Sweet on Cake Reviews

23 | Napa, CA

23 Reviews for Sweet on Cake

Joanna · Married on 10/16/2015

we did not how to put into words the cake we wanted, though it was perfect, was not to much, though elegant and beautiful
    hands down the best flavors, texture and taste, my guests eat every last piece. :)

Sent on 02/08/2016

Gerianna · Married on 10/10/2015

I would recommend Sweet on Cakes to any bride looking for an amazing cake! I had so many rave reviews on the taste of the cake. Not to mention how BEAUTIFUL it was! I had a specific idea in mind and Sweet on Cake made it happen! Salted Caramel flavor was to die for!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Kate · Married on 10/03/2015

Cake was a very important part of our wedding, because both my now-husband and I have the biggest sweet tooth. We met with Amber in January to have a tasting and go over our design. The flavors we sampled were beyond delicious. We went with Strawberry Basil and Chocolate turtle truffle- both major hits!
    Amber made the most gorgeous and delicious cake for our wedding! She was so fun and easy to work with. She was able to capture the simplicity and elegance we wanted in a gold, gilded cake with sugar peonies! Highly recommend working with her if you have the chance!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Stephanie · Married on 06/20/2015

Best. Wedding. Cake. Ever. Honestly, I have never tasted better wedding cake in my life.

The entire experience working with Heather and Amber was great. I was having a destination wedding, and could not get to California to do a cake tasting, so Sweet on Cake overnighted me a tasting. It came perfectly packaged and it looked adorable. I think this is a great service - I loved being able to get to taste the cake instead of just picking flavors off the website or sending my planner. The actual cake, as I said above, was so good. Out of the 10 flavors, my husband and I seriously considered going with 6 or 7 because we could not choose. We ended up going with 3 and they were all delicious.
    They also got the design perfect. I wanted something really simple and fun, and the end product was just want we wanted. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Mandy · Married on 05/25/2015

We had a destination wedding in Napa Valley, 5/25/15. Sweet on cakes was amazing to work with, especially since it was long distance planning. They were friendly, and promptly responded to all our emails. They even overnighted slices of cake for us to try! I was not even sure I wanted a cake at the wedding, but I am so glad we had one. It was so beautiful, and so delicious!! Sweet on cakes is really as good as it gets with service, aesthetics and taste.

Sent on 06/04/2015

Lisa · Married on 05/09/2015

Beautiful, delicious cake, superb artistry, unique flavor combinations, outstanding service.
    Really - stop looking and book them.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Shannon · Married on 09/19/2014

Amber is an awesome wedding cake vendor! She listens to exactly what you want and designs it perfectly! Her cakes are handmade and are delicious! I bought a cake topper that would not fit my 4 tier cake and gave it to her one week before the wedding and she adjusted my cake to a 3 tier promising the design would be the same. And my wedding cake was perfect!! It was just what I had imagined! I highly recommend Sweet On Cake to any Bride!!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Stacey · Married on 08/31/2014

Amber's cakes are as delicious as they look and the best wedding cake I ever had. It was incredibly easy to work with her. I even asked for a complete design change about one month out. She handled and executed it beautifully.

Sent on 09/06/2014

Meaghan · Married on 08/09/2014

I should start with, I plan to order birthday and anniversary cakes from Sweet On Cakes forever - and I live across the country! From the tester cakes that arrived in the winter, to our STUNNING wedding cake, this was the best cake I have ever had, and it was gluten free! LOVE!!! ... as did all of our guests!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Jina · Married on 08/02/2014

Amber from Sweet on Cake made our cake for our wedding in August 2014 and did a phenomenal job!

We scheduled two cake tastings in one day since we were going to be visiting Napa for the entire day. Sweet on Cake was first and we could not stop eating the cake slices until they were all gone - all of the flavors were delicious but the strawberry basil was to die for! We went to another cake tasting afterwards and my husband (then fiance) asked me halfway (when the baker left to show us a cake model from another room) whether we could leave now since he was already sure that Amber would be making our wedding cake. He doesn't even like dessert, especially not cake... We stayed until the end of the cake tasting but I could tell that he was not going to change his mind.

