Summit House Reviews

115 | Fullerton, CA

115 Reviews for Summit House

• Charlene

Charlene · Married on 07/03/2010

I don't know why people wouldn't get married at the Summit House! Not only is the location gorgeous, but the staff is amazing! Carmen was great throughout the entire planning process - she answered every email and silly question I had. And, on the day of my wedding...I was astounded at the level of service we received. Marco was our onsite contact, and he was prepared for everything! Any time I needed a glass of water, he or someone else was right there to make sure I had it. At one point, my hair had started to fall out, and I turned to see him with bottles of hairspray and brushes for my maid of honor. He was amazing! Also, our guests raved about how beautiful the location was, and even more importantly - how great the food was.

Sent on 07/15/2010

Sandy · Married on 05/08/2010

Summit House was a perfect wedding venue for a medium-sized wedding reception. Carmen, Marco and their excellent staff provided excellent service while also putting myself and my husband at ease. The view was gorgeous, and the staff was extremely flexible and kind. And the food was delicious! Our guests left the event feeling pampered and satisfied. I highly recommend this venue to anyone planning a special occasion reception.

Sent on 05/14/2010

Ashley · Married on 04/10/2010

My wife and I were married on April 10th and we could not have asked for a better ceremony and reception. Carmen and her crew were OUTSTANDING. The food was amazing. The attention to detail was great. Honestly - there was nothing we had need for that they did not provide. As we share stories of our big day with friends and family, one of the things we keep saying is how great our experience at Summit House was.

Sent on 05/28/2010

Amanda · Married on 03/20/2010

We had our reception at the Summit House and we were so happy with the venue and everyone on staff there. From Carmen who helped us with all the details and stayed calm during the entire planning process. To Marco who helped us day-of and literally chased me down on the dance floor with glasses of water to keep me hydrated during many hours of dancing, it was a pleasure working with everyone to make our day special. The food was amazing and we got many complements from friends and family who were surprised that the ordinary "wedding food" was taken up a notch by the Summit House kitchen. Outside view was beautiful as was the view from inside the ballroom which inspired many "ooo's" and "aahh's".

We LOVED it and cant wait to go back on our anniversary!

Sent on 04/06/2010

Jeni · Married on 02/28/2010

Great service. As soon as we arrived at the ceremony & reception site, there's butler kept following us and bringing us drinks. Food and the hor d'oeuvres were delicious. My guests complimented on the food and the panoramic OC view. Carmen was my contact person, and she's really helpful in putting all the process together. During the wedding reception, Marco was the bomb to make sure all food were out in time, and my vendors were also fed.
    I really recommend this place if you want to have romantic and great view for your wedding with great service. :)

Sent on 03/09/2010

Ashley · Married on 02/13/2010

I fell in love with a venue close to my parents' house and was dead set on having my wedding there--there didn't seem like anything was going to convince me otherwise. That was, until my fiance and I had dinner at Summit House Restaurant. And then it hit me that food was a really important aspect to our wedding. Once we saw the view and banquet room, the other venue wasn't a sure thing anymore.

My fiance and I decided to do a taste test of the two venues--Summit House won hands-down! Additionally, Summit House was a more convenient location for guests and vastly more cost-effective.

After we booked, we were positively reassured by each vendor we spoke to that Summit House was known for their incredible professionalism. Carmen was always VERY HIGHLY spoken of.

Being an extremely pessimistic person, I was skeptical that the wedding and reception timeline would flow smoothly.

I can now say that I have experienced the following: the extent to which Summit House and its staff are commended is truly earned.

I did not have the best morning with a few issues arising before we arrived at Summit House; however, as soon as the wedding proceeded, I had forgotten my earlier troubles. The outdoor Gazebo was lovely and convenient, and the timetable for the wedding moved smoothly.

These are the following reasons I'm grateful we had our wedding/reception at Summit House:

1) Friendly and OBSERVANT staff--the wedding coordinator was able to spot/take away unsightly accessories from family members before they made it down the aisle and into our photos--oh, bless her!

2) Doting staff--the maître d’ and waiters followed my husband and i EVERYWHERE, especially while we were taking photos around the Summit House grounds (the photographer was given access to everywhere on the grounds)...our waiter ensured I had endless mojitos and he even held my bouquet for me when I was tired. The maitre d' also paid special attention to our parents, which my mother happily commented to me about afterwards.

3) Smooth pre-reception set-up--we had last minute details for the morning to be taken care of, e.g. last-minute decor setups and late RSVPs, and these were handled without a hitch by Carmen and her staff.

