Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes Reviews

66 | Candler, NC

66 Reviews for Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes

Breea · Married on 10/12/2019

Delicious Cake and Smooth Process

Waynette is wonderful to work with. We did a four-tier sour cream white cake with raspberry filling and buttercream icing, and it was as delicious as it was pretty. We wanted something classic and fairly clean-looking/ simple, and Waynette delivered on that perfectly. Plus, she is an exceedingly pleasant person to work with and is super flexible and accommodating. She even placed the sugar flowers for us when she delivered the cake to the venue, and she let us borrow her silver cake stand without charging us or anything! We just had to drop it off at her house the day after the wedding. Her communication was also excellent. For example, she went on vacation about a month/ month and a half before the wedding, and she reached out to me beforehand to let me know exactly which days she'd be out of pocket so I wouldn't worry if I didn't hear back from her for a few days. Overall she is just really thoughtful about making the whole process smooth for her clients, which I appreciated so much (especially with 10,000 other things happening!). The cake was lovely, super tasty, and I felt that the pricing was extremely reasonable for what we got. I'd definitely recommend Sweet Promises, as we had a great experience.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Oh Breea! You have absolutely made my day. You and your mom were an absolute pleasure to work with! Thank you for the wonderful review! I wish you all the best!
  • Kaitey

Kaitey Lee Hanlon · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful AND Delicious

I love Sweet Promises. Waynette did an amazing job with our cake and cupcakes! She made the process easy and paid attention to every detail, Not only were they BEAUTIFUL they were delicious! We will be using her for all of our future cake needs and recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Kaitey for the fantastic reviews and pictures! You were an absolute pleasure to work with. I loved the way you chose to display the cupcakes. The table was beautiful! I wish you all the best!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Merrell · Married on 05/23/2019

A masterpiece

Waynette is one of the sweetest people I had the opportunity to work with in helping with my wedding. She was very patient and extremely helpful! She took my ideas and created a masterpiece! Our cake was beautiful and delicious. Waynette also made us key lime cupcakes with frosting on top in the shape of flowers. Amazing in every way

Sent on 06/18/2019

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie! It was a pleasure working with you and your sweet mom! You were an absolutely stunning bride!
  • Jennie

Jennie · Married on 05/04/2019

Best cake ever!

Waynette was very easy to work with! We were planning a wedding from Florida and she made it very easy when ordering a cake and planning to taste test! My husband and I raved about our cake! (Seriously, we've been dying to eat the top portion that we saved! haha) It was the best cake we'd ever had! It was a simple design and so beautiful!!

Sent on 01/06/2020

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Jennie thank you so much for the wonderful review! You were such a please to work with! I wish you all the best!

Paige · Married on 04/13/2019

Waynette was so great to work with!! Everyone LOVED our wedding cake!! The venue staff was so shocked to see a wedding cake go so quickly! Thank you for the gorgeous cake!!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Thank you So much Paige! I loved working with you!

Stephanie · Married on 03/23/2019

Tastiest Wedding Cake!

We had done some tastings in the Asheville area before we found Waynette of Sweet Promises. At the last minute, she squeezed us in and did a tasting with us in her home. Her cake was absolutely the best tasting cake we tried during our trip! She had so many flavors to choose from that we could hardly decide - we ended up with Butter Pound and Almond. Her cakes are beautiful but also tasty. At our reception the cake disappeared in minutes. Guests said it was the best wedding cake they've ever had!

Sent on 03/28/2019

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie! It was a pleasure working with you. I was so honored to be a part of your beautiful wedding!
  • Mariella

Mariella Saunders · Married on 12/20/2018

Amazing cakes- a year later!

Waynette was incredible! She was very nice, helpful, and really understood the style and look we were going for.
    I'm writing this review a WHOLE YEAR LATER because we did the tradition of saving the top of the cake to eat for our 1-year anniversary... AND IT WAS STILL JUST AS FRESH AFTER BEING FROZEN!!
    We opted for the almond and the chocolate, and they were delectable.
    I also highly recommend the pink champagne- IT IS WORTH THE UPCHARGE!

Sent on 01/16/2020

Tieghan Blankenship · Married on 09/07/2018

Best Cake Baker

From the fine details to the flexibility of delivery this amazing cake baker made my wedding day extra stress free ! I wouldn’t recommend anyone else. The cake was a lemon and butter pound cake and was sooo delicious!!

Sent on 02/25/2019

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Tieghan! I appreciate your wonderful review! I was honored to be a part of your special day!

Katelyn · Married on 08/11/2018

We chose the sour cream white cake with raspberry filling and the key-lime cake with buttercream fillings for our wedding day tiers after a wonderful cake tasting with Waynette. They were both absolutely delicious, and I will never forget the look on our flower girl's cake when she saw the cake we cut was lime green on the inside. It helped us make our day a little more unique.

