SW Event Designers Reviews

95 | Woodbridge, VA

95 Reviews for SW Event Designers

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Rachel · Married on 09/18/2010

Susan was great to work with - she had unique, fun ideas and she was super-friendly. At my initial consultation, I had printed out some pictures of bouquets I liked, but really didn't have a strong idea of what I wanted the flowers for our wedding to be. She spent over an hour with me and helped me come up with ideas for flowers that I was really excited about. I had a few smaller last-minute changes which she easily and happily accomodated. Of course, I didn't really know what the flowers would look like on the wedding day, but they were absolutely spectacular! My wedding party was so excited to see them because they were so beautiful! I got many compliments on them throughout the night.

If I could put a 6th star for communication, I would! She usually responded to my emails within hours. I never waited more than a day for a response.

There is no way I could have had such beautiful flowers within my budget anywhere besides SW Floral Design. Run, don't walk, to get your flowers done by Susan!

Sent on 09/23/2010

C · Married on 09/05/2010

Susan was fabulous. She was incredibly nice, and I felt very comfortable working with her. She was incredibly friendly and super flexible - I had a small budget and a bit of a non-traditional theme - and she made it happen. She was also great about any small changes that had to happen along the way and was very responsive and on top of things. I'm definitely recommending her to my friends who are getting married soon :)

She also did the flowers for my sister's wedding and did a fabulous job with them - they captured the modern elegant vibe that my sister was going for :)

Sent on 09/10/2010

Mindi · Married on 07/03/2010

When I met with Susan, I had a specific idea of what I wanted for my bouquet (red roses, white tulips, and yellow cala lillies) and an overall idea of what i wanted for the ceremony and reception. Susan guided me in defining and finalizing the rest of the flowers. Although I couldn't picture it, I trusted her to bring it to life.

She accommodated change requests (nix the aisle petals, extra corsages, add flowers to the cake, etc.) so easily that it was absolutely painless. All I had to do was send an email when I wanted a change, and she would respond. This is the way things are supposed to work. Lovely.

I hadn't given much direction on the ceremony flowers - just said "red, yellow, white with green filler." Her vision was dead-on perfect. The flowers were stunning! Absolutely stunning. I'll be sending Susan pictures when I get them so that she can add them to her portfolio. My bouquet and the bridesmaids' bouquets were beautiful, too. Of course, I'm biased because I picked them. ;o)

Oh, and the price was unbeatable. The best bargain of my whole pre-wedding experience!!!! I'd use Susan again for other events and would highly recommend her. Easy to work with, excellent prices, and great creativity and vision - she's everything you could possibly want in a florist! Just trust in her as the expert.

Sent on 07/21/2010

Courtney · Married on 04/23/2010

We just got married on 5/22/10 and Susan was our florist. She was so great and easy to work with, and she was very responsive. She always responded to any questions I had immediately, which is so helpful when trying to keep everything organized. On the day of our wedding, she was setting up and our cake was there. I had forgotten to talk with her about bringing flowers to decorate our cake, so the cake was completely bare. She ended up making it work after moving a few things around, and it looked amazing! The centerpieces, bouquets and all decorations were just beautiful and I had numerous people comment on how great everything looked. I highly recommend working with Susan. She is wonderful!

Courtney

Sent on 06/06/2010

Wendy · Married on 04/17/2010

I found Susan of SW Floral Design via Wedding Wire and I was excited to work with her! She responds in a quick manner and can give you an estimate on the spot and give you suggestions, etc. You can also look through her portfolio for ideas and things that she has done. I will have to say that I was pleasantly surprised the way all of my floral arrangements turned out. I knew some of the flowers I wanted and she was able to incorporate those into a more beautiful arrangement than I had imagined. Having worked with a floral shop, I will say that I will never do that again! When I did the justice of the peace wedding (a quickie since my husband was deploying overseas), I wanted a mini calla lily bouquet. The floral shop wanted $500! Needless to say, I didn't get it. But when we had the actual ceremony a year later, I got it and Susan only charged $100! SW Floral Design arrangements are absolutely beautiful and more cost effective. The arrangements are definitely top quality and do not look "homemade" or like a do-it yourself type kit. I highly suggest SW Floral Design and Susan is absolutely wonderful to work with. She even sends reminders when deposits are due (for all you busy brides!). At the end of our reception, we told guests they could take the flower arrangements home - and they went quick! We had guests asking for the bouquets too! Flowers used for my wedding include mini calla lilies, peonies, hydrangeas, tulips, roses, gerbera daisies, stargazer lillies and much more. If I ever need floral arrangements for an event, SW Floral Design is my go-to!

