Sussex County Florist Reviews

42 Reviews for Sussex County Florist

• Jasmine

Jasmine T. · Married on 03/15/2020

Breathtaking work!

Valerie made my ideas come to life even better and brighter than I could have ever imagined. I am so, so, SO incredibly overjoyed to have found someone as talented, knowledgeable, and kind as Val to be my florist.

Valerie had truly the best suggestions to enhance my ideas. She asked all the right questions and got answers out of me I didn’t even know I had. She went above and beyond in obtaining the flowers that I requested, and when she couldn’t get them she had plenty of equally gorgeous alternatives available. Valerie had the space and more to store my 300+ bud vases, and day-of delivery was seamless. Her attention to detail is impeccable - just watch her match ribbons to dresses and you’ll know you’re in the hands of someone who has long mastered color theory. Even my husband was impressed during our first meeting with Valerie, and he couldn’t care less about flowers (or wedding planning)!

EVERYONE gushed about how beautiful the wedding flowers were, including the photographer, venue, makeup artist, hairstylist, and guests. I was absolutely floored when they were delivered and only wish I had more time to thank Valerie in person for her artistry. Valerie took my passing comment during our final meeting about liking two-toned flowers and created the most beautiful bouquets I have EVER seen. The bud vases lining the tables had the cutest selection of flowers, and the sweetheart table centerpiece was just as breathtaking.

Just take a look at the photos and see for yourself! And if my exact style isn’t to your liking, trust that Valerie will tailor her work to match AND elevate your vision.

Sent on 04/04/2020

Natalie · Married on 09/06/2018

Absolutely Stunning!

I would 100% recommend Sussex County Florist! Rene went out of her way to help me find the perfect flowers to really make my wedding shine! She was always available for phone conversations if I had any questions, and between the centerpieces, the bouquets, the altar flowers and the sweetheart table they truly outdid themselves and I cannot rave enough about how beautiful they were!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Christi · Married on 10/07/2017

Let's start with 5 stars are not enough! I got married in September and was so nervous for what my flowers would look like and when I got to my wedding they were even better then what I imagined. They went above and beyond for my wedding and I could not thank them enough. I got so many complements on my flowers. They were so nice and accommodated me so much. I live in Long Island but had my wedding up there. Every person I talked to at this place was nicer then the next. Thank you guys so much for making my day extra amazing!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Kiersten · Married on 09/08/2017

Working with Sussex County Forest was an absolute joy. I waited a bit longer than I should have to order and was at times difficult to get a hold of, but threw it all they were consistent and on top of everything and sweet at could be the whole time. I wanted flowers that were a bit out of the ordinary and I was floored when I saw what they put together on the day of my Wedding. They were PERFECT! Exactly what I wanted and more...definitely more. I am still getting compliments from guests about how cool they were. Myself and my bridesmaids were thrilled as well. So happy I got the opportunity to work with you guys and I will certinly refer you and be using you again in the future. Nothing but good things to say here.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Melissa · Married on 04/21/2017

I was so happy with the Sussex County Florist. They met with me right away as a walk in, and were so sweet and helpful. I think they were more excited about my flowers than I was! They were absolutely beautiful and perfect!

Sent on 04/29/2017
  • Maritza

Maritza · Married on 09/10/2016

I don't think I can express how incredibly happy I am that I worked with Valerie for my wedding! I had spoken to a few other florists who I felt were not as personable as she was. From the moment I spoke to her on the phone, I could tell how passionate she is about this business and I really felt like she understood the vision I had for my wedding. We only met once as I don't live near by but Valerie was able to show me the different flower ideas she had for me and we were able to work together on the little details. The day of the wedding, I was absolutely amazed at how beautiful our centerpieces and bouquets were - they were truly better than I could have ever imagined. Valerie was able to recreate my bouquet from a photo I had shown her with artificial flowers and it was stunning! On top of all of this, her prices are very reasonable and she was flexible with timing the day of the wedding. Thank you again Valerie!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Stephanie · Married on 06/18/2016

Sussex County Florist was recommended to me by my photographer Anthony Ziccardi. I scheduled a meeting with Valerie and she was very warm and welcoming. She is very passionate about her work and will be completely honest with you if you have an idea that she doesn't think will work and will provide you with an alternative, TRUST HER SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE'S DOING!. I knew from my first meeting with her that she would do a beautiful job. The day of the wedding when we received our flowers they far exceeded my expectations. They were absolutely stunning!!!! I highly recommend hiring Sussex County Florist for your big day because they are excellent!!!!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Marianne · Married on 11/01/2015

Valerie was amazing to deal with. The flowers were gorgeous and very reasonably priced. She knew exactly what I wanted and did a beautiful job. She showed up early at the venue and set up everything perfectly.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Amy · Married on 10/11/2015

