Summit Catering Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Summit Catering 1
Summit Catering 2

Elizabeth · Married on 05/21/2011

Betty and Dory did an exceptional job making sure my wedding day went smooth and was the best day! They made sure everything was in place and my family was to be served at all times. They reassured me that nothing was going to go wrong and nothing did. They took care of everything! If an extra person came, Betty made sure they had a seat. She didn't bother me at all except to EAT! lol I'm glad she did because the food was amazing!!!

Sent on 07/07/2011

David · Married on 04/30/2011

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Dory and the entire staff at Summit Catering. From our first encounter with them, they were personable, professional and delightful. No detail was overlooked, no request ignored, and the day was amazing as a result. The attentiveness of the staff and their service as de facto wedding planners made the day run smoothly. The food was wonderful, the presentation phenomenal, and the day would not have been nearly as perfect with anyone else. We strongly recommend Summit to anyone planning a wedding and/or any other event. We will surely rely on them in the future for other affairs.

Sent on 05/17/2011

Barbara and Abe · Married on 11/13/2010

We are the parents of the bride. We recently had our daughter's and son-in-laws wedding and reception catered by Summit Catering in West Berlin, New Jersey on November 13th. Needless to say, we can't give enough huzzahs and platitudes in the way Dory and her staff made the the entire event and day simply outstanding.
    The planning was a pleasure with painstaking detail from start to finish. We say this because nothing was left to question. The organizational skill without a doubt was beyond compare. Our catering package included, dj, food,and on site flowers. Thie dj had guests dancing all night to the last note of the last song. Freshest Fowers had stunning floral displays throughout the reception site, also. Bartenders were professional and served our guests well.
    Summit Caterer's maitre'd, Lars, was outstanding in his professional and personal management. We never had to worry about anything during the entire day. We were so pleased that Summit helped us have "An Affair To Remember" More than two weeks later our friends and guests are still raving over the food, the venue and the service provided by Summit Catering. Our daughter Melissa and son-in-law Phiil have echoed these comments as well.

Sent on 11/30/2010

jennifer · Married on 10/23/2010

What a wonderful company. Dory, could not do enough for us.
    The food was incredible and the staff was attentive. I would definitely recommend Summit catering for your wedding.

Sent on 10/26/2010

Judy · Married on 10/02/2010

The entire evening was fabulous!!! The appetizers were outstanding and the dinner was wonderful. Everyone was extremely accommodating. We would not have changed anything at all about the evening. Summit Catering did an unbelievable job. They were professional and they delivered on their promise to make it
    "An Affair to Remember"!! My daughter was thrilled with the entire evening.
    Thank you to Summit Catering for everything. Words are not enough to express out gratitude for the wonderful night. Would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 10/10/2010

Jen and Edgar · Married on 09/26/2010

Dory and the staff at Summit Catering are amazing! Every detail of our wedding was perfect. Everyone raved about the food and the service. I loved Mary and Betty, they added something so special to our day. At the end of the night the staff even did the cupid shuffle with us! I loved what a fun crew they were! I found Summit catering by chance, but they were the BEST thing that could have happened to our wedding! We don't have one regret about our whole day, it was beautiful and perfect! All of the vendors that Dory suggested were also amazing! Thanks Summit!

Sent on 11/26/2010

Eileen · Married on 08/21/2010

We were so pleased with Summit Catering from our first meeting through the reception! Dory and her staff were very accomodating to all our requests! The food was scruptious- absolutely delicious; our guests were talking about the food all night long! Desserts were wonderful too! Five days later and people are still talking about the wedding and the food! I highly recommend Summit! We will be using them again for our next family wedding.

