Superlative Events Reviews

94 Reviews for Superlative Events

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Carrie

Carrie · Married on 01/04/2014

We worked with Brian King of Superlative Events for both DJ and Lighting services for our wedding on 04 January and we couldn't be happier! The hotel wedding coordinator even asked for his card to add this company to their Recommended Vendor list because he did such a fabulous job transforming a standard hotel ballroom into a lavish winter-wonderland wedding. The lighting was just beautiful. We had a combination of up-lights and texture lighting along the walls and spot-lights on the tables. I was also thrilled with the DJ services. The music I knew would be great, but I was even more impressed with his ability to keep the party moving, keep the guests informed of what was happening and what would be coming up next, even reminding folks that the cake would be served to their tables after the cutting. He was also a huge help in coming up with the order and timing of events at the reception, helping us make sure we kept the party moving but still had time to visit all the tables. My biggest worry was having those awkward "lulls" in the reception where guests don't know what to do and I was relieved when this never happened. He was professional to work with, set the right tone for the reception and kept the dance-floor packed. Couldn't be happier!

Sent on 01/05/2014

Lisa · Married on 11/30/2013

We rented uplights for our daughters Sweet Sixteen party and were thrilled with them. Brian was quick to return calls and quick with shipping. The lights were so easy to use and really created the winter wonderland look that we wanted.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Candice · Married on 11/23/2013

Brian really took care of us and helped us through an entire year of planning. We loved and enjoyed his style, support and guidance. The entire vibe, from music to lighting was perfect! Everything turned out so beautiful and amazingly. We loved every single minute of it!

Words cannot describe just how amazing our experience was working with Brian and Superlative Events.
    Highly recommend them for DJ-ing and lighting!! Incredible!

Sent on 02/26/2014

These lights were by far the best investment for my wedding! I originally planned to hire a lighting company to come in and provide/operate lighting which would have cost a couple thousand dollars. These lights came in a very sturdy case with just the lights and instructions, not a lot of confusing parts or cords. You literally just turn them on and place them around the room and one remote changes all the lights at once! It was sooooo simple! And the color from the lights looks amazing. I NEVER write reviews for anything but I felt that this was one amazing service and so affordable. People literally thought I spent thousands on my lights!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Brian King really kept the dance floor full with wonderful music and high energy! His lighting was incredible and we can not imagine not having it! The lighting transformed the room into a truly magical place. He helped the couple choose the flow of the events during the evening and accommodated us with personal announcements! VERY HIGHLY recommended vendor to use!!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Rob · Married on 08/03/2013

We contacted Brian Knight with Superlative Events to provide DIY uplighting and cake spots for our reception. Brian was absolutely fantastic to work with, He explained everything about the lighting and worked with me to figure out exactly what we needed. The lighting was super easy to setup and only took about 30 minutes. The price was extremely reasonable and the impact that the lighting added to our reception was immeasurable, If you need lighting for your event, don't hesitate to contact Brian at Superlative Events. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Megan · Married on 06/29/2013

Superlative Events handled the DJ (Brian King), Lighting and Photobooth for our wedding near Charlottesville (Mount Ida Farm) on June 29, 2013. They did a FANTASTIC job with everything!!! Brian was an amazing DJ and he played all of the music we wanted and handled the introductions and announcements throughout the evening perfectly. The lighting was absolutely gorgeous and turned out exactly like we wanted!! And the photobooth was extremely fun for everyone and the best part was that we got to have the guest book at the end and see everyone's photos from the wedding night!! I highly recommend Superlative Events for any and ALL of these services!!!!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Superlative Events's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Megan :) So great working with you too!
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 04/27/2013

Fantastic - I got the lighting package and photobooth from Brian and Superlative, and they are amazing, good pricing, but more importantly complete pros! We had a team of experts there to make sure all ran well. The photobooth was THE hit of the night, and so much more fun than a guest book - I know who my guests are lol, but instead of just a signature I have great photos!

Sent on 05/01/2013

Rotoya · Married on 01/12/2013

AMAZING!!!!! Im not sure where to start, but I am so glad that I chose Superlative Events to provide lighting for our Wedding Reception. From day one after speaking with Brian King, I knew that I made the right choice. We utilized the Gobo lighting, Uplighting and Texture Lighting for our wedding. When we walked in the reception our breathe was taken away!!! It was BEAUTIFUL!! Brian made sure that the lights were positioned in the perfect places to add to our reception decor. I am so thankful to Superlative Events! I look forward to utilizing their services in the future!!!

