Sutography Photo and Video Reviews

Sutography Photo and Video 5
Sutography Photo and Video 6
Sutography Photo and Video 7

Heidi · Married on 03/13/2010

Thank you Sutography! We hired Sutography to photograph our March 2010 wedding and couldn't be more pleased with our decision. From start to finish, they were pros. My husband and I interviewed several photographers and finally chose Holly and Mat because we liked the idea of working with a husband and wife team. We also felt that they were far and above the best value for the cost.

On the big day, Holly and Mat did an amazing job of keeping the day running smoothly all while getting amazing photos. They managed to get the shots they needed and corral our friends, family, and curious pedestrians all while being a pleasure to work with. I also appreciated how quickly they managed to capture all of the posed shots. Post-ceremony the wedding party was ready to have fun so we were thrilled when they actually finished photos early and we had time to enjoy some of cocktail hour.

When we got the photos back (in a very timely manner I might add!), we were reminded again of how happy we were with our choice. Holly and Mat managed to catch the best moments of our wedding and also took some of the most beautiful posed shots I have ever seen. They also had great insight into locations around San Diego that would be good for photos.

We truly could not be happier with our decision to work with Holly and Mat. They were our favorite of all the vendors we chose and our friends and family also couldn't stop raving about them. Your wedding day is in good hands with these two!

Sent on 04/29/2010

darcy · Married on 03/06/2010

I have recommended Sutography to friends, and will be looking forward to using them for family portraits, and anything we do that will require a photographer.

Sent on 04/21/2010

kristi · Married on 11/08/2009

Holly and Mat are awesome! Not only are they amazing and very talented photographers...they are so much FUN to work with. We are so glad we went with Sutography!! ps- our wedding pictures turned out AMAZING...we are thrilled with them!

Sent on 12/21/2010

Shaneque · Married on 09/19/2009

Holly and Mat were great to work with! They were very flexible and accomodating to my wedding day needs, which made me confident and relaxed with my choice to have them as my wedding day photographers. Their finished product was artistic, professional and done in a timely manner. I especially appreciated the fact that they made my husband and I feel comfortable during our shoots, as well as make sure that they caputured all of our important momemts. I highly recommend Sutography, as for they are a fun, talented couple to work with.

Sent on 02/24/2010

Jackie · Married on 09/18/2009

You wont be dissapointed with Sutography! Not only are they incredibly talented but they are the nicest people you will meet. Hiring Matt and Holly was probably the best thing we did for our wedding because now we have the most gorgeous pictures for the rest of our lives that we can look back on. We had the hardest time choosing 200 pictures out of 1500...yes thats right they took 1500 pictures...for our album. Each picture was such a difficult decision because for every picture we chose there were 20 others we loved just as much!
    Do your self a favor and hire them because it will be one of the best decisions you make!

Sent on 06/04/2010

Vanessa · Married on 09/12/2009

Very creative perspectives and great husband and wife team. I see their business growing fast and becoming very well known in the wedding market place.

Sent on 02/23/2010

Beth · Married on 09/05/2009

The photos turned out better than i could have imagined! They were directive when necessary and blended into the background when necessary. Our pictures came back quickly and they were so professional!

Sent on 02/28/2010

Melissa · Married on 07/19/2009

I had to pick a photographer for a destination wedding. Imagine how hard it can be to do that without ever meeting someone. I found Sutography by chance and it was the best thing that could have happened! Holly was amazing from the beginning and worked with me to set plans for the big day. As for the wedding day, words can't even describe how happy we were with Holly and Mat. They are amazing photographers as well as people! They are down to earth and a pleasure to work with. They make a stressful day a breeze. When I first saw the photos they took, I looked at them 10 times a day...I still constantly look at them! They captured the day perfectly! They are both truly AMAZING AND WONDERFUL! If you are looking for the best...you find it in them!

