Sweet Southern Scratch Reviews

48 | Foley, AL

48 Reviews for Sweet Southern Scratch

• Bryant

Bryant Abbott · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing Food and Service!

The food was exceptional and delicious! We would highly recommend Sweet Southern Scratch as they helped mine and my wife's wedding to be something special. Food is a critical part of celebration and bringing people together and Sweet Southern Scratch hit a home run for us! Thank y'all so much!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Janet

Janet Reyes · Married on 03/02/2019

Sweet southern scratch was amazing!

Sweet Southern Scratch catered our intimate wedding reception and everything was amazing! The food was absolutely delicious. All of our guests raved about the the meal and said it was the best food they'vehad st a wedding. We had the pulled pork, kabobs, roasted veggies, mac and cheese, potato bar, strawberry salad and lemon bars! The venue was cute and perfect for what we needed. Mitchell & Lisa were the best to work with, so sweet and accommodating! We couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 03/11/2019
  • Lesli

Lesli Davis Fason · Married on 02/27/2019

Top-notch!

Sweet Southern Scratch catered a birthday lunch for the teachers at my school, and what a treat it was! They always go over and beyond to make sure everything looks beautiful, tastes delicious, and feels extra special. Every time I try a new menu item, it becomes my new favorite! We are so thankful for this business and all they do for our community! I have been to many events catered by Sweet Southern Scratch, and they are consistently top-notch!

Sent on 03/12/2019

Kim Gaddy · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely wonderful.

The food was absolutely delicious. Presentation perfectly beautiful and elegant. Lisa and Mitchell are so nice to deal with and put love and professionalism into every aspect of their work. From my first contact with them, I knew they were the best choice for what we wanted to accomplish. Sweet Southern Scratch contributed 100% in making my daughter and son-in-laws wedding reception perfect. We will definitely use them again.

Sent on 11/29/2018

kelsey · Married on 09/22/2018

Can’t rave enough about Mitchell, Lisa, and the whole team! We booked them for our destination wedding so we couldn’t try the food ahead of time. No worries - the food was phenomenal!! Being from Memphis TN, a lot of our guests are very particular about bbq but everyone raved about bbq from Sweet Southern Scratch. The banana pudding was top notch and everything was beautiful!! Please don’t hesitate to book with them!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Lisa · Married on 09/08/2018

I live four and a half hours away from Gulf Shores and relied heavily on Wedding Wire reviews to hire Sweet Southern Scratch since I was not familiar with any vendors in the area. They did an amazing job catering our wedding reception! They were very nice and professional and the food was absolutely delicious! All of our guests raved about the food, from the crab stuffed mushrooms and delicious chicken salad croissant appetizers to the main dish and sides. I would definitely use them again and recommend to others in the Gulf Shores area. Thank you so much for the impeccable food and service!!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Karen · Married on 06/14/2018

The food was fabulous as always!! The presentation was beautiful and Lisa and her team were professional and accommodating. The guests loved the shrimp and grits!!!!!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Pam · Married on 05/19/2018

Sweet Southern Scratch is a wonderful catering company in the Foley/Gulf Shores area. If you are planning an event in the area call Lisa. Everyone raved about the food. Absolutely delicious!!!!!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Jourdan · Married on 04/14/2018

I had my wedding April and Lisa and Mitchell did everything do make sure my reception was perfect. The room was beautifully decorated and the food was AMAZING!! Everyone enjoyed themselves!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Linda · Married on 03/16/2018

Sweet Southern Scratch did a fabulous job! Their ability to accessorize the food and the quality of the food was wonderful. It was a pleasure to work with their team and they made the night fabulous for us and our guests.

Sent on 04/03/2018

Scherry · Married on 02/24/2018

Sweet Southern Scratch catered our military ball and the food and service were nothing short of OUTSTANDING! Our guests and cadets are still talking about the "good food." The caterers took care of everything with style and finesse, right down to matching the buffet table colors with our color scheme! Top notch!

