Summit House Reviews

115 | Fullerton, CA

115 Reviews for Summit House

Emily · Married on 08/07/2015

I honestly cannot imagine a better wedding reception venue. Many previous reviews mention Marco as the maitre d, and he made the whole reception perfect for us. We got married at a church offsite, but came to the Summit House a few hours before the ceremony to do pictures. The Summit House had a drink cart and snacks and treated our bridal party and families so incredibly well while we were taking pictures on a hot August day - Marco and the wait staff even brought water out to the lawn for us between takes. That is just one of many examples - I literally did not worry about one single thing after I arrived at the Summit House - they are total pros. Carmen was also very easy to work with. I am so happy we booked them - if you want to spend your wedding day with zero worries and stress, book the Summit House.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Samantha · Married on 08/01/2015

We had our ceremony and rehearsal at The Summit House and it was beautiful, the food was amazing and the staff went above and beyond! My expectations for our wedding was impossibly high and the staff at The Summit House had me speechless. Every detail of the wedding was perfect and I didn't have to lift a finger. Carmen and Marco ran the show and it was so flawless that I was able to relax and enjoy my own wedding. I only wish I could do it all again.

Sent on 08/28/2015

Kendra · Married on 07/25/2015

We had an absolutely AWESOME wedding at the Summit House! Thank you SO MUCH to Carmen, Marco, Michelle and the rest of the Summit House staff for making our evening even better than we could have possibly imagined. They planned and prepared for literally everything and it took all of the pressure off of us. We received compliments on the food, view, and service from every guest we spoke to during the event. The food was delicious! We had the time of our lives and cannot recommend this venue enough!!!!!!!! You will be amazed by the elegance of the Summit House!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Cassandra · Married on 07/25/2015

My sister recently got married here. Carmen, Marco, Michelle and the rest of the Summit House staff made this day perfect. Everything was fabulous from the food to the décor. Marco catered to us before, during, and after the wedding. We all had the time of lives, and my sister was relaxed and happy. My nephew was the only kid that attended the reception. Marco went out of his way to make him feel special. He checked on him often, had his own dish of mac n cheese prepared for dinner, allowed him to pick out his own ice cream, and was just wonderful overall. I also remember Marco bringing my sister water with a straw and holding it while she got a quick sip in between pictures after the ceremony. This was awesome and smart, since it was in the high 90’s that day. Our family and friends only have had amazing things to say about the wedding and venue. Some even asked us how we found such a great venue…we grew up nearby. ☺ Looking back to this day, it is one for the books and the best wedding I have ever attended. Now, I can’t imagine not having my wedding here because the venue is beautiful and the staff makes it fabulous.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS DAY SIMPLY AMAZING!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!! :)

Sent on 08/04/2015

hillary · Married on 06/14/2015

Carmen, Marco and their team at the Summit House were incredible! They were on top of everything and were full of suggestions and ideas when I wasn't sure which linens, room set up, processional order etc.. to choose. They were prepared with everything we could have possibly wanted or needed before we knew to ask for it, and they helped to make our wedding day more perfect than we could have ever imagined. The food was incredible!!! The banquet room was set up stunningly, and the wait staff was flawless! We couldn't have asked for more support or professionalism and didn't have to think or worry about anything on our wedding day! Marco and his team took care of everyone as we were getting ready and throughout the day by getting us snacks, drinks, holding my dress up, helping with the bustle and more! I can't say enough about how incredible this venue is! I recommend it to anybody and everybody I meet! THANK YOU!!

Sent on 11/17/2015
  • tessvong

theresa · Married on 05/15/2015

The entire staff at Summit House was helpful from beginning to end. Carmen, the wedding caterer/manager was prompt on emails and phone calls. She was always detailed when I asked her questions in regards to the venue and event. As for the day of, Marco was the best person to go to. He was very attentive, polite and detailed as well. He made the day even more special because of the attention he gave to me, my bridesmaids, groom and groomsmen. He went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect. Thank you for everything, Summit House. My husband and I truly appreciate everything you did to make our special day wonderful.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Our experience at Summit House was exceptional. The picturesque view and highly rated food made Summit House an easy choice for us but the service we received exceeded all of our expectations. Carmen (catering director) and Marco (day of coordinator) are true professionals and beyond amazing at what they do. The planning process and day of events went very smoothly and stress free which is not typical for a wedding. Wife and I have busy schedules and are not local to the area so we relied heavily on Summit House's expertise to plan and execute our special day. Few of the smaller things we appreciated were the menu tasting experience, the generous service we received while taking pictures before our wedding, their commitment to stay on schedule day of, and their constant reminder shown in action and words during the day to not worry and enjoy the moment. We were treated like Kings and Queens on our wedding day and will forever be grateful for the Summit House staff and their gracious hospitality.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Tatiana · Married on 03/14/2015

