58 Reviews for Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes

Delivery (9)
Setup (9)
Consultations (8)
58 Sweet Promises Wedding Cakes Reviews

Sweet Promises, aka Waynette, are truly AMAZING! Honestly, my husband and I are so happy with our choice - from start to finish. Every single flavor she offers is delicious! We had a four tier cake, 2 of the butter pound and 2 of the pink champagne and people were drooling over it. She is beyond talented and her prices are so reasonable!! The baker herself is completely dedicated to the wedding cake - case and point: Waynette had a last minute emergency the day before our cake tasting (keep in mind, we came in from out of town) and she still had all the tastings and everything set up for us regardless of everything else she was dealing with. She is so nice I felt like we were family - related to some wonderful baker! Definitely use her! We had no leftover when they estimated a whole round cake to be remaining! Luckily our sweet Waynette had our anniversary cake set aside already - she thinks of EVERYTHING!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Waynette was so great to work with!! Everyone LOVED our wedding cake!! The venue staff was so shocked to see a wedding cake go so quickly! Thank you for the gorgeous cake!!

Profile Picture Paige, 5/5/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We used Sweet Promises for our October wedding and couldn’t be happier! Waynette was so sweet and knocked our wedding cake out of the park! I have never seen a more beautiful cake that tasted so good. We would certainly recommend Sweet Promises to all our friends and family. Thank you for being a part of our big day!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Waynette did a fantastic job on our wedding cake. She is so sweet and was very good with communication. The cake she made us was exactly what we asked for and it tasted great too! I highly recommend using her for any special occasion cakes.

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Waynette is absolutely the BEST! Her cakes are amazing! She created the most beautiful cake for our daughter's outdoor wedding this past August! I can't tell you how many people raved about how great it looked and tasted!!! You can't go wrong with Sweet Promises!!! Great to work with as well!!

Profile Picture Nancy, 8/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Waynette is such a doll! We planned our wedding out of state and she worked with our schedule and let us into her home, out of which she runs her business, on a Sunday (this is the south yall) for a tasting. We got the almond cake and it was mind-blowing. I cannot wait to have more on our anniversary! She delivered and worked with the florist and was incredibly flexible. The cake was beautiful!

Profile Picture Jaime, 12/17/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Waynette did a fabulous job! The cake got so many compliments on tastiness and beauty. She was really great in consultations about leading us to a really ideal cake design and all I had to do was leave the cake decorations/toppers on the table at the venue for her and she arranged them beautifully. Will absolutely order again from her for any events in the area in the future! Can't wait to have my top tier in a year!

Profile Picture Shea, 9/24/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had a small elopement style wedding, and our florist recommended Waynette and her cake making skills to us. I am so glad she did. The cake was not only exactly what we wanted and looked like the picture I sent her, but it tasted out of the world amazing! Since it was a destination wedding we did not have an opportunity to sample the amazing sounding flavors, but went with the white sour cream. Our best man admitted he ate five pieces. We saved the top layer for our first anniversary, and I can not wait! If you're looking for a wedding cake, look no further than this. Thank's Waynette! :)

Profile Picture Amy, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sweet Promises wedding cakes are absolutely the best!! We got married August 20, 2016 and Waynette made our wedding cake and a grooms cake. They were absolutely delicious and many people have said it was "the best wedding cake I ever had!" Not only were the cakes delicious, they were beautiful and flawless!! So much better than I could have ever dreamed!!

A few months earlier we went to a tasting. Waynette runs the business out of her home and the tasting was in her dining room. We felt so welcome from the second we walked in. My husband even talked football with waynettes husband during the tasting! She had so many delicious flavors to choose from! Being a summer wedding, we chose 2 flavors for the wedding cake, sour cream white and pink champagne with her amazing buttercream. For the grooms cake we had buttermilk chocolate. It was such a hard decision on cake flavors because they are all so good!! I think any choice we made would have been amazing!

The planning process was a breeze. Waynette let us take our time and look through pictures of all kinds of cakes so we could design the perfect cake! Never once did she rush us! She even met us on a weekend for the tasting and planning as we are out of town. She was very quick to respond to emails and checked in with me periodically before the wedding.

Waynette and her husband delivered the cake on the wedding day and she got the flowers from the florist and made her masterpiece. It belongs in a magazine in my opinion.

I would, without a doubt, recommend Sweet Promises to any bride!! You will have the prettiest and best tasting cake! Plus, you will get to deal with Waynette, who is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet!!! Thank you so much for helping to make our dream wedding come true and being a part of the best day of our lives so far!!

David and Samantha Koenig

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/20/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Waynette is awesome! I contacted her 2 weeks before I needed a wedding cake for my daughters wedding! Although she was all booked up, she squeezed us in :) Not only was she accommodating, she created the perfect cake for my daughters special day ? It was simply the sweetest cake ever! Thank you so much!!!

