Swan Club On The Harbor Reviews

Swan Club On The Harbor 3
Swan Club On The Harbor 4
Swan Club On The Harbor 5

andrea · Married on 10/01/2011

Our wedding was on 10/1/11 in the Camelot room at the Swan Club, with our cocktail hour in the terrace. Words can not express how unbelievable our entire wedding was! From the moment we stepped into the Swan Club, Tom and I knew that we would have our reception there. Everyone told us we would get "that" feeling at "some point", and the swan club was the first place we looked! We looked at other places, but nothing was the same!
    Jordana was absolutely amazing at making us feel comfortable with our choice. She worked with us on certain things we really wanted and broke everything down easily for us. Joseph, the banquet manager and maitre d' was also very easy going and helpful. The day of the wedding seemed to go so smooth and uneventful. Anything I, or we, needed, was immediately given to us or taken care of. Joseph even gave my husband his own personal red bull!!...kept the glass full all night too! Diana, the bridal attendant, was always right there when I needed her (and even when I didn't...she was ready to go!)
    The overall service, food, and ambiance of the Swan Club is impecable. It is in an appropriate and affordable price range, and I would recommend them to anyone that is looking for a magical place to get married. The grounds and rooms are extremely well kept and gorgeous! They will be sure to make your day as perfect as ours!
    Thanks everyone! :)
    ~Andrea and Tom

Sent on 10/21/2011

Kerri · Married on 09/24/2011

We got married at The Swan Club on Sept. 24th 2011. The ceremony was beautiful and elegant and very spacious. The grounds were outsiding for our pictures. The staff is very nice paitent and very helpful. The food was excellent. My guest loved all of the food and service they have here. I am very happy with my choice on picking The Swan Club as my wedding venue. Thank you Swan Club for making my day very special and memorable.

Sent on 12/07/2011

Melissa · Married on 09/18/2011

The Swan Club was the best choice for my wedding. The grounds are stunning and the room was set up so beautifully. The service at the Swan Club was the best part of our night. Joe made sure everything went smoothly and did his absolute best to make our wedding dreams come true. I had the best bridal attendants. They helped me the whole night and was always one step ahead of me. I plan on having all of my functions at The Swan Club !!!!

Sent on 10/24/2011

Karen · Married on 09/04/2011

We are so happy we chose the Swan Club for our Ceremony and Reception. Everything was "the best." We first met with Michael who stepped in to give us a tour and talk with us about our ideas. He made us feel at-home and was happy to accommodate. The grounds were beautiful and provided us with exactly what we wanted-- gorgeous gardens and fountains for outdoor pictures, with the protection (and air conditioning!) of indoor ceremony and reception spaces. Our Maitre'd, Agim, was fantastic. Throughout the night, he made sure our entire wedding party was cared for, and he was constantly bringing my husband and I things like water, food, tissues, etc., before we needed to ask. Agim and the staff kept everything running smoothly. Our guests raved about the food and service, and we had a wonderful time.

It was truly incredible-- the Swan Club is a well-oiled machine, and everything is always perfect. In fact, our wedding was exactly one week after Hurricane Irene, and there was no evidence that anything ever happened. Not one flower was out of place!

The Swan Club is an amazing venue and you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/25/2012

Cynthia · Married on 08/20/2011

The Swan Club did an amazing job on the most important day of our lives!! We very VERY pleased with everything and the food was amazing as usual! Thank you to Jordana, Joseph, and Diana for an excellent job that day.... you all surpassed our expectations:-)

Sent on 09/02/2011

Melinda · Married on 08/20/2011

Our wedding was held at the swan club on August 20, 2011. It was the best night of our lives and it is all thanks to the Swan Club. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and made for awesome pictures. The entire day was a huge success starting with the delicious cocktail hour food and ending with the amazing Viennese display. Joseph accommodated our every request and everything was exactly how we pictured it. The day of the wedding he was so calm and attentive. Kristin the bridal attendant was awesome as well, she catered to our every need and helped organize the bridal party and guests. We couldn't have asked for a better day. Thank you so much for all of your help!!