Valerie was WONDERFUL! When I met with her the first time, I had no idea what kind of flowers I wanted, but knew the look i was going for. She listened, made great recommendations, and had TONS of photos to show me for inspiration. She took the time to explain everything, and to get to know me as well! When we went for our final consultation she made sure we were comfortable with the exact colors everything was going to come out. She took a swatch of the bridesmaid dresses to make sure it would look good, and even customized the ribbons on both our mothers' and grandmothers' outfits so they would match! She kept in contact with me and called when she had an idea to make our day even better! Everything was delivered on time and in perfect condition! Valerie really made our day stress free and beautiful! I can't say enough with how happy we were with our selection!!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Christine · Married on 12/13/2014

Valerie was absolutely amazing! We booked her the day we met her! She was so easy to talk to and to work with and her attention to detail and precision was so incredible! She had so many ideas and knew exactly what I was looking for and what I had envisioned for our wedding day. When we left after that initial appointment, I did not think I could be any more excited…. But then I went back to meet with her two weeks before the wedding – she showed me pieces that she had already started to put together, she showed me special pins and ribbon ideas she had come up with for our bouquets, and she came up with (on the spot) ideas for boughs to hang from the chairs going down the aisle. She truly was remarkable! Every piece that Valerie put together was exquisite! Our day was absolutely beautiful and it is greatly due to her! Thank you so much, Valerie!
    ~ Christine & Mike

Sent on 06/04/2015

Kathy · Married on 07/19/2014

They were the only florist that would confidently give me the flowers for my bridesmaids that i wanted (hydrangeas). She was very attentive and kept me in the loop along the way of making my bouquet. Absolutely amazing.

Sent on 09/18/2014

Sussex County Florist was the only florist we went to and immediately we knew that Valerie would exceed our expectations. We were right! When I told Valerie about our budget and all of the things we wanted to do related to our "book themed" wedding, she didn't skip a beat! My bridal bouquet was a beautiful and colorful arrangement just like I wanted. Last minute I even sprang the boutonnieres on her which I had planned to do myself and she was happy to accommodate us! The delivery went smoothly the day of with all of our flowers arriving on time, well packaged, and even included a few extras in case anything was damaged. Our centerpieces were understated and beautiful with our book arrangements on each table.

Thank you Valerie and Sussex County Florist! :)

Sent on 11/26/2014

Wonderful flowers, wonderful service, wonderful EVERYTHING! I would highly recommend Sussex County Florist for any event that requires floral arrangements. Val is the BEST!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Christina · Married on 04/12/2014

Val and the team made my wedding day perfect with the flowers!!! She went above and beyond to make sure I was happy!!!!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Danielle · Married on 11/02/2013

I never wanted Flowers for my wedding because as we all know-they die quickly! However... I was wrong!!! Valerie lives up to her reputation and indeed has the most beautiful flowers around! They lasted well beyond the time I expected and for weeks stayed in our vase on display! Valerie knew exactly what I wanted and down to every last detail made my wedding day even more special!! Very very very highly recommended to anyone looking for the BEST of the best!!!!

• lindsayjane1986

Lindsay · Married on 11/01/2013

For some reason, I waited until the last minute to order my wedding flowers. I have to say, Valerie went above and beyond to help me with my decisions. She never tried to turn me away, and I literally gave her a month and a half notice. My wedding flowers came out absolutely beautiful. I would recommend her shop to every bride I know!

Kaitlin · Married on 10/26/2013

My husband and I were married on October 26th and we had hired Sussex County Florist to handle all of our floral arrangements, in addition to some minor ceremony and reception decor (flower petals, ceremony-room arrangements, etc). First and foremost, Valerie is a sweetheart and she helped us to truly transform the dream vision we had for our flowers into a reality. We opted for the "Forever Young" roses, which are deep, blood-red roses, without any other complimentary or "filler" flowers. We used these roses as the only, main red hue found throughout our wedding theme of black, white, and blood-red. Everything from the bouquets and the centerpieces to the rose petals scattered about the venue were absolutely beautiful, to say the least. The arrangements were in pristine condition upon arrival and the flowers had bloomed perfectly; a number of our guests were thrilled to learn that they would be taking the roses home with them. I would absolutely recommend Sussex County Florist to any future bride searching for a floral vendor, especially considering that Valerie is such a pleasure to work with and she helps guide you through the planning process step-by-step. Truly, the perfect touch to our beautiful day!

Sent on 11/08/2013

Douglas A. · Married on 10/12/2013

Every expectation we had and discussed with Val was surpassed!!!! Val's understanding of what we wanted made us feel like she was a friend of our family for years. My family and I recommend Sussex Florist (Val) for any occasion where beautiful flowers and superb customer focus is wanted.

