Surfside Brides Reviews

75 | Destin, FL

75 Reviews for Surfside Brides

Sarah · Married on 05/05/2012

Patti and her team were absolutely amazing to work with! It is stressful planning a wedding from 10 hours away and they made it feel as if we had nothing to worry about. Our wedding day turned out fabulously and we would not change anything about it!

Also, a side note. The wedding photos that come with their wedding packages are absolutely beautiful. They came on a disc that we received the day of our event! Thanks so much to Patti & Josh for making our day absolutely special!

Sarah & Jimmy

Sent on 05/14/2012

Nikki · Married on 04/28/2012

I loved everything about Surfside Brides. I changed my date several times and Patti was always there keeping up with me :) She answered all my questions, no matter how silly or far in advance they were. You can tell this is what she was meant to do and she LOVES it! The set up on the beach was simply GORGEOUS!! I wouldn't have done my wedding any other way.... I love how she was just so in to it all. Such passion and conviction in every word that she spoke...you here people say "thank you for your business" all the time but when Patti said it you could feel how deeply she meant it...how honored she was to be a part of such a wonderful and important moment in our lives. I would recommend SSB to everyone who is looking for a beach side wedding. Not only will your ceremony be breathtaking but if you are looking for an officiate who cares just as much as you do in making your big day spectacular then look no further! Thank you Patti for everything. We will remember it always.

Sent on 05/06/2012

Laura · Married on 04/22/2012

Patti was AMAZING. Not only did I feel confident and calm that everything would turn out just as I dreamed, I feel I gained a friend too. She is so warm and caring..it felt like a family friend helped me with my wedding day. Having been in the wedding planning/catering business for 12 years, I can say this is a rare trait and a very special one. Anyone should feel confident and blessed to be able to work with Patti and Surfside Brides. I just can't say enough about how wonderful my experience was. I am sad it's over, but very happily married to my best friend.

Sent on 05/04/2012

Erin · Married on 04/08/2012

Patti and Nicole were absolutely wonderful! Our wedding was so beautiful and beyond our expectations. I would definitely recommend Surfside Brides for anyone looking to do an easy, fun and beautiful beach wedding.

Sent on 05/05/2012

LeeAnn · Married on 03/21/2012

Vance and I really appreciate all that patti and the photographer(Nicole) did for us. They did a great job!!!

Sent on 04/03/2012

Brittany · Married on 03/13/2012

I am so happy aqnd pleased with absolutely everything surfside brides provided me on my wedding day. It was perfect and outstanding, it was like they had known me for years and knew exactly what i needed and wanted. Patti and her team are amazing and helped in making my day perfect! Nicole was amazing as well and I honestly could not be happier with her picturs and how wonderful she was. Ted officiated my wedding and he was wonderful!!! His attitude was a perfect fit for my ceremony and my family. It was just so crazy how much i felt like surfside brides knew me so well.

Sent on 03/24/2012
  • Brittney

Brittney · Married on 10/22/2011

EXCELLENT JOB! Our wedding turned out so great we couldn't have asked for a better experience. The officiant did everything we requested, the decor was great , and the photographer is excellent

Sent on 10/23/2011

Trish · Married on 10/21/2011

Very pleased!!! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 11/16/2011
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 08/11/2011

We planned our Destin beach wedding from Indiana and we were also a little bit nervous about being so far away. We are very familiar with Destin so I already knew the beach and the backdrop would be perfect!! Patti did an awesome job for us!! I sent her numerous emails as questions came up and she answered them completely in a very timely manner. She was always so positive about our day being as perfect as can be and she was definitely right!! She absolutely would do or go anywhere we wanted for our ceremony and offered help with anything. Anything we needed help with, Patti was there for us. She was our officiant and did a fantastic job. Our wedding was perfect and if we decide to renew our vows in the future, Surfside Brides will be used again!

Our photographer provided in our package was amazing as well! We ended up with a disk the NEXT day with over 400 pictures and we had 100s that were awesome shots! No waiting months for our pictures!!

From the Surfside Brides website, we used the Cabana Cafe for our small reception of 16 and our meal, service, atmosphere, EVERYTHING was perfect! They offered a limited menu at our choosing for our budget with any changes we wanted.

Surfside Brides was professional, fun, reliable, helpful, punctual, flexible, affordable, and amazing!! We made the right choice!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Danielle · Married on 07/03/2010

Surfside Brides did everything! It's the way to go! I couldn't have asked for a better, stress-free wedding. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful! And the ladies were wonderful!! THANK YOU SURFSIDE BRIDES for making my wedding day so memorable!!

