82 Reviews for Sweet Fuss Hair & Makeup Artistry

Consultations (3)
Multi. Stylists (3)
Licensed (1)
Blowouts (1)

Alpha was amazing, in presentation and quality of work. I contacted Alpha on a Friday evening for a Sunday morning make up and hair session. She checked her availiblity, sent me a quote, asked for some examples and showed up promptly for a 7am Sunday morning appointment. She was energetic, personable, fresh and ready to work. I asked for a natural look in my makeup design, because I do not have a daily make-up routine and she proved that applying a natural look in makeup could make you look and feel beautiful. In regards to my hair, she was able to create the hairstyle that I wanted exactly by simply asking me a few questions. She made me feel incredible for my bridal shower and the compliments kept coming throughout the event. Thank YOU so much Alpha. I will definitely reccomend her, as I will be using her for future events.

Profile Picture Obdulia, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Loved Alpha and her whole team!! Professional, punctual, responsive, everything you'd desire in a makeup artist!! Our bridal party had some last minute changes to the wedding day, and Alpha was very responsive and made sure the day ran smoothly. The Sweet Fuss Team was even early despite the rainy weather and street parking. Bridal party loved their hair and makeup services, everything looked great even hours after the ceremony. Overall, lovely to work with and would high recommend!!

Profile Picture Gwen, 11/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I loved Alpha! She was so amazing. Everyone looked so beautiful and couldn't stop raving about how good they looked. She is a true professional and I would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Melanie, 10/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

This review is definitely overdue and I am really sorry for that. Let me first start off by saying that Alpha is AMAZING!!!!!! Amazing is probably not even the right word to describe her. Alpha exceeded my expectations in every way imaginable. She is very personable, sweet, extremely talented in what she does (hair and makeup), flexible, caring, and I mean the list can go on and on. Going into any makeup or hair trial, every girl is a little nervous, but Alpha's personality makes you feel like one of your best girlfriends is taking care of you, which sets you at ease and makes the experience that much more better. I would definitely recommend Alpha to anyone I know. Love this sweet lady! Thank you again Alpha for being a part of my wedding day and making it that much more special.

Profile Picture Pamela, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup

Alpha is the best! She and her team did hair and makeup for me and my entire wedding party. Everyone was so beautiful! Makeup was natural and stayed on the whole night--airbrush makeup is magic. And her team was the best! So friendly and professional! The hair & makeup trial was great too. She came to my apartment and basically nailed the look I wanted on the first shot.

It was also helpful that she kept reminding me to "breathe, girl, breathe" while she was doing my hair and makeup the morning of my wedding. I guess I was nervous! :) Thanks, Alpha!

Profile Picture Kimi, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Alpha is SO wonderful. I don't wear makeup regularly so it was important for me to feel comfortable and still look like "myself" with wedding make up on. Alpha was both accommodating and understanding. Seriously, wearing makeup makes me feel anxious so I was super happy when I looked in the mirror and still felt like myself. She's really nice and fun to hang out with which was even better because sitting in a chair while someone's doing your makeup can be really awkward if you choose the wrong person! I couldn't be happier with her work or how perfect she makes you feel.
PS. Alpha's super good and woo-ing your hovering parents, too(;

Profile Picture Maria, 2/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Alpha is AMAZiNG!!! She did my make up for a wedding I was in, and her work is completely stunning! She will make you look absolutely fabulous. Highly recommended, very talented!

Profile Picture Maricel, 2/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Alpha is AMAZING! Her work is AMAZING! I actually booked her months before my wedding because I was so impressed with her work. With all the craziness of planning a wedding, Alpha was the one who reminded me that I needed to schedule my trial when it was a month out; she kept me on track. She gave me a prep sheet of things I needed to do/not do prior to the trial itself. If she was already that prepared for a trial, then I knew I could count on her for my big day. She is completely professional and personable all in one. She makes you feel totally at ease. During my trial, she asked me questions to make sure it was the look I wanted. I don't wear a lot of makeup on a regular basis so I kind of entrusted her with getting me that beautiful and natural bridal look. And she did not disappoint! She even checked up on me later that night to see how my hair and makeup held up -- and it definitely did! I was so impressed after the trial that I booked her to do my hair and makeup for the rehearsal dinner. Everyone was raving about how lovely I looked just for the rehearsal. And of course, my look for the wedding day was more of the same amazing beautifulness. I truly did feel like a beautiful bride. She even helped me put on my dress, prep me for shots with the photographer, spent extra time with me, etc. -- just being so much more helpful than she needed to be. Honestly, Alpha was my only vendor who I was truly, 110% confident in PRIOR to the wedding; she was one less thing I had to worry about on the day of. She also did makeup for the entire bridal party and all the ladies loved their looks. Alpha is incredible at what she does. She cares about the "product" she puts out there. She is well worth the money. I will definitely be booking her in the future for any and all events I will be attending.

