Sweet Passions Bakery Reviews

8 | San Jose, CA

8 Reviews for Sweet Passions Bakery

Amanda · Married on 09/24/2016

Such a fun process! Everyone recommended us to this place! And I'm so happy that they did! We went in, tasted the cake and it was so good! We literally wanted all of them. I gave them a photo of the Pinterest inspired one that I found and they were right on the money! It was perfect!!!!!! DefInitely recommend, they were super affordable and professional!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Where to start with sweet passions bakery? Everyone loved our wedding cake! We wanted to make sure that our wedding cake was memorable and sweet passions bakery delivered! We had a white cake with guava, marble cake with kalua cream, and lemon poppyseed with lemon curd. It was a huge hit! I didn't even get to taste the marble cake because it was gone before I had a chance to sit down. All the flavones were good, but I heard from my guests that everyone was clamoring for the marble cake with kalua cream. Dilanthi, the owner, was amazing and extremely easy to work with. I think my entire family will be getting cake from sweet passions from now on.

Sent on 10/04/2014

Joy and Stephen · Married on 11/05/2011

At first I was a little hesitant in choosing this bakery based on some of the yelp reviews. But I decided to set up a cake tasting anyways. Lydia was very friendly when we first met and even allowed me to set up a 2nd tasting with the groom since he lived out of state. Both times the cakes were delicious.

Their cakes are huge. We needed a cake big enough to serve 120 people but she said with a sweet passions cake, we would only need a cake good for 60. Excellent value! It was like paying half price for our wedding cake. The only thing is they do not work with fondant or butter cream. Which was quite ok with us since we just wanted a simple design for our cake anyways. Whip cream frosting actually turned out better since it was not as sweet. The banana cake was to die for- very moist and flavorful! We received several compliments on how good the cake tasted.

We ended up having lots of leftover cake since it was big as they promised. Turned out well. I ended up eating cake for the next 3 days... That's how yummy it was! They also give you a complimentary anniversary cake so that you don't have to save and freeze the top tier of your wedding cake.

Sent on 11/13/2011

Kellie · Married on 12/06/2014

Sweet Passions Bakery makes a delicious cake at a lower cost than many other places. We used them for my first daughters wedding, and more recently, my second daughter's wedding. I love how tall the cakes are! They delivered the cakes on time, and had everything ready to go when we arrived at the venue. I would recommend this vendor based on value, and an excellent quality product and service.

Sent on 12/20/2014

R · Married on 08/22/2009

This cake was awesome. They made the exact design we were looking for, if not better and the cake itselft tasted great. We would definitely recommend this bakery to anyone! They are located in a hole in the wall, but don't let that stop you. Be sure to go in for a tasting and you'll be convinced.

Sent on 09/30/2009

Jessica · Married on 08/08/2009

Sweet passions cakes are so yummy! I also liked that decorations are included in the cost of the cake, and I thought they did a great job with the decorations for our wedding cake. Lydia, who handles all the wedding cakes, is such a sweetheart and great to work with.

Sent on 08/26/2009
  • Christie

Christie · Married on 11/12/2011

Their cakes are absolutely delicious! We ordered 2 different cupcakes for our wedding cake and everyone enjoyed them. The only reason why I didn't give full 5 stars is because there was a dozen cupcakes missing. This company delivers but I am from out of town and our wedding venue was about 60 miles away. Instead of delivery, I had my brother pick up the cupcakes. Lydia, who is awesome to work with by the way, had called me and said that one of the girls forgot to give my brother another box that had about a dozen cupcakes and asked if we could come back and pick it up. Unfortunately, my brother had already delivered the cupcakes to the venue and the ceremony was to start in an hour. Even though it was the mistake of the bakery, our wedding venue was too far for them to deliver the cupcakes without them charging us a delivery charge.

FORTUNATELY, there were enough cupcakes to accomodate all the guests. Because I live 8 hours away and we weren't driving back that way to go home, I didn't bother going back to the bakery to ask for a refund. I just wanted to put it behind me. Maybe if I still lived in the bay area I would've called Lydia about it.

Sent on 02/16/2012

Liz · Married on 05/16/2009

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

Sweet Passions is a great bakery randomly located in San Jose. Don't judge a book by its cover - when I saw the storefront, I was a bit doubtful but the cake tasting blew me away. They gave so many samples, they are so nice, and very affordable. Our wedding cake was beautiful, and tasted great, even more than a week later (frozen). The day after my wedding, I ate a whole carton full of leftover cake. We were very happy with our choice.

Sent on 06/04/2009