Summit Catering Reviews

157 | West Berlin, NJ

157 Reviews for Summit Catering

Working with Summit Catering has been like getting support from another family. Everyone we've worked with has been extremely gracious and patient with us, especially since my husband and I were not experienced party planners. From the first meeting, Dory and her staff made us feel welcomed.The entire wedding planning process was organized and seemless thanks to Dory's guidance.

Even despite the threat of a hurricane, the entire staff (EVERYONE. Seriously, from bartender to waitstaff) was in good humors and worked like a well-oiled team. The food was highly praised, and for couples who are looking around, expect to have a few cars to help you out at the end of the night, because you get all the delicious leftovers.

Summit Catering, you are in the business of making wedding dreams come true, and I cannot thank you enough how your help and work ethics had made our day very special. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!

Sent on 10/31/2015

Martha · Married on 09/18/2015

I have to be honest with you, when it comes to Summit Catering and Dory, I am left speechless... I first contacted Dory in the early part of spring. I was looking for catering for a small wedding at our church in September. I just needed hot and cold appetizers since my girlfriend was making my cake and some sweets for a desert table. Well in between the time of our first meeting and getting together to put all arrangements together, my future husband was diagnosed with a rare and progressive cancer. Needless to say, I was a mess. I could hardly think of putting together a wedding and that's when Dory stepped in. She is A M A Z I N G! She took care of EVERYTHING. She told me to just concentrate on getting my fiancee well and she would do the rest. It still blows my mind how wonderful everything turned out that day. Every detail was taken care of, they even set up and decorated my desert table. The servers, Kirsten and Michael could not do enough for me, they were wonderful! All I had to do that day was show up and enjoy the most important day of my life. My guests were astonished at the spread and how delicious everything tasted, and I have to admit, I was even a little skeptical that my guests would have enough to eat, since it was at 5 O'clock, but they had more than their fill!
    There are no words that can express my gratitude to Dory and the Summit crew.
    And on an even happier note, my husband is now cancer free! Praise the Lord!
    Thank you Dory, and God bless all of you!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Wow, where do I begin? Dory is AWESOME. She is on top of every little detail and was so helpful throughout the process (we had no clue what we were doing!) Little things like getting our marriage license, when to send out invitations... we could rely on Dory to guide us. Our wedding was held at Moorestown Community House and both our families and guests were just floored by Summit's services. Erika, our Maitre'd was fabulous, as was Rose who make sure my husband and I were always well-taken care of during the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Bartenders and servers were all so pleasant and amazing.

Our guests are still raving about how much FUN they had at our wedding and we can absolutely say it was the best day EVER! From the cake (provided by DiBartolo's Bakery who is paired with Summit) to the decor that Summit helps provide and set up - it was all just amazing. The day absolutely exceeded any expectations we had about our big day. Thank you SO much Dory and Summit Catering for making everything so perfect.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Chuck B. · Married on 09/04/2015

What can we say about Dory and Summit Catering…When we first met Dory in June 2014, there was an instant connection. She genuinely cares about her couples and takes tremendous pride in her services. She just seemed to get our style and knew exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Needless to say, the wedding reception she gave us, at Valenzano Winery far exceeded our expectations. Everything from the rustic decor to the food was a big hit with our guests. The staff was incredible! Betty was our maitre d', and she did an incredible job. Like Dory, she was extremely likable and treated us like family.

Summit offers a "full service" wedding reception and Dory will provide you with a great list of vendors to help fulfill your needs for the perfect reception. Dory was with us in every part of planning our reception. Her creativity along with her open-minded attitude towards our style made planning and preparing for our wedding much easier than we expected, and it never seemed to burden us.

I can't say enough about Summit Catering! I can't imagine another catering service who can compare to them…if you're planning a wedding, do yourself the favor and consider Summit. We can't wait to hire them in the future!

Sent on 09/15/2015
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 08/21/2015

The best in the business! Summit Catering gets every ounce of credit for making our wedding reception PERFECT. After our first meeting with Dory, we could tell that this family owned and operated business was who we wanted to work with. Dory and the staff have an amazing attention to detail - to the point that my now husband commented to me "I think they are even more on-the-ball than even you are!" - which says a lot about this Type A Jersey girl. Dory's experience and expertise helped to make planning a wedding from afar as easy as it can be.

Betty (maitre'd), Dani (our designated staff), and Kathy (my parent's designated staff) were the key people we interacted with on the day of the wedding. They felt like family and made sure to keep the food and drinks flowing, the party going, and everyone having a great time. Any issue that could have arisen was promptly handled and they did a great job of keeping those off my radar - much appreciated so I could enjoy the evening!