Profile Picture Linda, 11/28/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Alpha did my bridal hair and makeup for our wedding in Malibu, CA. I chose the package that provided an in-home trial (she traveled to my house), full, day-of/on-site hair and makeup services, and touch-up services for before and after pictures. What I appreciate the most about Alpha is her attention to detail, ability to listen to requests (or lack of direction) and execute them well, and professional and personable personality. After spending hours with Alpha for the trial and day-of services, it was important for me to feel comfortable with her and confident that she would execute my vision and requests for this special day. There was not one moment that I felt insecure or uncomfortable with Alpha's work. She is also a complete sweetheart, and is so easy to get along with. The day-of results were even better than the trial, and really exceeded my expectations. Her packages and work are worth the price, and I would 100% recommend her to every bride!

Profile Picture Courtney, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup

Alpha did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for myself, moms, and bridesmaids. She is sweet, on time, and works miracles . I would highly recommend her her services for a wedding, prom, or any other event.

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/1/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Alpha did an amazing job on my makeup. I can't even keep track of how many compliments I received about my makeup (even from men!) that day. She was so fun and easy to work with & always making sure I felt comfortable about the way I looked. She is definitely one of the best make-up artists I've ever worked with and feel so lucky that I was able to have her during my wedding day. Thanks Alpha & team!

Profile Picture Christine, 10/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Alpha was wonderful! I don't wear a lot of make up so usually when people do my make up I get overwhelmed. I asked her to do it natural and it looked great! Very flawless. Totally loved it! I wish she can do my make up everyday! ;) I would def recommend her and use her for future events!

Profile Picture Rachel , 8/25/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup

Very accommodating. She really listens to you regarding your ideal wedding day look.

Profile Picture User6058038, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

Working with Alpha from Sweet Fuss was a pretty awesome experience. Initially I thought that the price was a bit on the high side but after seeing her transform me on my wedding day made it all worth it. During my make-up trial, she had given me the look that I had wanted -- very natural face while still highlighting features like the eyes and the eyebrows, and a romantic updo for the hair. I wasn't used to having a lot of makeup since I don't typically wear much makeup and so I didn't know what to expect once I saw the results. I thought it was a good job, but up close something seemed kind of off to me and couldn't quite pinpoint what it was. I had expressed this to Alpha and so on my wedding day she made some adjustments and I fell in love with the look! I was so happy! During the wedding day she had brought a team of 2 other ladies with her to work on my bridesmaids. They all did a wonderful job as well, going off of magazine pictures that I had given them as far as what hairstyle I wanted my girls to have. It seemed like we were on a time crunch as well, but they were able to get everyone done in time, including myself. Alpha was also there to touch up during our photo shoot that followed. She made sure that every strand of hair was in place. She even gave me a little lip kit for the day to ensure my lips wouldn't dry out and lose its lipstick color. She's such a hard worker, meticulous to detail, down to earth, and easy to work with.

Profile Picture User6079787, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling

Alpha did my make-up for my sister-in-law's wedding and I was very happy with the results. Her professionalism and charming personality helped to alleviate an already hectic wedding day for the bride and (I was one of the bridesmaids for my sister-in-law) and the rest of the bridesmaids. I would recommend her highly to any of my friends.

Profile Picture Marilou, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling

Two thumbs up to Alpha for doing my wedding makeup! She is very professional on what she does and responds to emails and texts in a timely manner. She is also very nice, friendly and always comes prepared. My sisters also loved her work. I did an outdoor wedding and the hair/make up stayed good and I didn't even need much post ceremony touch up. She did a perfect job on my wedding hair and makeup!

Profile Picture User6048166, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup

Alpha is so wonderful to work with. She is so easy to get along with, and makes you feel instantly comfortable and beautiful. Her and her assistants listened to everything that me and my bridal party wanted, and Alpha was so flexible to my changes on the big day! I couldn't keep her there all day, but she was kind enough to lend me some of her tools, so I could do my own touch ups. She is so personable, sweet, and very professional. I can't wait to have another event so she can fuss over me!