Sent on 09/08/2011

John · Married on 08/12/2011

One of the pieces of advice we regularly received when planning our wedding was "be prepared for some minor thing to go wrong, it usually does." But our wedding literally went off without a hitch - and we owe that to the wonderful staff of the Swan Club.

We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner reception there in Aug 2011. And we couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out. Looking back on it, we wouldn't change a thing.

Their grounds are beautiful. The fountains, flowers, gazebos, and streetlights are a one-of-a-kind backdrop for a wedding. The views speak for themselves.

And now..... The food. It was absolutely amazing. For the cocktail hour, we chose the Silver Package. We picked the items we wanted, there were a ton of options, and every dish turned out well. In fact, there was so much food at the cocktail hour, people thought that was the actual dinner!

Once we sat down to dinner, the guests had their choice of four entrees. The staff took their orders at the table, and no one had to RSVP with the usual bland "chicken or fish" dinner options on the wedding invitations. The options we chose were, eggplant, salmon, prime rib and chicken breast. I personally went with the prime rib, which was excellent.

We also highly recommend the Viennese desert table! However to call it a table isn't actually correct, it was more like four tables. An entire room of desert options and after-dinner drinks! People were looking around like, well, kids in a candy store.

But as impressive as all those items were, what most impressed us about the Swan Club, was their staff.

Michael was what I would call, the Coach. He got the wedding party lined up, went through the drill of who walks down the aisle and in what order. Not sure how long Michael's been working with crazy people on their wedding day, but it was clear this wasn't his first rodeo. He was clear, calm, and actually very funny. A little levity goes a long way when you're about to walk down the aisle.

Joe is whom I call, the Manager. We met before the day itself, and Joe was great a setting the proper expectations with us how the event would unfold. They made a handful of specific alterations to have the type of scotch and wine we wanted. Just after the ceremony, he brought us into the bridal suite, brought us a drink, and a tiny plate of each food item from our cocktail hour. What a great idea by Joe to give us a few minutes to decompress. After joining the cocktail hour and the following dinner, Joe was making sure everything was where we needed it. We didn't so much as get a drink for ourselves all night. Joe was an absolute rock star for us, and was cool as a cucumber the whole night. Except hey Joe - that last scotch and soda was pretty strong there buddy! Never got the chance to thank you for that!

And lastly, Diana was whom I call the Closer. Whenever my bride needed anything, Diana was there to solve the problem. We originally thought the bridal attendant would only be there to assist during the pre-game make up, hair, etc. But she was there during the pictures, and dinner. She was amazing! If my bride needed to switch her shoes, Diana went and grabbed them. If she needed to fix the train on the dress for photos, she was right there to do it. We are so thankful that Diana was there to help with anything and everything. She was a total pro!

Obviously, you only plan to get married once. And there's a lot of time and effort that goes into planning your big day. And looking back on our wedding, both my wife and I agree that we wouldn't change a thing. Your wedding is a big-ticket item, and we couldn't be happier with the venue and staff at the Swan Club. They make everything simple and managed the whole night for us so we could just sit back and enjoy our guests and ourselves.

We only wish we could go back and do it all over again!

Sent on 09/03/2011

Laura · Married on 07/16/2011

My daughter got married at the Swan Club this past Saturday..7/16/11. The grounds were impeccable all our guests commented on the beauty of the venue. Jordana who booked our wedding and Sandra our Maitre'd did everything they could to make the day run smoothly...they were so well organized! The food was great and plentiful and the greenhouse chapel with the flowers was the most lovely setting for both the ceremony and cocktail hour. My guests commented how lovely it was to feel like you were outside but were really in a nice air conditioned room. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 07/21/2011

Lucie · Married on 07/16/2011

I cannot say enough about how wonderful the Swan Club was for my 7/16/11 wedding. Everything from the grounds, to the food, to the amazing staff was IMPECCABLE. Throughout the process there was never a time I felt I couldn't call with any question or thought. If I came in, I was offered a drink and given a smile. The food was out of this world!!!! My guests raved over and over about every single menu item, the cocktail hour, and the well worth every penny seafood bar/boat! VERY IMPORTANT: Joe (our maitre'd) and Christina (our bridal attendant) made our wedding as amazing as it was...in all honesty. They catered to our every need, made sure EVERYTHING was in order, ensured smiles on every single family and friend's face and truly made a lasting impressing on my husband and I. I can't thank them enough. The Camelot room and corresponding cocktail hr room were beautiful, classic, and welcoming. The grounds at the Swan Club are unbelievable. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the pictures. If you have any doubts, don't. This is the perfect wedding spot. I promise you. THANKS AGAIN SWAN CLUB!

