Sunset Gardens Reviews

128 | Las Vegas, NV

128 Reviews for Sunset Gardens

My husband and I got married here in June, 2013. We dealt with Tony up until the wedding rehearsal. He was easy and fun to work with, in person and over the phone (we're from out of state).

Chris was our day of wedding coordinator and he was awesome! He really knows what he's doing and you can tell he enjoys it.

Our photographer was Spencer and we love our wedding photos! We also added videography to our wedding package. Ralph was our videographer. If you want a beginning to end video of your wedding day, we highly recommended getting it. There were some pictures that we wanted that the photographer wasn't able to get, but we were happy the event was captured on video.

Our DJ was Dale. The minister and DJ didn't contact us until 2 days before the wedding, which did add some stress. The biggest complaint we have is that the DJ was rude to some of the guests who made song requests. After watching the video, we did see that he was late in starting the music when he introduced the bridal party at the reception. Also, he was on his cell phone during the Mother/Son dance when we were signaling him to end the song. Other than that, it was still a decent experience.

The minister was great. We asked for a short ceremony with a little bit of religion, and he did just that.

The food was delicious! We got lots of compliments, especially on the prime rib. Our friends and family loved that the whole evening was open bar. There was a server, we believe her name is Shirley. Well, she was so sweet and she took care of us all night!

We also added a photobooth. It was big-- fit more than 10 people, but it wasn't as modern in that an actual person took the pictures and it didn't have the screen that lets you see how you look or if you're all going to fit in the picture. It was still fun though.

Overall, we had a great experience and a beautiful wedding. We highly recommend Sunset Gardens!

Sent on 06/29/2013

Tara · Married on 05/28/2011

The only problem we had with Sunset Gardens was that they promised us an extra half our of our reception (which we planned the limos around) and of course we did not get it. Other than that everything was perfect. It looked absolutely beautiful! They had my colors perfect. Everything was on time. It was organized. The food was amazing! Not one guest had anything bad to say about our day. The all inclusive package at Sunset Gardens is the way to go. They make planning a breeze!

Sent on 06/28/2011
  • Anna M

Anna · Married on 04/02/2016

I loved how everything turned out! The ceremony and the reception were amazing and everyone had a great time. The food was amazing and the cake was a hit! Michelle did a good job on making sure everything went smoothly and helped me by not having to worry about anything. The services we used through were all nice and did a great job. They made our day even more memorable by letting us enjoy our day and our guests. I would recommend Sunset Gardens to anyone! I can't wait to get our pictures and video so I can see what I didn't see when I was doing other stuff. Both of those services was provided by them also.

Sent on 04/04/2016

Kimberly · Married on 03/12/2016

We held our wedding and reception here and all of our guests said they had an amazing time. The staff was friendly and helpful, they contact you when it's time to coordinate your flowers, menu, DJ, photographer and cake. I absolutely loved my cake and flowers, they were exactly how I wanted them to be. The only downside was that our cake serving set was either misplaced or lost and we weren't able to retrieve it which was important to me because I really wanted to have it as a keepsake. Also after receiving our video and photos we noticed that we didn't have anything after the garter toss. If I had know they would leave at that point I probably would have wanted to hire them until the end of the reception. Otherwise overall great value for the price.

Sent on 04/26/2016

K · Married on 04/22/2012

Very pleased with Sunset Gardens! They took care of everything, made it so much easier on me. I would recommend this venue to anyone! My wedding turned out perfect, and so beautiful. My package was all inclusive, besides flowers, but we got a $300 credit to their florist. The florist was amazing, our cake was delicious and beautiful, food was perfect. My only complaint is that the photographer they provided was a complete jerk and I am not happy with my photos. Wish I would have hired someone else!!!

Sent on 05/24/2012

Alexis · Married on 04/06/2009

Sunset Gardens is an amazingly beautiful place for a wedding and reception.The grounds are beautiful and the whole wedding facility was elegantly decorated.It all came to life at night with all the lights and music and the outdoor garden was a great spot for photos.The staff made sure that we didn't worry about anything and planned out our whole night.We got an amazing deal from them and are glad that they where part of our wedding.