Sent on 11/05/2009

Paige · Married on 06/28/2009

Picking a photographer for our wedding was so important to us, just because we had heard so many horror stories from family and friends when it came to their wedding photographers. Sutography was an answer to prayer and more than we could have ever asked for.
    To begin, we were planning a San Diego wedding from Washington state. Mat and Holly agreed to do a consultation with us via webcam. We loved them immediately! Our decision was easy to use them as our photographer. Through the months leading to the wedding, Holly always responded to my emails within 24 hours if not sooner!
    Since we were so far away, my husband and I were going to opt out of the engagement session that is included in Sutography's wedding packages. However, Sutography was so flexible with our schedule and arranged for a session with us the week of our wedding and I am so glad we did it! Mat and Holly made us so comfortable and were so easy and fun to work with, not to mention I will treasure the experience of that day and the pictures forever.
    For what they put into each event, the time, the planning, the consulting...you get more than you paid for!
    If at all possible, I will use them for any professional photography we need in the future...even if that means a trip to CA to do so! They are worth it!

Sent on 02/28/2010

Sarah · Married on 05/30/2009

Sutography was an absolute pleasure to work with and were very accomodating to our needs. I would use their services again and highly recommend them. I could not be happier with the results and have received many, many compliments on our pictures.

Sent on 12/05/2009

Kelly · Married on 05/24/2009

Holly and Matt are so great to work with! She did my sister's wedding, my wedding and is now doing my step-sisters wedding. They are such a pleasure to work with, very organized, understand the process, and have the most beautiful end product. I also love the way they organize the photos on their website making it so easy to navigate through all of them.

Thank you for making this such a fun and easy part of our wedding!

Sent on 11/08/2009

Desirae · Married on 05/02/2009

Sutography was amazing! Most brides and even grooms know how stressful wedding planning and the days leading up to the wedding are. Sutography made sure everything was taken care of, above and beyond. I had full trust in them and they made everything perfect! They are great people and very personable to work with. They have the best prices around, and have the best quality work. I would recommended them to everyone!

The Scott's
    Married May 09

Sent on 11/04/2009

Matt · Married on 04/24/2009

Holly and Mat were fantastic. They started by taking us to Balboa Park for our engagement photos. All of the shots were great. They both have a great eye for artistic shots, lighting, etc... They captured an unbelievable shot of us in front of the fountain after the sun went down.
    Our wedding was at the Bali Hai in Point Loma. Holly worked together with us to time out the entire day so there was no stress. They arrived early to photograph Lori while she was getting ready and arranged to meet me by a cool statue by the water. We decided to do most of our pictures before the ceremony because we wanted to spend as much time as we could celebrating with our friends and family. The great thing was that Holly was able to create an event that was similar to watching my bride walk down the aisle. It was still very special seeing my bride walk down the aisle, but the meeting beforehand will also be remembered for the rest of our lives.
    The wedding was a whirlwind and most of the time we didn't even realize they were taking pictures...which I thought was great. We didn't want to be pulled away from having a good time to constantly take pictures. They were able to maintain a great balance. The feedback from our guests was great. Everyone loved the photographers!
    The end result was more than we could of hoped for. The photos of us were great along with excellent photos of our friends and family. The album that they designed will be cherished for years to come. We highly recommend their services. Thanks Holly and Matt!

Matt & Lori

Sent on 08/21/2010

Lori · Married on 04/24/2009

Holly and Mat photographed our wedding last year and they were simply awesome. They also did an amazing engagement photo session at Balboa Park, and designed gorgeous albums with our engagement photos (which we used partially as a guest book at the reception), and a really cool album with our wedding photos which sits on our coffee table and is always met with "oohs and aahs." They designed two smaller albums which we gave to our mothers for the holidays--huge hits (and elictied a few tears of joy too!)

Being a team of two, Holly and Mat capture all the moments--from various angles. It's like reliving the experience all over again when we look at our photos. They are both down to earth, nice people, but also organized and know how to get the job done (and corral crazy relatives who you may have in some of your family shots;) ) In advance of the big day, Holly helped me come up with the categories of shots and she developed a time line, that ensured everything moved smooth and all the specific photos I wanted were included. I highly recommend them! In fact, we're hoping they will do photos for the birth announcement for our son due next month;)

Sent on 08/23/2010

Lois · Married on 04/18/2009

I am very satisfied with Sutography. Holly and Mat are great to work with and most importantly, the pictures are AMAZING! I love the pictures from my wedding, but the pictures from other weddings on their website are also very impressive. Holly's high energy and Mat's gentle personality works out very well. Plus, they continue to work with you after the wedding for the album and other services. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed working with them. I strongly recommend them to any couple!