Sent on 08/04/2011

DENISE · Married on 06/18/2011

Besides having the most beautiful grounds and gardens, the staff did a fabulous job from the minute we booked them. The ceremony was beautiful as well as the outdoor cocktail hour on the patio. The reception was perfect and our maitre d Jonathan was on top of every little detail and helped us out tremendously with very helpful suggestions and making sure every little detail was taken care of. They went above and beyond to make our wedding very special. And the food was absolutely amazing-people are still raving about it. Not to mention our red velvet wedding cake. We would highly recommend having any function there to make it extremely memorable!

Sent on 08/16/2011

Kasia & Piotr · Married on 06/11/2011

Thank you for helping to make our SPECIAL DAY so memorable !!!
    A special THANK YOU to JONATHAN. He is a fantastic wedding planner.
    Our wedding day was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT :)

Kasia & Piotr

Sent on 07/19/2011

Rebecca · Married on 05/29/2011

I cannot say enough great things about this place - really. These guys from day one when we signed the contract with them were absolutely amazing from beginning to end. They really are pros and great at what they do - from the venue itself, the grounds, to the food, to the overall service - the staff went above and beyond for our wedding so there's no doubt in my mind about this place. One of my aunts who came to the wedding was with a walker and the staff doted on her and made sure she was well taken care of, as they did for all of our guests. The food - amazing and everyone is still talking about it, even 4 months after our wedding. A+++++ across the board from us!

Sent on 09/18/2011

Sandy · Married on 04/08/2011

We just got married on April 8th and we could not be happier with the Swan Club.
    Joseph our banquet manager was so helpful and so friendly! The ceremony was beautiful at the Swan Club as was cocktail hour and the reception!
    They were very accomodating with every request.
    Besides the gorgeous grounds it offers, the people there are more than helpful!

Sent on 05/25/2011
  • AnissaSimone

Anissa · Married on 10/10/2010

I dreamed of getting married at the Swan Club since I was a little girl. Before my husband and I were officially engaged we went to see how much a wedding would be there. I could not believe all that is included for a very reasonable price. We went back the following week and booked our wedding.
    It was so beautiful. The grounds are perfect. The food and service were great. They were flexible with the start time (we wanted to start pics early). We also had our ceremony there. We are the fourth couple that I know that has been married there (not recently) and the place is still fantastic! We even returned for their New Years Eve party.
    Highly recommended!

Sent on 03/06/2011

M. · Married on 10/03/2010

We had both our ceremony and reception here... and I can't say enough good and positive things about our experience.
    Vanessa was our maitre'd, and she went above and beyond our expectations! She's sweet and compassionate in what she does. She was wonderful to work with. I was always able to get in touch with her if I ever had a question or concern.
    My bridal attendant, Christina, was so sweet and amazing as well! If I needed something, her responsiveness was always immediate.
    I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a place to have their wedding. They take beautiful care of their gardens, and the food is also amazing. We got so many compliments by our guests, and they were so impressed with everything!

Sent on 10/26/2010
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 09/06/2010

The staff @ the Swan Club was wonderful. Everyone was very attentive and made sure the events of the day went as I requested. Our guest list grew 2x since the day of our original booking and the Swan Club was very accomodating in changing our room to meet our new guest count! The food was amazing the decor for their ceremony area was very nice and the gardens were groomed to profection. We couldn't have picked a better location!