We are getting so many compliments from the guests on the food, venue, and service. I HIGHLY recommend Summit Catering to any bride looking to get married in the South Jersey area, especially at Valenzano.

Sent on 08/28/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/03/2015

We could not have planned a wedding without the help of Dory at Summit Catering. From start to finish, we were wow by their professionalism, organization, responsiveness, and willingness to help with ANYTHING we needed. We truly enjoyed every bit of our wedding and owe it to Dory and her team. We have nothing but amazing things to remember from our day, and nothing but great feedback from our guests as well. Dory and her team, including Betty (our Maitre 'd) made the planning process and the actual day of our wedding so much easier for us! We wish we could have our reception every weekend! I would recommend Summit Catering to anyone and cannot wait to have another big event.

Sent on 07/15/2015

M · Married on 06/27/2015

Twelve years ago Summit Catering catered our wedding, to which the professionalism, set up, food, and all around service was out of this world. Summit Catering made that day BEAUTIFUL! So I called on Summit Catering again to help aide me in giving my wife a surprise party. Again Summit Catering separated themselves from everyone else. I would like to THANK Summit Catering for making my Wife's surprise birthday party an event we will never forget. If you are looking for a catering service who treats everyone like family with great pricing, food, and all around humbleness Summit Catering is your place!!!! I can't say enough about Summit Catering and their staff!!!!

Sent on 07/03/2015
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 05/30/2015

Incredible from soup to nuts!

Summit Catering is hands down one of the best! Our wedding reception had to be rescheduled in less than 3 weeks and Dory and her team brought all of our ideas to life. From the moment we contacted them, they jumped right into action and helped put us at ease and calm us down as we were panicking. They helped us pick the best food options for an outdoor venue, and provided us with plenty of information in great detail. The food at the wedding did NOT disappoint. The mongolian beef was INCREDIBLE, people are still asking about it weeks later. The cake and desserts were delicious, and we even asked for a specialty cake and it was exactly as we had imagined. We cannot thank Dory, Betty our Maitre D and the rest of the Summit staff enough for making our wedding dreams come true! We would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/10/2020

Kristin · Married on 05/16/2015

Summit Catering played a HUGE part in making our wedding the best night of our lives!

Getting married in New Jersey while planning the wedding from Dubai was no easy task. I had very limited time in New Jersey before our big day and Dory & her team at Summit always made everything simple, streamlined, easy, and flexible for me! Dory was able to consolidate meetings, tastings, run throughs, and anything else you can name into such a short window of time. She is so easy to work with and super responsive... its almost like she knows what you are going to ask before you ask it! I am a self-proclaimed control freak living half a world away and she couldn't have made this entire experiance any easier for me! Thanks Dory for saving my sanity and putting me at ease :)

Summit was my one stop shop for not only catering but flawless wedding coordination. The whole team (big shout out to Teresa & Danielle - ANGELS on earth!) far surpassed my expectations (and all other amazing reviews) on the day of. Teresa - our maitre’d who ran our wedding day did a flawless job in helping us execute the ceremony, set up of the room, and oversaw the entire night went above and beyond for us and our guests. Not to mention she is SO patient! We also had Danielle as our designated server who made sure we had plenty of food & drinks throughout the night. My Dad is still raving about how every time he turned around there she was with another beer for him haha! Honestly, my whole family and my maid of honor raved about Teresa and Danielle the entire night. They were there for us in countless ways and really helped the night go off without a hitch... and if there was a hitch I didn't know about it because of them :)

Family and guests are STILL raving about the food and service over a week later. Everyone is especially caught up on cocktail hour, the flatiron steak, and the entire dessert room... What more could I ask for?! Thank you Summit for everything!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Renee · Married on 05/16/2015

Working with Summit Catering was an amazing experience. They catered my sister's wedding at the Collingswood Grand Ballroom in 2007, so I knew I wanted to choose them as soon as I got engaged. We booked the Moorestown Community House and the entire wedding planning process was wonderful - from taste testing to the final meeting! They gave us real and honest advice when we asked for it, and made sure everything was perfect.

Our wedding day was surreal and awesome, and a lot of that is because we knew every last detail was taken care of by Dory and her staff. The venue looked amazing, the guests were happy the whole night, the timeline of the night was seamless, and we wouldn't change a thing. The FOOD was out of this world! I wish I had a dollar for every time someone told me how much they loved the food! People are still talking about it 3 weeks later.

We loved how our maître d' Celeste took charge when needed - she had to get the rowdy wedding party lined up for introductions, and came to us with any questions - like deciding not to throw the bouquet because we were having too much fun on the dance floor to stop the party!

Also, Courtney was sweet and brought us water and hors d'oeuvres in the bridal suite, and the other servers were wonderful with the guests. Everyone was impressed!

