Summit Catering Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Summit Catering 1
Summit Catering 2

Allison · Married on 09/28/2014

Summit Catering was unbelievably wonderful to work with and their packages make wedding planning simple and uncomplicated! We had our wedding at the Moorestown Community House last weekend. From my first e-mail with Dory about their wedding packages and popular venues last year to the Summit staff helping pack up my in-laws' car with leftovers after the reception, our experience was nothing but positive, professional, and stress-free. We put off planning our wedding for 10 months dreading trying to plan it from California. I was never enthusiastic about planning a wedding, but Dory and Summit actually made the experience fun, which I did not think was possible!

Their impressive packages include reception site fees, the amazing DJ from Time Productions, the wedding cake, the European sweets table (which people were so impressed by), the flowers for the food tables, the linens, and most of all the incredible food. Every single vendor that works with Dory and Summit Catering raved about Dory and how organized and professional she is. Weddings are run like a well oiled machine for this company as Summit works with the same vendors for all of their weddings; from all of Time Production's DJs knowing all of Summit's staff to DiBartolo's Bakery who welcome you into the store to try their cakes and tell you how happy we'll be working with Summit, it's pretty unreal how organized and professional Summit is.

Working with Summit was honestly stress-free. There were no what-if's and no worries that anything was going to go wrong. Our reception was perfect and beautiful, above and beyond what I could've ever imagined. Our maitre d', Betty, was so organized, kind, and just lovely to work with. Danielle, who made sure we were eating and drinking the entire night, was amazing and so accommodating. The staff were wonderful, the food was AMAZING, and our wedding was just wonderful. I can never, ever give enough praise to Summit Catering. They gave us the perfect wedding day.

Sent on 10/03/2014

I got married at Valenzano Winery, which provides a list of approved caterers that you have to choose from. Summit was our first call after perusing the reviews for all the caterers--they had the most consistently positive and detailed reviews, and I hope this review will help another couple decide that Summit is the right caterer for them!

First, it's important to say that my husband and I both have horrible control issues. We are type-A perfectionists and we started out with zero wedding knowledge. Valenzano was actually the first of about twenty venues that we looked at, but we knew from the very beginning that Dory was right for us. She is high-energy, truly excited about what she does, impeccably organized, and never failed to make us feel that our endless/annoying/ridiculous questions were totally legitimate. And, after spending so many hours (literally months) looking at just about everything that is out there in the NJ/NY area, I can verify that Summit IS the best choice in the most important aspects of wedding planning: food (we love to eat), flexibility, and budget.

When we signed with Summit and started meeting the other affiliated vendors (DiBartolo Bakery, Time Productions, Freshest Flowers), every single person we dealt with breathed a sigh of relief when we told them we were a "Summit couple"--and many went on to tell us that we were in the best of hands. The affiliated vendors are not only a huge time-saver but they are extremely high-quality and consistent with the Summit brand--I can't wait to write their reviews after this one.

Celeste was our maitre d' and Katie was also assigned to us to make sure that we were watered and fed--and they are truly "Summit" in their professionalism and infallible patience. Our guests are still raving about how good the food and service was, two weeks later! After the day is over, all you will remember is whether you and your guests had the most amazing party--and Summit made sure that we did.

Sent on 10/08/2014

tina · Married on 09/13/2014

The team at Summit were the absolute best! I couldn't be happier with the services that they provided. Dory also was our officiant and did such a great job. People will be talking about our wedding for years to come.

Sent on 09/17/2014

Jacqueline · Married on 09/13/2014

Summit went above and beyond our expectations. Betty and Erika made sure my husband, our families and I had everything we needed. Everything from the staff to tend DJ and the food and cake were amazing. Are family and friends are still raving about the food.

We could not have asked for a better day and I am so glad we choose Summit to share in this wonderful memory.

Sent on 09/17/2014

James & Nicole · Married on 07/12/2014

Absolutely amazing, I can't say enough about Summit and their staff. They went above and beyond to make sure our special day was truly perfect

Sent on 07/23/2014

Concetta · Married on 07/12/2014

My husband and I had a really unique wedding situation. I was living in upstate Pennsylvania, and he was living half of the year in upstate New York and half of the year in the Dominican Republic---while we were trying to plan our southern NJ wedding, over the course of 2 years. Dory was amazing. She figured out a plan for us so that we could make decisions (i.e. on the cake; flowers; linens) while we were both around, and she was always available via phone or email if we had any questions. And our maître d', Celeste, thought of everything. She had us pick a person to contact in case she needed to ask decisions the day of, so we wouldn't have to worry. The day of the wedding, we stocked the bar ourselves, and when we ran out of champagne, the staff and my maid of honor took care of it without my husband or I having to worry about a thing. Everything was taken care of, the entire experience was more than we could have asked for, and our guests had an incredible time. The food was outstanding (we even asked for arancini, a Sicilian street food that my family loves, and they found a recipe and made it for us). I could not recommend them more highly.

