Sweet Pea Cake Company Reviews

41 | Colorado Springs, CO

41 Reviews for Sweet Pea Cake Company

Janea · Married on 11/08/2014

Lorena is very personable and very helpful in the planning process! She also did the Groom's cake and it was amazing! The cakes not only looked great but tasted amazing too. The fondant is like non you have ever tasted. It tastes great and is not heavy like I thought fondant would be.

Sent on 12/11/2014

Danielle · Married on 07/20/2013

This is the best place to get your cake!!!! They taste wonderful and make you crave more and more of it. I would wake up in the middle of the night to snag a piece that we had left over. The sweet pea cake company is the best in town!!! I would highly recommend anyone looking for any cake to go to her!

Sent on 10/25/2013

sharon · Married on 07/13/2013

Sweet Pea Cake Company,owned and operated by Lorena is one you don't want to pass by. Everything was perfect from start to finish. Her customer service was exellent. The texture and taste of the cake was supurbe. The cake was delivered promptly on time was setup and was amazingly beautiful. We had numerous comments on the moistness, taste, and the beautiful cake.Why look further when you have the best? I will continue to order my furture cakes from the trusted Sweat Pea Cake Company. Thank you, Lorena for such a great experience.

Sent on 07/25/2013

Joanna · Married on 06/14/2013

Lorena provided my daughter a beautiful cup cake tower for her wedding. Many of the guests took pictures of it and said "not only was it beautiful, but the cup cakes were delicious!" Lorena works with you and is very flexible with setting up appointments. The cup cake tower was a hit at the reception! Thanks Lorena for working with us and providing a "outstanding" cup cake tower.

Sent on 07/21/2013

Stacy · Married on 10/28/2012

I have no complaints. Lorena was very accommodating for me as I was an out of town bride and had to rely on emails and phone calls for my cake and the groom's cake. I wanted a simple but elegant, beautiful cake without fondant and she delivered, even though it took her a little out of her comfort zone not using fondant ;-)
    My cake was beautiful, just what I asked for!!!

Sent on 11/10/2012

Marilyn · event on 09/22/2012

Knowing I was giving my husband a 60th birthday party and having a Hollywood theme, I didn't know where to start. I was doing all the food myself, but I'm not creative with cakes. I found Lorena on Craig's list, and am sure glad I did!! I took her a picture of what I wanted, but with her suggestions, it turned out 100% better than the picture! It's all made from scratch, and it could not have been more YUMMY! My guests were amazed. You cannot go wrong with Sweet Pea Cake Co.!

Sent on 09/24/2012

Jodi · Married on 09/15/2012

Lorenna at Sweet Pea Cake Co. did my daughters wedding at the Air Force Chapel Sep 15. The most beautiful cake I have ever seen. On top of that everyone was raving on the taste and flavor of the cake. Lorenna out did herself. If you want to be blown away check out her website and check out the wedding cake that was done in 3 tiers with edible pears. BEAUTIFUL!!!! If you need someone to make your day special call Sweet Pea Cake Co you won't be disappointed. Thank you Lorenna for making my daughters day magical!!!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Cindy · Married on 09/09/2012

Lorena is awesome! I brought a picture of the cake I wanted and not only was she able to create it, but made it our own. I'm very happy with the results and her prompt responsiveness. We received compliments from our family and the photographer on such a great design. I'm very happy with her services and can't wait for our anniversary cake. She's got lifetime customers in us. :)

Sent on 09/10/2012

Susan · Married on 06/29/2012

My daughter and I tried nearly every baker in Colorado Springs, and found that Sweet Pea Cake Company made the most delicious cakes by far! The owner, Lorena, was a delight to work with, and was willing to experiment with an unusal request: cookie dough filling. The results were fantastic! My daughter's wedding cake was exactly what she dreamed of, sooo beautiful, and incredibly delicious!!! We received many compliments on the cake! Lorena is a wonderfully talented baker AND cake artist. I highly, highly recommend Sweet Pea! Will definitely be ordering birthday cakes in the future!

Sent on 08/01/2012

Lorena was perfect and the cakes she made for my wedding were amazing! She helped me so much by knowing I could rely on her to take care of everything pertaining to the cakes. I went in looking for a cake designer and came out of the experience with a friend. She was such a help for anything I needed, be it advice, just an ear to listen to, anything.

Sent on 07/16/2012

Sweet Pea Cake Company made my wedding planning and wedding day such a memorable and stress- free experience! I walked in with a certain price range and she helped me stay UNDER that price range, and the greatest thing is that everyone at the wedding was able to have a slice of this beautiful wedding cake! I personally am not a huge fan of sweets but these flavors were unbelievable! I would recommend Sweet Pea to anyone and everyone! Thank you Sweet Pea for making this such a wonderful experience!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Amber · Married on 06/07/2012

My wedding cake was made by sweet pea and it was AMAZING! The cake was beautiful the flavor was incredible! i would recommend sweet pea to every bride in colorado!

Sent on 06/16/2012

Keara · Married on 06/02/2012

Sweet Pea Cake Co was absoutely a life saver for my wedding cake planning. I was deployed to Afghanistan for nine months prior to my wedding and had to do all my coorespondance over email. Lorena was absolutely wonderful in bringing my ideas for both our wedding cake and my husband's groom's cake to frution. Both cakes were beautiful and we received many comments about how great the cakes tasted as well as the design. I can't say enough thanks to Sweet Pea Cake Co for making our wedding cakes better than I could have asked for!