Sent on 08/10/2010

Jennifer · Married on 06/20/2010

I would like to say that Surfside Brides was the best decision I could ever make! They were extremely helpful and made my wedding perfect! I would suggest anyone to use this company and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/29/2010

Tiffanee · Married on 05/29/2010

I must say that I was very nervous about the wedding & worried that things might go wrong. Planning from another state is very nerve wracking because you are not able to really "see" what you're getting & who you're working with. Surfside Brides & more importantly, Patti, was very reliable & unbelievably efficient! All my questions were answered quickly, all my requests/wants/needs were provided for, the cost was very reasonable, & i was very relieved & satisfied with the ceremony! I have received thousands of comments & praises from our guests that attended as well as those who have just seen pictures! I would highly recommend you! Patti was very flexible, especially when it came to rearranging the schedule around mother nature, & was on top of things to make everything perfect! The photographer was wonderful as well!! The day was everything we were dreaming of & more!! Thank you very much for making it a dream come true! :)

Sent on 06/11/2010

TOBI · Married on 05/04/2010

Patti Terjak with Surfside Brides was awesome. There is not enough words to compliment how well of a job she did for us. She made wedding planning from 2000 miles away easy and answered any and all questions that I had for her. It was truly a blessing to finally meet her the day of the ceremony. Everyone; including friends and family, couldn't say enough about her.

The hotel wanted to switch my wedding to the patio because it poured the day before and they were saying the sand was wet; well I called Patti and she was like you want a beach wedding, I will give you one and the sand is dry. She called the hotel and talked with them and by golly I got my beach wedding. Oh, she also talked my little niece out of carrying her piglet (her security blanket) down the aisle. It would have been funny to see the pig go, but Patti talked to her, put the pig in her little basket and told my niece it would be sitting there waiting for her on the beach.

These are just a few examples, but Patti is truly and amazing person and will go above and beyond if needed. Thanks so much to you and your daughters.

Sent on 05/20/2010

Surfside Brides's reply:

Thank you sooo much for the kind words.. It's easy to do a great job when your working with a couple like you and Jeremy... My best wishes for a beautiful blessed life full of happiness, joy and laughter...

Tina · Married on 04/22/2010

Patti thank you so much. Everything was wonderful, like a dream come true. It was so special. I was so worried about something going wrong but there was no need. Patti took care of everything! There was no stress and everything turned out better than I could have imagined. It was our thirty anniversary and we were renewing our vows on the beach. We were a party of nine and I wanted to incorporate all my friends in the ceremony. Patti made it happen and it was beautiful. Not a dry eye in the crowd. It was so great that we are going to be renewing our vows on the beach with Patti every 5 years.

Sent on 05/24/2010

Surfside Brides's reply:

I cannot wait to see you in 5 years..... I love doing vow renewals... there is just something magical and special having 2 people who have been together 30 years reaffirm that they would do it all over again... I am blessed to have been chosen for this event... Thank you.
  • I

Daphne · Married on 03/27/2010

I was so pleased with the service that I recieved from everyone on my wedding day! Everything was wonderful and they made the day stress free!!!

Sent on 05/22/2010

Surfside Brides's reply:

Thank you Daphne... Our goal is to make it all stress free for you and I am so glad we did... Be Happy...

Tabitha · Married on 06/12/2015

Patti was phenomenal to work with! Planning a destination wedding can be tricky, but Patti was always there to answer my questions and guide me through the planning process. She always emailed or called me right away to respond to my questions. She put me at ease! Our officiant, Ted, and our photographer, Victoria, were also phenomenal! They were a perfect fit for our ceremony! The only issue we had was a small minor detail for the setup. The chairs and arbor were set up closer to the walkway than the beach and right next to a trash can. We were able to get it moved, so it didn't ruin the day! Besides that small issue, everything was great! I would definitely recommend Surfside Brides to everyone! Thank you Patti!

Sent on 07/02/2015

amber · Married on 09/22/2012

surfside brides went above and beyond my expectaions, my husband and I were very pleased with everything. our friends and family loved the ceramony and the blessing of the shells. the decor was everything I hoped it would be it was BEAUTIFUL!!! I would recommend them to anyone planning a destanation wedding in flordia they were fantastic!!! and made everthing so easy for me . thank you again and god bless you

Sent on 10/08/2012
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 05/22/2010

Patti was huge help to me prior to the wedding. The day of, she was extremely helpful to make sure that everything was done to my specifications. She did an awesome job & I could not have asked for a better planner/officiant. I was extremely pleased, above & beyond, with all of the effort that she put forth. It was a beautiful ceremony. If you are looking for a great ceremony, I would highly recommend her services for any future brides.

Sent on 05/29/2010

Patti was so helpful in working out the kinks of my beach wedding.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Meilssa · Married on 10/17/2015

My wedding was 10/17/15 in Destin and Patti took care of everything. The only thing I might do different is consider hiring a separate photographer. Ours did not get any pictures of the entire ceremony from the back which I wish I had. It would have been nice to see a picture of everyone with the entire setup including chairs and arbor. Other than that everything turned out perfect. Patti did a great job with our vows and sand ceremony.

