Superlative Events Reviews

94 | Purcellville, VA

94 Reviews for Superlative Events

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Diana · Married on 09/17/2011

Brian King was our DJ and he did an amazing job. Brian has a great, friendly personality and really seemed to care about our wedding and making sure it was what we wanted. He kept the dance floor packed all night (even with our friends not wanting to leave the open bar!). He was super professional, played all our suggestions and none of our no-plays and overall was perfect. Brian also provided us with lighting for an ice sculpture, the cake, a custom monogram, which looked really cool; and really great, mood setting uplighting around the room. The uplighting was perfect and added so much to a normally boring room. I highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 09/19/2011

Evan · Married on 09/17/2011

Jeff was very easy to work with and did a great job DJ'ing our wedding. Did just what we asked for. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/12/2011

NANCY · Married on 05/07/2011

I am writing this review to ensure people know of the great quality of service we received at our wedding with Superlative events. From the day I contacted Brian, I knew right and there that I wanted to use their service. His responses to emails and phones were right on point. He explains everything in details and even sends you visual demonstrations. On the day of our wedding, Jeff came up to us and introduced himself to us and what plans on doing. The background monogram of our names and uplighting on the walls were just beautifully done in a way that fulfilled my our vision. Again thanks for the effort you put into beautifying our wedding reception hall. Among all of our vendors, Superlative events were the only vendor who sent us a thank you card for doing business with them. Now that's professionalism for you.

Sent on 05/27/2011
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/23/2010

Brian was an awesome dj! He met with us initially to discuss our style, likes and dislikes and goals for our wedding day. He brought examples of his other services and lots of song lists to think through if we liked or disliked. We felt very comfortable with his attention to detail.

Brian provided us with microphones for our outdoor wedding, lighting for the tent and dj services for the night. He is extremely professional and well spoken. He doubled checked how to pronounce everyone's names that he would be announcing and kept us on track for the schedule of the night that we had discussed. He also provided a printed version of the schedule to all of the other vendors so they would know what the timing of different events would be. He even found us as we were wrapping up some photos and brought us each a drink from the bar!

Sent on 11/10/2010

Katie · Married on 10/10/2010

Dan was our DJ from BK the DJ company. He was very professional and met with us prior to make sure that we knew exactly what we were in store for. He is fun and exciting and kept the flow of the wedding going. There was a moment where he got the whole place jumping and it is such a wonderful memory for us. Brian also met with us prior to the wedding with tools to help us decide the flow of our wedding and usual songs played at weddings and they were all VERY helpful.

Sent on 11/07/2010

B · Married on 10/10/2010

BK and his guys are a great team! Brian and Jeff were both there for my event, and they did an amazing job, especially with the uplighting!

Sent on 11/09/2010

Allison · Married on 09/18/2010

Brian King Productions did a truly fantastic job serving as our wedding reception DJ. Brian was our DJ and we couldn't have been more pleased. Brian is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He is a true professional and definitely knows what he is doing when it comes to deejaying a wedding! The dance floor was packed the whole night and Brian's coordination of the evening was seamless. Choosing Brian King Productions was one of the best decisions we made and I would absolutely recommend him for any wedding or event.

Sent on 10/04/2010

Amanda · Married on 06/12/2010

Brian and Dan were fantastic! Knowing both of them from college, I already knew the type of guys they were, but I was still blown away by how incredible and professional they both were that whole night! They really made our wedding extra special. We've had so many comments about the incredible DJs and we couldn't agree more.

On top of being great DJs, they really helped us at crunch time as well. Some things far beyond our control started falling through in the last 1-2 hours before the start of our wedding ceremony and both Brian and Dan stepped up to help get things organized and back on track so that I could focus on being a bride! They were so flexible and helped us rearrange some portions of our ceremony and reception at the last second when a very last minute rain storm changed some our original plans.

They are wonderful guys and fantastic DJs! I will recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 06/22/2010
  • Laurie

Laurie · Married on 04/18/2010

Bk The DJ is AMAZING!!!! I worked with Jeff King (and his assistant Dan) as my DJ and he was wonderful. I have honestly had so many people even after the wedding commenting on how great our DJ was!! How often does THAT happen?? I'm truly blessed to have had them at my wedding. Brian (BK) was awesome to work with and so quick to respond to ALL my emails and questions!! He masterminded the operation and Jeff truly carried it out to perfection! They also did uplighting for me and it too was amazing!! It totally added an awesome element to the reception.

Thank you to Brian, Jeff, and Dan....you guys are the best. I recommend you to anyone who wants to be able to sit back and enjoy their wedding day to the fullest. Hire BK the DJ and never worry about having to "coach" your DJ. Thanks again guys!!

Sent on 05/10/2010

Alissa · Married on 12/30/2009

I was nervous about having my wedding reception in a hotel ballroom. However, Brian managed to transform the room and our guests loved the "night club" effect. Brian understood our needs, was extremely responsive and has a great sense of humor. I would definitely work with him again.

Sent on 04/09/2010

Jennifer · Married on 06/20/2009

Brian was incredible! His planning was extremely thorough and we were very comfortable going into the wedding reception, knowing Brian knew our likes and dislikes. He was able to incorporate everything we wanted into the night, including lots of country and even polka!! The dance floor was jam packed the entire night - I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 06/25/2009

Jodie · Married on 05/09/2009

Randy was our DJ. He did a wonderful job keeping the crowd dancing and having a great time. We had a good mix of guests at the wedding and Randy did a great job making sure everyone had a great time. He played a good mix of great songs that pleased everyone. We also had lighting and monogram from BK the DJ and it looked absolutely wonderful. Highly recommend Randy.

