Summit House Reviews

115 | Fullerton, CA

115 Reviews for Summit House

Suzy · Married on 10/05/2012

The servers and help the day and night of the event were excellent--very attentive, helpful, congenial.

Sent on 01/22/2013

Betty · Married on 11/17/2007

3.5

Summit House is a beautiful location for a wedding reception. My wedding was during the daytime, so I loved how it was filled with natural lighting through all the windows. Their service is excellent as it is well managed by Carmen. She is very responsive to questions and is extremely reliable. Their servers are professional and well-trained. However, I was not please with how they immediately started to tear down the tables and chairs once my guests started leaving. It made the place seem so chaotic during the day time since the guests were outside chatting and taking pictures. Summit House is very flexible in that they allow you to use your own vendors instead of theirs. I did not like the quality/color of their chair cover vendor were too much so I opted to use another vendor. Overall, it was a great experience and I highly recommend this place! I received many compliments for the ambiance and food!

Sent on 03/05/2008

Kate · Married on 06/25/2016

Advice to those considering Summit House as their wedding venue? BOOK IT!
    It was truly wonderful!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Peter · Married on 01/27/2013

If you are having a small to medium size wedding in Orange county area, Summit House is hard to beat. Beautiful setting, city/mountain lights, helpful staff and pretty much one stop service. The attentiveness they give you during the wedding is unbelievable, they took care of any problems that came up and made sure the bride and groom never have to worry about anything except enjoy the night. Highly recommended.

Sent on 03/11/2013

Ashley · Married on 01/12/2013

We used Summit House for our January 2013 wedding and I'm so glad we decided to go with them. They are not the cheapest venue int he area but they are worth it. Everything went so smoothly on the wedding day, from the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception. Carmen is flexible, easy to work with and prompt at responding to my emails and phone calls. Marko is on top of it and runs that place like a well oiled machine! The food was great, the service was great, I was a happy bride :)

Sent on 02/26/2013

TH · Married on 09/04/2011

3.0

Summit House was an amazing venue! We planned the wedding remotely, and they were very accommodating to our schedule. The coordinators were really on top of everything and our wedding went smoothly. The food was also delicious, our guests particularly complimented the salmon! Another pleasant thing about Summit House was that they seemed familiar to all our vendors --- we did not pick from their list but all of our vendors had done weddings there, so they must be very popular. My main wish about the venue was that they could have taken some time to explain more of the process; everything turned out well but as someone who's never planned a wedding, and was far away, I had no idea of some of their 'yes of course we do X' assumptions, and a little explanation and reassurance would have helped calm a nervous bride.

Cons: explanation of process and communication could be improved, no tasting of 'hot butler passed appetizers' is provided which I thought was odd (perhaps because those do not get rave reviews)
    Pros: beautiful, organized, accommodating, professional, solid and friendly event staff, delicious entrees, champagne and red carpet style service for the bride & groom

I am definitely happy with them overall, and will be back for my anniversary dinner!

Sent on 06/22/2012

Diana · Married on 10/07/2006

Beautiful venue. Great staff and wedding coordinator.

Sent on 03/02/2008

meghan · Married on 04/05/2005

AMAZING wedding coordinator!

Sent on 05/11/2008

tiffany · Married on 09/08/2013

3.5

We had a great time having our wedding at the Summit House. I planned my wedding from across the country

The best part of choosing the Summit House as our venue is the quality service of its staff. On the day of the wedding, Marko and his staff set out our party favors, seating cards, and even let us borrow their easel when ours broke. They also have a complimentary cake stand to lend if you choose. Some venues will charge you an extra $20 here and there for these. We didn't need to enlist family members or hire a day-of coordinator at all!

The customer service was top-notch, one of the servers followed my husband and I around the venue with cold drinks while we were taking our photos in the hot summer sun.

The food was amazing, this is a restaurant after all. Everyone enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres and entrees.