Sent on 08/25/2018

Emily · Married on 05/26/2018

Sweet Promises, aka Waynette, are truly AMAZING! Honestly, my husband and I are so happy with our choice - from start to finish. Every single flavor she offers is delicious! We had a four tier cake, 2 of the butter pound and 2 of the pink champagne and people were drooling over it. She is beyond talented and her prices are so reasonable!! The baker herself is completely dedicated to the wedding cake - case and point: Waynette had a last minute emergency the day before our cake tasting (keep in mind, we came in from out of town) and she still had all the tastings and everything set up for us regardless of everything else she was dealing with. She is so nice I felt like we were family - related to some wonderful baker! Definitely use her! We had no leftover when they estimated a whole round cake to be remaining! Luckily our sweet Waynette had our anniversary cake set aside already - she thinks of EVERYTHING!

Sent on 06/09/2018

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Girl! You have made my day! What a wonderful review. Thank you so much! You are such a sweetheart and I am so blessed that God brought you to me so that I could be a part of your beautiful wedding. You were an absolutely stunning bride . (I caught a glimpse of you when we were setting up the cake.)
    I hope you had a fantastic time on your honeymoon! Thanks again!

Rachel · Married on 10/07/2017

We used Sweet Promises for our October wedding and couldn’t be happier! Waynette was so sweet and knocked our wedding cake out of the park! I have never seen a more beautiful cake that tasted so good. We would certainly recommend Sweet Promises to all our friends and family. Thank you for being a part of our big day!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Thank you So much Rachel! I loved working with you.

Kristen · Married on 09/16/2017

Waynette did a fantastic job on our wedding cake. She is so sweet and was very good with communication. The cake she made us was exactly what we asked for and it tasted great too! I highly recommend using her for any special occasion cakes.

Sent on 11/28/2017

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Thank you So much Kristen! I loved working with you! I wish you all the best!

Nancy · Married on 08/19/2017

Waynette is absolutely the BEST! Her cakes are amazing! She created the most beautiful cake for our daughter's outdoor wedding this past August! I can't tell you how many people raved about how great it looked and tasted!!! You can't go wrong with Sweet Promises!!! Great to work with as well!!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Thank you So much Nancy! You are so sweet to write such a nice review. I loved working with you!

Jaime · Married on 12/17/2016

Waynette is such a doll! We planned our wedding out of state and she worked with our schedule and let us into her home, out of which she runs her business, on a Sunday (this is the south yall) for a tasting. We got the almond cake and it was mind-blowing. I cannot wait to have more on our anniversary! She delivered and worked with the florist and was incredibly flexible. The cake was beautiful!

Sent on 02/27/2017

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Jaime, thank you so much for the wonderful review! I loved the cake design that you chose so much that I had an 11 x 14 picture of it made for my tasting area. It was one of my all time favorite buttercream designs.
    I wish you all the best!

Shea · Married on 09/24/2016

Waynette did a fabulous job! The cake got so many compliments on tastiness and beauty. She was really great in consultations about leading us to a really ideal cake design and all I had to do was leave the cake decorations/toppers on the table at the venue for her and she arranged them beautifully. Will absolutely order again from her for any events in the area in the future! Can't wait to have my top tier in a year!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Shea! I was absolutely in love with your cake decorations, especially the bride and groom! You are so talented ! Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your special day! I wish you all the best!

Amy · Married on 09/17/2016

We had a small elopement style wedding, and our florist recommended Waynette and her cake making skills to us. I am so glad she did. The cake was not only exactly what we wanted and looked like the picture I sent her, but it tasted out of the world amazing! Since it was a destination wedding we did not have an opportunity to sample the amazing sounding flavors, but went with the white sour cream. Our best man admitted he ate five pieces. We saved the top layer for our first anniversary, and I can not wait! If you're looking for a wedding cake, look no further than this. Thank's Waynette! :)

Sent on 10/29/2016

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much Amy! You were such a pleasure to work with. I wish you all the best!

Samantha · Married on 08/20/2016

Sweet Promises wedding cakes are absolutely the best!! We got married August 20, 2016 and Waynette made our wedding cake and a grooms cake. They were absolutely delicious and many people have said it was "the best wedding cake I ever had!" Not only were the cakes delicious, they were beautiful and flawless!! So much better than I could have ever dreamed!!

A few months earlier we went to a tasting. Waynette runs the business out of her home and the tasting was in her dining room. We felt so welcome from the second we walked in. My husband even talked football with waynettes husband during the tasting! She had so many delicious flavors to choose from! Being a summer wedding, we chose 2 flavors for the wedding cake, sour cream white and pink champagne with her amazing buttercream. For the grooms cake we had buttermilk chocolate. It was such a hard decision on cake flavors because they are all so good!! I think any choice we made would have been amazing!

The planning process was a breeze. Waynette let us take our time and look through pictures of all kinds of cakes so we could design the perfect cake! Never once did she rush us! She even met us on a weekend for the tasting and planning as we are out of town. She was very quick to respond to emails and checked in with me periodically before the wedding.