Sent on 08/26/2010

clea · Married on 07/17/2010

Like all brides, I've always dreamed of having the perfect wedding and reception; but wasn't sure if that would be possible.....on July 17, 2010, Summit Catering made that possible for us. From day one, Dory was so accomodating to our needs...especially to mine, when i would have one of my bridezilla moments. Her superb organizational skills, attention to detail and dedication made our special day, as our family and friends have described it as the "party of the year"! The impeccable and professional service, the food and venue itself, indeed made it the perfect day for us!!! All her staff was absolutely wonderful from our maitre d' Lars to my assistant Erica & Sharon, and to the rest of the staff. Summit Catering went above and beyond my/our expectations; and i couldn't have asked for anything more on such a special day :)

Sent on 09/05/2010

Jaclyn · Married on 06/26/2010

On June 26, 2010, Summit Catering catered and organized our wedding reception in Tabernacle, New Jersey. The reception was hosted by my parents at their home. Summit Catering supplied and arranged the entire event. The parts that they did not personally provide were arranged through vendors whom they have longstanding relationships with. The food, cooked by Summit Catering’s chef, was amazing. Amongst the many highlights of the cuisine of the evening; the chateaubriand, stuffed flounder, and the clams casino particularly stand out.

Betty, our maitre d, was on top of the events every step of the way. The entire staff was friendly, professional, and prepared to accommodate our needs and wants – no matter how quirky or last minute the request. Our maitre d also anticipated even the details of the wedding party’s needs. She made sure that we took time to relax before we were announced so that we went out to our reception feeling great.

Looking around the backyard you could see the attention to detail from the card table to the hors d'oeuvres table (decorated with a beautiful ice sculpture) all the way to the buffet. The meal ended with the wedding cake & candy bar tables. Everything promised to us by Dory during our consultation was fulfilled. We had an incredible time at our wedding thanks to Summit Catering’s delicious food & professional service. We will be using them again in the future and will be recommending them for anyone who wants to have a wonderful & stress free event.

Sent on 07/05/2010

Dot · Married on 05/22/2010

Dory and the Summit Catering staff did an excellent job for our wedding reception at The Haddon Fortnightly. It could not have been any more wonderful. We knew we couldn't go wrong with the food. All of the appetizers, all of the main courses and all of the desserts were out of this world. The decorations were absolutely elegant. The cake was the most beautiful cake we had ever seen. (It tasted geat, too!) Stew, our deejay, was perfect. Betty, our maitre'd, was superb. She had everything under control. We didn't have to worry about a single thing. All of the staff was very gracious. They didn't hover but were always there when something was needed. This is service at its best! Our only complaint was that time passed much too quickly. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. All of our guests had a terrific time. Summit was really the best caterer for us.

Sent on 07/07/2010

N · Married on 11/21/2009

Summit Catering did a stellar job on our wedding 21st November 2009! They are extremely detail oriented, the staff was more than gracious to all that attended and were involved in our wedding; they were accommodating to speical needs of all our guests, and the compliments on all the food that they prepared are too numerous to count! We would without hesitation recommend their services and will use Summit again for any catering needs we have. They made our wedding day memorable and extremely stress free! It was an amazing day and Summit deserves much of the credit!

Sent on 12/01/2009

Andrew · Married on 11/14/2009

This company has Catering in the name but for a very attractive price they contribute more along the lines of a wedding planner.

The day we selected our food it was all good but not awesome however.... the day of the wedding the food was OUTSTANDING -- My family, some of which have been to other much pricier weddings, said ours had the best food. The staff was all very professional in look as well as deed.

The company owner, Dory, has networked with venue locations and also a DJ company, as well as florists, and a bakery for the cake (which was also second to none) and lastly she was able to suggest limo companies.

It was 3 years ago but IF memory serves everything was included in the price she quoted (venue, DJ, and a cake with alot of good things standard but skys the limit for upgrades (upgrades extra but we didn't need many if any)

Can't stress enough how good that food was !

