Sweet 'N' Flour Reviews

121 | Atlantic Beach, FL

121 Reviews for Sweet 'N' Flour

Stephanie · Married on 01/23/2016

Sweet 'n' Flour was one of many of our top-notch vendors for our St. Augustine wedding. When first discovering Sweet 'n' Flour online I was in awe of the natural but gorgeous looks of their cakes. We wanted to stay away from fondant cakes and focus on having multiple organic cakes with out-of-this-world flavors instead. And that is EXACTLY what we found with Sweet 'n' Flour.

Marisa, the owner, held a tasting with us at a local coffee shop. Marisa's attitude was infectious from the get-go and she was able to understand the style of cake we were looking for. She prepared four wedding cake flavors for us to taste. We shared with her our wedding cake topper that we had selected and she sketched out our main cake with the toppers right there and then. Marisa was willing to change her Guinness Chocolate Stout to incorporate another one of our favorite stouts. This was a huge win, because my wife and I are huge craft beer fans! Also, we were delighted she provided the tasting in the form of cupcakes. This gave us the opportunity to try the flavors again at home and share them with family members for their feedback.

For our big day we selected three cakes (Orange Blossom, Left Hand Milk Stout Chocolate, and Banana Cream) and three additional desserts (Lavender Shortbread Cookies, Gluten Free Brownies, and Berry Tartlets.) We added on the styling package which included additional time from Marisa to decorate the dessert table, cake stands, trays, and natural elements. The overall look of the dessert table was STUNNING!

The delicious desserts were a hit at our wedding and people are still raving about them now, months later. Some of the repeatedly mentioned favorites were the Blood Orange Blossom Cake, Chocolate Stout Cake, and the Lavender Shortbread Cookies. We were overjoyed to have left over cake and a to-go box filled with the desserts for later. I have to admit that it was my mission to try to eat wedding cake for every meal possible.

Sent on 04/28/2016

Marissa from Sweet N Flour will exceed your expectations!!! She has created two cakes for two separate occasions for me and they were both the talk of the event! Her cakes are AMAZINGLY delicious and beautiful. The citrus berry cake bursts with flavor and beauty! Her other goodies are wonderful, especially her gluten free brownies (which no one could believe we're gf) shortbread cookies and pecan pie. She is my "go to" for any party or event. She is so pleasent to work with and very eager to please.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/17/2015

oh man, not even sure where to start with the lovely marisa from sweet n flour! We went for a tasting and were so overwhelmed with how delicious all of our tasters were that we ended up ordering 4 different cakes and 2 different tarts for the wedding as well as 3 different types of cookies for the welcome dinner the night before! Everything was supremely delicious, just over the top tasty. I have baked a lot and I have eaten a lot of cake, nothing that I have ever tasted comes close to the level of deliciousness in marisa's sweet treats. i am still fiending for another slice of the chocolate salted caramel cake we had, WOW was that a tasty thing! in addition, she is an artist when it comes to presentation - the cake table was beyond beautiful, something out of a very sweet dream :)
    Marisa is so kind and lovely to work with. She gave me so much personal attention and care to make sure I was happy with everything, she was a dream to work with. I can't recommend her enough, from the moment i met her to the last bite of cake i ate she exceeded my expectations for what a wedding cake vendor could be.
    Her warm and caring heart definitely comes through in her food, don't order your cake from anyone else until you've tasted one of her confections. Promise you will want to book her on the spot like we did!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Amber · Married on 10/02/2015

If there was a rating higher than 5, Marisa would deserve it. Our wedding was in Savannah, and I'm so happy I found her when we lived in jax and she was able to travel up to set up our dessert table and favors. She was super easy to work with, so kind, very patient, and very joyful. You really don't find someone as innovative and creative with flavor combos very often, and her love and passion for what she does is unparalleled. Her desserts and cakes have been a favorite of mine for a while, and I couldn't have imagined our wedding without her delicious creations. Also- my husband, the anti-anything-sweet guy, LOVES her cakes- specifically anything with keylime curd. There was no way we were picking just one, so we had three different flavors in three different sizes coupled with her other delicious sweets. The dessert table was one of the lasting impressions from the wedding that our guests still talk about.

Sent on 01/07/2016

D · Married on 07/16/2015

Marisa is such a sweet kind hearted person. When we met she brought my fiancé (at the time) some samples that we requested. The cupcakes and tartlets were absolutely delicious. For our wedding, we ordered carrot, ginger and maple cupcakes, peanut butter chocolate cupcakes and banana caramel cupcakes for our guests. We ordered a round bride and groom cake which was a banana caramel cake with cinnamon buttercream frosting. They were delicious!!!!!! The great thing about Marisa's cakes and tartlets is that she makes them using natural and organic ingredients. Many times one buys a cake from Sam's or some other place and it ends up tasting generic and you wind up not eating the frosting/icing. This is not the case with Marisa's cakes. Her cakes and cupcakes have that wow factor where even the frosting is delicious. I will definitely be ordering from Sweet 'N' Flour for future events and highly recommend Marisa.