4) Customized venue and a flexible bar and food menu--we elected to have a selection of 4 meal choices by RSVP and Carmen gave us some flexibility with the chicken selection to our liking even if it wasn't on the menu. Additionally, she was very accommodating in having the bar set up in a different location due to logistics for our reception. The basic wine selection was superior to most wines I've had at other weddings.

I could ramble for a few additional pages, but in summation--my husband and I had no regrets in having our "party" at Summit House and look forward to having our anniversary dinner back there in a year.

Sent on 06/01/2010

Katherine · Married on 10/03/2009

I have nothing but great things to say about the Summit House. They took amazing care of everything. Everytime I turned around, one of their staff members was there with champagne or water or anything I needed. The view was amazing and the service was even better. Seriously, after we booked the Summit House, every vendor we talked to all said that they loved the Summit House and a few even said they wished they'd had their weddings there. And now I know why. They never made me feel rushed, even during their crazy Saturday switch overs when I'd peek in to see how they transformed the room. Their staff always had time for me, or my mom, or my aunt or anyone else who we brought by. They created my candy bar, and set everything up beautifully. I couldn't have asked for a better ceremony & reception site.

Sent on 01/30/2015

Melissa · Married on 09/04/2009

Everyone at the Summit House was amazing. My husband and I were extremely happy with the service, the set up, the staff, and everything. And the food was DELICIOUS!!! We got nothing but complements about the Summit House....how beautiful it was, how good the food was, etc. Carmen, the catering director, was very helpful (less stress on my part since we planned the wedding in 6 weeks) although at times difficult to contact (expect to make phone calls rather than email). We had our wedding ceremony in the gazebo and the reception inside the ballroom. The location without decoration is beautiful enough so with flowers, sashes on the chairs, table cloths, etc... it looked spectacular. Marco was our maitre d and he was very nice and helpful...always giving us a heads up on what we were doing next, consulting us, etc.

Everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding. The only thing that didn't pull through on was putting the fan programs out before the ceremony, but that's a very minor detail that was easily fixed.

I would highly recommend this venue to brides and grooms. It's a little expensive but it's worth every penny.

Sent on 10/08/2009

D · Married on 08/07/2009

I wish I could rate this venue with all 10 stars. The gorgeous room, the staff, the service, the food - everything was incredible! Our guests told us how beautiful and wonderful everything was. And the view is spectacular!

Sent on 09/12/2009

Brittany · Married on 05/30/2009

We couldn't have picked a better place to have our wedding. Summit House is by far, the best venue out there. We booked this venue 18 months before our wedding and for 18 months, we sent emails to Carmen, the coordinator, asking her question after question about anything and everything, often times repeating ourselves I'm sure, but she never hesitated to answer. It was as though we were the only couple she was working with. Our calls were also returned immediately. In fact, even when she was out of the office, there was someone assigned to her emails and phone messages to make sure that responses were given in a timely manner.

On the day of the wedding, everything ran incredibly smooth. There wasn't a moment the entire night where we needed anything. Every time we turned around, we were being asked if there was anything we needed. Not only were we catered to in this manner, our guests were stunned at the service that was provided and we got nothing but amazing compliments about the food.

The only negative I had throughout the entire process was that our favors weren't set out on the tables, but we had a candy bar so no one even noticed (including us!). Apparently, the mistake was noticed at the end of the wedding by my mom and when she mentioned it to Marco, who was in charge of the wedding, he apologized repeatedly and explained the reason for it. Because the wedding went off without a hitch, my mom had decided that the error wasn't a big deal and that we'd be fine without the money, but the Manager of Summit House took the time to call my mom to find out what could be done to make up for it. In the end, they ended up paying my mom for every penny that was spent on the favors even though they were never asked to. That in itself was beyond commendable.

We highly highly recommend Summit House as it is such an amazing venue with the best service you could ask for!!

Sent on 09/18/2009
  • JasonC

Jason · Married on 03/06/2009

Carmen Kaiser is Amazing!!! She will listen to every one of your requests and will work with you to make your wedding and reception everything you ever dreamed!

