Sunset Harbor Reviews

31 | Daytona Beach, FL

31 Reviews for Sunset Harbor

Lauren · Married on 06/01/2013

Sunset Harbor Yacht Club was an INCREDIBLE venue, we could have not asked for a better location to hold our wedding. From the views on the deck and in the ballroom, to the food, to the ambiance, to the service -- just WOW. Carley was amazing and truly held your hand from start to finish. She's very laid-back, but 100% on top of her game making every decision easy, no pressure. She's been in the business for a long time and her experience shows. Our cocktail hour got rained out, but the Monte Carlo room was a great alternative. Carley prepped us for the possibility of rain, so it went smoothly. A little tight/warm for 150 people in June, so keep that in mind. I can't tell you how many people RAVED about the food at cocktail hour and the main course. SW Grill outdid themselves and gained new restaurant guests out of everyone that was at the wedding. My dad is excited to come visit soon so we can eat there again.

Lauren · Married on 06/01/2013

Julie · Married on 04/26/2013

Sunset Harbor was the first place we looked at in person when searching for wedding venues and we fell in love and decided right there that it would be our place for our wedding. The outdoor area for your ceremony is breathtaking and the reception area inside is amazing. Carely Rodriquez the banquet manager is right there with you from the moment you decide to have your wedding there. She helps you with every detail and is always just a phone call or visit away. She is there with you on your wedding day making sure every little detail is taken care of and makes your day stress free. By the time the wedding was here, I felt like she was a friend and she was there with me until I walked down the isle. From the beautiful venue, to the amazing food and staff we just couldn't have asked for a better day. I highley recommend Sunset Harbor to anyone that is looking for the perfect place for their wedding!

Shelley · Married on 03/01/2013

It was an absolute pleasure to work with the Sunset Harbor Yacht Club staff. Everyone went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. All the pre-planning that was done with Carley Rodriguez made the day a breeze. She is amazing to work with!! The total experience was just as I expected it to be. I highly recommend putting them on your list of venues to consider. A++++ Thank you again for making our day so special!

Suzanne · Married on 02/16/2013

I planned my wedding long distance from Nebraska and picked the reception site by internet. We didn't see the location until the day before the wedding. The pictures online were true to life and the venue was stunning. We had family from all over the country, and everyone was really impressed. The food was fantastic. Carley, the coordinator, was great. She really worked with me to get everything just right. I highly recommend this venue.

linda · Married on 11/11/2012

We were married at sunset harbor in November of 2012. Everything is beautiful I couldn't have asked for more. They have everything down to the detail and everyone is very nice

Nikki · Married on 11/03/2012

Sunset Harbor Yacht Club was the most beautiful and amazing venue. My husband and I were searching venues for about 2 months before finding Sunset Harbor. The first time we visited, we fell inlove with the view, ceremony area, reception area and the staff. We dealt with Carly Rodriguez (Wedding Coordinator for SH) on a weekly basis and received the best service and responsiveness from any other vendor we dealt with. She was very flexible to make last minute changes for us and made sure everything ran smoothly. The professionalism of Carly and Colleen (Another coordinator at SH) was exceptional. After the wedding, we had numerous comments on how amazing the venue was, the food was great, and the great service from the staff. We would recommend Sunset Harbor to anyone. Thank you Carly, Colleen, and the rest of the Sunset Harbor staff for making our dream wedding come true! Nikki & Pat

Samantha · Married on 09/22/2012

I'm excited to rate this venue because they made my dreams come true!!! When I walked into the reception, it was everything I wanted and more! They turned my dreams into a reality. Carley, Colleen, and Kathleen were very helpful & responsive to all of my wants and desires!!! They helped me feel like a princess!!! Even down to having hairspray for me when I forgot to pack extra! I would recommend this venue to anyone who dreams of an elegant fairytale wedding. It was absolutely perfect! The only thing that I wanted was more time to enjoy the night! Thank you SHYC!

Paige · Married on 06/16/2012

They were very helpful and sincerely wanted the day to be as beautiful as possible for myfiance and I. They worked with us to meet all of our needs with the budget we had. I would recommend then to anyone! And the food was amazing! We had several chefs as guests who are hard to please and even they raved about the taste and quality of the food.

• Patricia & Derek

Patricia · Married on 05/27/2012

Carley was very helpful throughout the planning process. She helped give me ideas with the food and beverage menus to make it more cost efficient. Carley and Colleen were right there throughout my wedding day to make sure it flowed the way I wanted and to make sure it was a fun stress free day for me. I would defiantly recommend Sunset Harbor to anyone looking for a beautiful river view, excellent food, beautiful venue, and organized staff!

Kamari · Married on 05/05/2012

Beautiful site, everyone is very pleasent, the staff is amazing. Our families felt welcomed by everyone.

Ashley · Married on 04/14/2012

I loved having my wedding at Sunst Harbor! Everything was perfect and a large part of that was because everyone there was so professional. I would recommend facility it was so beautiful and everyone who worked there was very professional.