I was so happy with Summit Catering, and look forward to using them for events in the future!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Rob · Married on 05/15/2015

Extremely helpful in all aspects of planning the wedding, even in areas they were not responsible for. Found solutions to all issues in great time and in great detail, which there were only 2 minor hiccups during the whole event. They took great care of us and our guests and made sure everything was on schedule and done correctly. They are serious professionals in the business. We threw some new ideas that they haven't done before that we wanted for our wedding and they executed them perfectly and without fuss, even taking our ideas further to make them better, and they were excited to try our out-of-the-box ideas. The event planning was AMAZING(!!), not just for a "catering" company, their planning and attention to detail was seriously top-notch!! Not to even mention their food.. their food was AWESOME! There was sooo much food of all different types. Everyone at our wedding kept coming up to us throughout the night telling us this was the best wedding they have ever been to and that the food was delicious!
    We can't thank everyone at Summit Catering enough, all of the staff was fantastic and on-point! You will not be disappointed! They were AMAZING!!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Ashley · Married on 05/02/2015

Summit Catering made all our dreams come true. We couldn't have been happier with the choice of Summit Catering- everything was WONDERFUL- they literally took my breath away with the set up of the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Everyone RAVED about the venue (Valenzano Winery) and the food.

Dory is an AMAZING WOMAN who truly cares about her clients. She is very KNOWLEDGEABLE and pays attention to every last detail.

Dory was the officiant of our Ceremony and she did an phenomenal job- she made the ceremony personal and spoke from the heart.

Dory and her husband Joe are very lucky to have such great staff.

Betty was our Maitre'd who we fell in love with the day we met her to look at Valenzano Winery- our Wedding Day was PERFECT because of her.

This day will be marked as the best day of our lives.

Thank you to the ENTIRE Summit Catering Staff!!!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Summit made my day absolutely perfect! I got nothing but outstanding reviews from my guests about the food, and professionalism of the staff. They were always one step ahead of me on my wedding day, taking care of things, running the show, and providing outstanding service. I am so glad we chose them to cater our big day!

Sent on 04/03/2015

Susan · Married on 03/21/2015

My son and daughter in law just had their reception at valenzano winery using summit catering...everything was amazing from the venue to the food and the service...I cant say enough about how perfect their day was!!

Sent on 03/26/2015

Stacey · Married on 11/08/2014

There are no words to describe how wonderful Summit is. From the food, to the wedding prep, to the decor of the ceremony and reception space - it was just perfect.

Thank you to Dory and her staff for helping make our day amazing!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Melana · Married on 11/01/2014

Dory, her family, Teresa (maitre'd) and Erica were FANTASTIC! paid great attention to detail and made sure everything was perfect for our wedding day. the food was delicious and service very professional. If I could do my wedding all over again I would chose Summit in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Brittany · Married on 10/10/2014

Words can't describe how wonderful this company is! From the service to the food to the timely responses when we needed them throughout the planning process, Dory and her team are untouchable! The food is absolutely outstanding! Our guests continue to rave about it! We had a specific vision for our wedding and when we entered the venue our vision was brought to life and then some! Their positive attitudes truly shine through since wedding planning isn't always the easiest. But Dory eased any stresses we had the entire length of the journey! I would like to thank Summit catering for making our dream wedding better than we ever thought would be possible!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Stefanie · Married on 10/03/2014

My husband and I would recommend Summit Catering and their staff to anyone. We feel so lucky we came across this company and they handled everything for our wedding. It was a perfect experience. They made everything easy for us and we had no stress while planning our wedding. This was exactly what we were looking for. We love working with Summit Catering!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Allison · Married on 09/28/2014

Summit Catering was unbelievably wonderful to work with and their packages make wedding planning simple and uncomplicated! We had our wedding at the Moorestown Community House last weekend. From my first e-mail with Dory about their wedding packages and popular venues last year to the Summit staff helping pack up my in-laws' car with leftovers after the reception, our experience was nothing but positive, professional, and stress-free. We put off planning our wedding for 10 months dreading trying to plan it from California. I was never enthusiastic about planning a wedding, but Dory and Summit actually made the experience fun, which I did not think was possible!

Their impressive packages include reception site fees, the amazing DJ from Time Productions, the wedding cake, the European sweets table (which people were so impressed by), the flowers for the food tables, the linens, and most of all the incredible food. Every single vendor that works with Dory and Summit Catering raved about Dory and how organized and professional she is. Weddings are run like a well oiled machine for this company as Summit works with the same vendors for all of their weddings; from all of Time Production's DJs knowing all of Summit's staff to DiBartolo's Bakery who welcome you into the store to try their cakes and tell you how happy we'll be working with Summit, it's pretty unreal how organized and professional Summit is.