Sent on 01/26/2013

I couldn't ask for a better vendor! Dan set up our lighting and was responsive, professional, and went above and beyond the call of duty. He stayed for the entire reception and made sure our lighting was exactly how we wanted it. He also helped us set up our slide show, which was not required of him. When the reception hall got warm, he helped us prop open the doors to get some air flowing.

Our reception was beautifully lit. I couldn't have asked for a better set-up. I highly recommend Superlative Events for your wedding needs. We only obtained them for lighting, but I can only imagine their other services are just as top-notch.

Sent on 10/04/2012

Monique · Married on 09/22/2012

Brian at Superlative Events did a great job on our wedding. We rented two gobo projector with custom gobos and all the trimming. The light were shipped in a a case with extension cords, tape and everything we needed. It took me and one other person less than 20 minutes to put both lights up. Both lights were already set up and sized for where we put them. Great service! After the event, we only needed to pack the items up (less than 10 minutes), close the case, add some zip ties and drop off at Fedex. Very easy!

Sent on 09/28/2012

We rented a Gobo light from out of state. Everything was packaged securely with easy to follow directions and shipping instructions (which was already included in rental price). It looked amazing and we got a ton of compliments on it. Thanks for making it a breeze :)

Sent on 07/16/2012

Lindi · Married on 06/29/2012

Brian King was a fantastic DJ at our wedding reception! He used a perfect blend of professionalism, charisma, and flexibility throughout the evening that made the event run smoothly and seamlessly. He went above and beyond to help with set up tasks, coordinate with other vendors, and assist wherever possible...including finding someone to bring drinks to the wedding party while we were outside taking pictures! Brian was more than willing to accommodate modifications to the timeline, last minute changes or unexpected delays and frequently checked in with us to make sure we were all on the same page. Even when we lost power for the last hour of the reception, Brian continued to provide entertainment and music for the group through any means he could, whether that meant playing songs from his phone or beat boxing as a background beat for people to sing! It was an incredibly fun! Choosing him as our DJ was one of the best wedding planning decisions we made and we recommend him highly!

Sent on 07/16/2012
  • User2528873 · event on 06/25/2012

Very easy to use the projectors and gobos. Reasonably priced. I would definitely use this company again!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Meredith · Married on 06/23/2012

Wow....just wow. I can honestly say Superlative Events is responsible for turning our wedding into the most spectacular event ever. Since we used all their services, let me break it down by each type:

DJ:
    Jeff was our DJ and we also worked with Brian during the planning stages...both were absolutely incredible. We must have sent an obnoxious amount of emails to them asking questions, getting their advice, and adding details to the contract if we thought of a new idea or a song we just had to have. They were always extremely responsive and excited to add on the additional requests. When we first met with them, we really had no idea of the "flow" of a wedding. But Brian guided us through the schedule with ease and he knew exactly how to work with our style and theme. He suggested jazz/strings/light airy music to play before the ceremony while guests were being seated. During the cocktail they played some Frank Sinatra/Michael Buble (very cocktail-y) type of music and it was perfect. We never had to specify the particular songs, they just knew how to gauge the crowd and select appropriate songs.Once the reception started, Jeff was really impressive. We asked for a 90's music medley to start off the "party time" dancing and boy did we get one. Every single one of our friends jumped out of their seats and started screaming, dancing, and singing along with our favorite high school tunes. It was exactly what we had hoped for.

They even went as far as providing speakers for our deck outside and microphones for our singers and officiant during the ceremony. They really do just think of everything....I never would have known that the officiant needed a mic, but no one would have heard her if we didn't have it! Jeff himself was energetic, young and professional. Some DJs are super cheesy and I can't stand it. But Jeff was the perfect blend of classy, fun, and an overall great MC.

Lighting:
    If you are questioning whether or not you "need" lighting at an event...let me tell ya, the answer is YES!! It makes SUCH a huge difference. Uplighting around the room provided a faint purple hue (you can choose any color you can imagine). It was so classy looking. They also suggested bliss lighting on the ceiling which made the smaller event room feel like an elegant ballroom. The custom monogram light shining on the floor gave it our own personal touch. And my favorite- the cake lighting! Our photographers had a ball shooting the cake becase it just popped when the sun went down...it really showcased the cake the entire night. Brian even helped us order sparklers for our sendoff- truly a versatile company.

