SW FLORIDA ENTERTAINMENT Reviews

164 | Naples, FL

164 Reviews for SW FLORIDA ENTERTAINMENT

Samantha · event on: 11/21/2015

I am the Community Events Coordinator for the City of Marco Island. Our Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee decided to have a Free Concert in the Park to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Marco Island. This was the largest event and first concert that I have been involved with. We set up a small committee who would meet to discuss the details and make the arrangements for the concert. The task seemed overwhelming at first, until our committee was introduced to Ken Hodsdon, from SWFL Entertainment. We not only rented the stage & sound from Ken, but he also jumped right in and offered his experience and expertise when it came to the planning and organization of the details. Ken was available for questions and offered solutions when issues arose. I truly appreciated Ken’s positive ‘can do’ attitude and desire to help make our event successful and enjoyable for everyone!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Sara · Married on 11/15/2015

Ken is so great to work with. We planned our wedding from MN and he always replied quickly to our emails or calls, and met us during our planning trip to FL. He went above and beyond to play specific songs on his guitar during the ceremony that we wanted and played a special song for us during the reception in coordination with my Mom. He did a beautiful job with uplighting and made our reception so much fun! While the site says he does not have karaoke, one of our guests got a mic and we had a karaoke-like atmosphere for a bit which was so fun. Don't hesitate to call Ken!

Sent on 11/28/2015

Hey Sara,
    Thank You so much for the kind words. As you can tell, I love my job. It is really easy when working with people like Ryan and yourself.
    I hope you enjoy traveling the world with your best friend, Ryan. You guys are completely awesome!!!

Melissa · Married on 11/13/2015

Ken has been a PLEASURE to work with. He really knows how to host a party. We met Ken at a Bridal Blast as we were walking out the door. I am so glad we did. He is easy and fun to talk to. This was really important to us since we wanted to have an exciting wedding.

The planning of the music was SUPER EASY. He gave me a form to fill out and he worked with me to find the best flow for my dances, games and ceremonies. With having to plan everything else, it was a nice tool to have.

Ken is very flexible in every way. In his ways of contact, if you prefer email, text or call he will work with what works best for you! We even had an issue at the venue where they were delaying set up due to last minute golfers but Ken was able to roll with the punches thrown at him and made the ceremony BEAUTIFUL!

The reception was a BLAST! I still have people tell me almost a month later that it was the "best wedding ever!" He really knew how to get our guests moving. Even my husband's grandfather who will get blown over with the wind, was swinging grandma around the dance floor! He kept a great pace throughout and knew when to slow things down and when to pick it back up again! There was never a moment when there wasn't someone on the dance floor. Throughout the evening, my husband and I had even the staff of the venue come up to us and say the energy was the best they had felt. It was a great feeling. Ken brought that energy out of the families.

Over all, the night was MAGICAL. Ken made us look great with our family and friends. We couldn't imagine having our wedding without Ken there!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Noelle · Married on 11/07/2015

Ken is so accommodating. He is a true professional.

Sent on 11/09/2015

SW FLORIDA ENTERTAINMENT's reply:

Hey Noelle, thanks so much for the review. It is always a pleasure to work with you on your events!!
  • User5619045 · 2+ years ago

Ken was great, and the sound system was top notch.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Allyson · Married on 11/07/2015

Ken did an amazing job DJing our wedding and was definitely a major highlight of our night! I was so worried about not having anyone on the dance floor, but Ken reassured me from the start that he would keep the party going, even if it meant he had to get out there and dance. The dance floor was packed the whole night! Even our grandparents said he played very tasteful music and did an amazing job. We had such a great time dancing and partying along with him. He accommodated requests and played just the right amount of fast and slow songs. Definitely recommend him for your event! You won't be disappointed and you'll have a great time. Oh-and you wont be stressed during planning because he is SO helpful in the planning process! DEFINITE PLUS!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Hey Ally,
    Thank You so much for the kind words. I was not hard to keep your friends and family up on the dance floor. Just play what they wanted to hear. HAHA
    I wish you and Chris the best life has to offer!!
    DJ Ken

We are soooooo happy that we picked Ken for our DJ. Right from the start we knew Ken was our man. I put a request in through his website for more info and within minutes he was calling me back. We got along great from the start and it was all good from there. He was a MAJOR part of our wedding and we are grateful for his expertise and overall professionalism. Everything we asked for he delivered and then some. At the last minute (literally the morning of the wedding) we added a dance floor to our package and Ken put it all together with ease.

Our guests loved him and he had us all dancing from the start. He went out of his way to make sure that everything we needed was taken care of. We had several meeting with him beforehand and he spent a huge amount of time with us. He left no stone unturned in finding out what we liked and the kind of wedding we were looking for. Without him I am not sure that it would have been as fun...really! He even hooked us up with Darci J, she is an amazing singer and made our ceremony into something really special. Thanks to both of you!!! Do not even bother interviewing other DJ's. Ken is amazing!