Sent on 10/25/2015

3.0

There was a lot if miscommunication due to the long distance planning and not quite sure what i wanted but she was wonderful

Sent on 07/05/2015

Cara · Married on 05/16/2015

3.8
      3.5

Nice to find someone to provide multiple services

Sent on 07/01/2015

Terri · Married on 06/06/2013

3.6
      3.0

Just a note to the brides to make sure you ask questions and know exactly what "Day of" planning includes. Is your planner going to be there for the rehearsal, the wedding AND the reception to make sure things run smoothly or are they just going to offer suggestions regarding different vendors for your big day? Ask your planner for a written "Day of" timeline indicating what her role will be during each step and you will know what to expect and when to expect it. Brides, do you really want to know if your bartender is running low on pineapple juice or are you counting on your planner to coordinate the efforts of the bartender, the caterer, the florist & etc. Do you know if your photographer is going to be there when you cut the cake or has she already gone home? I know it's overwhelming but ASK, ASK, ASK

Sent on 07/05/2013

Surfside Brides's reply:

Just a quick note, you must hire the photographer to stay past the ceremony.. They do stay for the reception, if hired. Same goes for a day of coordinator.. There is a fee for this service.. it says so right on the website. If you choose not to hire these positions, and are expecting them, then you will most likely be disappointed.

Lindsey · Married on 10/19/2013

2.5
      1.0

If I could do it all over again I woud not hire Patti. When hiring her for our wedding I expected she would be help with the planning and if and when we had questions. I also thought she would be there the day of our wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. I didn't know till the day of the wedding that she would not be there. Her recommended vendors for bakers weren't good recommendations. None of them were responsive when trying to get information about cakes and/or setting up a meeting to order cakes. When contacting Patti about a place to get nails done she never got back to us. The day of the wedding the guy came with all the beach set up. He had the wrong number of chairs and the wrong colors. The only perk from hiring Patti was the awesome photographer. I feel like I could have planned everything the same without her and saved a lot of money.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Surfside Brides's reply:

Wow! I had no idea the bride felt this way.. but I do know I never would have lead her to believe I personally would have been there as I had hip replacement surgery on 10/14/13.... I truly wish Lindsey would have called me to let me know she was unhappy. I am very proud of my team and the only time I know we had a late start was recently when they had a flat tire on the way to set up.. I sincerely apologize and wish she would have shared this with me earlier... This being almost a year ago, I am not sure who she may have gone to for flowers and a bakery but I do stand behind those I refer on my page and if they tend to not keep up to standards, We remove them from out list.. Patti Terjak, Owner, Surfside Brides. My last email from Lindsey ended with this
    " Thank you! Hope your surgery goes well.Lindsey"
    Also the email before that said one bakery was not responding so I gave her info on KaraBoo and she wrote thanking me, saying they were wonderful.

0.0

I was married on June 27th 2015, in Destin, Florida. We are from Peoria, Illinois, so we had to plan this long distance and our experience with her was less than acceptable; and that is being extremely nice. Below you will find a list of things that happened during our planning process, as well as the actual ceremony that I NEVER want a bride to go through (unfortunately, I couldn't include everything):
    • The only times she called us was when she wanted to collect money. She never once called us to check up on our planning
    • When we did call her, she acted like she had no idea who we were or when our actual wedding date was. She had to ask us every single time.
    • She never made an attempt to meet us – according to her website she loves “meeting new couples ready to start their lives together in a beautiful beach setting
    • She did not tell us until 2 weeks before our wedding that she would NOT be at the wedding to help coordinate.
    • She changed the photographer on us 2 days before the wedding.
    • She blames her lack of participation and communication with our wedding on her being heavily medicated due to her breaking her leg. (this was told to us AFTER the wedding, when we called to complain about how poor and unprofessional her service was). She did not even bother to tell us about it before hand. Why?
    • Her “#1 Photographer” interrupted my wedding dinner to tell me she had to leave because she needed to pick up her kids from the babysitter.
    • She prides herself, and I quote on “never booking more than one wedding a day”. However, since we did not have her as the officiant, she booked another wedding that day for her to officiate. She told us this over the phone. Therefore, she would have been unavailable for any help.
    • The vendors setting up the arbor were late and she did not contact us to tell us.

If you take anything away from this review, please think about what you want out of your wedding day. Please say no to Patti Terjak and Surfside Brides!

Sent on 09/05/2015

Surfside Brides's reply:

It truly saddens me that is is all the memories they carry from this wonderful day. First, They did not hire a day of coordinator nor did they want a rehearsal, both of which were offered. The arbor was set up as close to ceremony time due to the possibility of rain... It did rain and the ceremony was held inside and as it cleared, the photographer did take the bride, groom and bridal party to the beach for some awesome photos. The photographer did not say she had to leave as everything was running behind, she said she would need to call her babysitter to let her know she would be later that planned. I do my best to go over every detail of the ceremony process with all my brides. This includes going over the line up etc. We offer day of coordination and we offer rehearsals both of which they did not want. I wish I could have held off the rain. It is with heavy heart that I read this review. FYI, I did return the amount I personally cleared from this ceremony and also I never broke my leg... not sure where that came from. I wish this bride and her new husband all the best and many happy years ahead.