Sent on 06/22/2009

Jackie · Married on 05/01/2009

Brian was awesome! He played all the music we asked for and did not play the things we asked not to by played. He cleared any requests with us to make sure they were ok. Brian also put together an amazing slideshow of pictures of my dad and me to be played during our dance as a surprise to my dad. Brian also provided the ceremony music and all the necessary mics for an outdoor ceremony so that everyone could hear. Brian also provided lighting for our event which added so much for the atmosphere. He also created three custom designed monograms that we used from everything from the invitations to the cookies to the ceremony programs to the wine bottles. Brian also created our monogram in lights to display on the dance floor. He helped to really personalize our wedding and make it everything we wanted it to be. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 05/12/2009

Kristin · Married on 11/29/2008

Brian did an exceptional job as our wedding DJ. He is very professional and really kept the reception going and on schedule, not to mention, he had everyone dancing! I highly recommend Brian King for your wedding DJ.

Sent on 12/28/2008

Katrina · Married on 08/31/2008

Brian the DJ was absolutely awesome. He played all the songs I had wanted. He made the party so much fun. He was never annoying like some DJ's are. I highly recommend Brian.

Sent on 09/25/2008

Stephanie · Married on 07/12/2008

Brian did an awesome job! He met with us and gave us a ton of ideas for our reception. As the date got closer he checked in to see how we were doing and made it easy to get the rest of the details together. Day of the wedding the ceremony was awesome, he did a great job getting the music to come in at just the right time. At the reception we had him come up with monogram light for us that really looked great. The lights he recommended were fantastic and really added a lot to the venue and matched the colors of our wedding. He kept the dance floor going the whole night and played music for everyone. Everyone told me that it was one of the best weddings they had been and it was a good mix of music. I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 07/28/2008

Rebekah · Married on 05/16/2008

Brian has been a friend of mine for many years and I have watched his business start and grow. When I decided to have my wedding in Virginia I knew I would choose him to be my DJ. Brian makes it easy because he is completely trustworthy and can read the crowd so well. He knew exactly when to divert from the play list to play what all the guests wanted to hear and dance to. The floor was rushed as soon as Brian invited everyone to dance and it didn't clear until we left the reception, it was incredible...I couldn't have been happier and now those songs hold amazing memories for me, my husband and all of my closest friends!

Sent on 06/25/2008

Megan · Married on 06/02/2007

Brian King was an excellent choice for our wedding DJ. He provided undeniable professionalism during the reception. He only spoke into to sound system to announce and direct the events that we had previously decided he would do. There were no dumb phrases, jokes, or innappropriate sayings - he's clearly not about that. He has a great, clear voice that catches people's attention and sounds professional. Brian took the time to get to know us and really tried to understand our vision for the big night. One thing he did that impressed us, was before the bridal party introductions began at the reception, he came to each one of the bridal party and asked how to correctly pronounce his or her name. Since then we have recommended him to multiple friends and family!

Sent on 06/07/2008

Regina · Married on 08/25/2018

Brian made our venue's vision come to life. Our ceremony and reception looked so incredible. The lighting really made the whole theme come together. The soft ceremony lighting just made our whole space feel inviting and the blue/purple of the reception was a space ready to party! We even added a last minute thing and it worked out perfectly.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Jaime · Married on 10/14/2017

Brian was so great to work with! He was extremely flexible in working with my vision, my budget and the venue. The end result was spectacular, the lighting really transformed the room and everyone looked perfect and the tone was set for a glamorous event!

Sent on 11/30/2017
  • WithHitch11/07

Allison · Married on 11/07/2015

Superlative Events had everything I was looking for when it came to our DJ and lighting needs. It was great to be able to find these two services (and more) from one reliable source.
    Brian was really able to grasp both DH's and my music taste. It was a perfect mix for the guests that were in attendance. It was comforting to know that Brian was in control starting with the bridal party being announced. By that point, I was mentally checked out and ready to have a good time!
    Brian is a very, busy man. Know that once he has you on the books, there is nothing to worry about. He'll be there and will be 100% yours for your special day/event.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Amanda · Married on 09/20/2014

I rented equipment from Superlative Events via shipping for our farm wedding in Minnesota. Everything was seamless and perfect. The equipment itself was very nice quality and was the finishing touch to the atmosphere. I would highly recommend Superlative Events to anyone looking to add a little pizzaz to their setting.

Thank you!!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Kate · Married on 09/02/2012

The best part of our wedding was the dancing. Brian and Superlative Events listened to our desires for fun dance music and certainly delivered! He kept the dance floor full the whole night with both our younger and older guests (which is hard to do). He is definitely not the cheesy DJ you think of when it comes to weddings. He was fun and energetic and always had a positive attitude throughout the whole wedding process, which was very important to us, two very stressed people planning a large wedding. The best thing we heard was that a number of our friends liked the music so much that they made workout playlist using the songs from our wedding. We loved Brian and would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 10/27/2012

Amy and Aleck · Married on 05/09/2010

Brian and Dan were amazing! They are super friendly and accommodating. Our guests complimented them on the great job they did at our wedding and I even had some girlfriends ask me if they were single. (Sorry ladies, they are taken ;D ) We also hired Brian to handle to lighting for us which really set the mood. Everyone raved about our grand entrance with the gigantic screen and they loved the monogram on the dance floor.

Sent on 06/29/2010

Ashley · Married on 08/22/2009

Brian was awesome!! By far one of my best vendor picks for my wedding. I attended a wedding in the past that he worked, and knew I had to have him at my own! Even though we planned the wedding long distance, Brian made it feel like we were in the same state. He was extremely patient with us and always helpful. I literally had no concerns about anything. Our DJ was Jeff, who was incredible as well. Jeff did a fantastic job keeping the dance floor packed and the mood fun. I truly have nothing bad to say about either of them and highly recommend them to any bride! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/15/2009