Sent on 02/02/2013

Donna · Married on 10/09/2009

Summit did my wedding on Oct 9, 2009 and I have never had more enjoyable, not to mention easy time planning an event. I never had to call them; they called me way before I even thought of what was next on the ?to do? list.
    The food was fabulous, the d?cor beautiful, the service impeccable, the DJ was awesome; the cake was by far the best cake I have ever had. I had 119 guest and they all said it was the best wedding they have ever been too. On my wedding day, I felt like a princess. The only thing I had to do was enjoy my day, every time I turned around somebody from Summit was filling my glass or asking me if I needed anything. I never had the ?wedding planning stress? because of Summit.
    After my wedding Dory sent me pictures of the everything before the guest arrived. This way I could see all the little details we planned for months but didn't get to ever see because we were busy entertaining! It was the nicest suprise!
    The prices were extremely competitive and well worth every penny!! Stop looking for a caterer and go with Summit. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 11/18/2009

Kate · Married on 09/19/2009

Dory and her staff are absolutely amazing! They are so helpful and they genuinely want to make your day as special as they possibly can for you. I've had the pleasure of working with Summit twice so far and both times were nothing less them spectacular! Mary, our matradee, was amazing! She kept us all together and dealt with everything so professionally! All the servers/bartenders at our wedding were the best, ultimate professionals. I recommend Summit Catering to anyone. I hope to have the pleasure of dealing with them again soon

Sent on 09/30/2009
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 08/08/2009

Seriously, has anyone given them an imperfect rating? Summit Catering is an impeccably-run company whom I would trust with the most important event of my life (well, I just did!). Dory and her husband Joe run the company. I never actually met Joe but I can't imagine that someone as sweet, professional and on-the-ball as Dory would have a husband who is any less. From what I gathered, Joe mostly cooks the delicious food and Dory mostly runs the business. And they are an amazing team. They are very accommodating. Plus, they take care of everything (if you want them to). They manage to balance personality and professionalism remarkably well. I totally recommend them!

Sent on 09/02/2009

Doris-Jean · Married on 06/14/2009

Dory is extremely professional. The vendors who work with Summit to provide a package of services are all very talented, professional people. You are not pigeon-holed into anything - it is all very flexible. For instance, we wanted a specific wine that was not in the package and the beverage person was able to obtain it at no extra charge to us. The DJ was incredible and took everything we spoke about to heart and gave us exactly what we wanted. The Collingswood Grand Ballroom was included in our package, and it is hands-down the most unique, classy locale in the area, regardless of cost, which is very low compared to similar-looking venues.

Sent on 12/14/2009

caroline · Married on 05/02/2009

We used this caterer for our only daughter's wedding and we could not have made a better choice. Dory and her staff were absolutely the best, very professional but friendly and very accommodating. What my daughter loved was that Dory put them at ease and offered so many "inclusives", and if she did not provide a service, she had recommendations and phone numbers for you to call. She certainly put my mind more at ease, especially since I was helping plan from down in Florida. All of our guests are still talking about how great the food was, along with the beautiful cake and dessert table. I could go on and on. Fabulous, great, definitely I would highly recommend them !!! There were NO problems whatsoever & the price was great too ! Thank you Dory, and staff, for making our daughter's wedding spectacular and a wonderful day to remember.

Sent on 05/15/2009

Heather · Married on 04/18/2009

Dory was amazing, her team is amazing and everything from start to finish on our wedding day was perfect because of them! We highly recommend them! I can't wait for the the next big event in my life so I can use them again!

Sent on 11/25/2009

Amie · Married on 11/14/2008

Summit Catering made my wedding planning so wonderfully memorable! Dory and her staff are absolutely amazing- constantly on the ball and alwasy just a phone call away during the wedding process for any questions or concerns you have. Every vendor Dory referred me to ended up being exceptionally great as well! I plan on using Summit again as soon as a chance arises- they are wonderful to work with.
    From my guest's point of view- they were equally fantastic. THe food was wonderful, from cocktail hour through dessert. THey were extremely kind and attentive to all of my guests. I would recommend Dorry and her staff at Summit in a heartbeat- they were truely unbeleivable.

