Summit Catering Reviews

145 | West Berlin, NJ

145 Reviews for Summit Catering

Alexis · Married on 10/22/2011

There isn't enough room to tell you about all the wonderful things Dory and her staff at Summit did for us. From day one Dory was just wonderful to work with. I'm a busy graduate student with a type A personality that has trouble not doing everything myself. Dory was always happy to answer every single question I had and was so attentive to every detail. Summit is more than just a caterer, they really are a mini wedding planner. She offers such value for the money - she offers a package with the catering, a bakery for the cake, florist, and DJ. So you don't have to look for other vendors if you don't want to. We had an onsite ceremony with them and I made a lot of decorations for the outdoor wedding - on the day of her staff set everything up for me just how I instructed them to and I didn't have to worry about anything. Their food is absolutely delicious! Every single guest commented about how delicious everything was. Her staff was fantastic! She provides a maitre d' to take care of running the whole day so that you are a guest at your own wedding and also a personal assistant for the bride and groom to make sure you have whatever you need all day long. Cassy, our personal assistant, was always there asking my husband and I if we needed a drink or food, she helped my mom bustle my dress, and handled any other little thing that came up to make sure that our day went perfectly and we enjoyed it. They even packed up a little "picnic" of food and cake to send with us to the hotel the night of our wedding. Everyone at Summit was just a delight to work with: they genuinely care about making your wedding day exactly how you want it and handle all the details so that you can relax and have a fabulous time. Dory and Summit were absolutely the best choice we made for our wedding!

Sent on 11/19/2011
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 10/08/2011

I can't say enough wonderful things about Summit. Everyone was friendly and helpful. All the pre-planning went smoothly and they were there for us every step of the way. It was almost more like having a wedding planner! The day of our wedding was amazing. All the staff was wonderful. We were taken care of every step of the way. I knew I needed to worry about nothing except having a good time with my guests! The food was AMAZING and we had all the leftovers to take home.

Sent on 10/27/2011
  • Ava

Ava · Married on 09/24/2011

I seriously cannot gush enough about Summit Catering. From the start, Dory was AMAZING. There isn't enough room here to explain all the reasons why I love her, but I never had to worry about a thing. Dory was organized and considerate of all my needs and visions. She always answered my emails, and promptly so. She made suggestions that had our best interests in mind. And when we had a couple of minor freak outs with the venue as our wedding drew closer, she nipped both the issues in the bud before the day was out.

The food was AMAZING! The menu tasting blew the minds of our families and the reception dinner blew the minds of our guests...to the point everyone is STILL talking about it! My maitre'd, Lars, and my personal bridal attendent, Mary, were also phenomenal, and quite possibly the most attentive people in the entire industry. My husband and I always had a fresh drink, and a platter of appetizers was brought to the bridal suite after the ceremony to make sure we had a taste! Another platter of desserts was brought to our sweetheart table so we didn't have to wait in line with the guests.

Like I said, I can't gush about Summit Catering enough. It should be against the law to even consider hiring anyone else to cater your wedding.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Nancy · Married on 07/30/2011

From the first meeting to the last moments of the evening, Dory and her staff were professional, courteous, helpful, and just simply awesome!! This company is the last word on organization. Staff knew the name and selected entree for each guest and every staff member was attentive to our guests. Almost every guest made a point to tell us their entree was delicious. The food was delicious and the wait staff impeccable. The maitre d' (Lars) was, in a word, superb! I would highly recommend Summit Catering for any event!

Sent on 08/04/2011

Lindsay · Married on 07/29/2011

Summit Catering was excellent and professional. They coordinated everything for our wedding day. In the months leading up to our wedding, Dory was incredibly responsive and willing to answer any questions we had about our food, venue, etc. On the day of our wedding, our maitre'd, Betty, made sure that everything ran smoothly. She took care of any issues that arose without even having to tell us about them - it made it so easy for us to relax and enjoy the day.
    Also - the food was DELICIOUS! Everyone loved the hors d'oeuvres, main courses, and dessert - especially the chocolate fountain!

