Sweet Creations Cakes Reviews

101 | Manassas, VA

101 Reviews for Sweet Creations Cakes

Shawna is so nice and so helpful! She really understood our vision and created it perfectly, not to mention the cake was amazingly delicious! Everyone loved it!

Sent on 02/05/2013

Lindsey · Married on 09/08/2012

We met with a few vendors for our cake and felt very comfortable with Shawna right away. Shawna's cake was amazing! We loved her chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream filling. We went with one tier of vanilla and one tier of chocolate since not everyone will go for chocolate. We had buttercream frosting, as we are not big fondant fans and it was still beautifully finished! Thank you Shawna!

Sent on 09/18/2012
  • User2046364 · 2+ years ago

Shawna was an absolute delight to work with. From the day we had our tasting at our house through the actual wedding day, she was a pleasure to work with. I actually came to the meeting with no ideas of what I wanted the cake to look like other than the shape. I found my cake design in one of our albums that she conveniently had on the table. She gave us many samples to choose from during the tasting and REALLY took her time during our meeting. I thought the samples were amazing but the cake itself on the wedding day was PHENOMENAL!! I have been married 35 days and already know that the top layer is not going to make it until next year!! Highly recommend Sweet Creations if you want a beautiful and delicious cake, delivered on time with no extra fees! Thanks so much Shawna!!!

Sent on 09/28/2012

Shawna is great! We went to her house, which is set up with lots of books with examples and even models for free cake tasting. The cakes are delicious and she has any kind of flavor you may want. We got a different kind of cake with chocolate dropping down the edges and each guest got a chocolate covered strawberry with their piece of cake, which we got at a reasonable price. Shawna always got back to us through e mail asap and the whole process was made very easy by her.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Jenna · Married on 06/02/2012

Sweet Creations Cakes did an amazing groom's cake for us! Shawna put together a Yankee Stadium cake and captured every detail. My fiance loved it. Shawna was also so easy to work with. We met once, yet she was still able to capture every detail.

We had two layers - the chocolate one was so delicious, and we got so many compliments on the peanut butter and fudge layer.

Loved it and would definitely recommend Sweet Creations Cakes!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Jen · Married on 06/02/2012

We worked with Shawna on our grooms cake and our wedding cupcakes. She was able to take what we had in mind and elevate it to the next level. The cakes were delicious and beautiful and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her services!!!! Everyone at our wedding raved over the cupcakes she made for us.

Sent on 06/15/2012

Mary · Married on 04/21/2012

Shawna was knowledgeable, efficient, nice, accomodating,and a great baker. She accomodated both the Bride's and Groom's favorite flavor. The cake was beautiful and was just what a wedding cake should be. It was delivered on time and set up beautifully by Shawna. We could not have been more satisfied and happy!

Sent on 04/26/2012

Nicole · Married on 04/14/2012

Our cake was a huge hit at the wedding! (I only wish I had been able to have more than the bride/groom exchange bite but we were so busy we missed out!) The cake was exactly what I had envisioned it to be, and Shawna did an amazing job. She (and the tastings) were so great at our initial meeting, that I had the contract signed before we walked out the door, and i'm so glad I did. I didn't have to worry about the cake at all, and it was perfect. I definitely recommend Shawna to anyone looking for a fabulous cake.

Sent on 05/17/2012

Jen · Married on 03/17/2012

Everyone is still raving about the cupcakes that Shawna did for our wedding and my husband is still craving them. Shawna did a beautiful job with our cupcake tower and cut cake on top. All the flavors were wonderful and her prices are perfect. Not only did she do the cupcakes for the wedding, but my mom got them for the shower and after having them there, all the ladies couldn't wait to have more at the wedding! Shawna was very easy to work with and very helpful with helping us realize our vision for the cupcakes. I highly recommend her for her great value and even better cakes! I know I'll be doing more business with her down the road!

