{ Susie Chhuor Studios } Your Beauty Dream Team Reviews

123 Reviews for { Susie Chhuor Studios } Your Beauty Dream Team

1 User photo

{ Susie Chhuor Studios } Your Beauty Dream Team 1

Sarah · Married on 03/10/2018

I simply can't say enough positive things about Susie, her amazing work and most importantly, her sweet disposition! I would recommend her highly and without hesitation!

Sent on 01/18/2018
    { Susie Chhuor Studios } Your Beauty Dream Team 2

Lisa · Married on 08/28/2016

Susie and her team are amazing! She was very responsive, detailed, professional, and punctual. Before doing anything, she reviewed my pinterest board and asked to see my photographers website portfolio. I tried 6 different hairstyles and 2 different makeup looks that would be enhanced with the photographer's style. She is so seasoned and made everything so smooth and memorable. We had 5 Bridesmaids, 2 mothers, 2 flower girls, one groom and one happy bride. We looked awesome in our photos! :-)

Sent on 10/05/2016

I worked with Claire for my engagement shoot and wedding. My engagement shoot served as my makeup "trial" so I was very nervous since I don't get my makeup done professionally too often and I was scared I would end up looking like some girls in pictures where you can very clearly see the foundation caked on. But Claire's work was clearly top-notch. She did an amazing job and even though I was clearly wearing makeup it didn't look or feel like I was. And my engagement shoot pics? Incredible!

I later did a hair trial for my wedding and although I wasn't 100% happy (not Claire's fault but lack of being able to decide what I wanted), I knew that I was in great hands for the wedding. I did a little more research and based on my trial I made some tweaks and on the day of the wedding Claire was on board.

Claire and her assistant both did an amazing job on hair and makeup for me and 4 bridesmaids, and 2 moms (bridesmaids only got makeup). They even did some light touch ups on the moms and bridesmaids since they had been ready for a while by the time I was done. Everyone was very happy with their makeup and it lasted all through a long day of pictures/outdoor ceremony/outdoor cocktail reception and long night of dancing!

Sent on 05/15/2016

I had my hair and makeup done by Sophia and she's amazing!!! I am so happy about how my hair and makeup turned out on the big day. I didn't want too much makeup such that I don't look like myself on my wedding day. She was so talented, I LOVE everything she did... I learned a few things about contouring that I still use today as well :) From the beginning, Rachel at Susie Chhuor Studio was very friendly, organized, and attentive. I had some concerns in the beginning...both Rachel and Sophia worked together to address all of my concerns, so I had nothing to worry about on my wedding day. They're top notch salon and Sophia was INCREDIBLE! Thank you for making me feel (and look) beautiful on my wedding day :)

Sent on 10/28/2015

Lara · Married on 09/27/2014

I had my wedding and Susie did an AMAZING job! She really listens to what you want and worked with me on keeping a natural look that was still bridal and looked like me! I LOVED it and everyone complimented me on my hair and make up. I barely had to touch up the make-up and the hair stayed all day and night (11+ hours). I highly recommend Susie. She did my bridesmaid's hair and makeup and they looked wonderful. Her assistant did my other bridesmaids and we had one minor hiccup where Susie stepped in and fixed my maid of honor's hair, but it all worked out. I can't recommend Susie enough!

Sent on 10/04/2014

My hair and makeup person was PK Xiou from Susie Chhuor LLC and I couldn't be happier. She was able to do interesting and beautiful hair styles for me and my bridesmaids -- that makes a total of 5 looks. I couldn't be happier with PK. She was thoughtful, attentive, and had a sweet demeanor that made me feel relaxed and lovely on my special day. Thank you!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Melissa · Married on 05/25/2014

Loved out experience with Susie and her team. I specifically got to work with PK for my wedding trial and on the big day. She was extremely flexible and was able to fully grasp what it was that I wanted. She also dealt with the fact that I ended up completely changing my mind after my trial like a pro. I loved the way my hair and makeup came out on our wedding day so THANK YOU SO MUCH! All EIGHT of my bridesmaids turned out beautifully although one of the girls had a bit of an issue with her hairstyle. (It looked like a toupee at first!) That said, the team was more than accommodating to make all the fixes we requested to ensure she looked great walking down the aisle (she look gorgeous!). In terms of professionalism, Susie and her team were extremely responsive and willing to work within my budget. They were punctual for all appointments and very professional when working with me and my coordinator. Would highly recommend to any bride!