Working with Summit was honestly stress-free. There were no what-if's and no worries that anything was going to go wrong. Our reception was perfect and beautiful, above and beyond what I could've ever imagined. Our maitre d', Betty, was so organized, kind, and just lovely to work with. Danielle, who made sure we were eating and drinking the entire night, was amazing and so accommodating. The staff were wonderful, the food was AMAZING, and our wedding was just wonderful. I can never, ever give enough praise to Summit Catering. They gave us the perfect wedding day.

Sent on 10/03/2014

I got married at Valenzano Winery, which provides a list of approved caterers that you have to choose from. Summit was our first call after perusing the reviews for all the caterers--they had the most consistently positive and detailed reviews, and I hope this review will help another couple decide that Summit is the right caterer for them!

First, it's important to say that my husband and I both have horrible control issues. We are type-A perfectionists and we started out with zero wedding knowledge. Valenzano was actually the first of about twenty venues that we looked at, but we knew from the very beginning that Dory was right for us. She is high-energy, truly excited about what she does, impeccably organized, and never failed to make us feel that our endless/annoying/ridiculous questions were totally legitimate. And, after spending so many hours (literally months) looking at just about everything that is out there in the NJ/NY area, I can verify that Summit IS the best choice in the most important aspects of wedding planning: food (we love to eat), flexibility, and budget.

When we signed with Summit and started meeting the other affiliated vendors (DiBartolo Bakery, Time Productions, Freshest Flowers), every single person we dealt with breathed a sigh of relief when we told them we were a "Summit couple"--and many went on to tell us that we were in the best of hands. The affiliated vendors are not only a huge time-saver but they are extremely high-quality and consistent with the Summit brand--I can't wait to write their reviews after this one.

Celeste was our maitre d' and Katie was also assigned to us to make sure that we were watered and fed--and they are truly "Summit" in their professionalism and infallible patience. Our guests are still raving about how good the food and service was, two weeks later! After the day is over, all you will remember is whether you and your guests had the most amazing party--and Summit made sure that we did.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Tina · Married on 09/13/2014

The team at Summit were the absolute best! I couldn't be happier with the services that they provided. Dory also was our officiant and did such a great job. People will be talking about our wedding for years to come.

Sent on 09/17/2014

Jacqueline · Married on 09/13/2014

Summit went above and beyond our expectations. Betty and Erika made sure my husband, our families and I had everything we needed. Everything from the staff to tend DJ and the food and cake were amazing. Are family and friends are still raving about the food.

We could not have asked for a better day and I am so glad we choose Summit to share in this wonderful memory.

Sent on 09/17/2014

James N. · Married on 07/12/2014

Absolutely amazing, I can't say enough about Summit and their staff. They went above and beyond to make sure our special day was truly perfect

Sent on 07/23/2014

Concetta · Married on 07/12/2014

My husband and I had a really unique wedding situation. I was living in upstate Pennsylvania, and he was living half of the year in upstate New York and half of the year in the Dominican Republic---while we were trying to plan our southern NJ wedding, over the course of 2 years. Dory was amazing. She figured out a plan for us so that we could make decisions (i.e. on the cake; flowers; linens) while we were both around, and she was always available via phone or email if we had any questions. And our maître d', Celeste, thought of everything. She had us pick a person to contact in case she needed to ask decisions the day of, so we wouldn't have to worry. The day of the wedding, we stocked the bar ourselves, and when we ran out of champagne, the staff and my maid of honor took care of it without my husband or I having to worry about a thing. Everything was taken care of, the entire experience was more than we could have asked for, and our guests had an incredible time. The food was outstanding (we even asked for arancini, a Sicilian street food that my family loves, and they found a recipe and made it for us). I could not recommend them more highly.

Sent on 09/14/2014

Ashley · Married on 06/21/2014

Dory and her staff are amazing! From the moment my husband and I first met with Dory, we knew we had to have Summit as our caterer. You get so much more than a caterer with Summit! Dory handles the food, cake, dj, and everything else you can imagine (including photo booth, flowers, lighting, etc). and everything that she does not handle, she provides recommendations for top notch vendors in the area. You truly get a wedding planner when booking with Dory. I did not need to worry at any point in this process and knew that everything would turn out perfect. The food is absolutely delicious, the staff is so professional, and they truly do a wonderful job setting everything up. At the end of the night, the staff packed everything up and loaded it into our cars without us even having to worry about a thing. I can't possibly say enough wonderful things about Summit Catering. Do yourself a favor and book with Dory- you will NOT regret it.

Sent on 08/06/2014