Sweet Dreams Wedding Cakes and Flowers Reviews

Sweet Dreams Wedding Cakes and Flowers 5
Sweet Dreams Wedding Cakes and Flowers 6
Sweet Dreams Wedding Cakes and Flowers 7

Nava · Married on 09/20/2013

I highly recommend Sweet Dreams; Laura did a fantastic job on both my wedding cake and flowers. The cake was both beautiful and delicious. No joke, Laura's cakes make other vendor's cakes seem to taste like cardboard. The flowers were absolutely stunning, and far exceeded my wildest dreams! My only word of caution to others is that Laura can seem a bit distracted (she *is* very busy after all), but don't take that to mean she's not paying attention to you!

Sent on 11/06/2013
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 06/23/2018

3.5

Because my husband and I had a destination wedding, finding a vendor that did both cakes and flowers was a HUGE sell. It saved us time and money, and we were able to do most of our communication via email and phone. Laura and Allyson were always quick to respond and answered my questions thoroughly. I did find that it was easiest to have picture references of exactly what I wanted to best communicate the look I was going for. Overall, I was very pleased with the floral arrangements (I LOVED my flower crown!), though there were a few things that didn’t quite turn out how I expected. But I wouldn’t have changed a single thing about our cakes and cupcakes! Our gluten free sweetheart cake was delicious AND gorgeous! Laura even made us a separate mini cake to take home and freeze for our one year anniversary. (Confession: it was so good we ate it for our one month instead.)

And I have no regrets when it comes to the mini cupcakes we decided to share with our guests. Laura suggested we get enough for 3-4 per person, but we decided to get enough for 2 each, plus an extra dozen just in case. I’m glad we went with our instincts because it was the perfect amount. No one knows your guests better than you. And no one knows what YOU want better than yourself. Trust your gut and listen to it! That said, we did run Laura’s concerns by our wedding coordinator to make sure we were fully prepared. My number one piece of advice when planning a wedding is communication. Listen to your vendors. Listen to your spouse. And listen to yourself. I would definitely recommend Sweet Dreams, but be prepared to stand your ground if you have to.

Sent on 09/07/2018
    Sweet Dreams Wedding Cakes and Flowers 8
    Sweet Dreams Wedding Cakes and Flowers 9
    Sweet Dreams Wedding Cakes and Flowers 10
    Sweet Dreams Wedding Cakes and Flowers 11

Melody · Married on 05/15/2011

3.5

Very beautiful arrangements of flowers. Christina was very sweet and met with me several times to make sure all my preferences were carried out. She worked within my budget and came up with some great wayd to get full, expensive looking bouquets on a smaller budget.

Sent on 04/16/2012

Ashley · Married on 09/25/2010

3.0

Sweet Dreams Cakery did an excellent job on our wedding cake! We were complimented on how different and good it was! We were also elated to find that she would use buttercream as opposed to fondant. A lot of the cake vendors out there like to use fondant because of the appearance but my husband and I were not big fans of the taste or texture! Our cake looked just as fabulous in buttercream! Laura was easy to work with and even set up the cake beautifully!

The only scare we had was we were expecting the cake to be delivered at 2pm and it didn't show until 4 which was the time that the ceremony began! So you can imagine our fright. But everything worked out perfectly! It was handled perfectly by them when we contacted them about the situation. It seems we just had a misunderstanding on time!

Sent on 12/21/2010

Leslie · Married on 10/01/2016

4.2
      2.5
      3.5

For our small wedding reception, we ordered a two tiered cake and it was absolutely beautiful. I had a personal cake tasting and Laura gave me her undivided attention. Working with her was truly amazing, very professional and responsive, a great experience. While make cake was incredibly beautiful, it left something to be desired in terms of taste. I asked for a lemon cake, with lemon buttercream and extra lemon curd, but it really just wasn't that good. The cake part itself was moist, but it did not have the extra lemon curd I requested. It also had this 'brick'layer of frosting on the outside, that had hardly any flavor and a terrible mouth feel and the proportion was incredibly overwhelming compared to the amount of cake that was underneath. I don't understand because this was not the same texture of the frosting I had at the cake tasting. I'm just dissapointed because I have looked forward to my wedding cake since I was a little girl and it left so much to be desired. I'm the type of person who believes 'even bad cake is good cake, because it's cake' but I can't even really say that about this one. We planned a budget wedding and it's dissapointing that splurging on a wedding cake had such an unfortunate outcome. But as I mentioned before, working with Laura was great, I just was dissapointed with the end result.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/15/2017

