Sweet Crimes Bakery Reviews

4 | Washington, DC

4 Reviews for Sweet Crimes Bakery

J Firth · Married on 08/13/2020

Beautiful, tasty wedding cake

We loved our red velvet and cream cheese frosting wedding cake from Sweet Crimes. The cake was delicious and looked gorgeous. Our guests really enjoyed it.

Sent on 08/25/2020

Heather K. · Married on 09/22/2019

The most amazing cupcakes!!

Keri is a dream to work with! At our tasting with her, we were blown away by both the quality of her desserts and the gorgeous presentation. She was very creative and flexible with us in terms of customizing the cupcake flavors and desserts for our wedding reception, and was amazing enough to deliver them even at a three hour drive away. For the folks in our crowd who can't consume gluten due to intolerance or allergy/Celiac's, they really appreciated not only being able to eat any of the desserts at the wedding that they wished, but that the desserts were super amazing on top of it. Everything was fantastic, but the real stars of her baking repertoire were the carrot cake and red velvet cupcakes, the lemon bars, and her toffee-chip-cookies. We've also visited her at Smorgasbord in DC, and her donuts are exquisite as well. Quick additional tip: we popped our leftover lemon bars in the freezer to preserve them, and they're amazing frozen as well as in their normal state.

Whether you're gluten free or not (and even if you're not, chances are you're probably inviting someone who is), definitely set up a tasting with her. You'll be delighted!

Sent on 08/11/2020

Sweet Crimes Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much, Heather!! You and Tim are such wonderful people and I'm grateful to have met you. Thank you for trusting me with your big day!!

Stephanie P. · Married on 08/24/2019

Wedding cake

Sweet Crimes did an amazing job on my Gluten-free wedding cake. Not only was it moist and delicious-it was also beautifully decorated. I couldn’t have asked for more on my special day.

Sent on 08/14/2020

Sweet Crimes Bakery's reply:

Thank you, Stephanie! Your cake remains my pride and joy (as you can tell since it is the featured cake =0))...
  • Kenny

Kenny S. · Married on 10/06/2017

Best Gluten Free Baker Ever :)

My wife and I discovered Sweet Crimes at our local farmer market. I personally have a cookie addiction, and I would always make it a point to stop by the Sweet Crimes booth for a chocolate chip cookie before we left. Neither my wife nor I are gluten intolerant, we just really like all of the baked good Sweet Crimes offered. When we were trying to decide on the desserts for our wedding, we really wanted to support a small business and we thought who better to reach out to then Keri at Sweet Crimes. We ultimately decided on cup cake tower along with chocolate chip cookies (of course). Keri took care of the design and layout of everything, and it all turned out awesome! We couldn't have been more pleased with the service, presentation, and the taste of it all. Weddings can be so stressful, but this was one element of the planning we didn't need to worry about - she really took care of us. That's why three years later, when we had our first baby, we asked Keri if she would provide gift baskets to the hospital staff who cared for us. Again, she came through. We would absolutely recommend Sweet Crimes to anyone looking for wedding desserts, or the occasional gluten free treat!

Sent on 12/19/2020

Sweet Crimes Bakery's reply:

Thanks SO MUCH, Kenny!! I teared up when I got the email from Jeanne with the pictures of the baby. I love being part of life events and watching families evolve. I hope to see your little family again soon =0)