Sent on 09/14/2014

Ashley · Married on 06/21/2014

Dory and her staff are amazing! From the moment my husband and I first met with Dory, we knew we had to have Summit as our caterer. You get so much more than a caterer with Summit! Dory handles the food, cake, dj, and everything else you can imagine (including photo booth, flowers, lighting, etc). and everything that she does not handle, she provides recommendations for top notch vendors in the area. You truly get a wedding planner when booking with Dory. I did not need to worry at any point in this process and knew that everything would turn out perfect. The food is absolutely delicious, the staff is so professional, and they truly do a wonderful job setting everything up. At the end of the night, the staff packed everything up and loaded it into our cars without us even having to worry about a thing. I can't possibly say enough wonderful things about Summit Catering. Do yourself a favor and book with Dory- you will NOT regret it.

Sent on 08/06/2014

We started working with Dory well over a year before our wedding. She helped us through a few hickups of our own. I can't say enough wonderful things about Summit Catering, Dory and her staff. We met with Dory several times to go over all the details. When I say "All" the details I mean she was on top of everything. If Dory wasn't able to respond via email right away Mary emailed me back and told me she got the message and would forward it to Dory. That gave me the warm and fuzzys for sure. Celeste was our maitre d'. Celeste met with us the week before the wedding to go over all the last details. We gave her all the decorations etc for her and her staff to set up for us. They aren't just a caterer they do so much more. Celeste had a wonderful staff to help her that day set up everything. She had one young lady assigned to be by our side the whole time to get us anything we needed. I feel bad I forget her name, sorry! It was nice to have that type of personal assistance. Dory's husband is the Chef at Summit. He did a phenomenal job on the food. Everything was out of this world. It's been almost two months since our wedding day and our friends and family still talk about how wonderful the food was. We will definitely only ever use Summit Catering for any of our Catering needs. Thank you , Thank you, Thank you to all of Summit Catering Staff, Dory and Mr.Valeriano. You all truly made our wedding day beyond memorable. Matt and Dena
    Side Note: The Vendors that we worked with through them (i.e., Time productions (DJ) and Di Bartolo Bakery) Were wonderful!!!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Katie · Married on 06/13/2014

Summit catered our wedding, and it was an incredible experience. Dory was so friendly and made the entire planning process a breeze. Every question and concern during the planning was answered promptly. They were incredibly flexible with time and budget constraints. The food was absolutely delicious, the staff were professional and accommodating. Everyone from Summit went above and beyond to ensure that my husband, myself, and our guests had a great night. One of the staff even brought the extra decorations we couldn't get into our cars back to our house after the wedding!! We can't wait to use Summit again for another event!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Stephanie · Married on 05/31/2014

Summit catering is such a fantastic catering company! They truly made my day so magical. Dory and Celeste were on point with everything I could have dreamed of in my wedding. All of my guests were so happy with their food and the layout was perfect. Not only do they cater but they provide you with a coordinator who puts everything together for you! No detail was left out! Highly recommend if you want to make your wedding the best day of your life!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Danyele · Married on 05/31/2014

My husband and I could not have imagined planning our wedding without Dory and Summit Catering! From the very first email with Dory, we could tell right away this was a vendor we wanted to work with and we were definitely not disappointed. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and that is largely due to Dory and her team. You can tell they really care and want their couples to have a perfect day!

Dory was so incredibly kind and patient with us the whole time, answering any and all questions we had no matter how silly they seemed. She was always so quick to respond and very thorough. There was never a question about the cost or what services would be provided; she was very detailed and open about any and all expenses and expectations.

The DJ included with the package, Time Productions, was AMAZING! Our guests could not stop raving about how good the music was.

The food was incredible! My husband and I are foodies and this was a big deal to us. The selection was unreal; we expected maybe 4-5 options and were very surprised to find out there were over 3 pages of choices! The hardest part was narrowing the list down since everything we tasted was beyond amazing!

As for the big day, Erika was our maitre d and we were so lucky to have her! She really did an amazing job capturing every little detail we wanted and was so accommodating with our last minute requests! She was extremely tentative and sweet and the whole day went off without a hitch! If there were any issues at all, we didn't know about them which I think is a true testament to her organization and professionalism! We could not have had the amazing day we had without her!

Lastly, Theresa was our go-to person for the wedding. She was there to make sure we had everything we needed throughout the day and she was awesome! Very attentive and super nice! She did a great job!