One thing they can improve on is communication. I planned my wedding from across the country and would have appreciated more prompt responses with Carmen for emails/phone calls. Another was our rehearsal, which was planned at 5:30pm but we found out they had a wedding scheduled at 6:30pm! We had to hurry through our rehearsal to make time for another person's wedding!

Otherwise, most of the planning went great and we had a fantastic time.

Sent on 03/17/2014
  • Fredrick

Fredrick · Married on 12/30/2012

I had my wedding here on 12/30/2012. They did a fantastic job there. I had an outdoor ceremony at their garden followed by reception dinner in the banquet room. It was a beautiful day on that day until about 1pm. The sky started to turn gray and cloudy, and finally it rained. I was worried but for some reason, I believed that the rain would stop. And It did about 40 minutes before my wedding. Marco and his staff went outside to sweep out the water and blow it to almost dry so that my florist could go and do the setups, they were quick and impressive! I was very thankful for that. After the rain, it got cold and chilly, I was shaking during the ceremony. As soon as the ceremony finished, they quickly moved some lamp heaters for us to keep warm. We also had personal attendants following us around with hot drinks and appetizers. One of the guy kept checking with me to see if I was doing ok, if I was too cold or if I needed anything. That was some very caring service. I can't thank the Summit House and it's staff, especially Marco, enough for making our wedding perfect. Marco was running around all afternoon and night to make sure that everything was all set up, that we had enough food (we had buffet), or to give us cue for our grand entrance/re-entrance and everything went as planned. Without Marco, I probably would just stand there and don't know what to do:P Thank you, Marco!

Our package coordinator Carmen was also very professional. She responses quickly every time we sent her email and asked questions. She told us originally that their construction for bridal room would be ready before my big day and I was hoping that I could use it, but the construction got delayed. That's not their fault though. They made sure that the construction site be covered so people won't see it and it won't affect my pictures.

I highly recommend the Summit House for your wedding venue. Not only is it a gorgeous venue but the service is really one of a kind!

Sent on 01/16/2013

Jennie · Married on 03/31/2007

I really enjoyed working with Summit House. It was a beautiful location, great view, big windows with a fantastic view, and REALLY wonderful food & service. I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 09/18/2010

amanda · Married on 03/06/2010

4.2

Overall the Summithouse was a wonderful wedding venue. We loved Marco! He was willing to work with our every wish and demand. Carmen is super professional and straight forward. Everyone loved the food. Only complaints- i wish Carmen would have been there for the ceremony and reception since I had worked with her, but she had another lady doing it and we had no idea that would happen. They charged us for extra meals the night of the reception and made my parents write a check that night! I thought that was lame and we feel we got ripped off- they made us pay for quite a few more meals than guests and we don't know how they came up with such numbers.

Sent on 06/26/2010

Debra · Married on 02/14/2009

3.5

This was the perfect place for us to get married. Great staff! Thanks.

Sent on 07/07/2009

David · Married on 05/25/2008

Carmen is the manager and she did a very good job!

Sent on 03/07/2009

D · Married on 03/27/2007

3.5

Carmen is their Wedding Event manager who took care of us. She is not very responsive (like within hours) in terms of email questions; but at least reasonably responsive (like 1-2 days). She explained the cost quite clearly and she is very experienced at the whole thing. Reservation and tasting experience are great!

Days prior to our big day, it's raining a lot. We worried while Carmen's explanation of alternatives / planning made us a lot less worried. Again she demonstrated her valuable experience.

During the ceremony, Carmen was right there close to us during the whole process. She worked hand-to-hand with our wedding planner. She did a great job!

As far as the venue at Summit House goes, their sound system is hard to work with unless you just want them to play in-house background sort of music. If you plan to use their system with you band, forget it. You have to hire your own band / DJ / music consultants for that. Besides the sound thing, their decor and environment are very good for taking pics. Gazebo area can be very windy though. But it looks really good in front of camera!

Food is decent. Servers' service is just OK -- a little rushing.

Restrooms are very clean and decent too, if you care.

Parking are more than enough!

Overall experience is very good!

Sent on 04/06/2009