Sweet Creations Cakes Reviews

98 | Manassas, VA

98 Reviews for Sweet Creations Cakes

Stephanie · Married on 06/01/2008

Shawna and her husband work from home making the most delicious and beautiful cakes ever.We were so surprised by her reasonable costs and great designs.Shawna pays attention to details and executes it beautifully in her cakes.She proved it in our Wedding Cake who was a 3-tear-squared simple design with 3 different cake flavors and she managed to make the icing look like little pearls all over with ribbons of our wedding colors at the border of each tear. She worked with fresh flowers to top off the entire cake design and made our biggest request happen when she added our initials on the anniversary tear.The cake was light and very fluffy,the icing wasn't sticky and heavy like other icings.All our guests were very impressed and enjoyed the cake very much.

Sent on 08/12/2008

Barbara · Married on 01/30/2016

Sweet Creations provided a beautiful and delicious cake for my daughters Washington DC wedding. We brought pictures to our tasting, and they provided a lot of photos of cakes they had done as well. We chose one of theirs, and added details like a fondant ribbon on each tier which they color matched perfectly to a paint chip we provided. The tasting was really great with many options. My daughter's favorite was the strawberry....one taste and we were sure we had found our wedding cake vendor.

Sent on 02/08/2016
  • Neela

Neela · Married on 12/01/2012

Sweet Creations made our cake for our wedding. It was everything we asked for and delicious! Shawna was able to stay within our budget and great to work with. Our cake arrived in perfect condition, on time, and looked beautiful.

Sent on 12/10/2012
  • User2065951 · 2+ years ago

We enjoyed working with Sweet Creations Cakes! Shawna had great suggestions for our cake design and was willing to modify the design as we came up with new ideas! The cake looked great and tasted delicious!!!! We've had lots of guests tell us that was the most delicious cake they've had at a wedding! We plan on ordering more cake from Shawna :) Yum!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Shawna was so so patient with me. I couldn't make up my mind about what kind of cake I wanted. She is a sweetheart (no pun intended), and will spend as much time as necessary to help you decide on a design. Her cake was delicious and it looked beautiful. She captured what I wanted.

Sent on 09/26/2012
  • Janelle

Janelle · Married on 08/13/2011

We had set up a few cake testings and Sweet Creations with Shawna was our first tasting. When we sat down to taste I knew immediately that we'd be cancelling our other tastings...she had us try her peanut butter cake...peanut butter is my absolute favorite. My now husband basically knew we'd have to go with her because of this. We went over what we wanted and she came up with a contract. We went with the peanut butter cake with chocolate filling for 1 layer and a chocolate and vanilla with strawberry filling for another layer (our 1 year anniversary layer is the peanut butter). The cake was beautiful. When we cut into it you could tell it was so fresh and moist. Unfortunately the only cake my husband and I ate that night was our small taste but everyone raved about how good and fresh it was, expecially the peanut butter layer! Shawna was very responsive and professional. We couldn't have asked for a better cake and we highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/16/2011

Sandy · Married on 06/12/2010

Shawna was very pleasant to work with and we really enjoyed our cake. She helped us design the cake we wanted.

Sent on 06/30/2010

Ann · Married on 06/05/2010

I visited several cake vendors and even though their cake tasted good, it was way over our budget. I decided to try Shawna out and she was a joy to work with. She was very pleasant, sweet, and listened to what I wanted and my concerns to stay within budget and was very willing to help me explore options to stay within our budget.

I decided to add some more flowers to the cake at the last minute and she was more than willing to accomodate my requests and work with my florists to make that happen. I really loved the way the cake looked. The only thing I didn't like about it was the color she used for the border. It was very light so you couldn't see the color like I wanted to.I guess she was trying to match the swatch that I gave her closley that why. That's a minor issue though.

I would higly recommend Shawna to do your wedding cake at a good price!

Sent on 06/30/2010

Allison · Married on 05/02/2009

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. The cake was delicious. I would highly recommend Sweet Creations Cakes.

Sent on 05/24/2009

WE LOVED OUR CAKE!!! Shawna worked with us to make each tier a different flavor and to make sure that the design worked for the cake. The cake was beautiful and worth it! I would use her again for other events!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Markita · Married on 09/26/2013

My wedding cake was awesome! Sweet and Moist deliciousness. It was so good that the anniversary tier didnt make it. I had a peice during the wedding and it was so good that within two weeks I had to cut into it. It definitely wont make it to the anniversay but we will definitely be buying another one just like it. And Shawna is a sweetheart, very talented and flexible.

