Sunborn Flower Farm & Florist Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Caitlin B. Married on 07/24/2021

The Best Local Flowers

We had an excellent experience working with Lisa and Sunborn Gardens! Lisa was communicative and easy to work with, and was flexible with us during date changes and a venue change. The flowers we received were gorgeous and we got so many compliments on them. Especially the flower crowns for our flower girls. I love that we picked a palate and then shared a few colors/dress photos with Lisa and it was a wonderful surprise as to what we got!
  • Emily
    Emily M. Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing local and seasonal blooms!

Working with Sunborn was a joy! Lisa was really responsive in helping us select a la carte items (bridal bouquet, corsages/boutonnieres, table flowers, and ceremony flowers) for our October wedding. We dropped off vases at the farmers market one week, and picked up our arrangements on the morning of our day with no fuss! The arrangements were PERFECT for our color scheme and the fall vibe we wanted to celebrate, and we were beyond happy to go local.
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 06/01/2019

Stunning Flowers!

Look no further! They were the prettiest wedding flowers that anyone has ever seen! Lisa was so easy to work with and everything turned out amazing. I gave her some criteria of what I would like and she exceeded my vision. I trust that whatever she does would look amazing. The delivery and setup went very smooth. I think they were very reasonably priced and you get a great value with them. Wedding planning is stressful - and I can tell you that I never was stressed about the flower part due to my confidence in Sunborn Gardens.
    Anne R. Married on 10/20/2018

Best Wedding Florist!

We are very happy we chose Sunborn Gardens for our florist! We loved working with Lisa! She really listened to our ideas and vision, and then made it come to life. The flowers were so beautiful and vibrant! They locally grow all of their flowers, which made it even more special. We had many compliments from our guests about the amazing floral arrangements at the church and reception. The event planner at our reception venue also said she loves when couples choose Sunborn Gardens as their florist because they always create outstanding arrangements and have the most gorgeous flowers. Lisa and her team truly are creative geniuses. We highly recommend Sunborn Gardens for your wedding florist!
    Sara Married on 08/18/2018
    Lisa was a delight to work with. She was very flexible in accommodating our budget and our requests. Our reception venue looked divine thanks to her arrangements! We cannot recommend them enough. We will be lifelong customers of their stand at the farmer's market as well!
    Courtney Married on 08/04/2018
    Sunborn Flowers were incredible to work with, very quick and responsive. The bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages we asked for turned out almost exactly as I had pictured them. They were also flexible in adding additions to our original order, including extra single flowers for the tables and a large bouquet for the head table. It was also really helpful to be able to drive out to the farm to pick up the flowers a day ahead of time, in order to get our decorations done for the reception (they offer delivery for a fee but we decided to drive out there instead). And we got to pick up the remaining flowers at the farmers market the day of the wedding! I loved my and my bridesmaids' bouquets, which used sunflowers and eucalyptus (hard to find with other florists)! Would highly recommend working with them.
    Elaina Married on 07/07/2018
    Lisa and Sunborn are absolutely amazing! Our flowers were everything I had ever hoped for and so much more. Everyone was commenting on them!
    Lisa was so responsive and helpful. I cannot say enough how happy I was with Sunborn Gardens!
    Anne Married on 05/27/2018
    Sunburn did a beautiful job on the flowers for our wedding. I loved using and supporting a local farm since both my husband and I grew up on farms in small town Wisconsin. We were absolutely blown away by the arrangements they made. I would highly recommend Sunborn.
    Mary Married on 05/05/2018
    We could not be happier with our Sunborn experience. Their flowers were the highlight of our wedding decor, and we received TONS of compliments from guests (especially the ones who were able to take them home! Thanks to Sunborn for providing affordable "take home" vases. Was a great alternative to favors). Our wedding was 300+ guests and Lisa & Hans created, delivered, and set up amazing centerpieces, bridal party flowers, cake flowers, and a magnificent bridal bouquet for an affordable price. We are a same-sex couple and felt comfortable and supported by Sunborn at all times.

