Surf & Sound Events, LLC Reviews

39 Reviews for Surf & Sound Events, LLC

1 User photo

Surf & Sound Events, LLC 1

Priscilla · Married on 12/12/2015

Eric was the DJ at our wedding in December and he did such an amazing job!!! If you want to work with someone who is reliable, professional, hardworking and kind, you will want to use him. For our wedding, he went the extra mile beforehand to make sure he knew all of the details of the timeline for the event, what songs we wanted played or did not want played at all, and offered professional advice based off his experience that helped us out tremendously! He has a great playlist, and is very easy and flexible to work with. All of the music that was played the whole night flowed naturally and we received so many compliments at how much fun people had dancing to the music! As big dancers ourselves, my husband and I wanted to make sure that everyone had a great time dancing the night away, which definitely happened! Eric kept the dance vibes strong and the dance floor packed the entire night. He did a fantastic job!!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Erica · Married on 11/07/2015

Eric was amazing to work with! He got back with me quickly and was there for any questions I had. He helped me with the music selection and overall made my life so much less stressful during what can be such a stressful time! My guests had such a blast and the reception was perfect due to the music and beautiful up lighting! I would 100% recommend his services!

Sent on 01/09/2016

Megan · Married on 08/07/2015

We loved the work Eric did as our DJ!! He was great to work with, very accommodating, very responsive and professional!! He had a wonderful selection for dinner music at the reception and played as many of our requests as he could!! His pricing is so much more affordable than many of the other DJ's we looked at and in our mind his service was far better than many weddings we have been to. We couldn't be more pleased! We highly recommend Surf & Sound Events!!!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Kelly · Married on 08/01/2015

Eric is AWESOME!! He is professional, quick to respond to e-mails and phone calls and easy to work with. Eric has a vast music selection and everyone had a wonderful time at our wedding. I highly recommend Surf and Sound events at your reception, you will be very happy with the service.

We also ordered uplighting for our venue from Eric, it was beautiful!!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Lauren · Married on 06/05/2015

Surf and Sound Events was the perfect fit for our wedding. Eric was professional and our guests loved him! He was able to coordinate well with the venue staff when it came to timeline issues or questions. He felt out the room and adjusted the music choices accordingly. He allowed us as much or as little input as we wanted. I worked with him to create a dinner playlist - as a music lover, I wanted some input - but he took the reigns for the reception and rocked it! He managed to get family members out on the dance floor that I never expected to see out there! I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Jason · Married on 03/14/2015

We hired Eric to be the DJ for our wedding. He did every special request we asked and we could not have asked for a better experience. Absolutely excellent job.

Sent on 03/31/2015

Patricia · Married on 11/15/2014

Eric did the sound for my wedding reception and did a fantastic job. I gave him a list of several of our favorite songs and a little direction as far as genres, and he turned that into hours of playlists that kept our guests entertained and dancing. The uplighting looked great as well and really added to the atmosphere of the venue.

Sent on 11/30/2014

Melissa · Married on 09/13/2014

My husband found Surf and Sound on Thumbtack, and he felt Eric shared his wedding entertainment priorities. Eric was also likable and professional. He made sure the ceremony and reception music were on point, and also worked well with the band who played at the cocktail hour.

He was also very up front with his fees, which we felt were a good value. We felt doubly so after the event, when we saw the pictures and how much everyone was enjoying themselves.

He lit up the dance floor and everyone was on it for the majority of the night. We tried to meet him halfway, offering recommendations and musts, but leaving room for him to use his professional judgement. We were not disappointed. It's difficult to define Eric's style, because he adapted to us; he really listened and did not play anything on the "do not play list."

We were very pleased with the services we received, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Eric and Surf and Sound, LLC.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Beth · Married on 07/02/2017

We used Surf & Sound Events for our wedding, and it was such a great decision. They sat down with us and really got to know who we were and what kind of music and feel we wanted at our wedding. Surf & Sound Events is an experienced host who transitioned our wedding seamlessly so that we, as the couple, and the guests had a wonderful time! The guests commented on how great the music was afterwards. We highly recommend hiring them for your next event!

Sent on 08/02/2017

We found Eric on thumbtack and it turned out he knew some of the people at our wedding. It was kind of a last minute find since our earlier plan didn't work out but he met with us early and was very flexible with our space. Overall wedding went great and he created a great playlist with the music we requested. Would recommend.

Sent on 04/10/2015

Lydia Cromwell · Married on 07/20/2019

Excellent 👌

Eric catered to our song needs ie he did not play country music ;) He was flexible, professional and delivered the best possible experience! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐!

Sent on 08/17/2019

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2017

My husband and I would highly recommend Surf & Sound Events! When our previous arrangement for a DJ/sound team for our wedding fell through at the last minute, Eric of Surf & Sound really saved the day. He came highly recommended by our coordinator, and he lived up to that recommendation. Even with short notice, Eric was able to set everything up perfectly. He was very timely in communication, and was the perfect balance of professional and friendly. The sound quality was perfect, both for the ceremony and reception after. He has a great personality for MCing the night, and did an excellent job keeping everything moving smoothly, without stealing the spotlight. I honestly don't have anything negative to say about him for this review. Thanks for a great wedding!

Sent on 06/24/2017

Kayla · Married on 04/22/2018

3.5

Eric did a wonderful job asking us what we wanted and expected out of his services and gave great input as to what would help make our event successful. He was willing to do what we asked but would offer up hints that we had not thought about--such as DJ / lights set up locations, timeline information, and of course music choices. I also appreciated that his business is run with integrity and that he will not play vulgar music--you get a good feeling hiring someone with strong character and ethics. Overall, he did an awesome job doing music for our wedding, getting there early to set up, got people on the dance floor, and was easy to work with.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Sarah · Married on 07/01/2017

3.5

We loved working with Eric from Surf and Sound!!! He was totally open to our different ideas for the reception and gave helpful feedback and direction. His personality made him easy to trust. He worked well with our entire bridal party and made the evening flow seamlessly (even when we fell behind on schedule- the guests never would have noticed!). Our dance floor was crowded from the time he started and we loved celebrating with all our friends! Thanks Eric!

Sent on 07/11/2017