Sweet Divas Cakery Reviews

Sweet Divas Cakery 3
Sweet Divas Cakery 4
Sweet Divas Cakery 5

Rachel · Married on 04/15/2017

Christy was great, and the cake was WONDERFUL. It was by far the best wedding cake I've ever had & it is amazing how much you are not only able to customize the design, but also all of the different flavors. The cake tasting was very informative. I brought a picture of the cake I wanted and Christy made it happen. She even had me send a piece of my wedding dress so she could match the color. Great attention to detail. I can't wait to have our top tier for our one year anniversary! :)

Sent on 04/26/2017

Katie · Married on 01/18/2015

Sweet Divas makes delicious cupcakes. We were able to choose our cake bases with different frosting. Our theme was sunflowers and baseballs, they did a wonderful job decorating the cupcakes. All of our guests enjoyed the cupcakes as well. It was a pleasure to work with Sweet Divas. So professional and have great insight. They definitely made our wedding day so special.

Sent on 07/11/2015

Jennifer · Married on 11/10/2019

2.8
      3.0

Disappointed

We were really excited to work with Sweet Divas after hearing great things from other people... first impression was great but was under the impression our tasting was just a starting point... we were certainly not ready to finalize our cake that day but was told to come in anyway... we were rushed and just settled. When reaching out a few weeks later with changes/questions we never got a response. A few months before the wedding sent another email and got no response. Called and got a “give me a few days to email you some options.” Got the email a few days later but with no options just “here’s what you chose. Can’t wait to see you.” I got a call 3 days before asking for the final payment for a few accessories we asked for... when asked about the options she just brushed it off... I was to the point that I didn’t care anymore so I just went with it. If I could go back I would’ve gone with a different cake company. Only good thing was that the cake was tasty!

Sweet Divas Cakery 6
    Sent on 11/19/2019

Dana Dougherty · Married on 04/07/2019

2.6
      2.0
      2.0

Ruined the top of cake

Unfortunately the top of the cake was not the dome of flowers that was promised but gappy flat mess that from the profile the center flower could not be seen and gaps around center flower and between flowers. The cake was a part of the wedding package thru the hotel. She gave back $22 dollars for the topper that we paid extra for and then after that the hotel got involved and she refunded for the extra for dummy layer. At my reception the wedding coordinator saw me as I first looked at the cake and asked what was wrong and I said "she messed up the top of the cake". Unfortunately it looked so bad to me I could not share the cake pictures and Christy at Sweet Divas will not explain why she changed the design of the topper from the picture she gave me. The black and white picture was the example picture provided by Sweet Divas and the color picture was the topper actually looked like. You tell me, does what was delivered looked like the dome of flowers I was expecting?

A token $99 dollars and sorry that the cake did not live up to my expectations does not fix the fact the top looked bad in the pictures and the pictures cannot be redone. The cake was the first thing the guests saw and was my only decoration in the room since small wedding. I dreamed of a beautiful cake, beautiful cake pictures. The most important was the top of the cake, I always said dome of roses, by it being bad it ruined the cake as a whole. Every picture had the bad topper in it.

Sweet Divas Cakery 7
    Sweet Divas Cakery 8
    Sent on 07/15/2019

Sweet Divas Cakery's reply:

As we have expressed in each of our responses to your numerous emails since your wedding on April 7th, we again apologize that you were disappointed in the center flower on your cake topper. Thank you for advising us that your cake tasted delicious and that all of the other tiers and decors were "on point." We note that the photo you include is your top tier after it was removed from the cake and placed in a to-go box, not the way it was delivered for your wedding. We do recognize how important a wedding cake is to a wedding and feel badly that a part of yours disappointed you.
  • francesca

francesca · Married on 11/08/2019

1.0

Terrible experience Sweet Divas was careless with my nut free request

I used Sweet Divas for my wedding on November 8 and unfortunately my experience was beyond disappointing. I would NOT recommend using them if you need ANY type of dietary/ food allergy accommodations. They are completely untrustworthy in this area.

I have several people in my family with SEVERE nut allergies. The reason we chose Sweet Divas was because they assured us that they could accommodate this and that everything would be 100% nut free and they would even take extra precautions to prevent any cross contamination. We chose them over other bakeries because of how confident they were that they could make sure that our desserts were safe for our family. We trusted them with our family’s lives.

I ordered a cake and assorted desserts and THEY DELIVERED BISCOTTIS THAT HAD ALMONDS IN THEM.

Unfortunately, the family members with allergies were not able to eat any desserts and were afraid to eat their dinner due to the fear of cross contamination.

It is highly disappointing that a reputable bakery could have been this negligent.
    Thankfully everyone was ok and no one went into anaphylactic shock due to Sweet Divas carelessness. This could have been a fatal mistake.

Sweet Divas did admit they had these notes in their file and it was an oversight and refunded us 15% on approximately $850 bill.

I sincerely hope they take these requests more seriously in the future before someone ends up in the hospital or worse dead from their carelessness.

Sent on 11/25/2019

Sweet Divas Cakery's reply:

I am beyond horrified that, along with all the lovely desserts you ordered and we delivered for your beautiful wedding, I brought the wrong biscotti to you; one that contained almonds when you had ordered everything nut-free. I simply cannot apologize enough and am so very thankful that there were no ill effects as a result of my error. It was so kind of your husband to mention how lovely and tasty everything was that we provided. We pride ourselves on the great care we take in preparing special dietary products, even making certain that we create them first thing each morning before any airborne particles could become accidentally incorporated into any finished products. In fact, in over our 10 years in business, nothing like this has ever happened. We have since changed our delivery procedure to incorporate a two-person approval requirement before any product leaves our facility. Again, our most sincere apologies for this grave error. Our very best wishes for your every happiness!