Sweet Kisses Cake Company Reviews

4 | Modesto, CA

4 Reviews for Sweet Kisses Cake Company

Sandra · Married on 06/08/2013

Laurie was so great to work with and the cake turned out amazing. Not only was it beautiful, it was very delicious. The cake was more than I could hope for.

Sent on 07/05/2013
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 12/11/2010

It took 14 months to plan my wedding and I did cake tasting with three different companies before I met Laurie. Laurie out did herself. My cake was unbelievable. If you go to her website my cake is the hexagon four tiers, silver with steel blue ribbon, a steel blue bow and snowflake brooch on top with hundreds of snowflakes. Her fondant is amazing tasting because she uses marshmallows. We got so many compliments on our cake and for the price we couldn’t have asked for a better wedding cake. She even did cupcakes for the little kids. I liked her so much we used her for my father in laws 50th BDay party.

Sent on 01/17/2011

Anika · Married on 02/20/2016

The lady we had hired to do our cake backed out 6 weeks out from our wedding so we were in a scramble to find someone. Luckily Laurie was available and after the taste test knew she was the right choice. Our cake came on time to our venue and looked exactly like what we had talked about. I didn't really get to eat the cake at the wedding but everyone told us it was delicious. We ended up with most of our bottom tier left after the wedding so I was able to try the cake later and it was still delicious! The fondant was so good and not gummy. The only thing I would have changed about our cake is not needing such a big bottom tier after all. Also I sent her a picture of our invites because we wanted the bottom tier to have the same pattern and it matched our invites perfectly.

Sent on 03/01/2016

1.0

The cake was very dry & I was embarrassed to serve it to our guests. As for design, it was not the cake we ordered. Overwhelming disregard for important details:
    1) Laurie confirmed date/time for our cake tasting but had it wrong in her calendar.
    2) Three months in advance I sent pictures with dimensions of the cake stand to be used & was given a green light. A mere 3 days before my wedding, Laurie said that in thinking things through, she was not sure she would be able to fit the cake on the cake stand unless she reduced the size of the cake (after payment had been made in full). She pulled through in the end but it was completely unnecessary stress to have this back-and-forth exchange 3 days before my wedding.
    3) When placing our order, we specified no border between tiers, which Laurie wrote down on our invoice. The cake ended up having a pearl border between all tiers. When we brought up this mistake to Laurie in a respectful email a week later, she acknowledged that we had a point -- it was not what we had asked for or what was in her own writing on the invoice -- but, instead of an apology, she was defensive and stated that she took creative liberty on this detail. Excuse me?
    4) When placing our order, we were specific on a design element that we wanted for the top and bottom tiers of the cake. Laurie charged an additional amount for this, as it would require extra labor to achieve. We gladly paid it because we wanted the particular aesthetic of the more intricate frosting design. However, the cake we received did not have this detailing and Laurie was not amenable to a partial refund of services paid for & not rendered.

Sent on 06/10/2015