Sent on 08/11/2011

Susan · Married on 05/29/2011

Summit Catering did a wonderful job catering my daughter and son-in-law's wedding at Valenzano Winery on May 29, 2011. The food was delicious. Our requests (all fish and dairy items) were probably not the usual, but Dory helped us select a lovely array of dishes that satisfied everyone (not one complaint from our meat and potatoes guests). The tables were decorated beautifully and the entertainment was perfectly matched to the preferences of the bride and groom. We were worried about just going with the included floral and DJ services for the most part, but decided to put our trust in Dory's expertise. The compliments are still rolling in. Both young and older guests continue to tell us that they never had so much fun at a wedding before - elegant but not too stuffy. Our maitre'd, Lars, was warm and attentive throughout the day. I missed the Viennese table during all the fun, but he had had a plateful of my favorite, specially-requested cookies left at my table. Amazingly, Summit sends you home with your leftovers! Lars actually went into the office the following day (a holiday!) to pack up our food and give it to us, since we had stayed in a hotel overnight and were not able to store the food at the hotel. Summit offers very reasonable prices, but their service is topnotch. I recommend them wholeheartedly!

Sent on 07/20/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 05/21/2011

Betty and Dory did an exceptional job making sure my wedding day went smooth and was the best day! They made sure everything was in place and my family was to be served at all times. They reassured me that nothing was going to go wrong and nothing did. They took care of everything! If an extra person came, Betty made sure they had a seat. She didn't bother me at all except to EAT! lol I'm glad she did because the food was amazing!!!

Sent on 07/07/2011

David · Married on 04/30/2011

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Dory and the entire staff at Summit Catering. From our first encounter with them, they were personable, professional and delightful. No detail was overlooked, no request ignored, and the day was amazing as a result. The attentiveness of the staff and their service as de facto wedding planners made the day run smoothly. The food was wonderful, the presentation phenomenal, and the day would not have been nearly as perfect with anyone else. We strongly recommend Summit to anyone planning a wedding and/or any other event. We will surely rely on them in the future for other affairs.

Sent on 05/17/2011

Barbara and Abe · Married on 11/13/2010

We are the parents of the bride. We recently had our daughter's and son-in-laws wedding and reception catered by Summit Catering in West Berlin, New Jersey on November 13th. Needless to say, we can't give enough huzzahs and platitudes in the way Dory and her staff made the the entire event and day simply outstanding.
    The planning was a pleasure with painstaking detail from start to finish. We say this because nothing was left to question. The organizational skill without a doubt was beyond compare. Our catering package included, dj, food,and on site flowers. Thie dj had guests dancing all night to the last note of the last song. Freshest Fowers had stunning floral displays throughout the reception site, also. Bartenders were professional and served our guests well.
    Summit Caterer's maitre'd, Lars, was outstanding in his professional and personal management. We never had to worry about anything during the entire day. We were so pleased that Summit helped us have "An Affair To Remember" More than two weeks later our friends and guests are still raving over the food, the venue and the service provided by Summit Catering. Our daughter Melissa and son-in-law Phiil have echoed these comments as well.

Sent on 11/30/2010

jennifer · Married on 10/23/2010

What a wonderful company. Dory, could not do enough for us.
    The food was incredible and the staff was attentive. I would definitely recommend Summit catering for your wedding.

Sent on 10/26/2010

Judy · Married on 10/02/2010

The entire evening was fabulous!!! The appetizers were outstanding and the dinner was wonderful. Everyone was extremely accommodating. We would not have changed anything at all about the evening. Summit Catering did an unbelievable job. They were professional and they delivered on their promise to make it
    "An Affair to Remember"!! My daughter was thrilled with the entire evening.
    Thank you to Summit Catering for everything. Words are not enough to express out gratitude for the wonderful night. Would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 10/10/2010

Jen and Edgar · Married on 09/26/2010

Dory and the staff at Summit Catering are amazing! Every detail of our wedding was perfect. Everyone raved about the food and the service. I loved Mary and Betty, they added something so special to our day. At the end of the night the staff even did the cupid shuffle with us! I loved what a fun crew they were! I found Summit catering by chance, but they were the BEST thing that could have happened to our wedding! We don't have one regret about our whole day, it was beautiful and perfect! All of the vendors that Dory suggested were also amazing! Thanks Summit!

