Superfine Bakery Reviews

14 | Burbank, CA

14 Reviews for Superfine Bakery

Alby · Married on 07/11/2015

Andrea was a pleasure to work with throughout our planning process! Great space and delicious cake tasting. She created a wonderful cake for us and was truly fostering of our creative ideas! We almost went with a different vendor but it came down to the perfect TASTE of the cake! The cake was moist and perfectly sweet! It looked amazing the day of the wedding and guests truly enjoyed it! Thanks again for adding that BATMAN, too! ;) I got away with that one!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Greg · Married on 03/15/2015

OK, as a dad with two daughters, I can preface this review by saying that wedding cakes aren't cheap! Our daughter wanted a customized look to her wedding cake's coloring, and Superfine created it exactly to her specifications and delivered it on time and in beautiful condition. They didn't provide a suitable container for the requisite top layer of the cake that the bride and groom want to freeze for preservation, so you might want to ask for that.

Sent on 04/04/2015

Natalie · Married on 10/26/2014

Superfine Bakery was a dream to work with. Andrea made the cake planning task easy and uncomplicated. I had a custom cake topper which I had made to use on our cake. We conversed via email to start with so I could get ideas and costs up front. Then we did a tasting and WOW!, if we weren’t already sold, we certainly were after the first bite. My then fiancé, now husband, and I thought we knew exactly what we wanted but after trying everything we really had to think on it. We ended up going with the pink velvet and it was amazing. The cakes from Superfine are gourmet quality and the combination options are unlike most out there. I would recommend Superfine over and over again, in fact I already have!

Sent on 04/23/2015

Stephanie · Married on 09/14/2013

Hey did you know you can have a beautiful wedding cake and enjoy eating it too?

We got married in September and Andrea made us a gorgeous cake covered with cascading sugar flowers. It was a major feature in our wedding, and we couldn't have been more pleased with the result.

We went to the Glendale office for a tasting in April. Located in a small cluster of wedding-related businesses, it wasn't the kind of bakery you'd walk into for a cupcake. Even so, it was very cute, decorated to appeal to affianced clients. Andrea welcomed us warmly, and we sat at a little table while she served up some cake. She paired four types of cake with four types of frosting, and all combinations were delicious. We decided on tiers of champagne cake with strawberry frosting and chocolate with espresso. The cakes were moist and the frostings flavorful, with nothing overly sugary.

While we were there, we also talked about cake design. I whipped out my Pinterest board and she showed us some pictures of past cakes. I flagged some favorites and she took note. We signed a contract on the spot.

Between April and September, she designed our cake, emailing us sketches along the way. Just to be clear - it wasn't five months of continuous work and contact. We signed off on a couple things and she did the rest.

The cake was magnificent, straight out of a picture book. The proportions and details were in keeping with what we discussed, and the overall look just surpassed all expectations. The sugar flowers were so lovely and intricate they looked like they'd been borrowed from the florist. The cake was also as delicious as it had been at the tasting. I wouldn't have been upset if it had been otherwise, but that was a huge bonus.

Andrea is making us a miniature version for our anniversary, and we look forward to enjoying our wedding cake again. I can't recommend Superfine enough - both service and cake were just wonderful.

Sent on 12/04/2013

Jordan · Married on 06/14/2013

"Best cake I've ever eaten!" -- We heard that from multiple guests. Andrea's cake was delicious as well as absolutely beautiful. Her sugar flowers are PERFECT. We were so impressed by Andrea at our initial meeting. We weren't quite sure what we wanted or what was even possible but she helped us figure out what we liked and as far as both design and flavors. We continued to be impressed by Andrea's professionalism throughout the process and enjoyed working with her. Our cake turned out absolutely amazing and we could not have been happier with our choice!

Sent on 07/30/2013
  • I

Ian · Married on 06/09/2012

RAD!!! guys, if you're looking for something to take care of cuz your girl is going nuts accusing you of not getting involved in the wedding planning, call Andrea from Superfine Bakery and all will be forgiven. This girl was all over it with sketches of possible cake designs, going back and forth until my girl was happy and excited to try the samples. Hey, i took care of something! I found the cake and Superfine came with seriously the most delicious coconut lime wedding cake i have ever had. My new wife's old man stole her piece at the wedding and made no apologies about it. Thanks so much Superfine!!