Sent on 02/27/2018

Ame · event on 12/19/2017

The professional catering services of Sweet Southern Scratch created the most phenomenal Christmas office party in our home. They helped to create a fabulous menu for a large number guests, presented a lovely & festive serving presentation, & prepared a scrumptious coastal fare! Our favorite was the Shrimp & Grits??????

Many special thanks to the ‘Sims Team’ for providing extremely efficient & polite services, leaving my home in pristine condition at their departure, & making me a happy & stress free hostess??????????

Sent on 12/21/2017

Leslie · Married on 11/11/2017

I have known Lisa and Mitchell for many years and I know them to be wonderful people with the utmost of integrity and talent. I have been to several functions in recent months where Sweet Southern Scratch was the caterer and was always amazed at how delicious the food was and the display incredible but it was my own daughter's wedding this past weekend that surpassed everything I had hoped for her special day. Sweet Southern Scratch from the very beginning was effortless, from the planning of the menu to the very day of the wedding. I never worried about anything because I knew it would be magnificent!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Leslie · Married on 09/16/2017

Lisa, Mitchell and their team ABSOLUTELY made our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception what they were. Everyone raved about the food both nights (and all are still raving!), and on top of their culinary expertise, they simply couldn't be nicer people. The caramel cake. The coconut cake. The breads were impeccable. Would call out every single thing but just take my word, it is all so, soo tasty. Unbelievable. We sampled their BBQ sauce earlier this summer, sharing how incredible it was (cannot recommend it + the chicken thighs enough. so incredible, far from ordinary chicken with tons of moisture and flavor) and they gifted us a jar of BBQ for our wedding! Our rehearsal dinner was a low-country boil with shrimp, potatoes, corn and sausage, also completely outstanding. Presentation of everything both nights was top-notch—Lisa genuinely cares about presenting her food well and it shows, and shows beautifully. Cannot recommend this family enough, and would hire them again in a heartbeat. The days wouldn't have been the same without them!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Dale · Married on 07/22/2017

I absolutely cannot say enough good about Sweet Southern Scratch. We were in awe of the presentation of the food - gorgeous display! And everything was delicious. The Sims family are amazing people - dependable, flexible, creative, efficient, and fantastic cooks! They are so easy to work with, and took care of everything! I would highly recommend them for any catering experience, and have received numerous compliments from those invited to our event. All I can say is 'Thank you Lisa, Mitchell, and Michelle"!! You are wonderful!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Margi · Married on 05/20/2017

Sweet Southern Scratch was a hugh hit at our daughters wedding reception. Working with Lisa was a pleasure. The menu has so much to pick from and will fit in any budget. Every guest loved the food. After my first meeting with Lisa I never had another worry. Everything was excellent. Food taste to presentation.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Shelvia · Married on 04/29/2017

Sweet Southern Scratch did it again!! We recently hosted a baby shower for our first grandchild, and Sweet Southern Scratch catered the event. The staff arrived as scheduled to set up the food tables and beverage station. They coordinated the staging colors on the food tables to match the shower’s color scheme, and even tweaked the recipe for the deviled eggs to coincide with the shower’s theme. The food was delicious!! To complement our dessert selections, we ordered lemon dream bars and whoopie pies too. Both of these sweets were scrumptious!! This was our second time engaging Sweet Southern Scratch for a family event, and they did not disappoint!! Mitchell and Lisa, thank you for your professionalism, excellent food, and flexibility from start to finish.