Sent on 11/26/2010

Eileen · Married on 08/21/2010

We were so pleased with Summit Catering from our first meeting through the reception! Dory and her staff were very accomodating to all our requests! The food was scruptious- absolutely delicious; our guests were talking about the food all night long! Desserts were wonderful too! Five days later and people are still talking about the wedding and the food! I highly recommend Summit! We will be using them again for our next family wedding.

Sent on 08/26/2010

clea · Married on 07/17/2010

Like all brides, I've always dreamed of having the perfect wedding and reception; but wasn't sure if that would be possible.....on July 17, 2010, Summit Catering made that possible for us. From day one, Dory was so accomodating to our needs...especially to mine, when i would have one of my bridezilla moments. Her superb organizational skills, attention to detail and dedication made our special day, as our family and friends have described it as the "party of the year"! The impeccable and professional service, the food and venue itself, indeed made it the perfect day for us!!! All her staff was absolutely wonderful from our maitre d' Lars to my assistant Erica & Sharon, and to the rest of the staff. Summit Catering went above and beyond my/our expectations; and i couldn't have asked for anything more on such a special day :)

Sent on 09/05/2010

Jaclyn · Married on 06/26/2010

On June 26, 2010, Summit Catering catered and organized our wedding reception in Tabernacle, New Jersey. The reception was hosted by my parents at their home. Summit Catering supplied and arranged the entire event. The parts that they did not personally provide were arranged through vendors whom they have longstanding relationships with. The food, cooked by Summit Catering’s chef, was amazing. Amongst the many highlights of the cuisine of the evening; the chateaubriand, stuffed flounder, and the clams casino particularly stand out.

Betty, our maitre d, was on top of the events every step of the way. The entire staff was friendly, professional, and prepared to accommodate our needs and wants – no matter how quirky or last minute the request. Our maitre d also anticipated even the details of the wedding party’s needs. She made sure that we took time to relax before we were announced so that we went out to our reception feeling great.

Looking around the backyard you could see the attention to detail from the card table to the hors d'oeuvres table (decorated with a beautiful ice sculpture) all the way to the buffet. The meal ended with the wedding cake & candy bar tables. Everything promised to us by Dory during our consultation was fulfilled. We had an incredible time at our wedding thanks to Summit Catering’s delicious food & professional service. We will be using them again in the future and will be recommending them for anyone who wants to have a wonderful & stress free event.

Sent on 07/05/2010

Dot · Married on 05/22/2010

Dory and the Summit Catering staff did an excellent job for our wedding reception at The Haddon Fortnightly. It could not have been any more wonderful. We knew we couldn't go wrong with the food. All of the appetizers, all of the main courses and all of the desserts were out of this world. The decorations were absolutely elegant. The cake was the most beautiful cake we had ever seen. (It tasted geat, too!) Stew, our deejay, was perfect. Betty, our maitre'd, was superb. She had everything under control. We didn't have to worry about a single thing. All of the staff was very gracious. They didn't hover but were always there when something was needed. This is service at its best! Our only complaint was that time passed much too quickly. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. All of our guests had a terrific time. Summit was really the best caterer for us.

Sent on 07/07/2010

N · Married on 11/21/2009

Summit Catering did a stellar job on our wedding 21st November 2009! They are extremely detail oriented, the staff was more than gracious to all that attended and were involved in our wedding; they were accommodating to speical needs of all our guests, and the compliments on all the food that they prepared are too numerous to count! We would without hesitation recommend their services and will use Summit again for any catering needs we have. They made our wedding day memorable and extremely stress free! It was an amazing day and Summit deserves much of the credit!

Sent on 12/01/2009

Andrew · Married on 11/14/2009

This company has Catering in the name but for a very attractive price they contribute more along the lines of a wedding planner.

The day we selected our food it was all good but not awesome however.... the day of the wedding the food was OUTSTANDING -- My family, some of which have been to other much pricier weddings, said ours had the best food. The staff was all very professional in look as well as deed.

The company owner, Dory, has networked with venue locations and also a DJ company, as well as florists, and a bakery for the cake (which was also second to none) and lastly she was able to suggest limo companies.

It was 3 years ago but IF memory serves everything was included in the price she quoted (venue, DJ, and a cake with alot of good things standard but skys the limit for upgrades (upgrades extra but we didn't need many if any)

Can't stress enough how good that food was !