Profile Picture Alison, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Alpha is amazing! She's based in SoCal, I live in NorCal, and my wedding was on the Central Coast CA. We were able to collaborate and set up an appointment for my trial in northern CA. My hair and make-up were fantastic. It was what pretty much what I wanted, but Alpha made sure that every detail was on point and that I would be very happy on my big day. Alpha listened to my feedback. One being that my fiance (now husband) is very particular about too much make-up, and Alpha was able to find a harmonious balance with "picture-perfect make up" and a natural look on the wedding day. Come the big day, my hair and face were flawless! She nailed it: The timeline of all the maids, mothers, aunties, and bride, the artistry and skill, and she even had the energy to look amazing herself and stand next to me as my MOH. Thank you, Alpha. You're truly one talented rockstar diva.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Joanne, 5/23/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup

If you want to look like your most beautiful self on your big day - choose SWEET FUSS! Alpha (the owner/makeup and hair artist) is Amazing. From my first inquiry, she was helpful and informative. I don't wear makeup on a daily basis - she definitely made me feel absolutely gorgeous while being comfortable in my own skin. I first contracted for makeup only (I loved how she had an air brush option - weightless and breathable). However, last minute I asked her to add hair services. She was completely understanding to my bridal needs and found an associate to help her with my and my bridal team (ten girls!) hair. My bridal team LOVED their hair. Personality wise, Alpha is easy going and cool. If I have any other events where I need makeup, she's my girl! Thanks Alpha :)

Profile Picture Tatiana, 4/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had broken out so bad before my wedding she covered my chest and back for me too. I don't wear make up regularly but My makeup felt so light and comfortable the whole day.

Profile Picture User5220719, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Alpha and Sweet Fuss was excellent on our Wedding Day! She was so easy to work with and always listened to my wants for hair and makeup. The extra time you get with her for touch ups after the ceremony are an added benefit. She's very flexible with her hair and makeup trial and asks all the right questions to get the look you want. Also, Alpha has an amazing personality and is so fun to talk to. Hope to work with her again! -Crystal (Bride)

Profile Picture Kevin, 10/11/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

If you want to look your very BEST on any special day, you must go through Sweet Fuss Hair & Makeup Artistry. You will NOT be disappointed!

Profile Picture User4440647, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Alpha was wonderful! She didn't mind changing things up last minute and was very prepared for my trial and event. I loved working with Alpha for my wedding!

Profile Picture Sheila, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

If you are looking for make up and hair services for your wedding or event, Sweet Fuss is the vendor to book. The owner, Alpha is so professional, talented and fun to work with. These are he qualities I was looking for when booking someone to do my hair and make up for my wedding. She also handled my engagement photos, trial and my wedding party for the big day. I had so many compliments on my make up.

She responded to e-mails and phone calls immediately and was very flexible and clear. She was on time, if not early to set up her station and had chair, lighting, styling tools, and the makeup options were endless, yay for fake lashes! I was at a wedding recently where we were moving around lamps, mirrors and chairs to accommodate he make up artist, Alpha has all that ready to go and would never ask the bridal party to lift a finger!

I loved my hair and make up. I showed her some pictures of what I had wanted and she was able to interpret what I described. The outcome was exactly what I envisioned. It's not always easy to articulate what is in your head but she was very understanding and was more than willing to make adjustments and modifications without it being an issue. My make up and hair lasted until the end of the night.

I truly appreciate her services for me and my wedding party. She was so sweet, and when you have someone in your face for 2 hours its nice to have someone friendly and easygoing. She was good with the moms who were a little bit hesitant about hair and make up and great with my maid of honor who was a little more particular about what she wanted.

Again if you want someone reliable, punctual, flexible, and talented then Sweet Fuss is worth every penny spent. It was one of the best decisions I made!

Profile Picture Janna, 6/21/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Alpha was highly recommend to me and I was so lucky to have found her!
She knew exactly what colors to use and being Asians, we have different eyes and I have always felt other make-up artist didn't know how to work with us!
She did an amazing job on us and our photographs turned out beautifully!!
I have recommended her to my friends and family for their special events!!

Profile Picture Ivy, 6/8/14, 3 Reviews