Sent on 12/02/2008

Bridget · Married on 09/22/2007

Theres not one bad thing I could say about Summit! We had our reception at the Collingswood Grand Ballroom and they made a gorgeous room seem even better than expected. Dory is great to work with and doesn't mind all the questions you think of 24/7. The staff was amazing I felt like royalty!

Sent on 01/06/2008

Kellie · Married on 07/28/2007

Everyone with Summit Catering did a fantastic job-from the food to the decor and they went above and behine on the service. When our florist messed up on the flowers-the corsages for the mothers were supposed to be wrist and they made pins-our matridee made them into wrist corsages using lace that she found. My wedding was a dream come true because of them.

Sent on 10/23/2008

Summit was great to work with! They were not just our caterers, they helped us plan and organize everything! We did our ceremony and reception at the same site, and summit helped with it all. They were very pleasant to work with and make you feel like a part of their family. In addition to great service, the food is incredible! Our guests were blown away by the appetizers and prime rib especially. Everything was delicious and they went the extra step every chance they got to make the day special for me, my new husband, our family, and friends. We recommend summit catering. We worked with Dory and Eric the most, and they are awesome!

Sent on 03/28/2016

Ann Marie · Married on 04/26/2014

We cannot say enough about Summit catering-they made our son& daughter in laws wedding so very special. It was like fairy tale. Dory was so responsive & helpful to the bride & groom! Better than any wedding planner could have been. The staff are so helpful, pleasant and upbeat ! They really helped to make it a party atmosphere. The maitre de Mary was amazing, she handled everything perfectly. We can not thank them enough for making the wedding a truly special day we will remember forever!!!!!
    Paul & Ann Marie Daly

Sent on 05/03/2014
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/31/2010

We were married on Halloween this year. The wedding was far from traditional, so we needed a flexible caterer. Dory clearly knew exactly what she was doing and impressed us from the start. THE FOOD WAS AWESOME. The Vodka Penne was my favorite- just a hint of spice!
    Regarding the flexibility of Summit: We were cleared to opt out of the cake option and find our own cupcake bakery. Our little monster cupcakes were arranged on a gorgeous cupcake tower! Thanks, Summit! We also opted out of the floral centerpieces in favor of beautiful lanterns and leaves that I found. That saved us a few hundred dollars. We nearly chose our own DJ, but didn't. Unfortunately, we ended up regretting that. Summit Catering couldn't have done a better job, but I was very disappointed by our DJ, who got our intro music completely wrong and didn't seem to have our requested list of music completely ready. We spent a lot of time making that list. He was very apologetic and kind, but unprepared due to a recent trip out of state. If you DO choose Time Productions DJs, beg for Stew! He's wonderful and I wish we had had him there that night.
    OUR MAITRE'D was LARS! We couldn't have been happier with him! We was funny, down to Earth, friendly friendly friendly and COMPLETELY reliable. He was frequently in touch to make sure that he got everything right and he didn't even make a mean face at us when we were late to meet him for the first time (completely my fault.) Lars was dressed as Dracula - complete with CAPE! Who doesn't want a Maitre'D with a CAPE on Halloween? Also - although he was very honest, he didn't come to us with an ounce of bad news all night. If there were problems, he fixed them quietly and kept the stress off of us! After the wedding, I heard that my Grandmother had asked for tea even though it wasn't displayed as an option. Lars returned to her with a case full of VERY nice teas and let her choose her favorite! It's stories like that one that make me so thankful that we chose Summit Catering for the wedding. It was more expensive than we expected and it inflated our budget, but it was so worth it. Thank you Dory and Thank you, Lars!

Sent on 12/04/2010

Kathryn · Married on 11/29/2008

I loved everything about Dory and her staff! They were so helpful and attentive. Completely worth every penny!

Sent on 01/09/2009