Waynette and her husband delivered the cake on the wedding day and she got the flowers from the florist and made her masterpiece. It belongs in a magazine in my opinion.

I would, without a doubt, recommend Sweet Promises to any bride!! You will have the prettiest and best tasting cake! Plus, you will get to deal with Waynette, who is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet!!! Thank you so much for helping to make our dream wedding come true and being a part of the best day of our lives so far!!

David and Samantha Koenig

Sent on 09/05/2016

Samantha and David:
    Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I loved working with you and your sweet mom. You have a beautiful family. I wish you all the best!

Carrie · Married on 08/11/2016

Waynette is awesome! I contacted her 2 weeks before I needed a wedding cake for my daughters wedding! Although she was all booked up, she squeezed us in :) Not only was she accommodating, she created the perfect cake for my daughters special day ? It was simply the sweetest cake ever! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Thank you Carrie! This means so much to me.

Shawn · Married on 07/16/2016

Because we live in Seoul, South Korea full time, we planned our entire Asheville, NC wedding from there. As a result, clear and efficient communication was of the utmost importance to us in our vendors. Without a doubt, Waynette has to be the most responsive person we've ever had the pleasure to work with! We value responsiveness highly and were always amazed at how quickly she responded to our emails and how thoroughly she answered all of our questions. We ordered a small 7" top cake with 12 dozen cupcakes (vanilla with vanilla buttercream frosting) and they were gorgeous and perfectly displayed on a cupcake tier which she generously lent us and picked up on her own after our ceremony! Talk about customer service! We were wondering what they would taste like as we hadn't had a chance to taste test, but they tasted great! Her cupcakes were a big hit at our wedding and we took the leftovers to our Day After Brunch the next day where people eagerly ate more! She even surprised us by baking us a small anniversary cake (extra) for us to freeze and eat on our first year anniversary. You won't regret working with Waynette and a big thank you so much to her for helping to make our big day so special. :)

Sent on 08/25/2016

Amazing! Waynette was so incredibly helpful, professional and considerate. Our cake was DELICIOUS and BEAUTIFUL. I would highly recommend her! I also thought the price was very reasonable.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Thank you so much!

Hannah · Married on 06/04/2016

Waynette was fabulous to work with! She gave us exactly what we dreamed of and more! Tasty and beautiful!

Sent on 06/11/2016

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Hannah! It was a blessing to be able to make a wedding cake for such a sweet couple! May God bless you with a lifetime of happiness!

So happy we had Sweet Promises for our wedding day. Waynette did a groom's cake for us, a birthday cake and our 4 tier wedding cake. She is so sweet and amazingly talented. The tasting was so hard because everything was good! I have a gluten allergy and STILL ate her cake because it is that amazing. We did strawberry, chocolate kahula, and sweet creme as our flavors. You can't go wrong!

Sent on 06/17/2016

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Heather! You were an absolute delight to work with . I am glad I got to see you in your beautiful wedding dress! You were a gorgeous bride! I wish you all the best!

Deanna · Married on 11/06/2015

Sweet Promises was amazinl! Waynette allowed us to come into her home for a tasting. She had a wide variety of flavors, icings, and fillings. She had a large photo book of her work for us to look through and allowed us to completely create our own wedding cake design. She even sketched it for us and provided us a paper copy of what it would look like as well as a cost analysis so we knew exactly what to expect. Waynette followed up several times via email and phone prior to the big day as well. Our cake showed up at our venue as scheduled and she even did some of the intricate decorating on site to make sure that it didn't get damaged during travel. She was also very accommodating in terms of putting fresh flowers on from the florist the day of the wedding. The cake looked spectacular, but it also tasted amazing! I would recommend having her do butter-cream icing she can do wonderful designs with it and then you have the beauty as well as good taste.

Sent on 12/14/2015

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Deanna! I loved working with you and your mom! I hope you are enjoying wedded bliss!

Leslie · Married on 10/11/2015

Waynette is a talented and wonderful baker! Make sure that you get a tasting because all of the different flavors are fantastic! Waynette took her time to make sure we ordered the cake that we wanted. I personally went with the sour cream chocolate and vanilla cake flavors with buttercream icing. It was so delicious!! The work on her website speaks for itself. She is definitely a great wedding professional!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes's reply:

Leslie, thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was such a pleasure working with you and your absolutely precious mom!

Kacy · Married on 10/10/2015

Working with Waynette was such a pleasure! She was very attentive and quick to respond to all my emails during the planning process. She was so helpful and professional! We ordered a sports themed rehearsal dinner cake and a "naked" wedding cake. We were so blown away by both cakes. Not only were they delicious but they looked so perfect! My unique request for a naked cake was exactly what I envisioned and more! I highly reccomend this shop if you are getting married in the Asheville area. You cannot beat the price or quality!

Sent on 10/16/2015