Just over a year of having our wedding there and I realized that my review did not post! We had our wedding at the Summit House last March. From visiting multiple venues the service and food was what originally caught my eye. The venue itself speaks wonders from full length windows all around and the gorgeous view we could not be happier. Carmen was such a pleasure to work with from day one and I knew that it was the place for us. We didn't meet Marco until the day of our wedding and he was the best. He was my personal assistant all day. He made sure I had everything I needed from water, food, lipstick, shoes, drinks. He had it all. The staff was such a pleasure to work with we literally did not have to worry about a thing the day of. They set up, take down, and cater to you all day long. Not only to us but we had multiple compliments from our guests and wedding party of how attentive the staff was and amazing the food was. They were so sweet and good to us. Everything was amazing from our food tasting, wedding day food before and during, and now we just had our anniversary dinner and everything was just as good as we remembered! We will and continue to go back to enjoy it! They truly made my fairytale wedding come true!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Steve · Married on 01/17/2015

The Summit House was an outstanding venue for my daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception. From the time we met Catering Director Carmen Kaiser, we felt comfortable with her professionalism and experience. The event exceeded our expectations - the menu selections were delicious and the service was impeccable. We have received innumerable compliments from many guests that the venue was just beautiful. I would not hesitate to consider Summit House for an event in the future and would highly recommend it to others.

Sent on 01/22/2015
  • F

Franklin · Married on 11/29/2014

Summit House is very special to me and my wife. We had to have our wedding there, and honestly, it was fate. The reception area was so perfect for our size wedding. Everyone of our guests can't stop talking about the delicious food! The views were nice and the property is just top notch.

Carmen and Mark was a pleasure to work with, and Summit House delivered every request. Marco and his staff was superb! They catered to every need of you and your guests. The service was the best I have ever witnessed. Our wedding was such a beautiful one and Summit House really made it possible.

Sent on 12/16/2014

I would give the Summit House 10 stars if I could. I just had my wedding there and it was UNBELIEVABLE how amazing the service was. Carmen, Marco, Gonzalo, and the entire team were so awesome to work with. We wanted for nothing the entire event. Even though they do so many weddings throughout the season, they made us feel like we were the Event of the Year.

I was looking into venues at nearby hotels and Summit House prices were competitive, which surprised me seeing as I knew we wouldn't get just normal banquet food there, as you would at a hotel. Summit House is an amazing restaurant first and foremost, so of course our food at our wedding was phenomenal. Also, the banquet room is gorgeous all on it's own. You don't need to dress it up whatsoever, which cuts down on lighting and decoration costs! So if you're teetering between this venue and another, I don't even have to know what the other place is - there is NO WAY it beats the service and value you get at the Summit House.

Carmen is who you deal with from the time you view the venue all the way up until the day of. She's not a warm and fuzzy person, but I will take professional, responsive, experienced, etc. any day over just a smiling face. She simply knows what she's doing and will answer all your questions promptly - and I had many! I literally showed up to the rehearsal with boxes of items for the wedding and she took it all off my hands and I didn't have to explain a thing to her! I arrived the day of and everything was in it's place!

On the day of, Marco and Gonzalo made sure we always had a glass of champagne, sangria, water, appetizers, basically ANYTHING we wanted right at our finger tips. Gonzalo even followed my husband and I when we went to do our romantic photos and stood there with a tray of water and champagne AND held my bouquet for me when I didn't need it without me ever asking!

Basically - go with the Summit House. You will LOVE your wedding!!!!!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Monique · Married on 06/14/2014

Summit House was a dream to work with for our wedding. Every dollar spent was well worth the service and the view. Carmen is amazing at her job and so is every single part of the staff. They serve with a smile that is genuine, and really know how to make a bride, as well as everyone there, feel special. The food was of course amazing as ever, and everything was spot on beginning to end.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Annie · Married on 05/24/2014

Summit House made my wedding day PERFECT. The entire team is on top of EVERYTHING and make sure you don't have to worry about anything. They definitely know how to make a couple feel like it's all about them. Marco and Gonzalo are AMAZING. They made sure everything I needed was attended to and tried to make everything so easy. The food and service were superb and I would recommend them to everyone for their own wedding or even just a date night out at the restaurant. The venue was beautiful and their prices are so affordable. My husband and I so glad that we chose to have our wedding here.

