Sweet Addictions Reviews

9 | Montclair, CA

9 Reviews for Sweet Addictions

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Nichole · Married on 10/16/2010

I know why Annette calls her company Sweet Addictions. Her desserts are addicting!!! Everything she makes is delicious! We had actually gone to a few cake tastings before Annette and everything was just OK…And then we went to her tasting. This woman knows how to make a cake! We were only having a 3-tier cake so trying to decide which flavors to go with was such a pain, we loved them all! In the end we decided on 2-tiers of vanilla with fresh strawberries and 1-tier of banana with chocolate ganache. I think I scared everyone when I walked into the reception and saw our cake, I screamed so loud with excitement! We had a Halloween/autumn/Nightmare before Christmas themed wedding so we a purple and orange cake with pumpkins all around it that was AMAZING! If you look her up on Facebook you can see pictures of our cake! She also made mini cookies with ghost sprinkles, black and orange cupcakes, and mini cranberry cheesecakes that were all spectacular. My husband and I loved her cake from the tasting so much that I had her make me a coffee birthday cake and him a red velvet Dodger inspired birthday cake (that’s how addicting her cakes are!). She’s also so nice! We brought our nieces with us to the meeting before the wedding and she took them in the back to decorate their own cupcakes, what a surprise! They loved it! You don’t really get to enjoy everything at the wedding, so the first night of our honeymoon after dinner we went back to our hotel and enjoyed our cake! I couldn’t of asked for anything more. :)

Sent on 11/02/2010

Angela · Married on 07/17/2010

Delicious, beautiful, and on time.

Sent on 12/08/2010

Melissa · Married on 10/17/2009

I can not tell you have amazing Sweet Addictions cakes were for my wedding. We didn't want to go with the traditional wedding cake, so we went with 5 10inch cakes. Each cake was designed different and had a different flavor. Not only were we able to chose what we wanted we were able to taste them. The day of the wedding both me and my husband were looking forward to tasting our cake. It was AMAZING!!!! We received so many compliments on how good the cakes tasted. They were moist, flavorful and beautiful. I will continue to go back and get all my cakes from Sweet Addictions. Thank you Annette!

Sent on 11/20/2009

Sandra · Married on 06/27/2009

The cake was perfect! Everyone at the wedding LOVED it!!!

Sent on 07/11/2009

CJ · Married on 08/30/2008

The name says it all!! The cake we ordered for our wedding was simply awesome!!!! I would highly recommend it to any1. We got to have few samples of some cakes we decided to choose from and finally decided to go with Vanilla and Chocolate cake and also we too got some discounts which even made it sweeter !!!

Sent on 10/23/2008

Alexis · Married on 08/09/2008

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! My experience with Sweet Addictions is nothing but positive and I would HIGHLY recommend Annette and her services to all my friends and family. Through attending many weddings over the past years I have seen many beautiful wedding cakes but had never tasted one that was even half-way decent. Annette and Sweet Addictions not only created a GORGEOUS cake for my wedding but it was the tastiest and most elegant confection that I had hoped it would be. I found the flavor options and combinations to be FAR superior than any other wedding cake vendor I researched and the final product was simply delicious and stunning! It was such a pleasure to work with such a professional, organized, and accomodating vendor and this really made my work as the busy, coordinating bride much easier and stress-free in the wedding cake area. I cannot thank Annette and Sweet Addictions enough!!

Sent on 09/10/2008

Kandra · Married on 07/19/2008

Annette Hatch, owner of Sweet Addictions, started baking as a child at her mother and grandmother's side. As a young adult, her passion for baking led to her graduating from the Pasadena School of Culinary Arts. I went in to her store with only a vague idea of what I wanted - fresh flowers - different and unique designs on each of the cakes, and a variety of flavors for each of the cakes. After looking through her book of absolutely gorgeous cakes she had done in the past, and picking out the kind of designs I wanted, Annette proceeded to draw pictures of the unique, personal designs I wanted on my cakes. Within 10-15 minutes, her designs came to life. That day, at the reception, they were incredibly beautiful - and just as she had promised. My guests CAME UP TO ME and commented on the beauty of the cakes. Then - when they were served - they raved about them again! I have friends who are "foodies" and THEY RAVED about the delicate flavors, texture, and moistness of all the cakes (lemon, carrot, vanilla, and chocolate - each with their own perfect fillings) Also, I priced two competitors in the area - one higher, one WAY more expensive. Didn't matter anyway - I was sold on Annette's first sample bite (-: Furthermore, I needed to increase the number of cakes as my guest list grew - no problem for Annette. Always smiling, always easily accessible on the phone, always professional. I give Annette permission to give out my phone number if you'd like to hear more. Thank you to my friend, Cheryl, who recommended Annette's Sweet Addictions to me.

Sent on 08/28/2008

Sylvia · Married on 11/07/2007

If you want a cake that not only looks beautiful, but actually tastes good.... you MUST use Sweet Addictions! I tried many cakes from both well known and local bakeries, they looked pretty, were expensive, and were tooooo sweet. For me the most important part of the wedding besides the dress, is the cake. My wedding cake was more than I could imagine, Annette worked with me every step of the way, always got back to me, made great suggestions, and the best part was that at the end of the evening my cake was gone!!! Which is a great sign!!!

If you think that you've tried the best cake in the world... Stop... go to Sweet Addictions.. try her cakes, baked goods, coffee, anything this woman makes is just PERFECTION! I will only order my cakes through her!! They are that good!! I'm not being paid to say this and am not related to Annette, I just really love her work!! Don't miss out!

Sent on 08/27/2008

Meg · Married on 07/17/2010

We had a small two layer cake for us to cut and had cupcakes for the rest of our guests. They couldn't have raved more about the yummy cupcakes, everyone was talking about how great they are. We selected the red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, so yummy! Annette was great at working with us, we did a small design on the cake and it turned out great, just perfect. It wasn't too over the top, and I loved how everything turned out! Definitely get your wedding cake at Sweet Addictions

Sent on 09/21/2010