Sent on 06/10/2009

Carlene · Married on 07/02/2006

3.5

Sunset Gardens is a wonderful venue to have a traditional reception in a non-traditional town (Las Vegas). I wanted to get married at a casino, but I also wanted to have a 'real' reception, a la dinner and dancing. I was extremely pleased with SG!

It was a breeze to book. After viewing the location on a personal vacation, I decided it was perfect! I called about 11 mos ahead of my wedding date (don't know if you'd have to book so early, but I knew when we were doing it, and why wait?), provided a deposit and received a packet a few days later in the mail.

Sunset Gardens is an all-inclusive place (at least for the reception, i didn't really look into their ceremony packages), meaning the per-head price covers the room, basic decorations, dinner (with wait staff), optional bar, DJ, and cake!

All in all it was a great experience, with very personal service the entire time.

Might I also add that the DJ (whose name escapes me) was quite possibly the best DJ i've heard at any wedding. Granted, I was a bit high in the moment, but I loved him! as did many of my guests, who made a point to tell me so. He kept the entire night moving smoothly, and was even spinning some songs off vinyl! how many DJs do you see doing that nowadays?

Sent on 01/02/2008

Everyone loved the wedding and everyone was very professional.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2012

We love, loved our wedding at Sunset Gardens. We had so many friends & family tell us how beautiful the venue was & how delicious the food was. Tony was awesome & had the patience with my crazy crew (when I didn't, lol). I would recommend Sunset Gardens to anyone getting married in Vegas. They provide everything for you and takes a lot of the stress out of planning your BIG day.

Sent on 10/10/2012

April · Married on 09/24/2011

3.5

Sunset Gardens was awesome!! My husband and I were going for the complete fairy tale look and that is exactly what we got! Our white lighted ceremony was beautiful and intimate. Tony and Chris were always there to answer all our questions and make sure everything went smoothly. I did not have to do any planning when it came to the venue, food, cake, pictures, DJ, and flowers. Sunset Gardens took care of everything! They definitely know what they are doing. The food was really good and our guests were very happy with the open bar. We were able to hire a Mariachi to play during cocktail hour which was important to us. I would recommend Sunset Gardens to anyone who wants a stress free, gorgeous, and affordable wedding, but there were a couple mis-steps. As soon as our wedding coordinator went home the service seemed to slack. Our plates were cleared without even touching our food, water glasses, drink glasses, and toasting glasses were cleared from our tables without even being asked. My husband only got one glass of champagne and the server wouldn't leave us the left over in the bottle. He wasn't very happy that we couldn't toast anymore. I took two bites of my cake, turned around to visit with someone, turned back around and my cake was gone! Speaking of cake, our cake was sliced up and placed at every place setting, so most of it was wasted and we had to go into the kitchen to get the leftovers, which was not very much. We felt that everything else was perfect at Sunset Gardens except the service at the end of the night.

Sent on 09/28/2011

joanne · Married on 05/07/2011

got wed here 7may2011, brought 50 guests from theu.k. everything was perfect from food cakes drinks, steamed my dress, staff, everybody did a brilliant job making my day go as smoothly as possible which it did, beautiful place-couldnt of asked for anymore for my perfect wedding!

Sent on 05/19/2011
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/20/2009

After all the hoops I made Sunset Gardens jump though for me, I only feel as though it's fair to give them the review they deserve. We had the most amazing wedding at Sunset Gardens. We got married in the chapel, a small ceremony with only 50 guests on Saturday, June 20th. Tony pushed for an 8pm start time, but many of our guests were from the Midwest, so we opted for 6:30pm instead. He wasn't very happy at our decision, but it worked out perfectly.

VENUE: As with many others, I searched all over town and saw almost every chapel in the city before finding Sunset Gardens. We were about to elope when looking one final time and found this. We put down our deposit and heard nothing from anyone-- ever. I'd read many reviews about their untimely planning so I took matters into my own hands. I did everything, researched and booked flowers, called and met the photographer, called and set my own appointment to do the final ordering of the linens and food. I found the DJ's number and called him. The only person who called me was the Reverend. I can't comment on their timeliness, because I did take matters into my own hands! I like to be in control of things! If you read the reviews and are worried when people say Sunset Gardens waited until the last minute... just call them yourself! Everything was beautiful though. Chris was our wedding coordinator day of. He was very professional and direct. They had everything down to a science, from when they would let people park to telling me jokes right before I walked down the aisle to calm my nerves. He stayed out of the way when everything got flowing and I didn't see him after the party got started.