**Great Price**Fantastic Location**Incredible Service!!

Sent on 03/31/2009

Heather · Married on 10/06/2006

I cannot say enough good things about The Summit House and especially Carmen and her crew. They were a HUGE help! I emailed Carmen a million times throughout the planning process and she was so helpful and patient with me.
    The Rehearsal was great. Carmen was there, but didn't do the actual run through, another gal did. She was thorough and we went through it twice to make sure everybody got it. I went into Carmen's office and went over all of the stuff that I brought and where it was supposed to go. It was easy, painless, and perfect.
    The day-of was amazing. Carmen was on it and had the guys ready to go with their bouts and brought us our bouquets before I even got there. The tables were setup when I arrived (and I still needed to get dressed). She made sure the boys were tucked away so that I could enter without being seen. Chris was our main guy for the night. He was awesome. He cruised over to me while I was taking a break from taking pictures (Sheri was taking pics of other people for a change, hahaha) and asked me about decorating the cake (florist left the stuff there, cake was delivered), he just wanted to make sure it was done to my liking. He was also there whenever I took a break to see if I needed a water or anything.
    After the ceremony was over, we had champagne waiters there and while we were chilling outside while the cocktail hour was going on, there was a waiter who brought over one tray of each of the appetizers to us so that we could get a snack in. They were great about keeping DH and I on track with timing. They brought us out fresh plates of dinner after DH and I went around table to table because our food got a little cold. I even heard that guests got to take home the remainder of their dinners...the waiters were boxing up their food to-go! So cool.
    The food was excellent. Service was beyond excellent. Price was great. Everything was PERFECT!

Sent on 05/30/2008
  • W

Wendy · Married on 05/28/2005

Great price. Great food. Beautiful view and reception room. They even recently remodeled the bathroom and it looks very nice.

Sent on 11/05/2007

Victoria · Married on 07/03/2016

My daughter was married two weeks ago at the Summit House and I am still getting messages about how lovely the wedding was. The outdoor gazebo was the perfect place for the ceremony and the Grand Ballroom was breathtaking for the reception. We visited approximately 20 different venues (gardens, hotels, restaurants, and colleges) and couldn't find one that was perfect for both the ceremony and the reception until we tried the Summit House. We didn't think it would be affordable, but after calculating all the charges from the other locations, we realized the cost was in line with what weddings cost elsewhere AND the guests would enjoy a delicious sit down prime rib, macadamia nut encrusted barramundi, or chicken breast with mushroom confit dinner! Our guests were also treated to butler passed shrimp and crab cocktails, and coconut shrimp. I wasn't sure there would be plenty of appetizers, but they just kept coming throughout the hour long cocktail hour.
    As for service, all I can say in UNBELIEVABLE! We first met with Carmen who is calm, cool and doesn't get ruffled even when asked a million questions. She continually tells you not to worry, they will take care of everything, What I didn't know is that she really means it. They truly do take care of everything! When I say "they" I mean Marco. When I arrived, I came with boxes of personal "must haves" (sparklers, vintage cake plates, special mercury glass votive candleholders, etc., etc.,) and he took care of unpacking the items, placing them where requested, and then packing it all up again! He was everywhere the day of the wedding! In addition to overseeing the bartenders and servers, he ensured the entire bridal party had champagne and appetizers before the wedding. He had the gifts moved to a safe place, moved the gazebo flowers to the head table, organized the sparkler exit, lit all the sparklers and even hooked the complicated bustle of my daughter's dress! Thank you to all who made the day so special!!!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Amazing!! There is nothing more valuable than a venue that genuinely cares about making your wedding day special and memorable! That's so hard to come by in Southern California. We looked at about 5+ venues before finding The Summit House, and we went with them because we were so impressed by their high quality of service, value and breadth of experience.

Initial Meeting, Service and Venue:
    When we came to The Summit House, we met with Carmen the catering director and she was very professional, experienced and helpful. We started off saying that budget was our main concern and we wanted to be sure we wouldn't be charged any hidden fees (something we grew accustomed to from all our other venue meetings). She was very understanding, upfront and willing to work with us. During our meeting, Marco offered us coffee and a smile, and we were immediately impressed by their excellent service. We were told that they would take care of everything on the day of, from checking on our vendors to setting up our centerpieces. After that meeting, we were sold. Any venue that values service above all is priceless. The venue itself is beautiful. With French windows, high ceilings and chandeliers, it’s a great canvas for any bride’s wedding day vision. The view is amazing and the wedding ceremony park is clean and intimate.

The Wedding Day:
    The Summit House went above & beyond all my expectations. I spent my entire wedding day happily unaware of what was going on with setup, completely stress-free. My bridesmaids and I arrived at the venue greeted by Marco and glasses of champagne, and the bridal suite was complete with a cheese platter and snacks. Marco coordinated everything, making sure that things like the ceremony, photos and grand entrance started on time. He even helped my maid of honor figure out how to fix the bustle on my dress. All our guests agreed that the food is AMAZING (check it out of Yelp). Everything went smoothly and was everything I imagined and more.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Elyse · Married on 11/20/2010

Marco, Carmen, and staff were exceptional! We were very pleased with our decision to have our wedding reception here! The food was delicious; the staff was attentive to our guests (and us of course), professional, and wonderful to work with.

Sent on 12/08/2010

Tracy · Married on 12/30/2016

They know what they are doing and the food is excellent.

