Sweet Creations Cakes Reviews

98 | Manassas, VA

98 Reviews for Sweet Creations Cakes

Elizabeth · Married on 05/31/2014

We loved everything about our wedding cake! At our trial with Shawna, it was so hard to choose which flavors we wanted because they all tasted so good, but we were able to choose different flavors for each tier, and our cake on our wedding day was even more moist and delicious than at the trial! The fondant she used was also the best-tasting fondant we have ever had. Not only was the cake delicious, but it also looked absolutely gorgeous with the sugar rose and cascading petals. We highly recommend Shawna and Sweet Creations Cakes!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Heather · Married on 05/24/2014

Shawna is extremely professional and talented! She worked with me to custom create a design that really fit the theme of my wedding. Her cake is delicious and her icings (including her edible fondant) are superb! Yum! Highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Shawna was great! The cake was exactly what we wanted, I only wish I had time to eat more! I loved all of her flavor choices. We chose three. One was a vanilla cake with strawberry filling, almond cake with raspberry filling, and our top layer was funfetti! She was flexible, and very responsive to emails or calls. She was soooo nice and had tons of pictures of her own work and different ideas, cake shapes and sizes on display so you really got a good idea of what you were ordering!

Sent on 06/14/2014

Tara · Married on 05/24/2014

Our cake was beautiful and delicious! We highly recommend!

Sent on 06/21/2014

Lily · Married on 05/03/2014

In the midst of all the activities going on on our wedding day, I had not seen what any of the decorations and cake looked like when everything was pulled together for the reception. As soon as I walked into the reception and saw the cake for the first time, my jaw dropped. I was in complete awe with how it looked. It looked EXACTLY like the picture I gave her with an edible cascading flower down the side of the cake. Absolutely stunning. Thank you Shawna!!!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Shawna was great to work with and her cakes are delicious! My cake was exactly how I pictured it and I loved every bite! I got three layers (one was chocolate and vanilla with cream filling, the other was yellow cake with strawberry filling, and the top layer was carrot with cream cheese filling) all of which was so yummy!

Sent on 03/19/2014

Mary · Married on 12/28/2013

Shawna is so talented! Her cakes are delicious and beautiful and her prices are extremely reasonable (the lowest I saw!). Our cake looked exactly as we planned and tasted amazing. My husband and parents weren't able to make the tasting so when they were all in town I bought a bunch of sample cakes from her ($5 per sample cake and we requested exactly what flavors, fillings, and frosting we wanted for each). They were so delicious and it was great to be able to share the cakes with them even though we had already had the official tasting. We were able to do a different flavor with different fillings for each layer of our wedding cake and she was so flexible with us for any changes we wanted to make. She was a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her for anyone looking for a baker for their wedding cake!

Sent on 01/10/2014

Shawna's cakes are delicious and prices are competitive. I really don't liek the taste of fondant but I like the way it looks so I was concerned about having it on my cake. To my surprise, the fondant she used on our cake was actually ok, didn't taste pastey. The decorations were beautiful and just what I envisioned, so pleased with the cake. Shawna was easy to work with and very responsive to all my inquiries.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Lindsay · Married on 11/16/2013

Shawna was absolutely fabulous! Our cake was gorgeous and beyond our expectations. Everyone raved about how beautiful the cake was and how delicious the autumn spice cake with cream cheese filling was, which was perfect for our fall themed wedding. Our wedding coordinator said she even arrived early, which was great, just very reliable. She really was so easy to work with and was well within our budget, I could not have asked for anything more.
    Thank you so much Shawna!!

Sent on 11/20/2013

Shawna is amazing! The cake tasting was great and we were able to customize our wedding cake with 3 different flavors and 2 different fillings. Her cakes are freshly baked and melt in your mouth. The best wedding cake I've tasted. We tried a few other places but her's was the best. She is very organized and professional. We ordered our wedding cake as well as the Groom cake from her. I would definitely order another cake from her.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Simply amazing!! My cake was not the usual fondant cake....and Shawna delivered it perfectly. Unfortunately, I didn't get to taste the cake at the end since I was too busy with greeting guests but I heard it was good!! :)

Sent on 10/27/2013
  • Lesley & Blair

Lesley · Married on 09/22/2013

Sweet Creations Cakes is simply amazing! Shawna is fantastic to work with! She created our cake to look just like the picture that we provided her. She took our vision and made it into a masterpiece. Her cakes are soooooooooo good. I have heard guest STILL talk about the cake a week later. Shawna was also very responsive to any questions that you may have for her.

I would definitely use Shawna again in the future. I also recommend her to anyone else looking for an amazing cake to eat!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Richelle · Married on 06/29/2013

Shauna and her husband were wonderful! I was very against doing fondant icing on our wedding cake, but when I tasted hers I couldn't believe it was actually fondant. The cake turned out beautifully as well as our grooms cake. I had guests literally interrupting me throughout the night just to ask who had done our cake.

The entire process was lovely. Shauna sat down with us for over 2 hours to discuss our vision and complete our tasting. It was very welcoming and friendly atmosphere, yet still extremely professional at the same time. I would absolutely recommend Sweet Creations Cakes to anyone looking for a specially designed cake, but especially brides and grooms looking for a wedding cake!