Jessica · Married on 07/12/2013

Valerie was amazing and I would recommend her to anyone. I had no idea what I wanted for my bouquet. I knew I wanted blue and white and that I didn't want roses. I went to our consultation not knowing much. I had an idea to use tulips and Valerie was completely honest with me and told me that tulips don't stand straight up and I'd have to use metal rods in the tulips to get the look I wanted. She showed me different options and came up with blue calla lilies. She showed me fake callas and had the amazing idea to dye them blue. She did it right on the spot and I knew instantly I had to have her do my wedding. The calla looked awesome and when she suggested having tulips around the callas I was sold. For my girls she suggested some callas for them too and it was great because we all got to keep our bouquets of callas as a memento. Valerie showed me all the different ribbon options and took the time to match the navy blue to that of my husbands dress blues and the added detail meant a lot. I wanted to have a red stripe down my bouquet to match my husbands uniform and Valerie had no problem with it, she was open to anything and more than willing to make exactly what I wanted. The day of the wedding Valerie delievered the flowers herself and it was a personal touch that just solidified my decision to have her as my florist. She was so easy and fun to work with, she was an essential part of my day and her work speaks for itself. I would recommend her to any bride :)

Michelle · Married on 06/29/2013

All the flowers and boutonnieres turned out beautifully!

Sent on 01/22/2014

Valerie did a great job with the flowers for my wedding. She was able to see my vision right from the start! I also really wanted my favorite flower (Peonies) as part of the decorations but she let me know they may not be in season/therefore not in my budget, but she would try to keep an eye out for them. Well on my wedding day I got a great surprise to see that she was able to find them and incorporate them in a beautiful way! The flowers for the ceremony and reception were more beautiful then i could have imagined!! I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/04/2014

Megan · Married on 06/09/2013

Valerie at Sussex county florist truly was a pleasure to work with! It took me so long to narrow down an idea for the flowers, there are so many beautiful flowers and color arrangements! She was patient and very informative about what flowers will look and hold up best for my summer outdoor wedding. I had given Valerie some room to play since i knew she would know best in the end. And then the wedding day came, and when i saw my flower arrangements i was totally blown away. The bouquets, not just mine, but the girls as well must have weighted 10lbs! They were large, gorgeous, and every flower was perfect! The center pieces, the pieces on the arch as well as on our sweet heart table were just amazing. I recommend Valerie to everyone i talk to, even if they are just picking up flowers as a gift.

Sent on 01/22/2014

Annmarie · Married on 04/06/2013

I cannot say enough about how amazing my flowers were for my wedding!! The time that Val spent with us to help us create the look we wanted, was invaluable. She ordered a bunch of different flowers that we had discussed using during our initial meeting, and then we got to go back to pick and choose which ones to put in the bouquets and centerpieces. After that meeting, I thought I had a pretty good idea of what the flowers would look like. But when she showed up to the hotel with them, I was floored. They were absolutely breathtaking!! I could not believe how perfectly she put together the idea I had in mind!
    She was also so incredibly easy to work with. I don't know how many times she had to follow up with us regarding details we had been undecided on. I am sure that was very frustrating for her, but I would have never known that, because any time we spoke, she was completely patient, calm, sweet, and always sounded so excited to be helping us with our wedding. Val is a true professional, which is proven through her attention to detail. Even the boxes that the flowers were delivered in, which would have made no difference to me, were covered in floral wrapping paper, making them professional and presentable.
    Val worked with us to stay within our budget, which was pretty low. And even though I realize most people likely spend much more than we did for wedding flowers, she treated us as if we were spending $10,000. I would highly recommend Sussex County Florist! Val, thank you for everything!! You were such a big piece of the puzzle that helped make our wedding day so amazing and perfect!! My bouquet is still alive and beautiful, and so is the centerpiece we brought home! Those were some of the biggest, most beautiful roses I have ever seen!

Sent on 04/09/2013

Liz · Married on 09/09/2012

The flowers from Valerie the owner of Sussex County Florist were nothing short of amazingly BEAUTIFUL!! It was the best experience . My son and daughter in law and I were so impressed with everything! Valerie made it all so easy. No stress at all! I would highly recommend Sussex County Florist! I promise that you will not be disappointed ! Everyone at the wedding complimented us on how beautiful the table decorations were, and the Roses she used were just Georgeous! Thanks Valerie!

Liz (mother of the groom)

Sent on 11/17/2012

Kate · Married on 07/14/2012

Sussex County Florist was such a great vendor to work with for my wedding! Not only did the flowers look phenomenal Valerie exceeded all expectations to make my dream wedding come true. When meeting with Valerie, she asks what you envision to make sure every detail is taken care of. Out of all the vendors I had the pleasure of working with, I did not have to make "check up" phones call with Valerie. She was very organized and on time with everything. I think the most important thing I can let other brides know is that Valerie treats each wedding as if it were her own. She is just as excited and wants it to be perfect, and after being in the business for many, many years you don't always come by people who give a 110% like it was their own wedding. I would recommend Sussex County Florist to all future brides!

Sent on 11/17/2012