Sent on 05/30/2014

Janice · Married on 03/01/2014

Carmen and Marco were wonderful to work with! They helped make our wedding dream a reality. Everything was awesome and the only advice I'd give couples is to ask for a middle cut of the prime rib.

Sent on 11/26/2016

Connie · Married on 11/01/2013

The perfect place to hold a wedding reception! Carmen, the catering director, was professional, friendly, and made us feel that Summit House was the best choice for our reception. We were extremely happy with our decision in choosing a venue that not only looked amazing and impressed our guests with the location and their delicious food, but also was so accommodating to our needs and wants. We would definitely recommend Summit House Restaurant!!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Gail · Married on 10/20/2013

If you are considering having your event at this location book it NOW they were amazing the food was amazing the location if breathtaking and Carmen along with the entire staff make you feel like its all about you and ere is nothing else but you, they were worth every penny spent and Marco is a gem!!!

Sent on 03/13/2014

Millicent · Married on 10/18/2013

Thank you so much Carmen, Marco and the entire staff of Summit House who made our wedding better than we could had imagined it! Everything was perfect, from the way the room was decorated, the delicious food, to the extra courteous staff! We have never been so catered to so much. From the moment I got there, then later on my groom, we were catered to, all the staff wanted from me (the bride) that day was to relax, from the photo session before and after the ceremony and the whole reception there was always a waiter just dedicated to me and my groom just there with a glass of water or champagne. Both me and my groom were like "oh wow that's service!"

We received so many great compliments from our guests regarding your beautiful venue, top-notch food and courteous staff. Everyone raved about all the buffet food for their dinner; especially those that had the corn.  We truly appreciate all the hard work from the Summit House staff who put so much effort in making our wedding a memorable celebration for us and our guests. We didn’t want the evening to end, everyone was having such an amazing time! Would recommend the Summit House for any special occasion event.

Sent on 01/15/2014

James · Married on 09/28/2013

When people think of weddings, they often think of beautiful flowers, stiff drinks, and crappy food. At Summit House you can rest assured that the food will be excellent and well prepared. As you can tell from the other reviews, they are a very popular restaurant and are used to turning out high volumes of superb food.

In terms of the grounds, the outdoor gazebo and seating area are a nice touch for those who want an outdoor wedding. Since the restaurant is situated at the top of the hill (hence the name), you get a panoramic view for miles around. Once the ceremony is over, cocktail hour can be held outside on the patio area or inside in the ball room. The ball room has high ceilings and large French windows that allow in a lot of daylight and at night gives you a nighttime view of the area. It is spacious and can easily accommodate over 200 people. They also have a lovely bridal room for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready in and retreat to throughout the night. Carmen, the catering manager, has work with many couples and will guide you through the ins and outs of the venue and give you good ideas of what to do with your space. She works with you to meet your minimum and gives you different options to make your wedding the best fit for you.

The restaurant provides a day of wedding coordinator that begins working with you at the rehearsal. On the day of your wedding, you are greeted by three wonderful people that follow you throughout the day making sure that your every whim is granted. They make sure you stay hydrated and remind you of little things you can do throughout the evening to make sure your day goes on without a hitch. Marco is especially wonderful. He acts as a father, a bodyguard, a coordinator, and a personal assistant. He is pretty much the expert in all things wedding so if you have any questions, feel free to ask him and he can make a lot of suggestions to match your ideas. He provides you with libations and laughter while ma

Sent on 10/10/2013

Anne-Marie · Married on 08/10/2013

The summit house was the most amazing venue. Carmen was so helpful through the planning process, and the day of our wedding, Marco was fabulous!! He was with my husband and I every moment of the night making sure we had drinks, food, and running the show. I am so happy we chose to have out wedding at this place. The service was amazing and the view is awesome. If you want to have a beautiful night, have your special event here. There is nothing the summit house could have done to make our wedding more special.

