highly recommend this sweet family to cater your next event. You won't regret it.

Sent on 03/15/2016

Robin · Married on 01/02/2016

Working with Sweet Southern Scratch has been a pure pleasure. We had been to a few weddings they catered and knew the quality of food and presentation was great! But now after experiencing their services personally we had no worries. They made it easy, they worked with our budget, The guests are still talking about how delicious the food was. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/18/2016

I am the Behavioral Sciences teacher at Foley High School. I teach courses in Psychology, Sociology, and Philosophy, including a Comparative Religion class. My students have been learning about various faith traditions and part of our study has been religious holidays and their origins and meanings. We celebrated Hanukkah and Sweet Southern Scratch helped make this event happen for us. They researched a fantastic sampling menu for us and even went to great lengths to make sure the foods and the processes used to cook the meal were kosher. I am very happy with the service they provided and the amazing care to detail they put into this project. My students and I were very impressed. Thank you Lisa and Mitchell!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Amy · Married on 11/01/2015

In spite of last minute changes due to weather, Lisa, Mitchell and their helpers created a beautiful reception for my daughter's wedding.

The food was delicious, the hospitality and service were excellent, and I highly recommend Sweet Southern Scratch!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Debbie · Married on 10/24/2015

The guests went on and on about the wonderful food. I found them to be very professional, punctual and friendly. They were also very willing to accommodate and change up their menu for us. But what really sold me on hiring them was that they seemed as excited and happy about the upcoming wedding as we were. Our big day wouldn't have been the same without the Sweet Southern Scratch!

Sent on 11/14/2015

LeeAnna · Married on 09/06/2015

Lisa and her team were phenomenal. My Fiancé & I had them cater our Labor Day weekend wedding & people are still talking about the food. The food is absolutely amazing. I have attended several weddings that Sweet Southern Scratch catered & when I got engaged, they were the only people I wanted to talk to about catering- we are self professed foodies & knew we wanted the food to be something people remembered. They go above and beyond to make your day special and I cannot say enough about their flexibility & desire to see your vision & fit right into it!!! I also cannot say enough about the shrimp and grits!!! Our only regret is that we didn't ask for an extra tub of shrimp & grits to take with us on our honeymoon!!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Terri · Married on 08/01/2015

Excelllent food and service!!! We used Sweet Southern Scratch for our son's wedding which was heavy horderves and my daughter's wedding that was a buffet style. We are still hearing how great the food was at both weddings. Lisa and her crew out just outstanding. Lisa will listen to your ideas and come up with this amazing menu that you and your guest will enjoy. Can't say enough about them!! Sweet Southern Scratch is Simply the Best!!!

Sent on 09/04/2015

lauren · Married on 06/10/2015

Sweet Southern Scratch did an amazing job at our beach wedding! The decorations were beautiful and the food was so delicious! They are very professional and so friendly. Because of the great communication and understandings prior to the wedding, I felt very confident and at ease knowing they would get the job done without us having to worry. We highly recommend them!!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Denise · Married on 02/10/2015

Lisa and Mitchell Sims are the absolute best. Incredible food, incredible service, incredible people!!! They've catered two of our events; a full meal for over 140 people, as well as a dessert meeting for 40. Both events were spectacular and our guests are still talking about the food. By far, the best we've ever had!!! We look forward to using Sweet Southern Scratch for more of our future events. Everything the Sim's do, they do in excellence.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Jewel · Married on 06/22/2013

These owners catered all four of our daughters' weddings and went WAY ABOVE our expectations. The wedding guests still talk to this day about the food at the receptions! Not only was it scrumptious, but the presentation was 5 stars (make that 10 stars!) Each wedding reception was completely different in that it was tailored to each daughter's requests. They went out of their way to make each wedding reception so very special. They were prompt, professional, and delightful to work with. It was obvious that they truly enjoy what they do. If you are looking for top quality in every way, you aren't going to beat Sweet Southern Scratch!!!

Sent on 07/22/2015

devan · Married on 06/21/2013

Sweet Southern Scratch made my wedding dreams come to reality! The owner is incredibly sweet and flexible to work with, has much experience in the catering business, and tailored her decor, recipes, and delivery to fit my schedule and wedding theme. She even made a giant palm tree out of pineapples to compliment my beach theme! The food was outstanding (my wedding guests still talk about it though it was over 2 years ago!), the staff was invested and personable, and I was one happy bride. I would recommend Sweet Southern Scratch to EVERYBODY.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Alex · Married on 06/08/2013

We knew great food was very important for our wedding and Sweet Southern Scratch definitely delivered! They even incorporated family recipes that were meaningful to us. The food was delicious and tasted like they made the meal just for us even though they served over 200 people. Presentation was perfect as well- above and beyond what I was expecting!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Amber · Married on 07/16/2011

When people talk about my wedding, much of the memories center around our FOOD! We had an eclectic variation of all of our favorite foods, so Lisa from Sweet Southern Scratch made samples for us prior to our wedding day to make sure everything was exactly as we had pictured it. We were blown away by not only the taste of every dish that was prepared, but the presentation was stunning! If you choose this catering company your expectations will be MORE than met.

Sent on 07/19/2015

Tiece · Married on 08/05/2006

My husband and I used Sweet Southern Scratch for our wedding and we were blown away by everything about this catering service!! They took special requests, offered helpful suggestions when we were looking for ideas for wedding food, and they made all of our dreams come true for the perfect wedding! My husband and I grew up overseas, so our food was from all over the world--South America, Africa, Southern dishes...you name it, they made it! Many of our guests commented that the food was delicious, the presentation was stunning, and the service was kind and professional. We were a wedding a budget, but it all appeared pricy (little did our guests know the value of the service we all received!). It's too bad there is a not a 6 out of 5-star rating for this catering service, because they go above and beyond in delivering everything you could possibly wish for a special event.

Sent on 07/19/2015

Mindee · Married on 07/15/2006

Sweet Southern Scratch is the best catering service you could hope to find. The food is delicious, and customized to your wants and desires, as well as displayed both beautifully and artistically. Everything I wanted was fulfilled, and then some!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Teresa Denney ·

“Excellent catering company and highly recommended”

We were impressed with Sweet Southern Scratch’s personal touch, passion and knowledge from the outset. They were generous with their time and information all the way throughout. They also worked closely with us to stay within our budget. The efficiency and professionalism on the event day was outstanding. The food was of an excellent quality and plentiful. We were able to enjoy the conference without worrying about the food or service. Sweet Southern Scratch isn’t just a business but also a lovely, caring, and kind family too. We have used them for our annual ladies’ event the past two years and have already secured them for our 2020 event.

Sent on 03/18/2019

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2016

Sweet Southern Scratch was absolutely delicious! The Sims were very accommodating especially when my fiancée and I had to change our venue just a few months before the wedding. We had Chicken Marsala, mashed potato casserole, spring salad, and a fruit bar! Everything looked fresh and everyone raved about the food. They were very personal and asked questions about every detail of the wedding to make sure they matched the theme of decorations. If you're looking for something to greatly add to your experience, go no further! You've found the gold! :)

Sent on 09/04/2016