Surrender Films Reviews

44 | Charleston, SC

44 Reviews for Surrender Films

Rob was by far the most helpful, organized and calm (trust me this is important) vendor we had at our wedding. From the day we decided to have a videographer through rehearsal & our wedding day, Rob made every bit of the planning processes easy. The sneak peak & the gala film are so much more perfect than we could have every imagined. Rob captured all the moments that my husband and I missed throughout the day from the big moments to the little details. I am so happy that Rob accepted the invite to be our videographer. A million thanks could not express how fortunate we were to have Rob capture our wedding day. Thank you Rob!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Amanda · Married on 03/12/2016

Rob and his team were absolutely amazing! The final product was so much more than I could have imagined, and really high quality....much better than any others I've seen at a better price! I would highly recommend Surrender Films!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Amy · Married on 03/11/2016

Rob was great to work with and his finished product is AMAZING!!! The video captured the day perfectly and he did a phenomenal job with his tribute to the bride's deceased father and made us truly feel that he was there and part of the day.

Sent on 08/17/2016

Sylvia · Married on 02/06/2016

Surrender films was one of my favorite vendors! I can't say enough good things about him and neither can our family/friends. Few things to describe his character and professionalism: Rob was present during the rehearsal without being asked just to survey the church and find the best areas to position the cameras to capture our ceremony, he was on time and organized, worked so well with my photographer you would of thought they were a team, gave us great direction and had a fun and upbeat personality through the 10+ hour day! He always responded quickly to emails and his prices are very reasonable for his work. My mother in law already wants to book him for her daughters future wedding! We were on the fence with it asking ourselves if it was necessary but after talking to a few of our friends who did not have a videographer at their wedding, they expressed that this was their biggest regret and it would of been our biggest regret as well! It's been a little over a week since the wedding and time goes by so fast on the wedding day it already feels like somethings are a blur and hard to remember so we can't wait to relive the moment again and again! Thanks for everything Rob, we are so thankful and blessed to have worked with you!

Sent on 02/17/2016

WOW!!!! I simply cannot put into words how Rob exceeded our expectations in every way. It is obvious that he loves his job, as it shows in every aspect from his punctuality to thinking of the perfect shots to the fine details in the finished product. When I said I wanted to do a first look that involved walking off an elevator at a busy hotel, Rob was able to capture it perfectly and never seem the least bit frazzled by anything. Photographs capture moments in time, but videos capture emotions and actions that are priceless. Being able to watch my dad give me away, seeing the interactions between all the guests dancing and having the time of their lives, and reliving the moments of the best day of my life, make videography priceless. There are not enough thank you's to express my gratitude to Rob for helping me relive my wedding day as often as I want! To any bride thinking about hiring Rob, stop thinking about it and do it. If it does not fit into your budget, cut back on flowers, buy your cake from Publix, and make it happen...flowers die, cake gets eaten, but videos last forever!!!

Sent on 02/12/2016

Kristen · Married on 10/24/2015

We booked Surrender Films in the month before our wedding and we honestly could not be more happy with our choice. Lindsey shot our wedding and she was AMAZING! She has so many cool ideas for shots with the wedding party and even on the dance floor with all of the guests. She also tried to fit in as much as she had time for prior to the wedding to get shots at both my location and where my husband was getting ready with his groomsmen. We haven't seen the finished product yet but we are really looking forward to all of the fun moments captured! We would highly recommend Lindsey at Surrender Films! She is great!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Rebecca · Married on 10/24/2015

My husband and I met Rob with Surrender Films at a bridal expo in Savannah, Georgia. When we met Rob, we were undecided on whether we wanted a videographer or not. Speaking with Surrender Films only once changed our minds immediately! We had to have Rob video our wedding! Rob takes a completely different approach to filming a wedding that we'd never encountered before. Rob's amazing talent and attention to detail made a wedding video a complete work of art! The video Rob created captured all the wonderful aspects of our wedding day and he included interviews from our loved ones and even some pictures from our childhood and honeymoon! We cannot thank Rob and Surrender Films enough for the amazing video that we will forever cherish and be able to share with our entire family and one day even our children. Surrender Films is definitely the best vendor we had at our wedding!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Leanne · Married on 10/10/2015

My wife and decided last minute to add on a videographer. We had initially decided not to do a video because the first several quotes we received were outrageous and boy were we glad we found Surrender films, reasonably priced with professional and incredible service. He created a Montage for us which was not just some run of the mill wedding video. It truly retold our story all in 13 minutes. Every time we watch it's like re-living the day all over again. For those who couldn't make it to the wedding after they watched it they felt like they were there. It was really awesome! We highly recommend Surrender films to anyone for your special day.

Sent on 11/27/2015

Trista · Married on 10/09/2015

Surrender Films was our best vendor! Rob was such a blast to work with! He truly made our day perfect! He has a fantastic vision and captured every moment beautifully.!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Nicolette · Married on 09/06/2015

Surrender Films provided excellent videography services for our wedding day. The cameras were rolling from beginning to end and every moment was captured beautifully. Their professionalism and creativity was so amazing, even our guests were wowed! I would certainly recommend Surrender Films for any event! Prices were very affordable and we received our film and footage only weeks after our wedding. We are so happy that we chose Surrender Films!!!

