Swan Harbor Farm Reviews

129 Reviews for Swan Harbor Farm

Swan Harbor Farm 1
Swan Harbor Farm 2

christy · Married on 05/22/2010

We had an amazing wedding at Swan Harbor! The staff was fantastic! It was everything we had always dreamed of! Thank you Karen!

Sent on 06/08/2010

Andrea · Married on 04/24/2010

We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding day!
    Swan Harbor was so beautiful and the perfect location for our outdoor ceremony and reception. Karen at Swan Harobor was extrememly helpful and clear when reviewing the contract.

I would high suggest buying all the extra hours you can get for your vendors to set up, this is the only negative about Swan Harbor is the time slot is a little short fro the vendors to set up and clean up before the next wedding comes in!

Sent on 06/03/2010

Kelly · Married on 10/09/2009

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Swan Harbor Farm! It is an awesome venue and the site's coordinator, Karen, was absolutely great to work with. All of our guests commented how gorgeous the site was and we were asked over and over how we found it. If you are looking for an outdoor/gardeny type wedding venue, this is a must see. Additionally, it is a great value-- we looked at similar locations in the Annapolis area that were not nearly as pretty or offered as much yet cost thousands of dollars more.

Sent on 10/27/2009

Lindsey · Married on 05/30/2009

The most common thing people said to me was how beautiful the place was and where did I ever find out about such a lovely location. It was perfect. They take great pains to keep it looking manicured and fresh and we had no problems with anyone working there. There was even a sailboat in view during the ceremony--totally luck, but hey, I'll take it. The only little slip was that a family fishing on the pier (it's a park so people can on the pier but not on the grounds during a wedding) didn't know or ignored the direction to head back to their car behind the tree line and instead marched up through the field/lawn in front of our ceremony. SHF people chewed them out because they promise that won't happen. Eh, not many people noticed. I don't think we could have picked a better location.

Sent on 06/19/2009

Jeannie · Married on 04/25/2009

Swan Harbor Farm is a beautiful, welcoming location for a wedding ceremony and reception. I can't imagine a lovelier site! In addition, the staff is friendly, helpful and professional. Karen Tegges is a wealth of information and seemed personally interested in making our event as lovely as possible. Kathy, who often answered the phone, was always pleasant and helpful. And the staff on duty the day of my daughter's wedding were efficient and yet unobtrusive. Swan Harbor Farm is a first-class operation! We definitely made the right choice for our big day!

Sent on 05/17/2009

Sara · Married on 05/09/2008

Karen at Swan Harbor was incredible! She made sure all of our concerns were addressed and our thoughts were heard. The venue was incredibly gorgeous (everyone kept asking where I found it!) and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful place to have our wedding!

Sent on 05/19/2008

Anna · Married on 07/28/2007

Swan Harbor was amazing! We rented it for the entire day so we had a lot of time to get all the girls together for pictures before the ceremony and then bring in the guys. I loved the bridal suite where I got ready and watched the lawn turn into a magical outdoor setting. We got married at 5 which was perfect. Not too hot but perfect timing for dancing off into the sunset. I would do it all over again! Since it's a public park (which is closed for your day) we have been able to go back on our anniversary and enjoy a picnic on the same lawn we got married on. How sweet is that!!! I highly recommend Swan Harbor, the people are great and the facility is just breath taking.

Sent on 07/31/2009

Kristen · Married on 07/28/2006

Swan Harbor is a wonderful place. From beginning to end. the location proved to be perfect. It was a little hot but the breeze off the water made everything fine. Please go visit to truely get a feel for this wonderful venue.

Sent on 12/02/2007

Georgia · Married on 05/29/2006

Swan Harbor Farm was not only extremely beautiful, but they were so friendly and helpful. Everything was taken care of and I didn't have to stress at all on my wedding day. The grounds and house were immaculate and the wedding went very smoothly. I have recommended Swan Harbor to SOOOO many of my friends and at least 5 of them have gotten married there since I did!

Sent on 05/19/2010

Denise · Married on 05/06/2005

I loved having my wedding at Swan Harbor Farm. I knew it was the place I wanted after 5 minutes. The staff is very helpful and nice. They are a little farm from Baltimore, but well worth the drive. The facilities were just perfect. We had about 100 people and it was very comfortable. A little on the pricey side, but you have to pay for the "perfect" location. Since my wedding I know of 2 other weddings that are being held there after I told them where I had mine and they saw it for themselves. It just has "the look" if you want an outdoor, romantic, cozy wedding.

Sent on 04/18/2008

Amazing wedding venue, had such a great ceremony and reception!!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Erica · Married on 09/04/2010

Beautiful location! Would recommend to all!

Sent on 02/15/2011

Rachael · Married on 06/08/2008

Everyone at Swan Harbor was amazing. I loved working with the staff and they were as excited about our wedding as we were!