We booked Sweet on Cake shortly thereafter - Amber and Heather were incredibly responsive throughout the entire process. We sent them inspiration photos and told them about other ideas that we wanted to incorporate into our cake. Amber sent us photos of different fondant textures that she had trialed for our cake within a few days! We also wanted to have a cake stand for our cake and they were able to accommodate our request - we just dropped off the cake stand a few weeks before the wedding and they made it happen!

On the day of the wedding, the cake arrived and looked incredible. Our guests kept asking us whether it was an actual, edible cake because it looked so amazing. The sugar flowers were so realistic! After the cake cutting, we ate the cake and it was delicious!!! In fact, I ate two slices the next morning as breakfast (I had saved them for us) because it was so good. We went with both tiers in strawberry basil because we loved the flavor so much and it was definitely a good call!

My husband and I are still raving about the cake and we have had several people ask where we had ordered it from. We are planning to order the strawberry basil as a homestyle cake for our wedding anniversary!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Line · Married on 08/02/2014

Dear Amber,

Thank you so very much for making our wedding cake look SO beautiful and tasted SO wonderful! An example; Line's uncle who never eats cake/dessert, because he does not like it very much, ate 3 slides of your cake - it says it all!
    Amber you are very sweet to work with and very helpful and we will be thinking of you the next time we are having a cake made. WOW what a talent!

Dear Heather,

Thank you for all your help over emails, you are very sweet and understanding. Thank you for the beautiful flowers on our cake.

Thank you both!

Best,
    Line & Michael

Sent on 09/14/2014

Heather · Married on 06/29/2014

Heather at Sweet on Cake made our cakes works of art! What a fun experience from tasting to seeing the final creation. The flavors Sweet on Cake offers are unique and most importantly...delicious! And she worked with us in creating a one of a kind groom's cake that wowed all of our guests. Sweet on Cake helped to deliver perfect cakes to complete our fairy tale wedding.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Amber · Married on 04/05/2014

We had a destination wedding, so cake tasting was a little challenging until… we came across Amber with Sweet on Cakes! We had various vendors send us samples overnight, but Amber’s took the cake (if you will) by a long mile. The assortments arrived in pristine condition, and were all incredibly delicious, rich yet subtle, and perfectly moist. It was extremely difficult for us to decide on one flavor so we ended up selecting two flavors for our cake!

She was a dream to work with. Not only was she very responsive, HELPFUL, collaborative, creative and knowledgeable, but she has such a sweet and genuine spirit. In the end of our working together I really felt as though I had made a friend!

I had a photo of a cake that I absolutely loved when we initially spoke, which incidentally was a cake that she had made for a wedding shoot. Of course, throughout the planning process our ideas changed as to what we wanted. She was very flexible, patient and offered suggestions in every direction we went. The end results were a simple cake, which we ended up electing to have, that tasted AMAZING! Our only regret was not using her sugar molding talents for our olive leaves.

I give Amber my highest recommendation! If you want a stunning cake, that is also outrageously delicious and unique you won’t be disappointed with Sweet on Cake!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Terri · Married on 03/22/2014

Our cake blew my mind. Not only was it absolutely gorgeous and even better than how I had pictured it when we discussed what we wanted with Amber, but it was DELICIOUS. We went with three tiers and three different flavors and each one was spectacular (go with strawberry basil, you won't be disappointed!). I had several guests come up and comment on the flavors and the beauty of this cake.

Sent on 04/22/2014

Absolutely the most talented and amazing company to work with. Amber does impeccable work and the quality and flavors are unmatched. Highly recommend her for any celebration.