Sent on 11/07/2009

Kristen · Married on 12/31/2008

LOVED them!! Our pictures turned out beautiful and Holly and Mat were so attentive during the wedding. It was also nice to have the engagement session because we got to know them and feel comfortable with them before the wedding. So far, ordering our products has been painless. I would recommend them most highly out of all or our wedding vendors.

Sent on 02/19/2009

REBECCA · Married on 12/13/2008

Fabulous job, very professional. They go out of their way to get the best shots and have the most unique ideas! HIGHLY recommended!

Sent on 02/19/2009

Emily · Married on 07/12/2008

We were very pleased with our pictures and have received many comments on how beautiful our pictures and album are. Sutography was very professional and were enjoyable to work with.

Sent on 02/20/2009

amanda · Married on 05/22/2008

Sutography provided great serivice and professionalism. Even my guest were commenting on the effort they put forth. Not only was I happy with the service, the pictures turned out better than I could have asked! I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 11/04/2009

Diana · Married on 06/10/2006

I was MORE than pleased with the service and products Sutography offered. It is truly hard for me to put into words how perfect our wedding moments were captured. I would recommend that EVERYONE book with these incredible photographers as quickly as you can because with the talent and skill they provide....you don't want to miss out! I also did a trash the dress shoot with them after the wedding, and what fun that was...I think every bride should indulge!! THANKS HOLLY AND MAT! The Harrell's LOVE YOU!!!!

Sent on 03/09/2010

Chris · 0000-00-00

Holly and Mat have been such a pleasure to work with. Their creativity and passion for their craft is immeasurable.

We chose a package that included an engagement session. They made the process so easy while incorporating everything we had to have. They work exceptionally well together and have their processes down. We had numerous people ask who did our engagement photo session. The pictures were phenomenal! We have yet to get the wedding pictures and video back, but based on the sneak peek we just received, I can only imagine they will be as amazing as the engagement session.

Don't waste your time calling anyone else. We called a ton of places and this is easily the best quality and they are very reasonably priced. My only regret is that I wish we had called Sutography first.

Holly and Mat, thank you guys so much for capturing our special moments!

Chrissy and Chris

Sent on 09/07/2017
  • Jenny

Jennifer · Married on 10/04/2013

Sutography was great! They were professional and made sure both my husband and I were comfortable. They were great with ideas and organizing the families. I was very happy when I got all my pictures back. Thanks so much!

Sent on 07/12/2014

Holly and Mat are amazing. Our pictures and video turned out better than we could have ever imagined! We loved how energetic Holly was and she was great giving us direction when we needed it! She made us feel so comfortable and she also did such a great job of just capturing us in our natural state, those were some of the best pictures! Mat was so great at making sure he got the perfect footage for what he needed for the video and he made all the video clips flow together smoothly in the video! They were so much fun to work with and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a great photographer and videographer!

Sent on 11/08/2012

Tietjen · Married on 07/17/2010

Sutography is wonderful. Mat and Holly and easy to work with, professional and the quality of their work is excellent. They have photographed my wedding, both my step-sisters' weddings, and will photograph my brother's wedding next year. What more can I say? My entire family loves Sutography!

Sent on 10/17/2010

Amber · Married on 06/12/2009

Holly,

You did a great job! My photos turned out great! I love how you were able to add a few that my bridesmaids took of us getting ready to the album. You always responded to my emails very quickly. Overall you took most of the pictures that I had asked you to and you did it in a very timely matter! Thank you for all your time and hard work. I am really glad I chose you as my photographer! I just wished you still lived around here for I can recommend you to other ladies I know that are getting married! Thanks a bunch!

Sent on 01/10/2010