Sent on 09/27/2010

Jessica · Married on 08/20/2010

UPDATE!!!!!!!:: The "sand" mentioned in the below review can be seen on their new website. Watch the slideshow. We told them how my husband proposed to me on the beach with a message in a bottle buried in the sand. Our place card holders were little bottles of sand. This picture represents the outstanding personal service they offer at the swan club, we will remember this personal touch forever.
    All I can say is wow. The swan club helped to make our wedding night special, unique, and most of all, the best party of our life. I knew we were in for a special night when we arrived to see homemade "sand" decorating our seating card table. When I mentioned it, Joe, our maitre d, said he thought it looked nice and went along with the beachy theme we had. I was blown away by the personal touch. Joe was awesome at his job, i was dancing all night and when I got to hot, I turned around and Joe was right there with a cool cloth to put on my wrists and neck.Tanya was an amazeing attendent, both patient and fun. She just knew when i was getting overwhelmed and needed a break. She was also very good at fixing my dress when my bustle broke. The food was phenominal, and we did make time to sit and eat. The grounds were so pretty that our pictures came out amazing. My aunt and uncle were married here 30 years ago and the service is still impecable as it was then. You dont stay in business that long if your not awesome. This is a place were you are garaunteed to have an incredble wedding.

Sent on 07/25/2011

Tamara · Married on 08/15/2010

The Swan Club was great! My MD (Jeff) and Bridal Attendant (I forget her name) was absolutely wonderful! Very attentive and helped to make my day SPECIAL!

Sent on 09/24/2010

Connie · Married on 07/18/2010

Granted we planned the wedding two years in advance. All the while my fingers and toes were crossed for a gorgeous day. We were so unbelievably thrilled to have a sunny and warm day.
    The Swan Club staff including Jordana and our maitre d' Joseph and attendee Aliada were fantastic in keeping my groom and I's only wish: THAT WE NOT SEE EACH OTEHR BEFORE THE CEREMONY.

Indeed the entire staff kept us at bay until I walked down the aisle. It was hilarious at the lengths they went to but it was touching as well.

We got the most bang for our buck as well. The food is phenomenal, the grounds are magnificently verdant and flourishing, and the ceremony pavilion is heavenly. The tulle and floral arrangements they provided added a touch of celestial goodness to the ceremony.
    All my friends (including the married ones) were so impressed with the beauty and charm.
    I have visited just about all of Long Island's wedding halls and none compared to Swan Clubs.
    It is not only breathtaking in the summer but all seasons. Check it out.

Sent on 08/29/2010

Jessica · Married on 07/17/2010

7/17/10. The Swan Club went above and beyond to make sure my day was special! From the second I pulled up, they were asking me if I needed anything. I received so many compliments on the food. Everyone enjoyed the grounds as well. I was blessed with a beautiful sunny day and we were able to take plenty of pictures in the gardens. I would recommend Swan Club to anyone who asks!

Sent on 07/18/2010

Tracy · Married on 06/12/2010

Vanessa is AMAZING!!!! Wedding was gorgeous! Grounds were gorgeous! Wedding was so organized and seamless! My entire family was impressed with Vanessa and Swan club because food was fantastic and everything was beautiful!!!!!

So first meeting with Vanessa to pick menu, linens etc. We have family members who are from the Caribbean and she had off menu suggestions incl beef patties, fried plantains, caribbean jerk chicken. these were nice options for our guests who wanted taste of island. She also arranged for us to try the food in the restaurant that day to get an idea. She had great design and food ideas which aft the fact realize that trusting Vanessa was key.

Second meeting, rehearsal which is typically done the day of the wedding. Our pastor and family REALLY wanted a formal rehearsal and so Vanessa accommodated us the day prior. She walked us through the ceremony and allowed us to practice in the ceremony site. She was in the middle of planning/setting up for another event and still took the 20 mins to do this. ABOVE AND BEYOND!

Wedding itself was seamless, elegant and delicious. She rolled with the punches and any obstacles i didn't learn about until after the wedding (don't stress the bride and groom).

Only negative comments from my guests were too much delicious food and drinks. They left stuffed and a little tipsy. I'm ok with that :)

Sent on 08/18/2010

Dimitra · Married on 04/18/2010

We got married 04/18/10 and they were amazing!! The girls Evelyn & Vanessa were so sweet I was truly happy with them....the garden is amazing! And ny guests were very happy I only got great reviews..The only thing I would have liked for the dance floor to have been alil bigger but that was not anyones fault when we first booked the room it seemed fine but it was alil tight other then no complaints I loved it!