Sent on 01/05/2017

Elisa · Married on 11/26/2016

We had our wedding here and have no regrets.
    Positives:
    1) Carmen (Director) is amazing and very flexible. Out of all the venues we spoke to, Carmen was the easiest and coolest to work with. You want something changed? No problem. She almost always says "yes" unless she has her hands tied and it's out of her control.
    2) Service is awesome. Marco is the head of staff and he is a consummate professional. He always tries to make you comfortable and I'm not just talking about the day of - he went out of his way to please us anytime we stopped by the venue, especially during the food tasting.
    3) Location - no traffic, corner spot on top of a hill, plenty of parking.
    4) Food - known for prime rib, but all other options are great.
    5) Drinks - its a restaurant so you can expect full bar and great selection of liquor & beer.
    6) Price - great bang for your buck compared to other venues although drinks can be a little pricier.

Negatives:
    None except maybe banquet layout if you have more than 175 folks...then you have to put guests in the adjoining side room which is OK but they won't have a great view of the main room. Other than that, there are some oil rigs outside on the edges of the property that you won't notice besides entering the property. SH has no say over that, that's by the city.

Sent on 01/05/2017

tiffany · Married on 08/29/2016

The Summit House is an absolutely beautiful venue to have a wedding! Summit House also provides day-of-coordinator, Marco, who is absolutely THE BEST because he made our wedding day smooth and worry-free. Every time we visited Summit House (prior to the wedding), Marco would stop what he was doing and help us answer any questions that we had. On the day of the wedding, Marco was attentive to every detail (including providing the bride with Kleenex to wipe tears for the ceremony, bustling her wedding dress train, bringing water to the wedding party to make sure they are hydrated, keeping the schedule on time. I would absolutely recommend The Summit House venue. I loved the outdoor setting, the delicious food, the beautiful ballroom, the day-of coordinator, the professionalism of the staff, and the list goes on and on. Thank you Summit House and Marco for making our day so memorable.

Sent on 08/31/2016

ThenSummit House is beautiful! Reception room amazing. Also has a park right next store with a gazebo which I like because I am having the wedding there so my guest don't have to travel to another site. Carmen Kaiser is who I have worked with so far. Very nice and always offering help. I am super excited

Sent on 06/26/2014

Clarizza · Married on 09/25/2010

Carmen worked with us prior to our wedding day with all the planning and details of our reception and made our planning experience stress-free. Marco worked with us during our food tasting and throughout our wedding day. From the moment we stepped out from our limo their service was outstanding. After coming from our offsite church ceremony, my husband and I were a little hungry and thirsty and Marco and his staff knew what a bride and groom goes through during their wedding day because right when we stepped out from our limo, Marco was there to welcome us and had some drinks and snacks ready for us. When Marco gave us a tour of our banquet room before our guests entered, it was just how I imagined it would be. All our decorations and party favors was nicely decorated in the banquet room. They were organized and very considerate to our vendors.

Sent on 01/29/2011
  • jh

Julie · Married on 01/01/2010

I got married on January 1, 2010- NEW YEAR'S DAY! And trust me, it was not intentional. However, for the first time in many years, the Summit House was open for wedding receptions. Carmen and her staff were AWESOME! They are very easy to work with. The evening of our reception was wonderful, the staff was quick, kind and professional. Completely easy to work with! You will not be disappointed with their treatment! My sister and 3 of my friends had their receptions here and we would all agree, this is a wonderful place.

Sent on 06/24/2010

Julianne · Married on 09/06/2008

Summit House is a beautiful location with an amazing view! The food is delicious as well. My family loves the restaurant so it seemed like a natural choice for us to have our wedding reception here. Carmen is fantastic and kept everything organized on our wedding day. We were pleased with everything!

Sent on 02/01/2009

Todd · Married on 12/30/2016

People make a difference. Carmen and the staff turned a good event into an fantastic event. They know their jobs well and have anticipated most problems in advance. Experienced and friendly staff.

Sent on 01/31/2017

Mary · Married on 05/25/2013

Beautiful venue, great food and hands down the best service I have ever had. I did all the initial planning with Carmen who is so easy and flexible to work with. There were times when I had to wait a day or two for her responses but that did not bother me too much since all my questions got answered eventually. Marco pretty much ran the show on the wedding day. He took such good care of all my guests, especially me! He made sure I ate and stayed hydrated during the reception. And he even did the bustle on my wedding gown. It's on the pricey side but the service we received from Marco and his staff was exceptional. I had a lot of guests tell me it was the best wedding they had ever been to. And the creamed corn is out of this world!!

Sent on 06/03/2013