Sweet Pea Cake Company Reviews

41 | Colorado Springs, CO

41 Reviews for Sweet Pea Cake Company

Janea · Married on 11/08/2014

Lorena is very personable and very helpful in the planning process! She also did the Groom's cake and it was amazing! The cakes not only looked great but tasted amazing too. The fondant is like non you have ever tasted. It tastes great and is not heavy like I thought fondant would be.

Danielle · Married on 07/20/2013

This is the best place to get your cake!!!! They taste wonderful and make you crave more and more of it. I would wake up in the middle of the night to snag a piece that we had left over. The sweet pea cake company is the best in town!!! I would highly recommend anyone looking for any cake to go to her!

sharon · Married on 07/13/2013

Sweet Pea Cake Company,owned and operated by Lorena is one you don't want to pass by. Everything was perfect from start to finish. Her customer service was exellent. The texture and taste of the cake was supurbe. The cake was delivered promptly on time was setup and was amazingly beautiful. We had numerous comments on the moistness, taste, and the beautiful cake.Why look further when you have the best? I will continue to order my furture cakes from the trusted Sweat Pea Cake Company. Thank you, Lorena for such a great experience.

Joanna · Married on 06/14/2013

Lorena provided my daughter a beautiful cup cake tower for her wedding. Many of the guests took pictures of it and said "not only was it beautiful, but the cup cakes were delicious!" Lorena works with you and is very flexible with setting up appointments. The cup cake tower was a hit at the reception! Thanks Lorena for working with us and providing a "outstanding" cup cake tower.

Stacy · Married on 10/28/2012

I have no complaints. Lorena was very accommodating for me as I was an out of town bride and had to rely on emails and phone calls for my cake and the groom's cake. I wanted a simple but elegant, beautiful cake without fondant and she delivered, even though it took her a little out of her comfort zone not using fondant ;-)
    My cake was beautiful, just what I asked for!!!

Jodi · Married on 09/15/2012

Lorenna at Sweet Pea Cake Co. did my daughters wedding at the Air Force Chapel Sep 15. The most beautiful cake I have ever seen. On top of that everyone was raving on the taste and flavor of the cake. Lorenna out did herself. If you want to be blown away check out her website and check out the wedding cake that was done in 3 tiers with edible pears. BEAUTIFUL!!!! If you need someone to make your day special call Sweet Pea Cake Co you won't be disappointed. Thank you Lorenna for making my daughters day magical!!!

Cindy · Married on 09/09/2012

Lorena is awesome! I brought a picture of the cake I wanted and not only was she able to create it, but made it our own. I'm very happy with the results and her prompt responsiveness. We received compliments from our family and the photographer on such a great design. I'm very happy with her services and can't wait for our anniversary cake. She's got lifetime customers in us. :)

Susan · Married on 06/29/2012

My daughter and I tried nearly every baker in Colorado Springs, and found that Sweet Pea Cake Company made the most delicious cakes by far! The owner, Lorena, was a delight to work with, and was willing to experiment with an unusal request: cookie dough filling. The results were fantastic! My daughter's wedding cake was exactly what she dreamed of, sooo beautiful, and incredibly delicious!!! We received many compliments on the cake! Lorena is a wonderfully talented baker AND cake artist. I highly, highly recommend Sweet Pea! Will definitely be ordering birthday cakes in the future!

Lorena was perfect and the cakes she made for my wedding were amazing! She helped me so much by knowing I could rely on her to take care of everything pertaining to the cakes. I went in looking for a cake designer and came out of the experience with a friend. She was such a help for anything I needed, be it advice, just an ear to listen to, anything.

Sweet Pea Cake Company made my wedding planning and wedding day such a memorable and stress- free experience! I walked in with a certain price range and she helped me stay UNDER that price range, and the greatest thing is that everyone at the wedding was able to have a slice of this beautiful wedding cake! I personally am not a huge fan of sweets but these flavors were unbelievable! I would recommend Sweet Pea to anyone and everyone! Thank you Sweet Pea for making this such a wonderful experience!

Amber · Married on 06/07/2012

My wedding cake was made by sweet pea and it was AMAZING! The cake was beautiful the flavor was incredible! i would recommend sweet pea to every bride in colorado!

Keara · Married on 06/02/2012

Sweet Pea Cake Co was absoutely a life saver for my wedding cake planning. I was deployed to Afghanistan for nine months prior to my wedding and had to do all my coorespondance over email. Lorena was absolutely wonderful in bringing my ideas for both our wedding cake and my husband's groom's cake to frution. Both cakes were beautiful and we received many comments about how great the cakes tasted as well as the design. I can't say enough thanks to Sweet Pea Cake Co for making our wedding cakes better than I could have asked for!

Ashley · Married on 05/12/2012

Sweet Pea Cake Company is a wonderful place to get your wedding cake. I was planning my wedding from Texas and didn't know the first thing about cake. So I started emailing around and asking about cake. Every place I emailed only wanted to talk about price. Not Lorena. The subject line on our very first email was, "Cake 101". Awesome. I was immediately drawn to her for taking the time to just email me about how the process goes. I hadn't even told her that I was interested in booking with her yet either. After that email, I was so excited. I knew that she would be the place I would book my cake. The whole process was so easy. I came in for the cake tasting and was blown away. She really can do whatever you need and make it work with your budget. She is so understanding and friendly. I would recommend her to anyone that has any dessert needs. She is one of the most sincere people i've met throughout my wedding process. She only knows how to do her best. I hope this review finds you well!!! :)

Kayla · Married on 04/20/2012

Lorena was absolutely wonderful! I did not know exactly what I wanted my wedding cake to look like so it was really nice that she had alot of samples to look at and also suggested great ideas. All of her cakes tasted wonderful but ultimately we decided on the almond poppy seed cake with a honey almond cream filling with vanilla icing and it was AMAZING! It was the best cake I ever had and I have had alot of cakes. She was right there whenever you had a question, concern, etc. She dedicates everything she has to making you feel special and having the cake (for whatever occasion) of your dreams. I was so pleased with her work I am having her do my son and husbands cake at the end of this month! I would definitely reccomend her to anyone! THANKS LORENA!!!