Sent on 08/16/2013

We cannot say enough good things about The Summit House! In fact, we are still hearing from our friends and family how attentive, professional, and happy the staff was at our event, how amazing the food was, and how beautiful the location was. We worked with Carmen up until the wedding, and Marco took over the day of. They were phenomenal!! Actually, every member of their staff was phenomenal. Every detail was thought of, every email was responded to, nothing was out of place! I can’t even write a review glowing enough to tell how happy we were with this venue. The view is beautiful; the ballroom is gorgeous with floor to ceiling windows. I highly, highly recommend them!!

We also used Yantz Photography, Ultimate Events (DJ& Lighting), Flower Allie, and Braven Carver (video). I recommend all of them!

Sent on 08/21/2013

Karinna · Married on 07/12/2013

The Summit House is a beautiful venue and we are so happy that we had our wedding reception here. The quality of service is AMAZING!!! We love how Marco and Carmen treated us through out the entire process. On the day of the wedding, Marco was in charge and he made sure that our guest were being taken care of. The employees of the Summit House truly care about their couples. I know they are in this business because they really enjoy making couples happy on their special day. We are very thankful for the beautiful wedding we had and the Summit House was one of the major reasons why this day went by so smoothly.

Thank you Marco and Carmen!!!! We cant wait for our one year anniversary so we can have dinner at the Summit House

Sent on 11/30/2013

Theresa · Married on 07/06/2013

Carmen and her staff, especially Marco were quite responsive and I would definitely recommend this venue to everyone I know that may have a need for the Summit House. Carmen was always very pleasant and willing to offer excellent suggestions and Marco as "spot on" in everything! He anticipated needs and was there before we even had to ask. The wait staff was courteous and I think we definitely received excellent value for our wedding dollar.

Sent on 07/22/2013
  • User3019969 · 2+ years ago

We couldn't have picked a better place to have our wedding!The Summit House is by far, one of the best venues and it was a great value for the price. The views, the lovely outdoor gazebo & the stunning reception ballroom. All of our guests kept commenting on how good the food was & when we were walking around to each table to greet our guests, we saw all cleaned plates! All the staff were very attentive to all our guests and everyone said it was one of the best receptions they have ever been to. Carmen, the wedding coordinator was very helpful, knowledgeable, patient with all of our questions. She was quick to respond to emails and was flexible when we made changes. What really sets The Summit House a part from other wedding venues is their service lead by Marco. Marco and his team were AMAZING! I can't say enough about how much he helped the day to run smoothly and all with a smile on his face. Prior to arriving, Marco adjusted and put up a sign that we made and he set up the candy bar for us (which looked amazing!) When we first arrived to the Bridal Suite, he had champagne, water, cheese, crackers waiting. During our pictures, they stood by at all times with drinks or to hold my bouquet if my arm was getting tired. Right after the ceremony, he had another cart waiting for us and our bridal party and parents to toast with (that was actually a really fun and special moment that would not have happened without Marco setting it up). My husband really appreciated that he made sure that we had time to eat. I have heard that some couples don't get any food during their wedding but Marco made sure that we had enough time to enjoy our dinner. I seriously cannot say enough kind words to describe how great Marco and his staff were, it really made our special day so much fun and entirely stress-free. They definitely went above and beyond our expectations! I HIGHLY recommend this to any couples looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 07/26/2013
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 05/31/2013

I had my ceremony and reception at the Summit House. The ceremony was beautiful under the gazebo with plenty of trees making it perfect for photos. Carmen, the catering director, was very responsive to emails. She would reply within 1-2 days. If she was out of the office, someone else would cover her emails and respond.

They had just recently built the bridal room and it is beautiful and spacious inside. They also have crackers, cheese, and water in the room in case you need some light snacks. I was very fortunate to be able to use it on my wedding day as it was still under construction when I initially booked the venue. The service at the Summit House was outstanding. Everything went smoothly on the wedding day. The staff is so friendly and helpful. In the midst of taking photos they made sure we were well hydrated and fed. They’d come up to us and offer us water, champagne, cider, etc. I think at most wedding venues; you aren’t able to eat any hors d'oeuvres because you are so busy taking photos, but here we were served those too which was great! Marco was awesome! He always checked with me to see if I was doing okay and even helped bustle my dress before the ceremony.

The reception was beautiful and the food was excellent. Everything was perfect! I would highly recommend this venue to future brides. Thank you Summit House!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Staff went above and beyond to make sure our event went smoothly. The food was delicious. I didn't have a worry once I arrived. I recommend the Summit House for any event.

Sent on 05/30/2013