Sent on 10/02/2015

Melanie · Married on 09/05/2015

If you are a soon-to-be bride (or groom!) and haven't booked with Surrender Films yet- stop what you are doing, book with Rob, and then come back and read all of the reasons you will be glad you did! Throughout all of my communication with Rob he was always incredibly quick to respond and available to answer my questions. On our wedding day, Rob was on time and easily fit in with my bridal party while we got ready. He was equal parts professional, charming, and invisible. He managed to capture everything that happened without ever feeling like he was intruding or in the way. He took photos of my bridesmaids and I getting ready when my photographer showed up an hour late. He gave great directions for poses but also captured the natural moments of the day. He was the only person who came prepared with an umbrella when the "10% chance of rain" starting to look worse and worse. He gave said umbrella to my maid of honor at some point between her walking down the aisle in the bright sun, and me walking down to a giant clap of thunder and pouring rain 30 seconds later. Rob truly goes above and beyond in every way possible to make sure that the day is perfect. Before ever seeing our video we knew he was the best decision we made for our wedding! We got our sneak peek trailer about 2 weeks after our wedding, and it had so many fun surprises and tributes to my husband and I that it seemed like we must have known Rob for years! He truly captured the essence of not only our wedding, but our relationship too. When he sent over our final edited video, it brought tears to our eyes! It was so perfect and better than we ever could have imagined. We would have said to hire Rob based on his professionalism and personality alone, but his talent and ability to create such beautiful footage makes him an absolute necessity. Not only will Surrender Films be worth every penny, they will be your favorite part of the day. I promise!

Sent on 10/14/2015

My husband and I got married July 19th and it was truly the best day of our lives. Rob and his assistant did an amazing job the day of the wedding. They were very professional and all of the guests had nothing but great things to say about the vendors we hired including surrender films. The wedding gala film absolutely blew our minds on how well put together it was. They did an amazing job at getting the film to us in a timely manner. The shout out cam footage will provide laughs for many many years to come. A videographer wasn't something I was immediately looking into when planning the wedding but I'm very happy we chose to hire one. Thank you Surrender Films for providing us with memories that will last us a lifetime.

-EC and JC

Sent on 10/14/2015

Allison · Married on 06/26/2015

Rob is absolutely fantastic and captured my wedding day in such a unique way! He is wonderful to work with and very professional.

Sent on 09/10/2015

LaTosha · Married on 05/30/2015

My husband and I were very unsure of who we wanted to video our wedding...until we met Rob with surrender films! After meeting him at the bridal show and watching his videos and seeing what he had to offer we were sold! He is absolutely amazing and talented with the work he produces! His price is worth every penny of the product you get! I would highly recommend him to anyone at all looking to have a long lasting memory of the most important day of your life! My husband and I are 1000% satisfied and so thankful for Surrender Films!

Sent on 07/23/2015
  • User4198319 · 2+ years ago

Rob did such an incredible job covering our wedding! We got the reality film package which meant that he spent a lot of time filming us and doing interviews. He even came to our rehearsal dinner and pre wedding preparations! Rob went above and beyond what you would expect of your wedding videographer!

Sent on 05/19/2015
  • W

Wesley · Married on 04/26/2015

I can’t say enough good things about our experience with Rob & Surrender Films. These films aren’t just a run of the mill wedding videos, it was clear from the beginning that Rob worked to make each film represent the uniqueness of each couple. When I saw his past work I immediately loved all of the personal touches that were in each video and it was very important to me to have a film that was not only fun but really gave a good feeling for the wedding day and for us, and would be something that we would watch over and over again. Rob was really great to work with, he answered all of our questions and worked with us to ease my husband’s concerns (he didn’t want a video and was afraid it was going to be cheesy and something he wouldn’t like). We chose the reality video, which I highly recommend!! When the wedding was over we were naturally curious about how our video would come out and are so thrilled with the finished product. Rob did some unexpected and awesome things (a cartoon for example!), and really told our story in the perfect way. A lot of my husband’s family couldn’t make it to the wedding but when we showed them our video all of them commented on how much they felt like they had been there and how much they loved the video.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Karilyn · Married on 03/28/2015

Rob is amazing! By far one of the best decisions I made throughout the wedding planning process. He's super responsive, goes the extra mile, flexible, affordable and produces an awesome video that you will cherish forever.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Kristina · Married on 02/28/2015

Rob and his staff from Surrender Films really made the dream wedding film for me, but he did so much more. He worked to create a special package that included everything I wanted and some things I didn't even dream of. My grandparents were too ill to travel for my wedding and he created a special video just for them to share in all the unedited details of our day and my grandmother cried and said she felt just like she was there! What a wonderful thing for our family. He made a montage for our movie theme, a video shout out booth on our big day, a fantastic video I will treasure forever, and the list could go on and on. You will not be sorry that you choose Rob and his great staff.

Sent on 07/09/2015
  • Rhiannon

Rhiannon · Married on 09/28/2014

When your also in the wedding biz, you work with alot videographers and photographers- Robs work have always stood out to me. He was my first choice when we decided we wanted a video of our special day. He is so attentive, friendly, professional, caring and easy to work with. By the end of the event, he seemed like family. When we got our "short and sweet" video for our 1 month Anniversary it was perfect, it brought us back to our special day. My husband and I watched together with tears of joy over and over again. Then we received the rest of the videos broken down by the event, and alot of extras and photos we had forgot about. My husband originally didn't want a video, he thought we would "DIY with some go pros"-he didn't want the extra cost, but after seeing what all Rob captured for us on our special day, he is very happy and thankful we decided to have it done. Rob is the best, he is very talented, and it shows! Thanks Rob!

Sent on 07/06/2016