We had last minute guest list changes and needed to add 10 centerpieces the week before the wedding. Lisa accommodated this request with ease (and only charged us for the cost of the flowers). It was only after the wedding that we found out Lisa gave birth the DAY after our celebration. She truly is a floral rockstar!
    Erin Married on 08/19/2017
    Sunborn, and Lisa in particular, were so awesome to work with! We wanted local flowers for our wedding, but didn't have much of an idea beyond that. Lisa helped us put together an idea board and a color story and the day of she delivered the most gorgeous bouquets and boutonnieres right to our hotel room. We highly recommend Sunborn--Lisa was so easy to work with and her work is absolutely stunning.
    Jan Married on 05/27/2017
    I love, love, love this florist! The flowers were gorgeous and the arrangements were unique. Lisa was a joy to work with and provided the exact results that we had envisioned. We even dropped off a family vase ahead of the wedding and she filled it with a spectacular display that she then brought to the wedding with the other flowers. I 100% recommend this florist. Thanks, Lisa!
    Jen Married on 05/06/2017
    Sunborn is AMAZING!! Their prices were much more reasonable than others in town, and they did an absolutely fabulous job on the centerpieces and bouquets! I basically showed her five pics on Pinterest and a couple ideas for colors that I liked, and she turned that into the flowers of my dreams for our wedding. People commented all night how pretty all the flowers were. Lisa was very easy to work with, and very responsive. I would use them any time I need flowers!
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 12/02/2016
    Lisa. Is. Incredible. She has the perfect eye for the most stunning floral arrangments. She is not a florist, but an artist. I gave her the color scheme and feel I was going for, and let her take the reigns. I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out. Besides marrying my best friend, the flowers were my favorite part of our wedding. Jaw-droppingly beautiful. Stayed in my price range. Prompt communication. What else can I say - book her!
    Ami Married on 10/01/2016
    Apologies that this review comes so late. Sunborn provided flowers for my 10/1/16 wedding. We worked with Lisa, who was absolutely amazing! I was never able to describe or show Lisa exactly what I wanted I wanted for our flowers, and could never find pictures that showed exactly what I wanted, but somehow, the flowers were exactly what I had envisioned. We told Lisa the color scheme we wanted (white and greens), and the items we needed (tall centerpieces, short centerpieces, valet card centerpiece, bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages), and she worked within our budget to make the most beautiful flowers I could imagine. It was so cool knowing that most of the flowers were actually grown by Sunborn. I even had my bouquet and one of the centerpieces preserved, so that I will always have them. I cannot thank Suborn and Lisa enough for making our day so beautiful!!!
    Jessica Married on 07/30/2016
    My friend had used Sunborn for her wedding and recommended them. They were very reasonably priced, which was what I was looking for. I also really liked that we could just order buckets of flowers to make our own centerpieces. I don't know much about flowers so I was pretty open to whatever they suggested and thought would look good-they are the experts! However, there was one certain flower I had wanted. About a week before the wedding they sent an email saying they were unable to get that flower (theirs weren't ready yet and they couldn't get it from their wholesaler). They wondered if they could just replace it with a different similar flower. I said of course, but I was pretty disappointed since that was my one of my few requests. However, the day of the wedding I was so surprised and excited when they arrived and had found that flower to use in the bouquets! I'm so happy they went the extra mile to acquire it. The flowers were wonderful!

Sunborn Flower Farm & Florist's reply:

Wonderful! Thank you! Was this the hops? If so an angel from the century barn told us hers were ready in the knick of time and we rushed over to cut them! With the floral business this happens a lot where the whosaler will call and say a crop was diseased or they just can't get some and it's no fun. So happy it all turned out!
    Peter Married on 07/02/2016
    Lisa and the team at Sunborn did the flowers for our wedding this past weekend. No bias - I can say they were the more beautiful, natural looking flower arrangements (bouquets, boutineers, table arrangements, etc.) that I've ever seen. It was like a real-life fairy tale in the barn and deck where our ceremony and reception took place.
    10/10 I would recommend Sunborn to do your flowers for any event. They perfectly complimented our outdoor, summer wedding. Pure magic.
    Robin Married on 10/10/2015
    Carol was so great to work with! She was so responsive to my emails, which was reassuring as a bride. She took my ideas, added some of her creativity, and nailed the vision I had of my bouquet! I was amazed when I saw it for the first time! The other bouquets and floral arrangements were more simple, which we had planned, and they still had all the elements I wanted. I would absolutely recommend Sunborn to future brides!
    Anke Married on 05/23/2015
    Carol is the absolute best! I will recommend her to everyone for everything forever. Her flowers arrangements were gorgeous, she is incredible to work with. I loved everything about the experience. No matter how big or small your event, if you want flowers....Sunborn is the way to go!
  • Natalie
    Natalie Married on 08/10/2013
    For our wedding we wanted natural, Wisconsin wildflower look. Carol exceeded our expectations! The bouquets were amazing and natural. The wedding party bouquets were wrapped by her and turned out lovely. I got many comments on the unique collection of flowers in my bouquet. Carol was easy to get in contact with and responded in a timely fashion.
    Jennifer Married on 08/22/2009
    Carol was so warm and friendly every time that we met. She was always available when I needed to talk to her about the wedding or change some of the details. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous (calla lilies, variegated leaves, etc.), and they were locally grown outside of Madison. Carol also sells her flowers at the Dane County Farmer's Market if you want to talk to her or check out her selection.
    Jiwon Married on 09/28/2019

Beautiful flowers for our wedding

I cannot recommend Sunborn Gardens more! We went with the a la carte option and it was so easy to let them know the number of flowers we wanted and in what color palette. The flowers were so stunning and added an extra pop of color, especially in our ceremony room. Everyone was complimenting on how gorgeous the flowers looked. The next day after our wedding, we stopped by their farmers market stand to say thank you and they recognized us and asked how our wedding went.
    Keavy M. Married on 06/08/2019

Gorgeous blooms + great service

Our flowers from Sunborn were absolutely lovely. We opted for a designed bridal bouquet, bouts and corsages, and a few DIY buckets for bridesmaids. The bridal bouquet was such a unique design with an immense amount of texture and fullness. Everyone (including our other vendors) kept complimenting it. The DIY buckets were phenomenal and included some of the same flower types to match my bridal bouquet. We had enough to make some small arrangements for the tables in addition to the smaller bouquets. Lisa made accommodations for us for pick-up and made planning stress free despite my limited vision for flowers. Thanks Sunborn!
  • User2198736 2+ years ago
    Words cannot express how beautiful the flowers and arrangements from Sunborn Gardens are. I ordered a mix of arrangements (bouts and corsages, and 2 big displays) and buckets of loose flowers, because I wanted to save a bit and do my own centerpieces.

In hindsight, I should have paid a bit more and had Sunborn do the centerpieces - they did a fantastic job on the displays and my bouquet. I wish I had need of regular floral arrangements - I'd make sure to hire Sunborn every time!

Sunborn Gardens is an independent business with their own greenhouses near Mt. Horeb - and you can check them out at the Madison Farmer's Market.
    Liz Married on 08/09/2008
    For those in the market for local, "farm fresh" flowers, Sunborn Gardens is a great choice. Carol is an expert in both flower cultivation and arrangement. She offers a lot of flexible options in different price ranges and is very easy to work with.
    Meghan Married on 08/20/2016
    Since our rustic barn venue was surrounded by beautiful gardens, we knew we wanted our wedding flowers to be neutral and natural. So when I discovered Sunborn (which was conveniently located 1 mile from my venue) I knew I had come to the right place. Lisa and her team were incredibly responsive, accommodating and creative - I gave them some general thoughts and ideas on what I wanted my wedding to look like, and they skillfully executed from there. When the weather became unpredictable on my wedding day and the wind picked up, Lisa and her team were quick on their feet and worked diligently to rearrange my table settings to ensure they withstood the wind gusts. If you're someone looking for natural arrangements that complement - not distract from - your wedding day vision, Sunborn is without a doubt your best bet. I would not hesitate to use them for my next celebration!