Sent on 06/29/2008

Cheryl · Married on 06/06/2008

Beautiful view, outside under covered tents. House was beautiful with cocktails being served outside on the patio. Guests were able to enjoy the airconditioning as well as tour the rooms while waiting for the photos of the wedding party to be completed. Appetizers were served in the house. Excellent set-up, would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/18/2008
  • Emmaline

Emmaline · Married on 10/19/2018

Beautiful views of the Susquehanna with historical charm

My husband and I knew we wanted to have our wedding somewhere in Havre De Grace since it was a happy medium for both of our families and friends. When we went for our walk thru, to our surprise we discovered that my husband’s grandparents were the caretakers of the house in the eighties. The house is very nice and has an antique character (which I loved), includes views of the Susquehanna (perfect for pictures) and the tent for the reception was simple but just enough for our simple yet elegant wedding. Due to the sentimental value that this location held as well as its gorgeous land scape, we knew it was the perfect fit for our special day. All of the staff was very friendly and kept us in the loop throughout the whole year of planning. Since we decided on a Friday date, the cost of the venue was much lower than expected. We received many compliments about this beautiful gem in Harco.

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Swan Harbor Farm 3

Tom · Married on 04/30/2017

We selected Swan Harbor for our venue because of it's magnificent landscape, the facilities of the farm house for the bride and groom's dressing/preparation needs, as well as the caterer's need for a professional kitchen, and the spacious white, linen lined tent over the stamped concrete floor for the romance of the reception. Compared to other venues we looked at in Baltimore City and Harford County, Swan Harbor Farm gave us great value for money. Cindy and the rest of the professional staff were always helpful and polite, and went the extra mile to work with our vendors to ensure they knew the ins and outs of the venue. The only hitch was a few minutes wait after the ceremony for the cart to take us down to the water for after ceremony photographs. Beyond that, the night was perfect and the venue the best we could have hoped for.

Sent on 05/06/2017

Our wedding is in October, so this review is for everything leading up to the wedding. I have been to weddings here before, and the venue is Gorgeous! For the area, it was also an affordable option for us. The only issue I have is with not being able to conduct my Rehearsal here due to other event bookings the day before. I don't want to have to see my groom the day of the wedding before the ceremony. A little hiccup, but certainly not a deal reader. Love the service I've received from the staff.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Erin · Married on 09/27/2014

This venue is absolutely beautiful! We received so many compliments from our guests for our daughters' wedding 9-27-14. It is a little expensive. You have to pay to rent the house, tent and every table and chair. The grounds are breathtaking....better book this venue at least 14 months in advance!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Jenna · Married on 09/05/2014

I fell in love with this site the moment I saw it. The grounds were in phenomenal shape and the landscaping perfect. We got the best compliments from our guests that the venue was perfect. Karen was attentive and responsive to meetings and email communication (as we lived far away). We found the cost affordable for the quality of service. Karen provided and assisted with vendor selection. The house was kept in time period and good shape. We just love Swan Harbor!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Emily · Married on 06/21/2014

Swan Harbor Farm is a great place to get married and if I had the option to do it all again, I would , but this time I would get the extended hour! Since Swan Harbor is owned by the County, they do have a few regulations like no rose petals, sparklers, or smoking, but when it is all said and done you won't even miss any of that stuff anyway. The ground is beautiful and the views of the water are amazing!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Lauren · Married on 06/06/2014

Swan Harbor is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL venue. All the employees are very helpful and did a great job communicating what they needed from me.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Bonnie · Married on 04/27/2013

Swan Harbor was an amazing venue and an easy choice to make for our wedding! Karen is amazing and really goes above and beyond her job to make sure that you have everything you need and want met for your wedding. There are very few negative things to say about swan harbor. The only thing would be because it is a public park and the fabulous people that work there work during regular/government business hours, sometimes it was difficult to make meeting times. However, with that being said, I was constantly out of town for school during the entire planning season of my wedding and Karen was well aware of this and was fabulous with responding to my emails quickly and once we were able to find a small chunk of time that would work for both of us, she made sure she did everything in her power to hold that time slot for me, which I so greatly appreciated!
    Up until the day of the wedding, I felt that I knew everything that would happen. Our final meeting a month before the wedding was a long meeting but this was so we could walk through almost every detail of the day so there were no surprises the day of and there weren't. Everything ran so smoothly! I was very lucky and blessed that the actual day of my wedding I had nothing to stress about except what my next drink was going to be. It was a perfect day, perfect weather and a perfect venue especially for our very budget conscious planning.

Sent on 05/19/2013

t · Married on 09/02/2012

Ms. Karen Tegges and the entire Swan Harbor staff were very kind, professional and helpful. They responded to all questions in a timely fashion and the venue was just as they described. The place made the day so very special

Sent on 11/04/2012

jane · Married on 05/08/2012

a beautiful venue to hold your wedding or any special occasion...Just love the wedding coordinator Karen..we had our wedding on a weekday so we were able to save some money... the only down side is the time ...we need more time for the preparation...wish we can do the decor at least a day before the wedding so we dont have to rush doing the preparations on the wedding day itself.But overall the staff are just wonderful

Sent on 07/29/2012
  • Bethany

Bethany · Married on 04/21/2012

Our wedding at Swan Harbor Farm was absolutely beautiful - the best day of my life. It was a gorgeous day in late April 2012 - the flowers and scenery are just so beautiful and we had so many friends and family that our wedding was one of the most beautiful they had ever attended. We did get married at a church and then arrived at Swan Harbor which worked great - I think it might be more work for the catering staff to do it all there. It is also a bit pricey for it being a county park - but I cannot imagine having my wedding anywhere else. The farm-garden-bay location is beautiful and our pictures turned out amazing. Would definitely recommend it!

Sent on 06/13/2012