Sent on 11/21/2013
  • Monalisa

Monalisa · Married on 09/14/2013

Our September 14th,2013 wedding at The Palm Event Center in Pleasanton was beautiful and romantic! The cake was perfect! It was gorgeous, moist, and delicious! Guests can't stop talking about the mouth watering favors we had in our wedding cake...they we're upset that they couldn't try all the flavors we had (strawberry basil, red velvet, raspberry truffle, peanut butter cup, and lemon blackberry). I discovered Sweet on Cake at a San Francisco bridal show. As soon as I took a bite out of each of the samples she had provided, I was sold! During our cake tasting in Sonoma/Napa, my husband and I brought along my mother and father in law. It didn't take long for them to feel the same way and were sold as well. Amber is super sweet and fun! She has a great personality and has a true talent. She is a master in her field. Her and Heather have great customer service. There was never any hesitation on answering questions or provide you information you may need. So when you are out there looking for the perfect cake...Sweet on Cake has it all! They have the creative and one of a kind style but also memorable flavors. Thank you, Amber and Sweet on Cake staff! Job well done!

Sent on 09/30/2013

If I could give Sweet on Cake more stars I would! Amber, who makes the cakes, is just the sweetest person and is so down to earth and knowledgeable! And...she may be the best baker in the world! We went to several cake tastings at big name places that are pretty popular in the industry, but NO cake even compared to Amber's cake! Her cake was absolutely delicious! She has several different amazing flavors to choose from and she collaborates with you to help you design the wedding cake you have always envisioned! Other companies wouldn't let us choose more than one or two cake flavors for our wedding cake, but she let us choose a different flavor for every tier. Do yourself a favor and call or email her for a tasting and you too will see how amazing her cakes are!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Jessica · Married on 12/03/2011

Amber was out of this world... AMAZING! She recently concocted two beautiful cakes for our wedding. One was our "traditional" cake and one was our "grooms" cake. From our first meeting with her many months ago to many follow up emails, she got our vision perfectly, and made changes perfectly when we really couldn't articulate what we wanted. Just look at her website and her facebook, her pictures speak for themselves. But you can only see the outside from the pictures... wait till you taste the inside... OH MY GOD...again...amazing! For our cake tasting, Amber came to us in San Francisco and brought us so much cake... we couldn't decide on flavors so we had a cake for like 300 people when we only had 150 guests! The flavors and the frosting and the fillings... all good. We had other cakes we tried, and NOTHING compared to the way amber's tasted or looked. You can not go wrong with her. She can do everything from traditional to fun! We are currently saving the top of our cake...but I am sure it wont last a year..its too yummy!

Sent on 12/28/2011

Suzzy · Married on 09/03/2011

We had our wedding at Gundlach Bundschu winery in September 2011. For our wedding cake, my now husband, took charge of the cake tasting and quickly chose Amber's Sweet on Cake after tasting a few other cakes companies. The cake was moist and full of flavor on the day and it was designed exactly as how we discussed. We received SO many compliments about the cake, I would highly recommend Sweet on Cake to anyone who loves good cake!

Sent on 09/26/2011

Christina · Married on 08/13/2011

BEST wedding cake ever! Looked gorgeous and tasted even better! Thank you Amber!!!

Sent on 08/16/2011

Tucker · Married on 03/12/2011

Amber was fantastic and our wedding cakes were amazing. We opted for 4 homestyle cakes instead of 1 large traditional cake and all 4 of them were lovely and absolutely delicious! We got many compliments on our cakes and many went back for several slices! She is extremely fairly priced and was very helpful in helping us figure out how to balance flavors and portions. Hire her! Your taste buds will thank you!!

Sent on 04/05/2011

Heather · Married on 09/04/2010

Amber is extremely talented and will knock your socks off when you try her cakes. She offers 14 flavors and they are amazingly moist and delicious. Our wedding cake was beautiful and everyone agreed that it was the best wedding cake they have ever tasted, which made our day even better! Watch for her on Food Network as competed in the Toy Story competitions.

Please note that her company name is Sweet on Cake and the website is www.sweetoncake.com.

Sent on 09/18/2010

Stephanie · Married on 08/22/2015

Loved our wedding cake and design. And it was so delicious! We loved the variety of the cake flavored, our favorite was the strawberry basil filling ! Amazing ! Very flexible when I wanted to change our wedding cake design a month before the wedding and delivered a delicious yummy cake! We highly recommend

Sent on 10/06/2015