Sent on 07/26/2015

Kate · Married on 06/06/2015

Marisa is so wonderful to work with! We wanted to do something more unique than the traditional single tiered cake, and she helped us design a beautiful cake table with 6 cakes in varying size and flavors. Her prices were very reasonable for the quality and service we received. We couldn't have asked for anything more. The cake was moist and delicious - we had so many compliments from our guests - and each cake looked beautiful!

Sent on 08/02/2015

Alicia · Married on 06/06/2015

The cakes were not only beautiful but completely delicious and moist. We had a cake table display with 5 different cakes and people really enjoyed the variety and fun of trying different ones. We had so many compliments and comments about the cake table. I loved that Marisa and Shea worked together with flowers and cakes to create a wonderful display.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Delaina · Married on 05/15/2015

Our cake and desserts were perfection and Marisa is beyond amazing. From the cake to flowers to setting up she went way above and beyond to make sure we didn't have to worry about a thing. When we renew our vows she will be hearing from us! Thank you Marisa!!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Stevie · Married on 05/03/2015

I have used Sweet and Flour for many events and I have NEVER been disappointed. Marisa takes time to get to know you and your style and then creates the most gorgeous and delicious creations to perfectly suit your event. She made an amazing blood orange and lemon zest cake for us and our guests couldn't get enough! The desserts stole the show!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Savannah · Married on 05/01/2015

Marisa from Sweet n' Flour was an absolute pleasure to work with! She did an incredible job creating delectable desserts for our very untraditional dessert table. From fruit flavored tarts to choclate chip bacon cookies, we could not have been more pleased! Not only were the desserts and cakes incredibly delicious, but she was also able to accomodate my gluten allergy and even made some vegan treats too! In addition to her incredible baking skills, she also styled the table for us with beautifully labeled cards, vintage stands/plates and fresh flowers. Our guests could not stop talking about how tasty everything was! All in all, I highly recommend Marisa. She's a baking goddess!

Sent on 03/27/2015

One word: Yum!

Marisa's cakes and cookies are AMAZING. She made a two-tiered cake, cupcakes and sugar cookies for our wedding - All Gluten Free! They were THE.BEST.EVER. Being celiac, I've had my share of good desserts and not so good. But Marisa's sweets are out of this world good. And many of our guests didn't realize they were gluten free, which is always a great thing! I loved watching friends and family dig into the dessert table and go back for seconds.

Besides baking delicious desserts, Marisa is also one of the most friendly, upbeat and enjoyable people I have ever worked with. She really helped to make our wedding great! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a delicious Gluten Free (or non-Gluten Free) dessert.

Sent on 05/25/2015

Kim · Married on 04/04/2015

We loved Marisa. She is just as sweet as her amazing desserts and was an absolute pleasure to work with. My husband and I love desserts, so when we saw some of the pictures of Marisa's amazing dessert tables, we knew we wanted to meet her. We had our cake tasting at a coffee shop in Jacksonville Beach, and she brought us cupcakes in each flavor we wanted to try. They were all delicious, but we enjoyed that we had leftovers to take home and share with my parents and really figure out our favorites. :)

We ended up going with three different flavored cakes (Key Lime, Madagascar Vanilla and Coconut) and they were all equally scrumptous. We also had key lime shortbread cookies and chocolate chip bacon cookies, which all received rave reviews from our guests. And with the beautiful flowers from the Anti Bride adorned on the cakes and around the table, we had one of the most beautiful cake tables we'd ever seen.

Now we're just counting down the days until our anniversary so we can order another one of Marisa's cakes to enjoy.

Sent on 04/17/2015

Marisa has been amazing to work with and her creations are simply the BEST!!

Sent on 02/21/2015

You know when you just click with someone? Well that's what happened with Marisa of Sweet N' Flour! From her beautifully crafted cakes to her sweet self, the whole experience was wonderful. She went ABOVE & BEYOND to make our dessert table beautifully whimsical and I am so happy with everything Marisa did! She has become a friend and someone I will definitely stay in touch with! She is a beautiful soul who makes the most magical, tasty treats! Our greenery inspired dessert table filled with beautifully crafted cakes|tarts|cookies were literally the icing on the cake to our perfect day!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Kelsey · Married on 11/15/2014

Marisa is the BEST to work with! I could not have dreamed of a more beautiful cake table for my wedding. Our guests were raving about how wonderful the cakes were. Her flavors cake and buttercream flavors are out of this world, there isn't even a way to describe them in words. As a bride, I know it's crazy to say. but I was more excited about the the Sweet 'N' Flour cake than my dress. We now order birthday cakes from Marisa too, I can't go back to eating any other kind of cake. I would absolutely recommend Sweet 'N' Flour for your wedding.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Danielle · Married on 09/06/2014