Sent on 06/01/2014

Susie · Married on 05/10/2014

I worked with Vanessa for our May 10, 2014 wedding at Trump National Golf Course, Los Angeles. She did a phenomenal job with my makeup and hair for the wedding. I normally do not wear makeup on a daily basis, but she gave me a very natural and effortless look and everyone loved my makeup. It is normally hard to find makeup artists who can do a great job with asian faces, but she did an amazing job. Thanks again Vanessa and Susie Chhuor Studios!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Jennifer · Married on 02/23/2014

They did excellent work. Trust them, they will make you look fantastic..

Sent on 02/27/2014

Michelle · Married on 02/16/2014

Vanessa is the best! I had no idea what I really wanted to look like at my wedding, so the preview session was super helpful. Vanessa worked with me to find the best hair and makeup. We managed to identify what we both liked and what could be improved. On the wedding day, Vanessa and Ruth arrived super early to make sure we have sufficient time to finish on time. My hair and makeup stayed perfect throughout the day. I was the most impressed by Vanessa's creativity. My hairpiece was made of cherry blossom branches, so it was quite heavy and big. Vanessa was able to incorporate it into the hair design and made it stay on. Sooooo many people complimented on my hair, and I gave all the credits to Vanessa! Ruth did all the hair design for my bridesmaids and two moms. We simply showed her a few pictures, and she quickly delivered beautiful results for all. To all the bride-to-be out there shopping for good make up artists, here is my recommendation. You should always be the center of focus for your big day, not your food or your decor. Therefore, while you are investing so much on your venue and catering, do not forget to invest on yourself, and trust me you will get the most value with Susie's team!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Maya · Married on 08/24/2013

Pa Kou made me beautiful on my wedding day! She was very sweet and easy to talk to. My family and bridal party looked amazing also. I've seen brides and bridesmaids have meltdowns about their hair and makeup. Not the case here. Susie Chhuor services made the process easy and stress-free from the beginning. Pa Kou was also very compassionate about her work. She wanted to make sure I looked my best and was excited when she saw how happy I was. I felt like I was sharing the moment with a friend and not an employee. Thank you for helping make my day so special!

Sent on 09/11/2013

My make-up and hair was beautiful! I had my whole bridal party and mom get hair and make up done too, and everyone looked beautiful! The artists were very professional and fun to work with but were also very calm, which helped keep the mood in the room fun but not anxious! The airbrush makeup is great bc it lasts all day and you won't get shiny even after dancing, the only con was my artist did strip eyelashes instead of individual, but other than that minor detail no complaints! They were great!!

Sent on 03/09/2015

anya · Married on 07/06/2013

I had a really great experience with this salon - everyone was very professional and Nicole was awesome and helping me arrange a rather complicated day where my BMs and I had our hair and makeup done at the venue, my mom and grandma at another location, and my FMIL and FSIlLs and FG at a third one, all at different times but on the same day. Each artist at each location arrived on time and everyone was please with their hair and makeup. My artist was Sunny and I have been happy with her work since my trial a while back and her assistant was Pa Kou and all my BMs looked gorgeous. My hair did run a little late and cut into picture time a bit, but with better planning it could have been avoided. Just make sure that as the bride you don't go last - that was our mistake, but it wasn't really anyone's fault.

Sent on 07/21/2013

Betsy · Married on 06/22/2013

I cannot recommend Jackie enough. My hair and makeup looked AMAZING!!! I work in the film business, so I was skeptical about what vendor would do as good a job as I had seen time and time again on celebrities (particularly since I don't have the best skin). But wow, Jackie was incredible, and she did a fantastic job on my sister's hair and makeup as well. HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 08/11/2013

Katrina · Married on 06/10/2013

If I could give Susie more than 5 stars, i would! Susie is an amazing makeup artist and hairstylist. She is very professional, punctual, and personable!

I was doing my search for hairstylists and make up artists from Washington, DC so I heavily relied on Yelp and FB reviews for bridal hair and makeup options available in SF. The reviews on this page are absolutely accurate. She emailed me the same day when I inquired about her services. It was a big plus that I was interacting directly with her and not with a salon assistant, so we instantly exchanged several emails with a photo of my dress and messages regarding the look that I wanted for my big day. This was very important since we didn't get a chance to do a trial.