Sent on 04/29/2010

Emily · Married on 03/13/2010

The bouquet Susan made for me was perfect. She was easy to work with and very prompt with e-mail correspondence. When an issue arose with the availability of one of my flower choices she resolved it while maintaining my budget, which was greatly appreciated! Thank you, Susan!

Sent on 03/22/2010

Daron · Married on 11/14/2009

I loved SW Floral, they did an amazing job with my flowers and were able to change my order last minute when I decided on something else. The day of the wedding things were set up and more beautiful than I had imagined.

Sent on 05/18/2010

Emily · Married on 11/07/2009

SW Floral Design provided beautiful flowers for our wedding. The centerpieces were creative and well put together. My bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets were perfect. Susan did a great job using our colors (red and brown) and gave the arrangements a fall tone. Susan was always responsive to my emails and questions and had everything ready in plenty of time on our wedding day. A few weeks prior to the wedding, I asked Susan to change the flower colors and she quickly sent me new pictures and had no trouble with the changes. SW Floral designs provides great service, beautiful flowers and at a very reasonable price.

Sent on 11/13/2009
  • mishaun

mishaun · Married on 10/24/2009

Susan was a pleasure to work with! She was very patient and worked with our schedule. We don't know a lot about flowers so Susan sat with us and reviewed many different types of flowers to create the picture we were looking for. She was also flexible and allowed us to set a payment schedule and change our order if we thought of something we liked better.

Susan was very professional and her costs were cheaper than any other vendor we contacted. The day of our wedding, Susan was on time and set up our centerpieces. The bridesmaids bouquet and my bouquet were absolutely gorgeous! We couldn't have asked for a better florist and would highly recommend her services!

Sent on 11/14/2009

Rebecca · Married on 10/11/2009

The flower bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres for my daughter's wedding were gorgeous. Susan took the time to listen. make suggestions, and work with us for what we wanted. We couldn't have been happier with the results! Thank you so much for making a special day even more beautiful. The wedding was a small one but we received as much consideration and attention to detail as if it were a much bigger one.

Sent on 10/21/2009

Danielle · Married on 10/10/2009

Susan and her team did such an amazing job at my wedding. I sincerely appreciate all her help to get my incompetent catering crew moving during the ceremony site set up. If she was not there, things would have been a lot worse. Not only was she great in that aspect, but the flowers were absolutely vibrant and gorgeous!!! It put the perfect finishing touch to my decor and color scheme!! Thank you yet again Susan:)

Sent on 12/09/2009

Elizabeth · Married on 09/19/2009

Wow!! Wow!! Susan is amazing. When I first looked at vendors I initially went another route. What a mistake. When I decided to go another way I found Susan. My flowers were beautiful!! I had a difficult color of green but Susan made it work. The flowers were so fresh and beautiful. They stayed in tact all the way to the end of the reception. Susan was always there with great ideas and really helped me in every way. Even the little accents like the acorns on the mirror really pulled my wedding theme together. Susan was immediate in all her responses and is super warm and friendly. I didn't think anyone could have done such a phenomenal job but Susan proved me wrong!!!

Sent on 09/21/2009

Ann · Married on 08/08/2009

I am so happy to have been referred to SW Floral Design. Susan was an absolute pleasure to work with -- she was extremely helpful in helping me choose colors and creative arrangements. Her prices were also very reasonable, and she was flexible when I needed to alter details/change order #s as the date got closer. The centerpieces and bouquets were absolutely gorgeous - all of my guests commented on them. SW Floral was one of the most pleasant and reliable vendors I worked with - you can't go wrong.

Sent on 08/25/2009

Laura · Married on 08/02/2009

I was in utter amazement with the beautiful wedding flowers SW Floral Design created! I absolutely loved the bouquets! When I met with Susan she was extremely helpful and listened to my ideas. Susan is very responsible and reliable. I had no worries with anything regarding wedding flowers. I had a vision and Susan exceeded my dreams! I also loved the wreaths she made for the church doors, and the guys had AWESOME flowers as well! I wish I could have saved all of the floral arrangements Susan created! Thank you very much Susan, you made out day very special!
    -Laura Schumacher

Sent on 11/06/2009

Tristan · Married on 07/18/2009

Susan was one of three florist that I originally met with. Right away she made me feel comfortable and understood exactly what I was describing. She really makes you feel special, as she does not overbook her weekends with numerous brides. She was also a great value since she works out of her home and not a florist shop.