• Amy

Amy · Married on 04/08/2012

Sweet Pea Cake Company just did our wedding cake/cupcakes for us on 04/08/12. She did an amazing job & we were so pleased with how it turned out. I will for sure be recommending her to everyone that needs a cake or cupcakes for their event!

Hiedi · Married on 01/28/2012

MY CAKE WAS SURREAL!!!! When I had my tasting with Lorena I was not sure of the kind of cake that I wanted. She offered her professional opinion on schematics, but left the choice ultimately up to me. By the end of our meeting I was worried because the samples that she gave me were AMAZING and her service was AMAZING so I was sure that the price was going to be out of my budget (the magic wedding word)… Her prices were AMAZING! Once the day of my wedding I walked into my reception site and immediately my eyes were drawn to my cake. It was absolutely surreal. I could not have asked for more. It was as if a dream of my cake that I never knew existed was realized. My husband (I love saying that!) is not a into ... When I had my tasting with Lorena I was not sure of the kind of cake that I wanted. She offered her professional opinion on schematics, but left the choice ultimately up to me. By the end of our meeting I was worried because the samples that she gave me were AMAZING and her service was AMAZING so I was sure that the price was going to be out of my budget (the magic wedding word)… Her prices were AMAZING! Once the day of my wedding I walked into my reception site and immediately my eyes were drawn to my cake. It was absolutely surreal. I could not have asked for more. It was as if a dream of my cake that I never knew existed was realized. My husband (I love saying that!) is not a into-detail-kind-of-guy, and he even stopped and just stared at it. I can't rave on enough about how beautiful and great tasting my cake was. (I recommend the Bailey's!!!) Lorena- Thank you for a beautiful piece of art! I felt bad cutting into it because it was so remarkable! All of my recommendations go to you!

Janet · Married on 11/12/2011

AMAZING! Great cake! Great experience!
    Sweet Pea did a fabulous job on our wedding cake at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, CO. Not only was the cake delicious (3 tiers, different flavors), but guests could not decide which was the best!! Working with Lorena was a very gratifying experience in that she has a GREAT eye for simple elegance. The result was one of the high points of the whole event that we will remember for a very long time to come! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Janet & Mark M.

Joe · Married on 10/22/2011

Our wedding cake experience with Sweet Pea Cake Company was beyond spectacular. ... From our initial consultation to the cake delivery the day of our wedding we experienced nothing but first class professionalism. The taste of the cake was superb, as was noted not only by us, but also by every one of our many guests. As we started the process, we were unsure as to what cake style to choose. We were directed to Cake Centeral.com to view the many styles of cakes that were available. From the dozens of styles that caught our eye, we were able to narrow our choice to The One with the owner’s gentle assistance. The customer service we received from Sweet Pea Cake Company was more than we could have ever hoped to have received. If you are looking for dependability and a superb product you need not look any further.

Joy · Married on 09/03/2011

Sweet Pea Cake Company is fantastic!!!! I live in KC and my wedding was in Colorado (my home state) :) From the first time I called Sweet Pea, it was a great experience. Lorena is so very sweet and so pleasant to work with!! She is a people lover from the get go and we were immediately at ease and knew she would do a wonderful job and boy did she ever!! She seriously spent dedicated time to us, asking what we would like, and gave great ideas, she was thorough and detailed and really bottom line she wanted our cake to be the best we had ever had and it was!! We had a cake and cupcakes and they were absolutely delicious. I love Sweet Pea Cake Company and highly recommend them!

Jamie · Married on 05/08/2011

I loved our cake it was the best we have ever had i also have all are birthday cakes made by her as well and my husband hates cake and he said tht are wedding cake was the best cake he has ever had and eat all most the hole thing and hes in the army and they never say anything nice so coming from my hubby thts huge and see was very much on time with getting it done and was perfectly on time with bringing the cake to me ,my son broke part of the cake after she left and i called her and she even came back to fix wht my son broke so you can always count on a perfect cake coming from her . Her prices i think are very good as well i was very pleased with wht we were charged .

Natalie · Married on 05/29/2010

Our wedding cake was everything we wanted. It looked great and tasted unbelievable. We got a lot of praise from our guest about how good it was. We ordered the "Timeless" cake. It was classic and different at the same time. Sweet Pea was a pleasure to work with!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 01/10/2010

My cake made by Michelle was amazing! It was better then expected. The only thing was the filling was little lacking for the size of cake. Some people said they couldnt really taste the filling, which was a shame cause it was so good. Other than that it was beautiful and a great price!

Mary · Married on 08/22/2009

Excellent all the way around! I highly recommend.

Tamarisk · event on: 03/01/2011

I am a repeat customer for sweet pea cakes. We got our anniversary cake from her and it was amazing. Lorena took the time to understand our needs and styles and created a masterpiece that looked and tasted incredible. We used her again for my daughters first birthday and were again delighted. She gave a full tasting to our little one and we had a cake and smash cake that were perfect for her big day. We would recommend sweet pea cake co to anyone. You will feel like royalty during the experience and on your special day you will eat like it too!

Traci · event on: 03/13/2012

Sweet Pea Cake Company did a wonderful job on my daughters birthday cake, I was able to contact them easly to order the cake, they put everything on the cake to the theam of the birthday. Sweet Pea Cake Company, I would never go any where else to get my cakes.