Sent on 02/02/2013

Donna · Married on 10/09/2009

Summit did my wedding on Oct 9, 2009 and I have never had more enjoyable, not to mention easy time planning an event. I never had to call them; they called me way before I even thought of what was next on the ?to do? list.
    The food was fabulous, the d?cor beautiful, the service impeccable, the DJ was awesome; the cake was by far the best cake I have ever had. I had 119 guest and they all said it was the best wedding they have ever been too. On my wedding day, I felt like a princess. The only thing I had to do was enjoy my day, every time I turned around somebody from Summit was filling my glass or asking me if I needed anything. I never had the ?wedding planning stress? because of Summit.
    After my wedding Dory sent me pictures of the everything before the guest arrived. This way I could see all the little details we planned for months but didn't get to ever see because we were busy entertaining! It was the nicest suprise!
    The prices were extremely competitive and well worth every penny!! Stop looking for a caterer and go with Summit. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 11/18/2009

Kate · Married on 09/19/2009

Dory and her staff are absolutely amazing! They are so helpful and they genuinely want to make your day as special as they possibly can for you. I've had the pleasure of working with Summit twice so far and both times were nothing less them spectacular! Mary, our matradee, was amazing! She kept us all together and dealt with everything so professionally! All the servers/bartenders at our wedding were the best, ultimate professionals. I recommend Summit Catering to anyone. I hope to have the pleasure of dealing with them again soon

Sent on 09/30/2009
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 08/08/2009

Seriously, has anyone given them an imperfect rating? Summit Catering is an impeccably-run company whom I would trust with the most important event of my life (well, I just did!). Dory and her husband Joe run the company. I never actually met Joe but I can't imagine that someone as sweet, professional and on-the-ball as Dory would have a husband who is any less. From what I gathered, Joe mostly cooks the delicious food and Dory mostly runs the business. And they are an amazing team. They are very accommodating. Plus, they take care of everything (if you want them to). They manage to balance personality and professionalism remarkably well. I totally recommend them!

Sent on 09/02/2009

Doris-Jean · Married on 06/14/2009

Dory is extremely professional. The vendors who work with Summit to provide a package of services are all very talented, professional people. You are not pigeon-holed into anything - it is all very flexible. For instance, we wanted a specific wine that was not in the package and the beverage person was able to obtain it at no extra charge to us. The DJ was incredible and took everything we spoke about to heart and gave us exactly what we wanted. The Collingswood Grand Ballroom was included in our package, and it is hands-down the most unique, classy locale in the area, regardless of cost, which is very low compared to similar-looking venues.

Sent on 12/14/2009

caroline · Married on 05/02/2009

We used this caterer for our only daughter's wedding and we could not have made a better choice. Dory and her staff were absolutely the best, very professional but friendly and very accommodating. What my daughter loved was that Dory put them at ease and offered so many "inclusives", and if she did not provide a service, she had recommendations and phone numbers for you to call. She certainly put my mind more at ease, especially since I was helping plan from down in Florida. All of our guests are still talking about how great the food was, along with the beautiful cake and dessert table. I could go on and on. Fabulous, great, definitely I would highly recommend them !!! There were NO problems whatsoever & the price was great too ! Thank you Dory, and staff, for making our daughter's wedding spectacular and a wonderful day to remember.

Sent on 05/15/2009

Heather · Married on 04/18/2009

Dory was amazing, her team is amazing and everything from start to finish on our wedding day was perfect because of them! We highly recommend them! I can't wait for the the next big event in my life so I can use them again!

Sent on 11/25/2009

Amie · Married on 11/14/2008

Summit Catering made my wedding planning so wonderfully memorable! Dory and her staff are absolutely amazing- constantly on the ball and alwasy just a phone call away during the wedding process for any questions or concerns you have. Every vendor Dory referred me to ended up being exceptionally great as well! I plan on using Summit again as soon as a chance arises- they are wonderful to work with.
    From my guest's point of view- they were equally fantastic. THe food was wonderful, from cocktail hour through dessert. THey were extremely kind and attentive to all of my guests. I would recommend Dorry and her staff at Summit in a heartbeat- they were truely unbeleivable.

Sent on 12/02/2008