Sent on 05/13/2010

Michelle · Married on 10/11/2009

What can I say about the Swan Club short of amazing!!!!!!! We were first impressed with the beauty of the venue and the day of our wedding it did not disappoint. Michael, our booking manager was great to work with and we had Vanessa, a wonderful matitre'd who made sure our wedding ran smoothly. The day of the wedding all went like clockwork, the gorunds were gorgeous, service impeecable and we are still getting compliments on the food. Could not have asked for a better recepetion venue.

Sent on 11/03/2009

laura · Married on 10/11/2009

We love love love the swan club and there staff!!!
    They worked really hard to get us what we wanted and man did they delivered. They were very attentive and accommodating and not to mention extremely professional. They made our wedding extra spectacular it was a everything we had imagined and sooooooooooo... much more. Form the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception. We had a lot of out of state family and they were blown-away with the venue and there service which is impeccable. They catered to our very need from the moment we walked in the door to just see the venue for the first time. It was first class treatment all the way. There staff is amazing and extremely professional. Not to mention that as soon as you walk into there gardens you just fall in love with the place. It is so well manicured and beautiful. I say it's enchanting and romantic at any time of the year. The food is out of this world they have there own bakery and the cakes are ridiculously good. Especially the red velvet. The swan Club lives up to all the great reviews they have and to the amazing service they deliver and we definitely recommend them as a wedding venue.

Sent on 02/24/2010

Gina · Married on 08/02/2009

Words cannot even describe how much I love this hall and it’s awesome staff! From the very beginning, DH & I felt like we were treated like family. The price was awesome and the food was very good. Personally, our service was spectacular and our guests said their service was great as well. My parents actually had guests calling and emailing them after the wedding to rave about EVERYTHING and are convinced that we must have paid a fortune for the reception. SC has everything you could possibly want in a hall and more, in my opinion. For CH, we had the seafood boat. What a HUGE hit that was! Lobster, shrimp, etc was all devoured. I later learned that the hall completely refilled the seafood boat when it ran low! Definitely a great addition and well worth the extra cost- at least for our families. Our Maitre D knew of our beach theme and added a palm tree made out of fruit to the boat along with extra netting we had left over from our own decorations. It looked amazing!

Banquet Manager: Jordana was always around to answer any questions I had along the way. Very personable and a pleasure to work with! She really does care about her brides- You don’t become just another name in her book and I really loved that. Especially for a hall that can hold 3 events had once.

Maitre D: Joe went above and beyond for us!! At our menu appointment, he worked with us and was able to fill every request we had for him and then some! We walked out grinning from ear to ear from all the extras he was giving us. For example: “You want a beach cake?… You got it! Your best man is strange and won’t eat anything besides pizza and fries?… We’ll make him his own personal pizza! You have a beach theme?… It’s only fitting we supply Coronas for your event and decorate your seafood boat with palm trees! You want to have 2 specialty beach drinks made by the bartenders? …You got it! You want fruit in all the glasses of water which we don‘t normally do? Sure! No problem!!” And I’m not even kidding when I say that Joe made sure ALL of this was provided on our wedding day and then some! He is really such a nice guy and very, very accommodating. His service was impeccable from start to finish and our special day was made exponentially better simply because of him!

Bridal Attendant: Where do I begin? Evelyn was THE perfect person from beginning to end. Although I had a Day of Coordinator to help out with part of the afternoon, it was wonderful to have Evelyn as well and very much needed. She waited on us hand and foot - always had our drinks and food on our table ASAP. She also made sure my wedding party and parents had all the drinks they needed while taking pictures, during rehearsal, etc. She brought cocktail hour food up to us in the bridal suite. She bustled my dress and fixed it numerous times when it began to loosen and fall down. Anything I asked of her was done in an instant and always with a smile! She was also very accommodating to the members of my wedding party and helped where she could. Excellent!

Cake: Since we heard what a phenomenal baker SC has, it made sense to just go with the cake that was included in our package. I showed Joe a picture of the cake I had wanted. Something not really simple like they are accustomed to doing, but I was assured that he and my bridal attendant would personally add all the little touches to our cake. When it was rolled out during our reception, I was so blown away that I practically had tears in my eyes. It was moist, delicious, and the best Red Velvet cake I've ever eaten!

Sent on 08/26/2010