On the day of my wedding, I was ecstatic with how my bouquet, as well as the bridesmaids bouquets turned out. After the ceremony was over, I realized that the flower girl didn't carry the basket that Susan and I discussed. I found out later, that this was because the little flower girl was too small for the basket and was dragging it instead of carrying it. Luckily, there was a small bouquet of flowers that Susan also dropped off with the flower girl supplies. This was great thinking because she wasn't distracted by the heavy basket and ran down the aisle with a smile! Everyone agreed that the simple centerpieces at the reception really made the venue pop. I was a little thrown off by the color of the flowers as I thought they would be a little more on the pink side, but the pictures look beautiful. I heard guests were scrambling to be the ones to take those home with them at the end of the night!

I would recommend Susan. She was one vendor I could trust during the planning process to make everything go smoothly.

Sent on 08/01/2009

Priscilla · Married on 06/06/2009

Susan has such great taste. I love the way she listened to my days dream and was able to immediately offer suggestions. She had pictures to share. Her professionalism and customer service was excellent. I felt safe with her the moment I left her home. Knowing that I did not have anything to worry about because she loves her profession and is very good at it. I would recommend her above all! Thanks Susan!

Sent on 06/15/2009

Deborah · Married on 05/09/2009

Susan did an amazing job on the flowers for my wedding! They came out beautifully! Susan was extremely flexible with her time and worked very closely with me to not only figure out what kind of flowers I wanted but the exact color shades I wanted, even up to the week before my wedding. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/15/2009

Laura · Married on 06/07/2008

We had a great experience with Susan. She took the time to listen to what I wanted and made it happen. I would highly recommend her work!

Sent on 11/05/2008

Elizabeth · Married on 11/10/2007

SW Floral Design helped to bring my ideas to life. The floral arrangements were beautiful and fit the occassion perfectly. She was able to work with us if we needed some suggestions. Once everything had been determined, we could step back and enjoy the rest of the preparations, knowing that our flowers were in the perfect hands! Her creativity and love for floral design is obvious in the work that she does.

Sent on 09/04/2008

Anna · Married on 06/23/2002

Susan was absolutely awesome to work with. She worked with me to find an affordable way for me to have these AMAZING manzanita centerpieces that otherwise, and according to EVERY other florist I spoke with would be totally out of my budget. Susan thought outside the bo and made it happen. The result was magical and beautiful and didn't totally bust my budget. SW floral design rocks my socks of. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/01/2012

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you Anna! I wanted to point out to anyone reading the reviews that this wedding was actually this past June (2012, not 2002). I appreciate your nice words Anna!

Stephanie · Married on 04/26/2014

Susan is just the sweetest thing and so wonderful to work with. It was like involving a family member. She is so invested in making sure your event goes well. The flowers were beautiful-- she made every Pinterest inspiration come to reality the day of! My breath was taken away walking into my reception. Wonderful and plan to use her again in the future myself!

Sent on 04/28/2014

The roses looked fantastic in the bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces. She did an amazing job.

Sent on 11/23/2013

Susan was amazing to work with. In planning our wedding, my hubby and I didn't want to go too heavy on the flowers as we had a sort of industrial vibe going on. No order was too small for Susan, which was a problem we had run into with other florists. The cost was VERY reasonable and the flowers were breathtaking. The only thing that was a bit of a bummer is that my daughter's pomander ball started to fall apart from the strings that held it. It was okay though, as she just carried it in her arm...and it actually looked really sweet that way. I would highly suggest Susan as she was very flexible and patient with us. Thank you for helping our day become a success!

Sent on 04/24/2013

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you for the nice review! I apologize for the pomander problem - sometimes it is best to use silk flowers vs. fresh because the weight of the fresh flowers (and wet oasis) is often too heavy. I'm glad it looked alright having her carry it on her arm! Best wishes to you all!

Susan was great to work with. She provided great advice and was flexible. Also, her prices tend to be lower since she works out of her home. You get the same quality as going to a florist shop since she orders her flowers from the same place. She was reliable and responsive. She did forget to bring some rented vases to the reception location, but in the end, it wasn’t a big deal.

Sent on 09/26/2012

Sandra · Married on 03/31/2012

Susan is super nice and easy to work with. She's understanding about budget and gave us exactly what we wanted. The bouquets were beautiful and large, and she gave us plenty of flowers to put on the cake. The centerpieces were elaborate and she did a great job setting it all up. The planning process was smooth and we totally trusted her with our vision. And she did a wonderful job executing it.

Sent on 04/27/2012

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you! I enjoyed working with both of you over the past year. I think your flowers were beautiful and I cannot wait to see your photos!