Sent on 06/23/2012
  • The Happy Couple

Jeffrey & Felicity · Married on 03/25/2012

From the first email interaction we had with Andrea of Superfine Bakery, we knew she was the perfect choice for our wedding. Her website alone sold us as there were so many pictures of some of the gorgeous cakes she has created. Once she emailed me a picture of a sugar gardenia confection, we knew that anything we could dream up, she could deliver. The only problem we had was narrowing down our choices because everything she showed us, we wanted! We met her face to face during our tasting and as my sister describes, Andrea was a doll! - a pure delight to work with. She already knew that we wanted chocolate, so she presented us with four amazing cake choices, each one of them so decadent and delectable, incorporating different variations of chocolate with some alternate options. Again, the hardest part was narrowing down our selection to three. The tasting was so much fun, we could not wait for the real cake. She provided us with three design choices, each one so unique and creative. We were beyond pleased with our choice as she took our vision and made it into a beautiful and elegant work of art. We almost didn't want to eat it, it was so gorgeous! The sugar gardenia and orchid confections were exquisite, we could not believe they were not real flowers. Andrea even provided some extras for me to take and display in our home, and delicately packaged them up for me so that they will be keepsakes forever. The cakes each tasted divine. We couldn't pick a favorite, we loved them all. They were the best three pieces of cake we have ever had, and we never turn down cake. In fact, there wasn't any cake leftover at the end of the night, and some guests claim they didn't get a piece, while others said they had a piece of all three! There was plenty of cake to go around, it was just too good to pass up and stop at one piece. We look forward to our first anniversary when Andrea will provide us with a small version of our wedding cake - an amazing gift! Yum-my. (Thank you Andrea!)

Sent on 05/03/2012

margie · Married on 08/06/2011

We planned a destination wedding from NYC to Long Beach California, so choosing the right vendor for each component was essential for our sanity and the final outcome. We couldn't have been more pleased with Andrea Boudewijn at Superfine. Her initial responsiveness and enthusiasm for our cake concept sold us on her in the beginning. The result was a few months of fun collaboration, and a beautiful display at the end. We chose to do a number of small cakes rather than one large, and they were lovely (and delicious). We got many compliments from our guests.

Sent on 08/09/2011

Laura · Married on 06/19/2011

Superfine could also be called Superamazing! We were thrilled with the cake that Andrea designed for our wedding. Her sugar designs are flawless and the cake actually tastes good! You can tell she really has a vast culinary knowledge and a passion for what she does. We didn't feel like we were just another customer at a bakery.

Sent on 06/26/2011

Seth · Married on 09/24/2010

Andrea at Superfine is super awesome! She went the extra mile in every way she could to created an absolutely lovely cake, that everyone raved about! Her attitude was always very professional, but wonderfully warm and pleasant at the same time. I HIGHLY recommend her cakes and other sweet treats (esp the caramels) and can't wait to work with her again. Luckily for me, my brother just got engaged last week and he and his fiance is excited to meet with Andrea! In the meantime, perhaps a cake for the holidays? :-D

Sent on 09/30/2010

julie · Married on 07/03/2010

I've seen many of Andrea's amazing designs, and got to taste her creations as she was working on them, and I can say that the incredible esthetics of her pieces match the deliciousness of their taste. I'm a total addict of her salty caramels (Fleur des sel caramels), which make great favors for weddings. Superfine Bakery is all about quality, and it shows.

Sent on 08/04/2010

D · Married on 04/10/2010

Andrea did an outstanding job for us. We found out about her through a referral and were completed delighted by our experience.

We were immediately impressed by her level of professionalism, preparation and organization. Our entire experience was customized. She requested any photos we had of cakes that we liked, which is pretty standard. But she also wanted to see our invitation and anything else that would give her a sense of the feeling that we were going for in our wedding.

At our initial meeting she brought samples with icing, additional icing and additional unfrosted cake so that we could really have a sense of the possibilities. She has great options (and not run-of-the-mill ones) for cake and icing choices. Andrea had also prepared lovely sketches, including one that incorporated the architectural details (ZigZag Deco) of the reception site.

We selected a design that incorporated the Calla lilies in my bouquet. It's amazing how detail-oriented she is (which we loved). She went to our florist to match the Calla lilies (there's actually more than one type of Calla lily, which we certainly didn't know). She wanted to make sure to get it right. They were incredibly lifelike and beautiful AND she matched the invitation color (a cool metallic champagne color with a hint of green) to create the bands around the cake.

Our cake was spectacular and tasty. We know that for sure, because we had cake set aside for us so that we wouldn't miss out.

Andrea is a true artist who is a pleasure to work with. How wonderful to find someone who really is all about what you want, and helping you to achieve your vision.

Sent on 10/28/2010

Linda · Married on 05/17/2014

I was so, so pleased with my wedding cake! The owner of the bakery is just the nicest and she is a true artist and professional. In fact, when it came time to pick a bakery, we went with Superfine because we knew we were going to get a cake that someone put a lot of love and care into. Our cake tasting was so lovely! Many bakeries just kind of move you along quickly or they ditch you with out much help. We had every flavor explained to us and then we looked over some design possibilities together. My husband and she actually designed the cake (I had no idea what it was going to look like!) It had the most beautiful sugar succulents and rolled white chocolate designs on the outside. So clean and modern and spectacular. People were shocked that that was our real cake it looked so perfect. But the best part: it tasted amazing and so natural.

Couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Kat · Married on 04/02/2011

Andrea at Superfine Bakery was amazing, the experience was great and the cake looked perfect, she was so helpful and as a chef myself I thought her cake was far superior to any of the other tastings I went to

Sent on 05/04/2011