Sent on 10/10/2013
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/06/2011

My cake was amazing! Everyone loved it for taste and for looks! The colors matched our wedding perfectly and the cake looked exactly like the picture that I showed I wanted. FABULOUS JOB!!!!

Sent on 08/23/2011

Betty · Married on 05/01/2010

The wedding cake was DELICIOUS. We had the red velvet with cream cheese filling. Many guests told me it was one of the best tasting wedding cakes they've had. Working with the vendor was easy and pleasant as well.

Sent on 06/24/2010

Bernadette · Married on 10/17/2009

Sweet Creations provided us a unique cake based on our wedding theme. Our guests were mesmerized by the design. The cake tasted great, its one of the best cake we ever tasted. Thank you Sweet Creations for making our dream wedding cake!

Sent on 10/26/2009

Diane · Married on 10/19/2013

Our cake was amazing! We received so many compliments on how beautiful the cake was and more importantly how great it tasted. Shawna was very flexible in creating a design that we loved and giving us the feel of a large cake, when all we really needed was a small cake for our wedding. We plan on going back for our one year anniversary and ordering our own small cake to celebrate!!

Sent on 12/10/2013

Jocelyn · Married on 06/10/2016

3.0

Shawna and her husband were a very sweet couple who were very responsive and flexible. We met them out at their house, where they run their business from, and they were very helpful and our tasting went very well. They explained size, tiers, sheet cakes, fillings, frosting, and all the ins and outs of cakes to us. We had no clue how much goes into a wedding cake! We felt so confident in what we walked away with. We even changed our vision of the cake a couple times before our wedding, and they adapted very quickly and kindly. The only complaint we have was that our cake tasted very different on our wedding day than it did at the tasting. On the wedding day, the cake was WAY too sugary to the point we could hardly eat an entire slice. The cake was not on our top priority list, so this did not bother us too much. However, our cake LOOKED fantastic. It was exactly how we envisioned it, and we were super happy with it's display.

Sent on 08/16/2016
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 09/24/2011

3.5

Shawna created cakes for my engagement party, rehearsal dinner & reception. Each one tasted more amazing than the next. She was very open and flexible, I changed my mind about the wedding cake several times.

Sent on 10/14/2011

Aga · Married on 06/14/2008

Great place to get your cake at! Shawna meets and works with you on one-on-one basis. She is very flexible. Her cakes are yummy and great looking! Pricing is reasonable too! Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/10/2008

We were very happy with our cake! The design looked exactly like the picture I had provided and she was flexible in changing some details from what we had discussed at our meeting. The color purple was a little off from what I had desired, but with the dim lights no one noticed. The buttercream frosting was delicious and we went with 2 flavors, pink champagne and peanut butter cake with chocolate. Both were delicious and our guests loved them as much as we did! Thank you Shawna for a great job!

Sent on 10/30/2013
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 06/06/2009

3.5

Shawna was great! We did a literary-themed wedding, and wanted our wedding cake to look like a stack of books. Shawna sat with us and discussed it at great length to make sure she understood our vision. She also had great suggestions. On the wedding day, our cake looked beautiful! Everyone was taking pictures of it--it was a big hit. She was able to make it look elegant and beautiful while still keeping our theme.

And the taste! The cake was really moist and delcious--even the fondant tasted good. Shawna let us pick different flavors for each tier and did not charge extra. I thought her prices were very reasonable compared to some of the other quotes we got. And she was one of the only vendors who actually called us back right away when we left a message. We were actually appalled at how many cake companies never bothered to follow up on our query!

Sent on 07/07/2009

Amy · Married on 08/09/2008

4.2

outstanding and delicious

Sent on 01/19/2009

Samantha · Married on 08/27/2017

Shawna was great to work with. She answered all of our questions, was very responsive, and created a beautiful cake. It was exactly what we envisioned and tasted great. Our guests loved and we were so happy with the way that it came out. Thank you Shawna and Sweet Creations!

Sent on 10/16/2017

3.8
      3.0

We were able to choose exactly what we wanted, but when we saw the final product it just wasn't complete. The cake did turn out to be delicious!

Sent on 12/27/2013