PHOTOBOOTH:
    Ben is fantastic - everyone loved his enthusiasm. They brought a whole box of props (awesome) and offered to provide a scrapbook that we didn't use simply because I had made my own. Ben made sure to save a copy of everyone's pictures and put them in a basket for us to keep. The photobooth itself is so cool. You can fit more than the standard 2 people in there- some people managed to squeeze in about 10! The quality of the pictures is perfect (I've seen some at bridal shows that stretch the image and look distorted) and they even post them to a public website for everyone to view afterwards. They also designed a logo at the bottom of the filmstrip that personalized it to our wedding. At the end of night, Ben grabbed the groom and myself and had us take some pictures in the booth. I am SO glad he did that- we got caught up in all the excitement we forgot to do it ourselves. The pics came out wonderfully and I'm glad we have them to add to our scrapbook. Even more importanly, the pricing on the photobooth is a steal! They were even cheaper than some of the livingsocial deals I've seen AND they stayed the whole event- what a deal!

I am beyond impressed with the professionalism and creativity of Superlative Events. Even when the prices were a over my original budget, they found ways to still give the same affect with a smaller dollar amount. Everyone is easy to work with and a pleasure to be around. THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR WEDDING SO SPECIAL!!!

Future customers- you really have the whole package here. They will undoubtably make your event one to remember :)

Sent on 06/29/2012

Kristen · Married on 06/22/2012

Needed a last minute Gobo (spotlight with couples names and initials). Superlative created the design, fabricated it and sent me the light, tripod, and instructions with return shipping label in less than 48 hours. Fantastic service and response!

Sent on 06/28/2012

Brian is the best to work with. He made our day so special! The photobooth was so much fun for our guests. All of the staff were very professional and never got in the way. THE BEST!!!

Sent on 01/16/2013

sharon · Married on 06/16/2012

I found Superlative Events online, looking for someone who could help me with designing a Gobo for a wedding reception. I contacted Superlative Events online and got a quick response. Not only was the response quick, but they were very professional, cost efficient, flexible in making sure you got what you were looking for and most of all, had great service. This was a great experience for me. I would definitely use this company again.

Sent on 06/19/2012

Katie · Married on 05/26/2012

Brian King was amazing to work with. All of our guests raved about the nice mixture of songs as well as the gorgeous lighting in the room! He really helped to make our reception a HUGH success. He even had our grandmothers dancing all night!

Sent on 05/28/2012

These guys were great to work with. Really responsive to our needs, flexible in working with the space, kept in touch ahead of time. We were at a wedding with Brian, who wasn't available for ours, though Jeff was available. Both DJS are great, have good taste in music and are thorough professionals. Book them!

Sent on 07/05/2012

Stephanie · Married on 03/16/2012

Superlative Events made our wedding wonderful! People have been asking us for our playlist:) Everything we could have every wanted for our big day you did! Thank you for creating the mood!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Stephanie · Married on 03/16/2012

Brian is THE BEST!!!!!!!!!! Really! As far as DJ's go, he is the ONLY ONE I would EVER hire!!!! He took the time to meticulously go over my playlist for the entire event. We had a lot of fun talking music. He helped us customize the day to really showcase our personalities, which meant a lot to me and my family. I can't say enough great things about them. They were worth every penny! He did an amazing job! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/31/2012
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 10/22/2011

We used Superlative Events to set up lighting during our reception. I emailed Brian just about 1 hundred times and he responded to every single one of my emails. Brian was so professional; I'd highly recommend this company.

The lighting was soo beautiful and a lot of my guests were blown away by it.

Sent on 10/25/2011

Gavin · event on 10/21/2011

Honestly, I am not one to give 5 out of 5 stars across the board, but Brian and Superlative Events is definitely top notch.

We had an open house for our new office space and Superlative Events went above and beyond in all aspects. Our party was Oktoberfest themed and Superlative Events provided lighted trees, hanging strand lights, colored up-lights, two gobos, full sound system, custom music playlist (of German music of course), and a full photobooth to transform our space into an indoor beer garden. Our guests could not stop talking about how the lights transformed the space and the photobooth was packed all evening. To top it all off, Brian was extremely professional, prompt, and genuinely interested in the party's success. He was also able to set-up and breakdown very quickly.

I cannot say enough about Superlative Events's expertise, enthusiasm, and professional attitude and equipment. Thank you Brian and Superlative Events!

Sent on 10/27/2011

Elica · Married on 09/18/2011

I Just want thank Brian King for working with me on renting the Gobo light projector for our wedding on 9.18.11 . I was super happy with the results on the dance floor!!! Brian was very helpfull throughout the process . Everything was just like he said it would be , the projector arrived on the time he said it would and was very easy assembling like he said it would be! totally recommend them ! Very satisfied!!! Thank you . Elica & Sam

Sent on 10/14/2011