3.5

We had our cake and flowers done here and it was a seamless process. The flowers were better than we could have imagined and the bouquets were amazing. The cake, I don't even know where to start, it was probably the best cake I have had in my life. We chose white cake with raspberry filling, and it was melt in your mouth delicious. Guests who never eat sweets could not resist having a piece. Returning items was the only downside as there was a bit of lack of communication on how/when to return items, but they were flexible once we were able to get a hold of them. Price for flowers was higher than other places we looked, but do not regret the service at all. As another reviewer said I felt a little cold when meeting for consultation, I think that comes from being all business. That did not impact the service at all!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Sweet Dreams Wedding Cakes and Flowers's reply:

Congratulations Jessica! Thank you for the kind review. We wish you all the best!

Andrea · Married on 04/26/2014

We tasted a few cakes when looking for a cake vendor and this was the best! We got the supreme vanilla toffee, and it was so delicious! We're looking forward to getting to enjoy the complimentary 1st year anniversary cake we got to take home with the top layer. Plus the cake was beautifully done. Bundling with the flowers was a great deal between the two. I came not knowing much about flowers, but knowing what appearance & colors I liked. Laura did a great job listening and working with me to create my vision of unique floral combos. She was very responsive to emails and getting invoices/payment statements to us for our records. The only hiccup was getting the flowers delivered at an earlier time than she planned. To her credit, this was because she wanted the flowers to look as fresh as possible, but we also needed more time for the photographer to get pictures - if I had to do it again, I would have made sure my photographer and florist's schedules worked well together. After some bartering between the two, we agreed on a time that was a good compromise, and Laura and her staff made good on making sure they were there by the agreed time and were very professional and courteous in setting up the flowers and cake. The flowers stayed fresh and looked amazing, and we were able to get the pictures we wanted as well!

Sent on 05/01/2014

Taree · Married on 09/11/2010

3.5

Cake tastes amazing. Must sample the supreme wedding cakes. Make sure to make appointment with owner and that you specifically say you want to sample their supreme cakes or if your travelling a ways to do a tasting and they don't have those samples you may be disappointed. Overall, heavenly tasting cake. I cannot wait to eat the top tier on our anniversarry.

Sent on 02/23/2011

Haylee · Married on 11/06/2009

3.6
      2.0
      3.0

We decided to have our wedding cake done by Sweet Dreams Cakery because everyone kept saying how good there cakes were and I have to admit they are so good. Well they are really only so good when you are doing the cake tasting. Our wedding cake did not seem to taste like what we remembered tasting. The presentation was not up to par with what my fiance and I told Laura/Casey that we wanted. It was very plain and I felt like they really weren't listening to us as far as how we wanted the cake to look. I was very disappointed when I saw my cake, but I don't think any of our guests new that.

Sweet Dreams also does flowers and Laura offered me a discount if I did both my cake and my flowers with her, so we decided too. I felt like I was very specific in what I wanted. I sent pictures and everything. When my flowers arrived to my hotel room I was very upset. The bridesmaids bouquets were so small. I just couldn't believe for how much I paid and we didn't get many flowers at all. The biggest thing however that I was upset with was my bouquet. It was awful. If it wasn't for my mom saying something to Casey I just would have died. I asked for a cascade bouquet and what they gave me was a bouquet that looked like flowers were just falling out of it. The flowers were nice but I just couldn't believe that they thought they were giving me an exceptable bouquet. My sister told me later that the rose pedals I ordered for the tables and the isle were also very wilted and old looking. I didn't notice and lets hope my guests didn't either. Very upset with the overall service with Sweet Dreams. I really thought they would be the last vendor to not come through. :(

Sent on 11/28/2009

Sherise · Married on 05/13/2008

3.2
      2.0

Made a beautiful small and simple wedding cake with a unique buttercream icing. I would reccomend this small but creative bakery!

Sent on 08/13/2008