Sent on 03/28/2012
  • His #1 Mrs. M

Lacey · Married on 08/13/2011

Shauna with Sweet Creations Cakes was AMAZING. She took on the job of doing our wedding cake with super short notice. She worked well with us and was very helpful with her suggestions & ideas. She saw our vision of the cake from the first time we met with her. The cake was delivered on time as she said it would be and everyone was amazed and in awe at how pretty the cake looked and tasted. I would definitly recommend using Sweet Creations Cakes.

Sent on 08/16/2011

Jessica · Married on 07/01/2011

Shawna at Sweet Creations Cakes was awesome! She was incredibly responsive and our wedding cake was exactly what we wanted. We had met with other bakeries in the area and were told various things from they won't deliver the cake to they won't put the flowers on it (the florist does that at the venue!?)! Shawna listened patiently to our requests and delivered the perfect cake to our wedding! We had absolutely no issues and highly recommend Sweet Creations Cakes! Thanks Shawna!

Sent on 07/18/2011
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/29/2011

Shawna did an incredible job with our wedding cake. It was exactly like we wanted it and tasted fabulous!! She was easy to work with, very responsive, and her prices were so reasonable! Our guests commented on how beautiful the cake was and how great it tasted! Can't wait for our 1yr anniversary to eat the rest!!!

Thanks so much Shawna!

Sent on 05/30/2011

Dawn · Married on 05/28/2011

AMAZING! The cake looks and tastes better than any cake we've ever seen. Everyone at the reception commented on the beauty and deliciousness of the cake including the staff!

Thanks Shawna!!

Sent on 06/01/2011

Jessica · Married on 02/26/2011

Brides, book Shawna to do your wedding cake and you will not be disappointed! Shawna was wonderful throught the entire process, from our tasting to the day of the wedding. We met with 6 different cake bakers, and Shawna was the only one who embraced us wanting fondant on our wedding cake (the others all pushed us to buttercream). She was very professional and has samples of her work in her home when you go for a tasting. We chose three flavors - almond with chocolate filling, chocolate raspberry, and red velvet. All three were delicious and we got numerous comments from our guests on the beauty and taste of the cake! Thanks so much to Shawna - we're so looking forward to ordering another cake from you on our anniversary!

Sent on 03/21/2011

Erin · Married on 09/26/2010

Shawna was the perfect vendor! She was responsive, friendly, and her cake was DELICIOUS and affordable. I had selected a really unique topsy-turvy cake which Shawna replicated perfectly for a very reasonable price. The cake was gorgeous and I've received a ton of compliments- not only about how cool it was, but how amazingly good it was. There literally was only 1 pc left by the time the night was over- and I ordered well over what we needed!! (Thirds, anyone... lol). Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/06/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 09/25/2010

Our wedding cake was wonderful! It was not only beautiful but it tasted good as well which was one of my major requirements. We met one time and she got all the details absolutely perfect! She was a vendor that I did not have to worry about. I got matched up with her through weddingwire and she was excellent. I couldn't be happier and can't wait to eat our top tier a year from now!

Sent on 10/03/2010

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2010

If it were possible, I would have given Shawna of Sweet Creations Cakes an even higher score - 10's on everything! I found Sweet Creations here on wedding wire, and when I first contacted Shawna via e-mail, I got an almost immediate, personal response from her. (Many companies just sent automated responses a day or two later).

We set up a tasting and she was happy to host myself, my fiance, my stepson, and my mom. She works out of her home in Manassas, and though it was a bit of a drive it was MORE than worth it. She had tons of pictures of cakes that she had done, magazines, and 4 different types of cakes for us to try. The cakes that we sampled were DELICIOUS. She was completely open to my design ideas and loved having pictures and ideas to go on. She drew up a sample contract with pricing before we left and followed up via email a few days later but was never pushy. Once we made the contract, she was more than responsive to all of my questions, changes, specific requests, etc. She even worked with me to make a new filling flavor just a few weeks before the wedding.

When I saw the cake table at the wedding, I could not believe how beautiful it was. It was EXACTLY what I wanted and it tasted amazing - I only wish we had gotten even more of it! We didn't save the top layer because I plan to reorder a replica of our cake from Shawna for our one-year anniversary.