Sent on 05/07/2017

Sue · Married on 03/04/2017

We recently used Sweet Southern Scratch to cater a bridal shower given by the great-aunts of the bride at Swift Coles Historic Home. We were delighted with their professional service with a personal touch from start to finish. Even though the caterers were familiar with our selected venue, having previously catered events there, they met with us a few weeks before the shower to determine exactly what we envisioned for the brunch meal. Lisa and Mitchell worked with us online and via telephone to select the foods from their vast menu. Lisa made suggestions and was helpful in allowing us to make personal preference choices according to the bride's favorite foods. Since our venue was in an old historic home, Lisa suggested using antique china dishes and silver for service. That was a beautiful compliment to the delicious foods they prepared. We were able to engage their adult daughter to play several selections on her violin in the back ground while the invited guests mingled. This provided a beautiful accent to the atmosphere of the historic home.
    The foods prepared by Sweet Southern Scratch were so well received that at the wedding rehearsal the next evening, several out of town guests were talking among themselves to try to determine the ingredients of several of the foods prepared by Lisa, hoping to re-create them for their own use when they returned to their homes.
    The gracious service provided by the caterers was outstanding and the left-overs they packaged for us were enjoyed by the hostesses . We were very grateful that Sweet Southern Scratch would consider catering our bridal shower since it was much smaller than some of the larger events they cater. We definitely give them 5 stars and would highly recommend them for any event. What a blessing they were to our family.

Sent on 03/15/2017

Shelly · Married on 02/04/2017

We cannot say enough good things about Sweet Southern Scratch!! Lisa and Mitchell - you were a dream to work with. You absolutely brought my vision to life! The serving tables were stunning and totally complimented the theme. Now, about the FOOD....ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! Our family and friends have not stopped talking about how delicious everything was. We more than got our money's worth too! We fed the whole crew again the next day with the leftovers. They made for an awesome Super Bowl buffet. The way you meticulously packaged everything and labeled it was the best! We give you the highest recommendations, and I will definitely arrange another catered dinner with you for our next family vacation. You made our wedding day so memorable. Your sweet girls who served during the dinner were so accommodating and helpful too. Thank you again for everything!!!! You have a top- notch operation. Wishing you much success!

Sent on 03/13/2017

Rachael · Married on 12/17/2016

I cannot say enough good things about this company and their team! They were so accommodating to our needs, and really took the time to help us figure out what was going to best compliment our wedding. My mother took a little convincing with hiring a caterer, but it was a HUGE stress reliever for both her and myself. The food was excellent and we received many compliments, even after we returned from our honeymoon. They have tons of options and packages to choose from and I would recommend them 1000 times over!! Thank you Sweet Southern Scratch for such a wonderful experience!!

Sent on 02/20/2017

Cody · Married on 11/12/2016

Sweet Southern Scratch was amazing from start to finish. They worked within my budget and the food was delicious! Guests complimented the sweet potatoes and the service of the staff. I would definitely recommend them for any event!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Micki · Married on 10/08/2016

If you want your guest to talk about your wedding for years to come, let Sweet Southern Scratch cater your wedding! Having used this vendor for both of my daughter's weddings in June of 2013 and Jan. 2016, there was no question as to who would cater my wedding on October 8, 2016! My wedding was at 11 am followed by a fabulous brunch with shrimp and grits, homemade cinnamon rolls, sausage and egg mini quiches, sweet potato biscuits with ham and homemade strawberry jam , deviled eggs, cucumber sandwiches and don't let me forget her famous sweet ice tea! Lisa Sims has a gift of creating the perfect ambience and made my wedding brunch very simple and elegant. People are still talking about the wonderful food!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Anna · Married on 08/13/2016

The quality of food was to die for! The first thing people tell me when they compliment my wedding is "that was the best wedding food we've ever had!". I highly recommend them. They won't disappoint!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Marissa · Married on 07/09/2016

Sweet Southern Scratch catered our 10 year high school reunion and everything was wonderful! Lisa and Mitchell are great to work with and definitely helped me with any questions or concerns I had. I received many compliments throughout the evening about how delicious the food was and also the presentation of the food and drinks. I highly recommend Sweet Southern Scratch for any event! You will definitely get your money's worth!

Sent on 07/20/2016