On the day of my wedding, she was punctual and finished the job in a very timely manner. I was done 15 minutes earlier than the expected time, so I had more time to relax and not stress about being ready in time. I was Susie's 5th bride/client for the weekend, yet she was so energetic, bubbly, and did a fantastic job! Even without being able to do a trial, she gave me the look that I wanted just based on email convos and chatting about it briefly prior to starting the hair and makeup session on my big day. She made me look and feel beautiful all day! The hair and makeup stayed on perfectly even after all the wedding festivities have ended.

I am so happy with how everything turned out, and I know I made the right decision trusting Susie with my hair and makeup for my wedding day with no trial or anything! She is so talented and professional and went above and beyond my expectations. I hope to work with her again in the future and recommend her to any bride looking a simple, natural, yet elegant look! Look no further, Susie is your girl! Thanks so much for everything, Susie! You are amazing! :)

Sent on 12/08/2013

Thanks Nicole! Sunny was great to work with, she's very professional, personable, and most importantly does beautiful makeup! It held up the ENTIRE DAY AND NIGHT and photographed gorgeous. Sunny was on-time and so easy to work with on an otherwise hectic day. She was open and receptive to suggestions and changes and made sure everything looked as I wanted. I highly recommended Sunny to all my friends and have already decided to use her again for my sister's wedding.

Sent on 05/24/2013

Linda · Married on 03/30/2013

If you are looking to book a make-up artist, Susie Chhuor Hair and Make-up Studio is the place to go! If only I had found them when I was looking for makeup artists for my wedding. Instead, I had it done at a posh-ish salon that offered a variety of services (facial care, massage, hair, etc) thinking I could kill all birds with one stone - at a one-stop shop (I had also purchased a facial care package as well) - what I realized from that experience is that if you want someone for makeup, go to someone who SPECIALIZES in it (and for me, someone who knew how to work with Asian features).

I needed to find a makeup/hair artist to have my makeup/hair done for a photo shoot, and searched the internet for reviews. That was how I found the studio. After reading the reviews, I checked their website and Facebook page. Loved what I saw/read. Emailed them, and received a timely response from Nicole. The booking process was so efficient. I was paired with Jackie for a 7am appt.

She was prompt. I showed her makeup pics of what I wanted...and throughout the entire process, she made sure that I was comfortable with what she was doing. I had showed her several pics of hairstyles as I couldn't find one that captured exactly what I wanted, but she was able work with it and the end product was even better than what I had imagined.

The pictures came out really well. I got several compliments, esp. from my mom who is typically the greatest critic when it comes to makeup/hair. It was an all-in-all great experience, and I would definitely book with Jackie again in a heartbeat!

Look no further. You won't regret it.

Sent on 04/09/2013

Sunny, from Susie Chhuor Studios, did my makeup and hair for the Academy Awards this year, and did a fabulous job. I cannot say enough good things about her professionalism and the work that she did. I was so happy with my 'natural' makeup look which is hard to sometimes get across to makeup artists. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 03/12/2013

Suzy · Married on 02/23/2013

My wedding day finally arrived and Susie was there to make me and my bridesmaids look beautiful! She was scheduled to arrive at 7am and she got to my house right on time. She and her assistant Marsha worked wonders on us. I had 5 bridesmaids and I was especially interested in seeing what they could do to transform one of them in particular. One of my best friends is a complete tomboy. When I got engaged, she told me she would grow her hair out from her usual shaved head and she would put a dress on for me. By the time my wedding day arrived, her hair was a little longer than a pixie cut. I had requested that Susie do a faux updo on her. After Susie was done teasing and pinning her hair and Marsha was done with her makeup, my friend was a transformed woman! She was so pretty! Even her girlfriend said she wanted her to look like that more often.

All of my bridesmaids looked fabulous on my special day. Their hair and makeup looked flawless. One of my bridesmaids loved her makeup so much that she was excited to email Susie and Marsha after the wedding to get advice on how to recreate her look.

Now I'll discuss my experience. After all my bridesmaids were done, it was finally my turn to get beautified. Susie did both my hair and makeup. I was so relaxed with her because I knew she would make me look great. I had done 2 trials with her and she also did my hair and makeup for my engagement photos so I was confident in her skills. Plus she is simply a nice person. There's no ego, no arrogance. She is open to feedback and just wants her clients to be happy.

My hair and makeup turned out better than I had hoped for. I have to say that I looked pretty darn fabulous and I got so many compliments that day. My hair and makeup lasted the entire day (10:30am until 11pm) through the ceremony, windy outdoor photos, multiple wardrobe changes, reception and dancing. I am so grateful to Susie for making me a beautiful bride!