PHOTO: The pictures during the day turned out amazing... the ones that were at night, were AWFUL. We were so grateful that we went with the early time, because all of our pictures would've turned out like the ones they took during the reception. They dragged us outside in the middle of our reception to do pictures (which I was NOT happy about, but they insisted we take shots outside with the twinkle lights at night). My husband wears glasses and there were shadows from them all over both of us. The photographer missed some really important shots to me and kind of seemed unorganized at times. Don't get me wrong, he did a great job and stayed out of the way most of the time, but I just wish we would have had a little bit more variety.

FLOWERS: We used their flower shop-- Petals. I found a bouquet I loved on their website and I ordered that one. I was worried because they never looked it up while I was there, they just kept saying, oh yeah I know which one that is.... but they were GORGEOUS. They were my favorite part of the whole day. The corsages were perfect, Jason had a de-pedaled rose that was amazing and the colors were exactly what I wanted. I'd read a few worrisome reviews on them as well, but my flowers were FLAWLESS.

I used their DJ--Syd. We played phone tag for 2 days but when I finally talked to him, he told me to e-mail him a list of songs we wanted played, and he played every one of them. He was great. He read the crowd on what made people dance and what didn't and stuck with a great format. He was SUPER nice and very calming actually. He even got Jason and me a glass of champagne while we were waiting for our introduction at the reception.

We weren?t crazy about the food, but our guests said it was great. The open bar of course was a hit, and the bartender was great. Our wedding cake was TO DIE FOR. We ordered from their cake lady?Kathy. We paid extra to have a cherry blossom cake?it was marble cake with chocolate mousse. All of our guests are still raving about it. It was only $50 extra to have the fancier cake and it was totally worth it.

Overall our wedding was beautiful. The revered was great and the ceremony lasted about 15 minutes. We used the contemporary vows which were gorgeous. We used their ceremony music which still gives me goose bumps because of how beautiful it was. I would recommend Sunset Gardens to anyone. Your wedding day is yours to make or break?!! Just remember you are the one that is in control!

Sent on 07/30/2009
  • AndixLyn

Andi · Married on 06/26/2015

So far I have been incredibly impressed by Sunset Gardens. All Inclusive in Vegas and NOT a Casino or Golf Course. Tony is incredibly friendly and personable and makes you feel welcome and special. Communication has been great. Our wedding is not until June 2015 and I am already in awe. I know it will be wonderful and will continue to review them through the amazing process!!

Sent on 09/03/2014

3.5

The venue was beautiful and just as magical as Tony said it would be. The ambiance, flowers, food, cake, minister, videographer, service staff, and DJ were amazing. The only service I would not recommend would be the photographer. I was given advice to find my own photographer and I wish I would have listened. The food and cake were definitely a favorite !!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Debra · Married on 09/03/2011

My daughter got married there Sept 3, 2011 everything went great, Minister, Food, Dj, Photographer, Tony was awesome! But there was 1 thing WRONG the Flowers! We ordered them from Petals Told and Showed them the colors of the wedding party even showed them the color of a swatch that we took with us, and they still didn't get it right! How are you going to mix up Wine with Orange OMG HORRIBLE HORRIBLE! The girls and guys walking with the color Wine on and here's all these orange flowers! Then the cake lady Kathy who's a nice lady, we told her to put flowers on the cake of the same ones we will have at the wedding reception, which she said she'll call Petals and get that information and use the same flowers on the cake, OMG and what did we get RED ROSES! Are you kidding me i thought it was some kind of joke! My daughters face dropped when she saw it but to late to do anything! She was absolutely beautifu,l the wedding party looked great but the flowers in the pictures looks hiddious!!! If wasn't for that it would have been pretty much perfect! I don't know what happened with that but i hope it don't happen to anyone else it's just very upsetting especially when you spent $2,900 on flowers that isn't your color!!! Sincerely Mother Of The Bride