Perhaps most importantly, Shawna was incredibly patient with my high-strung mother, no matter how many times she called, e-mailed, or stopped by her house.

I would recommend Shawna and Sweet Creations without ANY hesitation - she was one of the best vendors we used for our entire wedding process.

Thanks Shawna!

Sincerely,
    Sarah Axelson and Fabio Villarroel

Sent on 10/08/2010

Katherine · Married on 07/03/2010

I went to Shawna after meeting with 5+ other cake vendors and I am so glad I went with her! I wanted a simple but elegant cake and I have a relatively small budget for it. Shawna was very nice to let me try different cakes on our first meeting and she even agreed to set up a second cake tasting specifically for the fillings that I would like to try (lemon cake with lemon fillings, red velvet with cream cheese, and yellow cake with pineapple fillings -- they are all very yummy!). She is professional, not pushy like some other cake vendors and always responsive and on-time with all the appointments and communications (she is very fast when it comes to answering emails). I wanted to add sugar flowers closer to the wedding and she quoted me a very reasonable price and when I saw my wedding cake on my wedding day, it's exactly what I had in mind, beautiful, elegant and very yummy (very moist). I would definitely get in touch with her again for any future events that I have =)

Sent on 10/21/2010
  • Tammy

Tammy · Married on 06/13/2010

OMG! Absolutely out of this world! Thank you so very much for making my special day perfect. I have tasted a lot of cakes at formal functions in my time but this was wonderful and the price cannot be beat. We decided at the last minute to order a special 3-D grooms cake as a surprise. I never expected such attention to detail. It looked life like and was the talk of the wedding!

Sent on 06/16/2010
  • F

Shannon · Married on 05/22/2010

Shawna was such a pleasure to work with, she was incredibly responsive everytime I emailed her with any question or concern. We did a tasting with her and all of her cake flavors were delicious, it was difficult to choose which ones we wanted! She also worked with us on our cake design and had some great suggestions.

I was so excited when we saw our cake at the wedding, it was exactly what we wanted design wise and it tasted wonderful!

The pricing was also very reasonable and she was willing to work with us to keep the pricing within our tight budget.

I would definitely recommend Sweet Creations Cakes!

Sent on 06/01/2010

Laura · Married on 03/27/2010

Shawna sat with my husband and I and worked with us until we found a cake that fit our budget! She made us a smaller 2 tier cake, as well as a large sheet cake for our wedding guests. It was perfect and absoultely delicious! I was sad that there were not any left overs for us! Thank you Shawna!!

Sent on 04/11/2010

Erika · Married on 03/20/2010

Shawna was wonderful! She did everything we asked and was so friendly. I've recommended her to friends and will continue to do so!

Sent on 05/16/2010

Joyce · Married on 01/01/2010

Our cake was for a baby shower. It was beautifully done, with such a professional touch. We sent ribbon swatches and the cake matched perfectly. Shawna was a true pleasure to work with, willing to meet my needs. Almost everyone at the shower wanted to know where we got such a delicious, spectacular cake. Thank you for all you've done.

Joyce Neide
    Gainesville, VA 20155

Sent on 02/02/2010

Judi · Married on 12/27/2009

Shawna did an amazing job on our wedding cake! When I saw the cake set up at the reception, I was awestruck! It was exactly what I had wanted. It was one of my favorite parts of the wedding and matched everything perfectly. By the way, it also tasted wonderful! We tried several cake places and Shawna tasted the best by far!

Sent on 01/06/2010
  • mishaun

Mishaun · Married on 10/24/2009

Shawna was absolutely wonderful to work with! Shawna was very responsive and thorough. She was flexible and met with us when it was convenient for our schedules. She allowed us to make changes at the last minute and also gave her opinion to help create the cake we were looking for. She allowed us to pay on a schedule which was very helpful. Her prices were reasonable for both the grooms cake and our wedding cake.

Shawna's cake tasted SO good! We are still getting compliments to this day. I even had someone who lives in another state ask if she delivers! Her cake was very moist and flavorful. I will definitely use her services in the future.

Sent on 11/14/2009