Sent on 11/20/2015

SW FLORIDA ENTERTAINMENT's reply:

Hey Susan, Thanks so much for the kind words. You are Michael were so much fun to work with. Nothing is challenging when having fun.
    Your group was off the hook!!! All the requests were perfect!!! I only wish I brought my swim suit to join all 15 of you in the pool after the wedding!!
    Blessings to You and Michael!!!
    DJ Ken

Ken kept the party going all night! Lots of fun at a very reasonable price.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Hello Sydney,
    Thank You so much for having us at Your Wedding!!!! We had a great time Rockin' out with your friends and family. Matthew is a very lucky man!!!
    Congrats!!! DJ Ken

Katherine · Married on 10/23/2015

Great services and great pirces. Would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Kylee · Married on 10/17/2015

Ken was amazing - did everything we asked of him and played great music that kept everyone dancing. I would recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 11/11/2015

April · Married on 10/11/2015

We can't say enough wonderful things about Ken we was over accommodating since day one. He has the awesome kind of bubbly, fun and friendly personality that makes him absolutely perfect for this kind of job. Our wedding was almost two months ago and our guests still tell us regularly how it was the best wedding they have ever been too and I truly believe Ken has soooo much to do with why they think that. We hired a DJ and walked away with a friend! I have/will always recommend him to every I know. My friend just booked her wedding with him!

You are a rockstar, Ken! Can't thank you enough!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Julie · Married on 10/10/2015

Ken was amazing. We used his services including: ceremony microphones, the reception DJ and uplighting, and a karaoke after party. He kept the music pumping and the party going. I had many complements from my friends and family about what a great job he did. For the amount of service that you get he is a great deal. He also provided the uplighting at the reception and this saved us a lot of money. I would use him for another party in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/07/2015

Hello Julie,
    I still need to send the photos I have from the after party!! WOW was that fun!!
    It was an honor to DJ your wedding and after party. The atmosphere was so cool!!
    Blessings DJ Ken

Jamie · Married on 10/06/2015

Ken did an excellent job and we would definitely go with him again. His uplighting was great. He provided a tv to play a dvd of pictures during the reception. He set up equipment at the beach for the ceremony, outside at the reception for cocktail hour, and also inside for the reception. He even met with the bride and groom to go over their song list the night before the wedding, because they had gotten busy with other preparations. He was dressed formally to go along with the wedding. I don't remember him taking a break, besides the small break during supper, and he still had dinner music playing. He was happy t o play song requests and kept the party going. He even got on the dance floor himself to teach to Nae Nae and the Cupid Shuffle. He was great to work with and put on a great show. Definately would recommend him!!!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Hillary · Married on 10/06/2015

I had my destination wedding in Naples at the Hilton on 10/6/15. Ken was great to work with; I wanted someone who could keep the party going as we only had 20 people at our wedding. We were staying on Marco and went to Ken’s house to go over everything for the wedding, from the schedule to the song choices. He came to the rehearsal and took some pictures for us as well there (something I totally forgot about because I had a few things on my mind that day!!). He taught us the Nae Nae and the Cupid Shuffle. The groom & I are not really dance people, but he made it fun and not awkward at all (I was definitely worried about no one dancing but this was not an issue and we all had a blast!). I would definitely recommend Ken!

Sent on 01/01/2016

Caitlynn · Married on 10/02/2015

DJ Ken provided the music, lighting, tent, dancefloor, entertainment, and also helped calm my nerves and met with me to go over the order of events because I had no idea what I was doing. He was so kind and helpful. The best entertainer I have ever delt with! I could not have asked for a better person to help me get everything I needed for my special day! My wedding was an out door wedding on October 2nd and everything turned out perfect! Thanks again DJ Ken for such an amazing experience ! Five stars for sure!

Sent on 10/15/2015

megan · Married on 09/24/2015

Dj Ken was hired for my wedding at the Marco ocean resort in september. He was extremely helpful to me since I had never had to hire a dj. Very fun, and kept the party going. I highly recommend him for any dj event needs. Great price and an all around nice guy to work with. I would give him 10 stars if I could.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Sarah · Married on 09/07/2015

Ken was so much fun at my wedding. I am so happy we hired him for our special day. I would recommend him to anyone whose looking to have a good time!

Sent on 09/13/2015

SW FLORIDA ENTERTAINMENT's reply:

Sarah, it was an honor to be the DJ/MC at your wedding. I had such an awesome time. Great dancing too!!!
    You have such wonderful family and friends.
    Please tell Carlton hello for me!!
  • I

Ingrid · Married on 08/02/2015

Dj Ken was so helpful throughout the wedding planning and provided an amazing service at our wedding.

Sent on 08/10/2015

SW FLORIDA ENTERTAINMENT's reply:

Ingrid, Thank You so much for putting your trust in me for your most special day. You have such a wonderful family, and I see how much love they have for you and Charlie.
    You need to tell your friend who sang at the reception to call me about singing at my church. She is amazing. Also, the young girl who sang karaoke at the end of the reception.
    Blessings!!!!
    DJ Ken

Dj Ken was wonderful to work with! We received many compliments about the music for both our reception and ceremony. I had a destination wedding and was unable to meet him until the week of the wedding. His suggestions and feedback for our music were helpful and added so much to the day! The reception music is important but the music he helped us hand select for the ceremony was my favorite part! It was so emotional. He is a true professional and I am so happy to have had him a part of our special day! You will have no worries with dj Ken for your wedding. He was so fun- bringing a few surprises to the reception like maracas, and a sign. Highly suggest to anyone in the southwest Florida area!