Sent on 07/03/2013

Shawna did a beautiful job on our cake! She was able to recreate a Martha Stewart cake design for us. Guests commented how delicious and moist the Lavender and Lemon cake was.

She's also very professional, prompt, and easy to work with. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/02/2013

Heather · Married on 06/01/2013

Working with Shawna was great! The cake was exactly the way we wanted! It was beautiful and delicious!!! We got the bottom tier in red velvet with a cream cheese filling and the top two tiers in Light French vanilla with Bavarian cream filling. Definitely recommend!!!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Katherine · Married on 06/01/2013

We loved Sweet Creations Cakes! We tried many cake places, and Sweet Creations Cakes was by far the best! Shawna has a number of delicious flavors, and she was so wonderful to work with. We could not have been happier with the final product -- it was so delicious and was so beautiful! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 02/09/2014

Rachel · Married on 05/05/2013

We loved working with Shawna. From our first email to the execution of our cake we were beyond pleased. With her great prices and service Sweet Creations is definitely worth checking out!

Sent on 06/01/2013
  • Scott

Scott · Married on 04/13/2013

Finding a good wedding cake vendor seems like much more trouble than it ought to be. Everyone wants to sell you “specialty” cakes that are way out of your budget and taste like they should sell for about half of the quoted price. Thankfully there are some good vendors out there, you just have to dig. And that’s precisely how we found Shawna at Sweet Creations. For starters, it was nice to work directly with the person who would be in charge of everything, from the first cup of flour to the last scoop of icing. In fact, it felt more like we were working with a talented, friendly neighbor than an actual company, something that gave us immediate confidence in her. The taste testing didn’t hurt, either – she makes some exquisite cakes and will let you arrange a time to visit her house and try a few styles that interest you.

The price was great, too. Whether you need a small cake or something for an army, Shawna will work with you to fit your budget while still making sure to consider the vision of your dream cake – everything’s made from scratch, so you don’t have to pick a template from a brochure. We went to her with a photo that my wife had plucked from Pinterest, and when we saw our cake on the wedding day it was hard to tell that the one in the photo actually wasn’t our cake to begin with. Even better, everyone loved it, and we can’t wait to tear into the top portion on our one-year anniversary.

There was literally nothing to complain about. The contract was easy, the cake tasted great, and the delivery was right on schedule. Wedding planning is stressful enough without worrying about lesser things like the cake. Thankfully there are people out there like Shawna who do their best to de-stress one part of the big day. If you’re tired of trying overpriced, bland cakes in search of a good cake vendor in the DMV area, consider Sweet Creations and rest easy knowing that one box can safely be checked off the list.

Sent on 05/28/2013

George M. · Married on 04/04/2013

We used Sweet Creation Cakes for our wedding in October 26th, and were ecstatic when we saw the finished product. Shawna took our ideas and created a cake that really went beyond what we had envisioned.

The cake was also very delicious and several of our guests kept complementing how delicious it was as well. We had chosen a French vanilla, spice cake and red velvet for the different tiers and the biggest complaint we received is that our guests wanted to try all of the different flavors.

I would definitely use Sweet Creation Cakes again. If you are looking for a beautiful crafted cake that tastes good, then Sweet Creation Cakes is the place for you.

Sent on 12/22/2013

Shawna created a delicious three-tiered cake for my March 2013 wedding. Guests raved about the three different flavors, with the red velvet with cream cheese filling being the favorite of them all. As someone who is picky when it comes to fondant, Shawna's is very tasty. She was great to work with and readily allowed me to change one of the flavors a few weeks before the wedding. Shawna also made an amazing groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner!

Sent on 04/15/2013

Diana · Married on 03/30/2013

Shawna is GREAT to work with. She is friendly and flexible! She offers the MOST delicious cakes and they are absolutely beautiful. She also has amazing prices! I'm telling you now, you won't find a better cake than Shawna! Her cake made our reception!

Sent on 06/24/2013
  • User3198239 · 2+ years ago

Shawna was fantastic! She was very patient with all of my questions and even used the cupcake liners that I wanted. The cupcakes were so delicious and the way she set it up at the wedding was so cute! Thank you!

Sent on 04/15/2013

Shawna is so nice and so helpful! She really understood our vision and created it perfectly, not to mention the cake was amazingly delicious! Everyone loved it!

Sent on 02/05/2013

Lindsey · Married on 09/08/2012

We met with a few vendors for our cake and felt very comfortable with Shawna right away. Shawna's cake was amazing! We loved her chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream filling. We went with one tier of vanilla and one tier of chocolate since not everyone will go for chocolate. We had buttercream frosting, as we are not big fondant fans and it was still beautifully finished! Thank you Shawna!

Sent on 09/18/2012
  • User2046364 · 2+ years ago

Shawna was an absolute delight to work with. From the day we had our tasting at our house through the actual wedding day, she was a pleasure to work with. I actually came to the meeting with no ideas of what I wanted the cake to look like other than the shape. I found my cake design in one of our albums that she conveniently had on the table. She gave us many samples to choose from during the tasting and REALLY took her time during our meeting. I thought the samples were amazing but the cake itself on the wedding day was PHENOMENAL!! I have been married 35 days and already know that the top layer is not going to make it until next year!! Highly recommend Sweet Creations if you want a beautiful and delicious cake, delivered on time with no extra fees! Thanks so much Shawna!!!

Sent on 09/28/2012