Sent on 06/12/2012

Ashley · Married on 05/12/2012

Sweet Pea Cake Company is a wonderful place to get your wedding cake. I was planning my wedding from Texas and didn't know the first thing about cake. So I started emailing around and asking about cake. Every place I emailed only wanted to talk about price. Not Lorena. The subject line on our very first email was, "Cake 101". Awesome. I was immediately drawn to her for taking the time to just email me about how the process goes. I hadn't even told her that I was interested in booking with her yet either. After that email, I was so excited. I knew that she would be the place I would book my cake. The whole process was so easy. I came in for the cake tasting and was blown away. She really can do whatever you need and make it work with your budget. She is so understanding and friendly. I would recommend her to anyone that has any dessert needs. She is one of the most sincere people i've met throughout my wedding process. She only knows how to do her best. I hope this review finds you well!!! :)

Sent on 05/22/2012
  • User2403789 · event on 04/25/2012

Sweet Pea Cake Company met and exceeded all my dreams. The cake was not only beautiful, it was delicious. All my guests were delighted. We will be going back to Sweet Pea for all our celebrations! Highly recommend to all! Lorena is professional and a superlative designer as well as baker. Her attention to detail is astounding.

Sent on 04/26/2012

Kayla · Married on 04/20/2012

Lorena was absolutely wonderful! I did not know exactly what I wanted my wedding cake to look like so it was really nice that she had alot of samples to look at and also suggested great ideas. All of her cakes tasted wonderful but ultimately we decided on the almond poppy seed cake with a honey almond cream filling with vanilla icing and it was AMAZING! It was the best cake I ever had and I have had alot of cakes. She was right there whenever you had a question, concern, etc. She dedicates everything she has to making you feel special and having the cake (for whatever occasion) of your dreams. I was so pleased with her work I am having her do my son and husbands cake at the end of this month! I would definitely reccomend her to anyone! THANKS LORENA!!!

Sent on 05/04/2012

Alayne · event on 04/16/2012

Sweet Pea Cake Company is the best choice for any special event. The cake she made for my husband's 50th birthday celebration was absolutely beautiful and people were really impressed by how delicious it was! Every effort was made to make my husband's cake as personal as possible. My husband is a professional fiddle player and she went above and beyond by making an absolutely gorgeous fiddle shaped cake! Not one detail was missed. In fact, my husband was so impressed by all the intricate details. Sweet Pea Cake Company provides a very personable experience while helping you to make your special event a day to remember!

Sent on 05/05/2012

Melissa · event on 04/14/2012

Truly a wonderful experience from beginning to end, Sweet Pea Cake Co. sets the standard for what a custom bakery should be. I used her for a close friend's baby shower and could't be more pleased with every aspect of my interactions with her. Not only does she create unique and delicious flavors, Lorena is professional yet very approachable at the same time. She gives appropriate guidance and advice, assisting in choosing the flavors that are perfect for your event. Unlike other bakeries in town, she was always on time, on point, and exceeded my expectations. Lorena is passionate about what she does and it is very evident in every aspect of her service. I plan on using her in the future and will highly recommend her to everyone I know. She is Colorado Springs' best kept secret!

Sent on 04/15/2012
  • User2403789 · event on 04/13/2012

After searching everywhere, I found Sweet Pea on the Internet. It has so many rave reviews that I ordered an anniversary cake sight unseen and untasted! LOL Lorena worked with me over the phone on via email. When I got to Colorado for the anniversary celebration, I swung by Sweet Pea and picked up the cake. It was majestic! And my guests couldn't believe the taste! They kept remarking on the flavor as much as they remarked on the beauty of the cake itself. Lorena accommodated my goofy schedule and my being out of state at the time of order. I have a birthday celebration coming up in a couple of weeks. I will be going right back to Lorena and Sweet Pea!

Sent on 04/26/2012

Linda · event on 04/10/2012

Sweet Pea Cake Co did it again. The birthday cake I had made for my husband's 80th birthday was a big success. He is an avid fisherman and she transfered pictures of his big catches onto the cake. He loved it. I have used Sweet Pea for many occasions including a family wedding, anniversary cake and other birthdays. They are always top class. I highly recommend her.work.

Sent on 04/16/2012
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 04/08/2012

Sweet Pea Cake Company just did our wedding cake/cupcakes for us on 04/08/12. She did an amazing job & we were so pleased with how it turned out. I will for sure be recommending her to everyone that needs a cake or cupcakes for their event!

Sent on 04/10/2012

Lisa · event on 03/31/2012

Sweet Pea Cake Co. was great to work with, very helpful, caring, and interested in creating a cake for my daughter's birthday party that we wanted. The cake we ordered was done on time, as we agreed, and tasted great! We are very pleased with our experience with Sweet Pea Cake Co.

Sent on 04/03/2012

Traci · event on 03/13/2012

Sweet Pea Cake Company did a wonderful job on my daughters birthday cake, I was able to contact them easly to order the cake, they put everything on the cake to the theam of the birthday. Sweet Pea Cake Company, I would never go any where else to get my cakes.

Sent on 03/15/2012
  • User2386591 · event on 03/10/2012

The anniversary cake made by Sweet Pea Cake Co. (Lorena) was very beautiful. The colors matched with our colors perfectly. The design was exactly what I chose. It tasted wonderful and we had lots of compliments from our guests. I have used this company for other occasions and I would highy recommend them.

Sent on 04/16/2012
  • User2360724 · event on 03/01/2012

Sweet Pea Cake Company provided the most beautiful and meaningful cake for my grandson's birthday. The level of professionalism was outstanding as well as the price. In fact, I think the prices should be higher. What a jewel Sweet Pea is. I'm so happy I found it.

Sent on 04/01/2012