Sent on 08/22/2015

Liz,
    Thank You so much for the wonderful review. I had just as much fun as you and Lee did. All of your friends and family were so awesome to party with. I still have the photo from the photo booth with Lee and his UK buddies. They kept on saying I look like Ricky Gervais? Not sure about that, but anyways.
    It was fantastic to meet both of you, and I hope if you make it back to SW Florida, we can get a hot cocoa at Dunkin Donuts!!! Blessings DJ Ken

Sadie · Married on 07/31/2015

Last month, my family and I were fortunate enough to experience a gathering with one another in Marco Island, FL. We came together from all over the US for one weekend. We attended an event together and had DJ Ken hosting our celebration. Not only was he professional, but he was personable and accommodating. His music selection was the perfect mix of fun, and appropriate dining music. Everyone had the time of their lives and we finished the night off with a hysterical and theatrical round of karaoke with Ken. He took requests and made sure each individual was having a blast. I recommend DJ Ken to everyone for any type of event. It was a pleasure meeting with him and making him an honorary family member for the night!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Sadie,
    Thank You so much for the kind words. I had a blast at your quad-birthday party on the Princess.
    I so enjoyed dancing with your Grandma Jackie. She is the most wonderful woman!
    Please keep in touch!!!
    BLessings Ken

Kristen · Married on 07/17/2015

Southwest florida entertainment did an absolutely fantastic job at our wedding! DJ ken was amazing with my family, and played games that involved everybody and really got the entire group dancing and enjoying themselves---he even stayed for an extra hour for us!!!

I would highly recommend his services for any special occasion. He really made our wedding day perfect.

Sent on 07/25/2015

SW FLORIDA ENTERTAINMENT's reply:

Kristen, Your party was absolutely amazing. The fact that we partied from 12 noon until 7pm in Cape Coral is astounding. You and Brad make such a cute couple.
    I am so glad I meet your Mom and she decided to hire us for your wedding. We had so much fun.
    Blessings all the way to Honolulu!!!!!

Meghan · Married on 06/13/2015

DJ Ken and Keith were truly amazing. We met with Ken a few times to go over all the details of our wedding. We had 170 guests at our wedding and he told us that was the biggest wedding he had done so far. He brought extra speakers, lighting, and everything he needed to make sure that our entire ceremony and reception was heard by all the guests. He fitted my husband with a microphone that was 360 degrees so that I did not have to hold one or have a head piece to do my vows, I could just speak into his. He fitted our officiant with a headpiece so that she did not have to hold one either. He integrated the music into the ceremony perfectly so that the flow was exact. He was very detail oriented and everything for our ceremony and reception turned out amazing. For the reception he was very interactive with our guests and there were so many people on the dance floor having a blast that it was completely filled the whole night. After the wedding everyone talked about how it was the best wedding they had ever been too, thanks to DJ Ken and Keith. Keith was truly amazing as well, he went around and took pictures and video of our event. He captured so many moments that I didn't even know existed. They were an extraordinary team and I know our wedding was a huge success because they were a part of it. Thank you so very much for helping to make our day PERFECT :)

Sent on 06/24/2015

Meghan,
    Thank You and Eric so much for having us at your most perfect day. Keith and I had a blast!! I think your family and friends are so wonderful!!
    Please keep in touch. Blessings DJ Ken

Shawnda · Married on 05/23/2015

We had so much fun at our reception! DJ Ken kept the crowd entertained for 6 hours. He and Keith did an amazing job and made it work within our budget. Please check him out!! Dennis and Shawnda

Sent on 06/10/2015

DAVID · Married on 05/22/2015

Ken did an amazing job at our wedding. He was very interactive and customized our music to perfectly fit our needs. It just took us 2 minutes on the phone with Ken to decide to go with him. Call him and you'll see what we mean. Strong 5 stars

Yvette and David.

Sent on 06/09/2015

SW FLORIDA ENTERTAINMENT's reply:

Hey David, Thank You so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure being the DJ/EMcee at your wedding. It also helped that you and I have like 99% the same taste in classic rock. RUSH ROCKS!!!

Kirsten · Married on 04/18/2015

DJ Ken and his son Cooper rock it out at our reception! They did an amazing job at our beach wedding proving the sound and music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception! They stayed later than expected at the reception just so we could keep dancing the night away! I would recommend DJ Ken to anyone who wants to have a fabulous time at your wedding!

Sent on 07/01/2015

SW FLORIDA ENTERTAINMENT's reply:

Kirsten, it is easy working with such wonderful people like yourself. Your father has a heart of gold, and was probably dancing more than anyone else that night.
    All your friends and family treated Cooper so nicely. He was very nervous about interacting with everyone, but he said he had a blast.
    I wish You and Matt all the happiness in the World.....You guys deserve it!!!!
    Blessings DJ Ken