Sent on 09/27/2011
  • Ceane

Ceane · Married on 06/06/2009

I can't speak for anyone else, but my wedding at Sunset Garden was wonderful! I had some concerns because of reviews I'd read and because sometimes Tony would seem a little nonchalant prior to the wedding. However the day of my wedding couldn't have been more wonderful. Tony was extremely professional and on his stuff. Staff was attentive. Flowers were gorgeous, food and cake was delicious and the dj (Syd) was a huge hit.

A few reviews I'd read mentioned that the staff starts to clean up early. I did notice that, but my guests were already up and around having a good time, so it didn't even matter.

Also had a chance to work with all of their associated vendors except for the photographer. I had a great experience with Bowties, Michelle's, Tiers of Joy, Joleon and Petals. They are all wonderful businesses.

My guests still can't stop raving about the venue and say it was one of the best weddings they've ever attended. Although it went by entirely too fast I'd have to agree. The only thing I wish I could have had was more time.

Sent on 06/23/2009

crystal · Married on 05/15/2009

I was so impressed with everything! The planning process was so easy and not stressful at all. The cost was very reasonable. The actual day went very smoothly. The food and cake was delicious. My only complaint was that the reception room looks like it needs some work. The dance floor was damaged and the walls and building was a tad run down. Overall, the grounds were beautiful. One thing to consider is I never even heard one plane fly overhead, but the video did have loud planes like every five minutes. I had a beautiful and perfect wedding at Sunset Gardens and would recommend this venue.

Sent on 03/03/2010
  • Kito

Krystal · Married on 01/11/2009

Sunset Gardens is simply beautiful... I loved it the moment I walked in.. they are basically all inclusive... which was nice since i was doing a destination wedding... I used the large out side ceremony and reception hall... at the beginning it was hard to communicate with them but it got alot better as we went.. they were very flexible with payments and were always very cheerful and nice... very professional.. they're catering was amazing... very efficient... and the coordinator did amazing.. i wasn't stressed at all.. i knew everything was being covered... good luck to all you future brides.. and you will not be disappointed...

Sent on 04/27/2010
  • VintageVegas

Hailey · Married on 01/08/2016

4.2

We just were married on January 8, 2016 with a ceremony only package. First we loved the ceremony space and the bridal suite. My hair appointment was done faster than I expected, but Tony let me in early (normally on 30 minutes prior to the wedding the bride can be in the bridal suite.) There was champagne, a bathroom, and tons of mirrors in the room for me to get ready. (We had so much champagne that we saved most of it for after the ceremony.)

Tony was great with organizing when we were to walk in, which order, everything!

Petals did an AMAZING job on my flowers and they were exactly what I had asked for! Petals is there in house florist.

The officiant was great, we had a non religious ceremony and it was beautiful. His wife called us before the wedding to ask if we had vows, which we did and he made it flow so well!

My only word of caution is Dana the photographer. My husband had a nose bleed right after we were married, so in all the family pictures his nose is bleeding and his face is bright red. We asked if he could go clean up his nose and we were told we had to hurry to get the pictures done. I spoke with Tony after the wedding about this and he said that if he knew, he would have told Dana to chill for a minute while my husband got his nose to stop. The pictures were okay, very posed and not candid like I asked. It does not help that I come from a family of wedding photographers (whom all were told to take the day off and enjoy), they were more upset with how Dana was than we were. Thankfully you do get full rights to your photos on a CD (maybe USB would be better with today's technology if we were to get nit picky) so my family is able to edit all the pictures.

Overall for the price that we paid, the ceremony we picked, and planning from the opposite side of the US, all came together very well!