If you are planning a wedding, we would absolutely recommend Summit!! We cannot wait to work with them again in the future!!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Shaun · Married on 05/24/2014

There isn't anyone better!!! These guys are amazing!! You get a professional company with caring individuals working there. Best food and service! They're so great!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Beth · Married on 05/17/2014

Summit Catering blew me away in the quality of the packages they offer & the people they employ. Dory runs an incredibly tight ship. Dory pays attention to detail & makes your wedding feel like it's the most important wedding on her plate. She guided us through every increment of planning our wedding, from navigating their vast menu options, to picking table linens, to figuring out other day of details. She replied to every email in a timely manner & responded to every question.

Summit when working with the Collingswood Grand Ballroom provided us with our cake through DiBartolo's bakery & our DJ through Time Productions. They recommended Freshest Flowers & Ryan Haswell Videography. If Summit Catering has recommended a vendor they are at the top of their game. Dory doesn't recommend vendors because she gets a kickback, she recommends them because they're the best, & they often pass back the savings onto the couple.

At the tasting we tried a number of entrees & they were all outstanding. Summit uses the best ingredients & makes outstanding food. At our finalization appointment we met with Betty, our Maitre D. She was on top of every detail for the day of our wedding. She met with us on an evening when Summit isn't normally open because it was convenient for us & walked through my vision of the day.

The food was AMAZING! I've had more compliments on their Mac & Cheese bar than anything else. The food during cocktail hour was plentiful, nothing ran out & they were outstanding. Summit added additional decorations to the food stations that not only matched my flowers but accented the evening. Our buffet dinner was superb (Their Mongolian Beef is highly recommended - although you really can't go wrong with any entree you choose). Dory offered Vegan and Gluten Free options to accommodate my guests without complaint. This is truly the best wedding fare I've ever had & if you choose them as your caterer, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Jamie · Married on 04/26/2014

So happy with the service I received from Dory, Mary and staff. Dory and Mary walked me through every decision and made wedding planning fun and easy. The serving staff was so upbeat and helpful! Mary helped during the whole wedding and made sure everything went smoothly. No need for a wedding planner when you have Summit on your team!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Kate · Married on 01/04/2014

Reading repeated 5 star reviews might make you skeptical, but don't be! Summit Catering is more than a caterer. They are a top notch, professional company that offers unbelievable service, fantastic food, honesty and piece of mind.
    We met with Dory in November to put together a small same-sex wedding in 8 weeks. Our tight window did not faze Dory. Based on the size of our group, Dory recommended a historical home in Medford. When we visited, we knew it was perfect and didn't need to see another location. While discussing music, Dory recommended a performer who could sing and DJ. Follow up meetings confirmed he was our wedding entertainer. Dory's input on invitations, decor, etiquette, cocktail hour, table set-up, etc., was spot on! We had butlered and stationary hors d'oeuvres followed by a sit down meal with filet, salmon, chicken marsala and penne. Each meal, (which we got to try because they made us extras for the next day!!!) was delicious! Every guest RAVED about the cocktail hour appetizers and their meals. The music that accompanied our wedding was absolutely perfect!!! Guests were amazed by the entertainer's voice.
    Onto the staff.....our maitre d for the evening was Betty and Jen was the lead server. Nothing got by Betty or Jen's eyes all night. There was never a 1/2 drunk glass of water or lingering empty plate. They were fantastic. Betty treated us like family. She was so caring, professional, focused and unbelievably funny! She made the room beautiful and warm, while we were relaxed, comfortable and very happy.
    Last but not least, our officiant. Yes Dory does that also!!! Her ceremony was warm, geniune and loving. We could not have asked for anything more...except that it lasted longer and we spent more time celebrating our stress free day surrounded by a team of professionals!! We are both exacting and particular individuals who know good food, entertainment and service. Summit Catering exceeded every expectation we had.

Sent on 01/08/2014

Trina · Married on 12/14/2013

Dory and her staff are absolutely amazing! We booked for our wedding at the Moorestown Community House on 12/14/13 back in October of 2011. From the start Dory was amazing and responsive to any and all questions that we had from the beginning. She never told me it was to early to think about any decision in the wedding planning process. She gave suggestions and insights about decor, invitations, wedding etiquette, etc. The food was absolutely amazing both at the tasting and at the wedding. Everything was as promised and our guest have done nothing but tell us how much they enjoyed it.

Mary, our Maitre'D for the night was PHENOMENAL!! She took my decor and suggestions for how everything needed to be laid out and ran with it and made our cocktail hour areas and ballroom homey and inviting-exactly what we wanted! We were so pleased and excited, and the caterers and staff are honestly and sincerely excited for you!

