Susan's Couture Reviews

3 | Seattle, WA

3 Reviews for Susan's Couture

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2013

Susan redesigned my mom's 30-year-old vintage wedding dress for my wedding in April 2013. She was a pleasure to work with during every step of the process. We met several times throughout the project and my dress turned out GREAT! She combined my inspiration pictures and her many years of experience making wedding dresses and transformed my dress into a truly unique piece - she was able to make it a little more "me" while still keeping the original style overall. My mom LOVED what we did to it and said she liked it even better than when she wore it. I got so many compliments on it and am so happy that I decided to have it redone instead of buying a new one. My favorite things about working with Susan were 1. how passionate she was about what she does and how experienced she is, 2. how excited she was about my project, 3. her flexibility in scheduling fittings, and 4. her advice on all things wedding related. I would absolutely recommend Susan to anyone who is interested in redoing a vintage dress. I know she does alterations, veils, and jewelry as well.

Sent on 05/21/2013

Gabi · Married on 06/30/2018

0.4
      0.5

My sister dropped off her wedding dress in April and told Susan that her wedding date was June 30. My sister needed the bodice brought in, the straps shortened, the train minimized, and a bustle put in. Susan said the dress would be done by the end of April. End of April – Susan says the dress will actually be done at the end of May. End of May – Susan says it will be done the first week of June. My sister makes an appointment for the first week of June, where Susan says she just need to make some minor adjustments. My sister goes and tries on the dress. It has barely been worked on. My sister asks her to choose a date that her dress will be ready, but Susan would not establish an actual deadline. She says she still has 3 dresses to finish before she can get to my sister's dress and that their wedding dates are prioritized. My sister explains that this is why she provided the dress early, so that her dress would be prioritized. But Susan just says "that's not how that works sweetie". Also, Susan's cats keep coming in the room and are sitting on the wedding dress bag. The second week of June Susan tells my sister on a Monday that the dress is done and ready to be picked up on Thursday. On Thursday, once again it's not finished. Susan tells her an excuse about how another bride had an emergency with her dress that she had to resolve. Still doesn't explain why she said the dresses were done. Susan promises that the dress will be done by Monday. Monday the dress is done. 5 days before the wedding. The tulle on the bottom of the dress is very roughly cut with jagged edges. We take it anyways. Susan insists that we pay her through PayPal at her house. She charges more than was agreed to. Fast-forward to the wedding day. I turn the dress inside out to steam it and notice that the dress is just butchered on the inside. It is torn in parts and roughly sewed back together. Throughout everything, Susan never once apologized for her unprofessionalism, broken promises, or lies.

Sent on 07/12/2018

Angela · Married on 04/07/2018

0.4
      0.5

My dress was left with her on February 22nd for my wedding on April 7th. When I left it with her, i noticed the THREE boxes of wine on the counter of her kitchen, the cats that were all over but I thought, it's fine. She's got great reviews, I'm sure she'll keep the cats away like she says. I'm allergic after all, it will be ok. I thought i could smell booze on her, but i thought still it would be ok.
    On March 28th i called to check in. She claimed she was working on it now and would call me by the end of the week. I still had not heard from her on Monday so i called again. She said again she was working on it and I can pick up on Thursday. I asked why it wasn't done yet and that was cutting it a bit close to my Saturday wedding, and she said she'd call me on wednesday. I had to call her on Wednesday and she tells me it will be ready on Thursday and to call her in the morning for an update. So i did, to which she told me it would be ready Friday. Friday at 9am, i got there to discover she had not even started my alterations. I needed A LOT of work done, my dress did not fit anywhere. It was HUGE. She had managed to hem the dress, that was it. She promised she'd get the rest done by 2pm. She did some work, but not everything. She then said she would stay up ALL NIGHT to finish my dress. She did not. I got there at 8:30am the morning of my wedding to a person that looked like she passed out and just woke up. I was so mad that I stormed out hoping she could finish a bit more while i got my hair done. Then called her from the car telling her to stop touching my dress, it will be picked up by my mom in about an hour when she was done with her hair. When my mom and dad arrived, Susan was drunk already and made my mom wait an hour and a half to finish the bustle.
    My dress was huge. It did not fit at all, and the bustle she did broke. There were cat hairs on it, pins in random places, and it was a mess. Please do not trust this woman with your wedding gown.

Sent on 04/09/2018