Sent on 02/03/2016

4.2

Sunset Gardens is a beautiful place to get married. They are very accomodating. We had 175 guests in the big room. They allow outside vendors as well which was great because it helped me create the vision I wanted. Michelle was a wonderful wedding coordinator. She is calm and she helped me get through my little dilemmas. She is just wonderful to work with. The lights in the garden were lovely. I loved everything. Pastor Larry was good. The cake was delicious. The DJ was a bit tough to get a hold of days prior to the wedding but on the day of the wedding he knew what he was doing so we had nothing to worry about really. Food was good although we did not get food tasting.

Sent on 10/15/2014
  • LeroysGrl

Amanda · Married on 08/27/2009

3.5

Sunsets Gardens is a beautiful place to get married! The process of booking our package was quite easily explained and understandable. We got a package that included the ceremony, reception, officant (we used our own though), DJ, A 7 course buffet (bride and groom are brought their food), Photography (who does do photoshop retouch). Invitations, and our cake and flowers were available onsite and they do give credits towards your cake, flowers, and invitations. I must admit everything ran smoothly, for the most part. A couple of bumps with invitations being wrong but I don't blame Michelle's bridal because myself and my mother didn't catch it either. We also ordered beautiful memorial vases for my deceased grandparents from her and there were issues with etching but Michelle handled it beautifully! DJ was wonderful and played a lot of songs we loved. Photographer I had was great and took about 360 photos. the guy I dealt with to talk about the picture taking seemed rushed and didn't care about my little fears of having photos with double-chins ( a great stress was placed on me after that), my husbands stye (which he of course had to get right before the wedding), so I dislike him greatly, but the guy with me on my day was wonderful! overall the bumps don't out weigh the fact I had a great day!!!

Sent on 09/08/2009

Nancy · Married on 04/26/2008

3.0

I liked the fact that the ceremony and reception were in the same location and not at a cheesy Vegas casino. I was married inside in the chapel, which was beautiful! I liked that the package was pretty much all inclusive. I did not like the photographer that was included in the package, and my pictures and the whole photography process ended up being the worst part of my day. The DJ was a bit weak, but may just young. The food was excellent and Patty does a great job setting up the reception area.

Sent on 06/01/2008

Kathy · Married on 09/29/2013

I'm the mother of the groom. Venue and food is great but here it is November and my daughter in law is having the most difficult time getting the photos. Plus check the contract apparently photo shop is extra and there is no link provided from what we have seen so for those of us out of town can order pictures. Suggestion to Tony and his team is choose a different vendor for photos at this point it's ridiculous and I'm considering contacting the Better Business Bureau. Would only recommend if they assist in getting these photos which were part of the contract. Read the fine print and ask questions
    I conducted business as mother of the groom I did not sign contract but contacted the establishment about tux rental

Sent on 11/24/2013

Courtney · Married on 03/07/2009

3.0

Sunset Gardens was actually not our first choice as a venue, however, because my parents were paying for the wedding, it was their first choice. Therefore we had to choose Sunset Gardens. We booked this over a year in advance and were told that they would contact us for everything. I was actually the one calling them asking when to do what because they save all of the planning till the last minute which made me so nervous. I used their florist which was a great idea on my part...the flowers were beautiful. However, I had read poor reviews about the DJ and wanted to book my own. Unfortunately, food and the DJ are the only things that you cannot bring in from the outside. :( I used their cake lady Kathy and SHE IS AMAZING! Our cake was gorgeous and although she charges extra for fondant...you don't need it! The buttercream was put on the cake so smooth, my mom actually asked if she put fondant on it afterall. The food was ok. I have had better but the catering lady was nice enough to make us garlic mashed potatoes since we asked. Our day went smooth, the room was beautiful and since we rented a photobooth our guests had a great time with that and the open bar, even though it stinks that they won't do shots! The only thing that I did not like was the DJ. I did not even speak with him until the day before the wedding which made me so nervous since we had custom music for the ceremony and first dance. Then at the wedding he did not keep the party going at all. Hardly anyone danced! That was my biggest concern before the day and ended up being the only problem. I guess that's a good thing.

Sent on 05/05/2009
  • Rissa & Kevin

Carissa · Married on 10/21/2012

3.8
      3.5

Sunset Gardens saved us money from having our wedding spent elsewhere. We loved that everything was exclusive which made it a lot easier to plan.

Sent on 11/06/2012