Sent on 05/05/2013

Kristine · Married on 11/14/2012

Amazing hair & make up stylists! I definitely recommend Vanessa. Very friendly, professional & knows what she's doing! Susie has amazing taste! Check them out & you will not regret it.

Sent on 11/22/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 09/01/2012

September 1, 2012 was a magical and glorious day and Sunny and Julie from Susie Chhuor deserve all the credit. The studio, and its artists, celebrate the beauty of each woman by highlighting her features in a very individual way. Sunny and Julie embodied this mantra with their artistry as manifested by their fantastic job with my five bridesmaids and me. Both our hair and makeup lasted all day long - and more importantly, we were all so very happy with their work.
    Nicole, the studio manager, is prompt in her reply and manages the studio impeccably.
    I offer my highest recommendation to Susie Chuor and its artists and am infinitely grateful to them for sharing in my wedding day.

Sent on 09/08/2012

Anna · Married on 07/21/2012

Susie did my hair and makeup for my wedding as well as the hair and make up for my mom and 3 bridesmaids on the day of the wedding! She is truly like Super Woman! Not only did she do it all herself, she also make the trek down to San Diego to do it! Everyone LOVED their look!

Working with Susie was truly a pleasure from start to finish. Nicole was super helpful and responsive in booking the trial runs and the day of wedding schedule. My trial with Susie went great but the best part was for the day of wedding, she had really studied the photos from the trial session and made some subtle changes that made me look even better! I love how she is confident with what she does and not afraid to make suggestions but also makes sure that you like the look. I don't normally wear much make up day to day and Susie did an excellent job making me look natural but accentuated my features! Especially for Asian brides out there, it's so hard to find a makeup artist that can work with asian skin tones/features and hair textures. Susie (and Sunny who did my engagement hair/makeup) are truly skilled at this and that is what makes them stand out! Best of all, Susie has such a great personality and really cares that her clients are happy with the results! I will no doubt always go to Susie and her girls for my hair and makeup needs!

Sent on 08/03/2012

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2012

I searched everywhere for a hair and make up artist for my wedding and I am so glad I found Susie! She is very sweet and easy to work with.

Susie did my hair and make up for my wedding and engagement shoot in San Francisco. I was extremely happy with it both times!

Susie did an amazing job on my wedding day. The hair was so detailed and classy. The make up was flawless and it lasted the whole day. I even had her come back to do a hair change before the reception and she completed everything on a tight schedule.

I felt so pretty and confident of my wedding day. I would definitely recommend her and use her service again in the future!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Pinki · Married on 01/29/2012

Susie Chhuor Hair did a great job on my hair and makeup for my wedding. Jackie, my stylist, was on time and very helpful. She also listened to what I wanted and made me look natural. I also had Jackie do my change of hair and makeup for the reception which was GORGEOUS. I don't normally get makeup or hair done, so this was a first time experience for me. They did an excellent job and I would definitely recommend their services for future brides.

Sent on 02/08/2012

Tina · Married on 01/14/2012

I had the most horrible experiences with makeup for my wedding until I met Susie. She was extremely talented and responded to my requests with ease. Her work made me look like a princess on my big day and I could not have thanked her enough. My husband and I had a budget for our wedding and the item I thought I could skimp on was makeup. I tried a cheaper option thinking it would leave me more margin for the important things like favors, food, venue etc. However, after having my trial session with Susie, I realized nothing really mattered as much as how the bride is presented on her big day. Photos are worth so much more than a thousand words and I realized I wanted to be remembered as a beaming, beautiful bride. It didn't matter how much my wedding favors were or if the steak was tasty enough. 10-20 years down the line, the pictures are what I will show to my children and I am so lucky to have had Susie perform her magic on me. Her airbrush techniques were flawless, she made my eyes and skin look bright and energized. The makeup she used did not give me any kind of adverse effects except being a bit sad when I had to remove it. Many of my guests commented on my makeup and told me I've never looked better. I am usually a dull person who never gets noticed in a crowd, I had my one day of beauty and it was all thanks to Susie and her team. Her prices are a bit on the high side but I think the end result is definitely worth the extra buck or two. If you are a bride like me and you hope to have a perfect wedding day, please take a moment to pamper yourself and ensure you make yourself beautiful. It really is very important! Afterall, its YOUR big day!

Sent on 03/19/2012