Profile Picture Carrie, 8/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Because we live in Seoul, South Korea full time, we planned our entire Asheville, NC wedding from there. As a result, clear and efficient communication was of the utmost importance to us in our vendors. Without a doubt, Waynette has to be the most responsive person we've ever had the pleasure to work with! We value responsiveness highly and were always amazed at how quickly she responded to our emails and how thoroughly she answered all of our questions. We ordered a small 7" top cake with 12 dozen cupcakes (vanilla with vanilla buttercream frosting) and they were gorgeous and perfectly displayed on a cupcake tier which she generously lent us and picked up on her own after our ceremony! Talk about customer service! We were wondering what they would taste like as we hadn't had a chance to taste test, but they tasted great! Her cupcakes were a big hit at our wedding and we took the leftovers to our Day After Brunch the next day where people eagerly ate more! She even surprised us by baking us a small anniversary cake (extra) for us to freeze and eat on our first year anniversary. You won't regret working with Waynette and a big thank you so much to her for helping to make our big day so special. :)

Profile Picture Shawn, 7/16/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Amazing! Waynette was so incredibly helpful, professional and considerate. Our cake was DELICIOUS and BEAUTIFUL. I would highly recommend her! I also thought the price was very reasonable.

Profile Picture User5410347, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Waynette was fabulous to work with! She gave us exactly what we dreamed of and more! Tasty and beautiful!

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/4/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

So happy we had Sweet Promises for our wedding day. Waynette did a groom's cake for us, a birthday cake and our 4 tier wedding cake. She is so sweet and amazingly talented. The tasting was so hard because everything was good! I have a gluten allergy and STILL ate her cake because it is that amazing. We did strawberry, chocolate kahula, and sweet creme as our flavors. You can't go wrong!

Profile Picture Heather , 5/21/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Sweet Promises was amazinl! Waynette allowed us to come into her home for a tasting. She had a wide variety of flavors, icings, and fillings. She had a large photo book of her work for us to look through and allowed us to completely create our own wedding cake design. She even sketched it for us and provided us a paper copy of what it would look like as well as a cost analysis so we knew exactly what to expect. Waynette followed up several times via email and phone prior to the big day as well. Our cake showed up at our venue as scheduled and she even did some of the intricate decorating on site to make sure that it didn't get damaged during travel. She was also very accommodating in terms of putting fresh flowers on from the florist the day of the wedding. The cake looked spectacular, but it also tasted amazing! I would recommend having her do butter-cream icing she can do wonderful designs with it and then you have the beauty as well as good taste.

Profile Picture Deanna, 11/6/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Waynette is a talented and wonderful baker! Make sure that you get a tasting because all of the different flavors are fantastic! Waynette took her time to make sure we ordered the cake that we wanted. I personally went with the sour cream chocolate and vanilla cake flavors with buttercream icing. It was so delicious!! The work on her website speaks for itself. She is definitely a great wedding professional!

Profile Picture Leslie, 10/11/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Working with Waynette was such a pleasure! She was very attentive and quick to respond to all my emails during the planning process. She was so helpful and professional! We ordered a sports themed rehearsal dinner cake and a "naked" wedding cake. We were so blown away by both cakes. Not only were they delicious but they looked so perfect! My unique request for a naked cake was exactly what I envisioned and more! I highly reccomend this shop if you are getting married in the Asheville area. You cannot beat the price or quality!

Profile Picture Kacy, 10/10/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sweet Promises has the most amazing cakes! When we went to taste the options it was very hard to decide which one we liked best! Waynette made sure to have the cake delivered on time without any issues and it was absolutely delicious, our guests were raving about how great it was!

Profile Picture April, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We got the best cupcakes!! Working with Waynette from Sweet Promises was a lovely experience. My fiance and I had a tasting with her and chose a few flavors. We told her our wedding colors and an idea of what we wanted and it was that simple! She delivered our cupcakes and set them up beautifully. They were delicious! It was really great working with her and we completely recommend!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/24/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Absolutely delicious cake! I'll be using Sweet Promises for future events. Beautifully designed and great-tasting wedding cake. Tons of flavored to choose from. Waynette gives the most adorable and enjoyable cake tasting right out of her home.

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/18/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sweet Promises is so wonderful! Waynette allowed us to come into her home for a tasting. She had a wide variety of flavors, icings, and fillings. She had a large photo book of her work for us to look through and allowed us to completely create our own wedding cake design. She even sketched it for us and provided us a paper copy of what it would look like as well as a cost analysis so we knew exactly what to expect. Waynette followed up several times via email and phone prior to the big day as well. Our cake showed up at our venue as scheduled and was even more beautiful and tasty than we could have ever dreamed.

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Sweet Promises made an awesome wedding cake for us! It was beautiful as well as delicious!

Profile Picture Debbie, 5/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious!

We would recommend this vendor to anyone looking for a wedding cake(s) in the Asheville area. Waynette is incredibly easy to work with and although I planned a destination wedding she was very responsive!

We received many compliments on how great our cake tasted and it was exactly what we pictured on our wedding day. The raspberry filling was amazing :)

Allie & Michael Graybeal
Charlotte, NC

Profile Picture Allie, 4/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Waynette did an amazing job on our wedding cake! It was not only beautiful but the tastiest cake we had ever had. Our guests kept commenting about how amazing the cake was. Also, Waynette was so accommodating when we needed to change the number of servings and immediately responded to my emails even when she was on vacation. She was a pleasure to work with. You can not get a better quality cake for a better price!!

Profile Picture Julie, 12/5/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cupcakes were delicious! Waynette was very open to what we wanted. And very generous - she made a plate at the tasting for the groom since he wasn't able to attend. It was hard to choose since they were all delicious. And beautiful. If I ever need a cake/cupcakes again, I will be looking her up! Yummy!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/24/14, 5 Reviews