Stephanie · Married on 03/03/2012

Thanks to the efficiency, organization, and attention to detail, my wedding day at Sunset Harbor Yacht Club was the epitome of vintage glamour and elegance. Without the constant communication provide by the Carley, Kathleen, and Coleen, my day would not have been as flawless as it was. I did not need to worry about anything on my big day, except to have fun and try to relax. My day would not have been the same without the team at SHYC!

Michael · Married on 11/25/2011

My wife & I are both Professionals in the Wedding Industry, so when we chose our reception venue, we knew the things to look for. Sunset Harbor offered exactly what we wanted for our wedding! As a Photographer, and having photographed dozens of weddings & events there over the years, I already knew its beauty. My wife owns a floral & decor business & has also decorated the property many times - so she too was super-excited about choosing Sunset Harbor. The service was great, the food yummy! All in all, we both whole-heartedly recommend Sunset Harbor!
    ~ Michael & Rachael

Crystal · Married on 08/05/2011

My mother, husband to be, mother in law to be, and myself went to Sunset on a whim to check it out. We immediately knew this is where we wanted our special day. Its a beautiful facility. Everyone was so amazing at Sunset Harbor. They exceeded my expectations and had little surprises along the way that made our night so special. Carley, Kathleen, and Colleen were so helpful and really helped in bringing my vision to reality. I would recommend this facility to anyone who wants to have an unforgettable event.

Joann · Married on 08/05/2011

My daughters wedding was held at Sunset. My expectations for her ceremony and wedding were very high. It was BIG shoes to fill for Sunset..but THEY DID IT!!! I would not have changed one thing for that day. It was PERFECT. I would highly recommend Sunset for your special day.

Greta · Married on 01/15/2011

The view is breath taking. We had an evening wedding and the view as spectular. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Everything was wonderful and perfect. The staff was outstanding. My husband and I are both in the hospitality industry( Hilton & Hyatt)
    The service was far beyond our expectations. Colleen & Devon were wonderful. We meet Mr. Upton on the sun deck and conveyed our appreciation and compliments to the staff. He took a picture with us! Our guest were floored by the decor, view and food. We continue to receive compliments on the venue and service.

NICHOLE · Married on 11/06/2010

The most beautiful place to have your wedding. The building, location, and the view was wonderfull. The ladies who helped me throughout the whole process were knowledgeable and always available when I needed them. You might pay a little extra but it is worth every penny. I knew I had nothing to worry about. The food was outstanding and the banquet staff was on the ball. Everything was set up just perfectly the way I wanted it and the building was spotless. Ladies... the monte carlo room was a life saver. If you want plenty of room for your bridesmaids and other family members to get ready in, the upgrade is highly recommended.

jasmine · Married on 06/19/2010

Reception site was amazing. The service of the staff was great.
    A little slow on the communication but they were going through a turnover with their staff.
    Dayt of the wedding was great. Use of the bridal suite all ready for me and the bridal party and food waiting for us upon arrival.

Patrick · Married on 06/19/2010

My wife and I had a very good experiance on our wedding day!

• tamariffic

Tamara · Married on 11/07/2009

Once I laid eyes on this place I knew I had to have my wedding there. It is the most beautiful facility I've seen in a long time of searching for the perfect one. Once you get passed the contracts and particulars, the people there are a pleasure to work with and easy to communicate with. They made my wedding so special and beautiful. The banquet staff was very professional, the food was delicious!

Anne · Married on 06/13/2009

Sunset Harbor Yacht Club was a great place to get married. From the beautiful staircase to the waterfront terrace you can't go wrong. The staff was friendly and professional, the food was delicious and the venue was unforgettable. One of the reasons we chose the yacht club is that they have an excellent back-up plan to outdoor ceremonies in case of bad weather. We had to use this back-up and got married on a lit spiral staircase which was beautiful and many of the guests reported back that they enjoyed the intimate feel of this setting.

jen · Married on 02/28/2009

Such a beautiful site! They were so fabulous all night and the food was amazing!!! 5 star all around!

Katie · Married on 06/14/2008

Absolutely amazing location. Beautiful venue set along the inter coastal waterway in Daytona Beach, FL. The room was a gorgeous, non-partitioned space with large gorgeous windows overlooking the waterway; located on the second level of the venue. Management was excellent and made every possible attempt to provide what we needed and still save us money. They also gave great recommendations for photography, DJ, flowers, and numerous other wedding services. We looked at a vast many venues in Orlando including Disney World, the Grand Cypress, Gaylord Palms, and others. None of these compared for the price or for the scenery and beauty like that of Sunset Harbor. Every single one of our guests said this was the best wedding they have ever been to which I think says it all.

Rachel · Married on 03/25/2012

Sunset Harbor was an amazing facility for our ceremony and reception. Everyone we work with was helpful, friendly, and made us feel like our day was the most important day on their books. Carley and Coleen are both wonderful to work with and really help to make the day seamless. Their tips and suggestions were always right on point and I'm glad we decided to have our wedding day at Sunset Harbor.