It's nice to have worked with a company that is so invested in making your wedding more perfect than you even imagined.Loved them!

Sent on 12/24/2013

Jessica · Married on 12/14/2013

Working with Summit Catering for our wedding was absolutely amazing! From day one of booking with Summit, Dory was on the ball. She really made the wedding planning fun instead of stressful! Every step of the way, Dory was my guiding light. Emails were responded to right away and she always made sure to remind me of the next decisions that needed to be made. Her professionalism was off the charts. From our first meeting, you could tell that she didn't allow anything less than perfect for the weddings that she catered. It was her passion. Our food tasting was impeccable and we knew, without a doubt, that we made the right choice to use Summit. I did a lot of DIY for my wedding and knew how I wanted things set up and the vision I had in my head all along. I drew diagrams, boxed and labeled every last thing, and typed up a detailed checklist to give to our maître d, Celeste. The day of our appointment to drop everything off, it snowed about 8", but that didn't stop Celeste from being there for us! The day of our wedding the weather didn't cooperate either. But when we walked into our reception, I was blown away. My vision in my head of my dream wedding that I had spent a year planning every last detail- was created by Summit. It was absolutely perfect. Dory and her team even added their own touches throughout that went along with our theme. Working with Dory also allowed us to include our DJ and our cake which helped because we didn't have to search for them separately. The night was perfect-except it went too fast! I was on cloud nine with my husband the entire evening. Our bridal assistant, Kortney, made sure our champagne glasses were never empty and that we never had to ask for anything. Our maître d, Celeste, was on top of everything. I was also impressed with how the Summit team re-packed EVERYTHING we brought and checked my list to make sure not even a votive holder was missing. Summit Catering helped to make our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 05/04/2014

Kate · Married on 11/29/2013

Nothing but wonderful things to say about Dory and her staff. They were incredible from start to finish making our wedding day absolutely perfect. The food and service was exceptional. They were easy to work with and helped make our wedding about us. They were above and beyond anything I expected.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Laura · Married on 11/15/2013

Summit Catering was the best catering company to work with! They made my wedding everything I ever dreamed of plus more! The staffs worked extremely hard to make sure everything was so special and they made sure my guest were having a great time. The food was out of this world and my family and friends are still bragging about how good everything was from cocktail hour to desserts at the end. Any time I was stressed throughout the planning part, I would call Dory and she did whatever she had to do to calm me down. I would never work with anyone else other than Summit Catering for any other events. The value you get from day one is worth more than you could ever pay for. I can honestly say that Summit Catering is the best out there!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Ryan · Married on 10/18/2013

Working with Summit Catering was an amazing experience. Right from the beginning, they made the process easy. They advised us what steps to take by when and assisted us with all of our needs. Dory was more like our wedding planner/organizer.

When wedding day arrived, the staff was exceptional making our day more than easy. The food was of the highest quality and our guests could not stop talking about how tasty and amazing it was.

Summit would be our first, second, and third option for any of our future catering needs as well as our first recommendation to anyone looking.

We can't explain how happy we were with everything.

Ryan and Amber P.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Donna · Married on 10/11/2013

I would use Summit Catering again. The service and staff made this day so special. I highly recommend Summit Catering.

Sent on 10/17/2013

Lindsey · Married on 09/20/2013

Dory and her team at Summit Catering made our day absolutely perfect! They were so wonderful to work with and Betty and Jenn were phenomenal at the rehearsal and the day of the wedding!!!! We could not have asked for a more perfect and seamless ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Our guests raved about the food and the presentation. It was out of this world!!! So elegant and so beautiful!!! We cannot say enough great things about everyone at Summit Catering!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Nicole · Married on 08/23/2013

Summit Catering provided quality, meticulous and intimate service for our wedding. Dory, the owner, was like having a wedding planner thrown in the mix. She helped with every step along the way. Included in their service was a cake, flower centerpieces, a DJ, a personal assistant the day of the wedding and a maitre d to make your day's vision come alive. My family and friends, as well as my new husband and I were beyond impressed with Summit. The food was amazing, staff on point and we felt very catered to.

Sent on 08/27/2013

Kelly · Married on 08/17/2013

Amazing! I just had my wedding and they exceeded my expectations!!! Dory helps with the planning and the food is just amazing!!! All my guest had a great time!!!

Sent on 08/21/2013

Linsie · Married on 08/16/2013

Simply amazing! Use Summit catering if you want to have the best service, food and staff!
    She made my husband and I big winners of a television competition for best wedding!! Couldn't have done it without Dory from Summit Catering!
    I pinky promise you will be above and beyond happy with Summit Catering!!

Sent on 12/05/2014