Marisa is absolutely amazing! Her desserts are so delicious and our guest could not get enough. We decided to do a dessert table with a variety of cakes that was so tasty and beautiful with her style. Marisa is such a wondeful person to work with and truly helped me feel as ease about our dessert table.
    -Danielle & Andres

Sent on 11/07/2014

Heather · Married on 08/30/2014

Marisa is the sweetest person to conduct business with and truly cares to make your day special. We got three different types of cakes, as well as, mini cheesecakes and they all looked spectacular! They were so pretty, I hated to cut them! Not only did they look like an image from my wedding imagination, but they were the best tasting desserts I have ever had. The flavors were exactly our style. It was the best decision to work with Sweet N Flour and I assure you that you won't be disappointed if you use Sweet N Flour, either.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Kristen · Married on 07/26/2014

Oh my goodness these are the absolute best cakes I have really ever tasted in my life!!!! Marisa and Sweet 'N' Flour are so sweet and amazing!! For our wedding we had key lime cake that was out of this world, as well as yummy pies and Bacon-chocolate chip cookies!!!!!! People are still asking me about the desserts and everyone commented how amazing they were!! I highly recommend Sweet 'N' Flour for weddings, or really any time you want a fantastic dessert!!
    Thank you Marisa!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Marisa did an absolutely fabulous job on my cake and cupcakes!! Not only did they look delicious but they tasted even better!! She did exactly what I wanted and it turned out even better than I could have hoped for!! I would definitely recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Jonah · Married on 06/13/2014

There is nothing that even comes close. It was a challenge to get a hold of Marisa in the beginning (she is generally very busy), but once we had met with her and signed the contract, she was very responsive and available, and did everything she could to meet our needs. We showed her a few colors and pictures of our general wedding theme and let her do her thing. The cake was absolutely perfect. Aside from how amazing it looked, it was the best tasting wedding cake I have ever had. Most, if not all of my guests would agree.

Pro-tip: her ingredients are seasonal, but if the key lime cake is available at least give it a try! It was amazing and a HUGE hit with the guests!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Marisa made a gorgeous birthday cake for my Mom, that all of our guests raved about. It was so sweet, and moist, and absolutely gorgeous! She also made super yummy cookies in little baggies as favors for our guests. Although she did not make a wedding cake for me, I feel very confident telling brides that I know she would make your cake to meet every expectation that you have for your big day, and then some! She is amazing to work with, and I will definitely be giving her a call again soon!

Sent on 04/14/2014

Sarah · Married on 04/11/2014

Marisa at Sweet N Flour is AMAZING. Her creations do NOT disappoint! Our wedding cake was gorgeous, I provided the flowers and she styled it to perfection. People are still talking about the flavor of the cake, the gorgeous styling, etc. We also asked Marisa to whip up some of her amazing lavender shortbread for our coffee table and they were A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.! So moist and perfect with a cup of java. Our cake was lemon with lemon buttercream and lemon curd - so dense and tasty. Not overpowering lemon and the right amount of tart! We were so pleased!! This was a destination wedding for us on Amelia Island and the week we arrived Marisa so kindly provided us with a cake tasting at our favorite local coffee shop for the "full effect". It was so special and sweet of her to do that, since we were not going to get that opportunity being a destination wedding and all. Thank you so much, Marisa, for making our wedding day a memorable one and making the most AMAZING cake ever - I could not have asked or wished for more! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Tricia · event on 04/06/2014

My family has ordered from Marisa for several years now and we do not have enough great things to say about her! She is warm, attentive, and makes the most delicious cakes and desserts you'll ever taste. She goes above and beyond for every single client every time and cares so much that you are happy. Every time someone new tries a cake we've ordered they say the same thing "this is the best cake I've ever had!" We've done small things like birthdays and bigger events too, and Marisa always makes sure every aspect is perfect. You truly can't find a nicer or more sincere person to work with!

Sent on 04/12/2014

Marisa is just wonderful to work with. Not only did we have her bake our wedding cake but she also makes wonderful holiday pies! Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect! She decorated our cake table to fit our personality and we truly are grateful to have met her. I will definitely get more cakes and pies from her soon!

Sent on 04/18/2014

Ben · event on 04/04/2014

I have never written a review about anything, however I had to let the world know about Marissa and her baked goods, I had seen my wife followed Sweet n Flour on Instagram, so I decided to surprise her for our anniversary and get her some treats. Marissa was so helpful from the beginning, she made a few recommendations and I have to say she exceeded my expectations. I wasn't home to set everything up so I left her a key under the mat, she was so accomodating and even made a nice set up on our dining room table for my wife to find once she got home. The cupcakes and shortbread cookies were beautiful and delicious, will definately order from her again!

Sent on 04/10/2014