Summit Catering Reviews

157 | West Berlin, NJ

157 Reviews for Summit Catering

Jamie-Lynn · Married on 11/18/2017

My husband Zach and I had such a wonderful experience with everyone at Summit! I knew from the moment I spoke with Dory that this was the caterer we should go with. Dory is extremely professional, organized, helpful and above all she genuinely CARES! She took the time to get to know my husband and I and our families and what we wanted for our special day. Her and Eric were always accessible and available for the many questions we had throughout the process. Our day was absolute perfection because of Summit, our guests were raving about the food and presentation from start to finish!! We could not have been happier with the level of service and attention we received from the first time we spoke with Dory until the end of the reception. You all are the best!! <3 Jamie & Zach

Sent on 01/08/2018

Mike · Married on 11/04/2017

There is probably no one better than Eric Knowles and the folks at Summit Caterers. With very little clue about where to begin, Eric helped explain everything to us in a professional but honest manner that helped us make the best decisions. With both of us living and working in New York City, Eric made it easy for us to plan out our wedding reception despite the distance. Any time we had a question for Eric, large or small, he promptly got back to us with his friendly touch. Eric went above and beyond for us, backed by his incredible staff at Summit. The food was incredible. We got a ton of compliments about everyone's entrees, from the Prime Rib to the Shrimp with Crab, and with all the perfectly paired side dishes in between. The fact that we were able to select our own personal entrees (Steak with Lobster Tail!) was an awesome treat. There were so many appetizer options for cocktail hour and there was never a shortage of food. The cake was delicious but obviously the dessert parade was a huge hit, and was an extremely unique feature that our guests really enjoyed. Our Maitre D', Teresa Johnson, was an incredible host for our big day and made sure everything ran smoothly and efficiently. The staff for the entire event was amazing and took great care of us, our family and our friends. Look no further than Summit Caterers for your perfect wedding reception. The entire staff treated us so well and made the entire process easy and stress free for us and our families. Thanks Summit!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Alanna · Married on 08/13/2017

Eric, Dory, Teresa, and the rest of the summit catering team were amazing! They were so helpful with the planning process and made sure our day went by so smoothly. We even had Dory officiate our wedding and she did an INCREDIBLE job. The entire team is so sweet and works really well together. Not to mention that their options are affordable and the food was great. They also provided us with an amazing DJ over at Time Productions! My husband and I would totally love to Summit for another event in the future!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Charlene · Married on 07/29/2017

I can not express enough how pleased I am with our choice to use Summit Catering for our wedding. Not only were the food and desserts delicious, but their service and professionalism were impeccable. Right from the start, Eric was able to answer any and all questions I had about anything. He helped me with my wedding invitations and reception cards and much much more. Dory , the owner, and Tori, our maitre d, and the staff were there for us throughout the whole reception helping us with anything we needed and wanted. They were sociable and professional and heard all good things from our guests. Our glasses were never empty and the food just kept coming. I've heard from other married couples that they didn't have time to enjoy their reception, but my new hubby and I enjoyed every minute and we owe most of that to Summit! Thank you for making our special day everything we hoped it would be and more.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Katie · Married on 07/07/2017

Let me start off by saying, 10 years ago, I worked for Summit Catering. I knew then that when I got married, I wanted to use Summit Catering. Flash forward, I am SO GLAD I DID. Dory, Joe, Eric, Betty, and the Summit team made our day everything we wanted it to be and more. From the décor, to the lighting, to the food (TOP NOTCH), our guests were raving all night long how amazing everything was. I commonly heard how brides and grooms didn't even taste their own wedding food, and that was NOT the case with Summit. Betty and Nicole made sure my husband and I were taken care of all night long (we were actually full from all the food!). We can't thank Summit enough for making our dream wedding a reality. If you want top notch service and finger licking good food, Summit is the way to go.
    PS, get the mac and cheese bar, you'll thank me later :)

Sent on 07/18/2017

Tonai · Married on 07/03/2017

Summit Catering is Unbelievable! My family and I had the best experience with every single person that works for this amazing company. My husband and I renewed our vows at Trotta Trails in Chatsworth and combined it with a birthday party for my 4 year old son. Summit Catering went above and beyond for us from giving us an Americana style menu to go with our theme, table decorations (which I was not expecting) that just made everything look even better then I could of ever imagined, sending us the best staff for our big day, Betty our MD was so tentative and on top of everything, Tori was our personal server (she was just the cutest!) the owners 2 sons and daughter were there working so hard and they were so respectful and professional. Dory and her husband were so easy to work with my husband and I live in Texas and despite the distance, I felt confident and comfortable with what they had planned. The food was FANTASTIC the cocktail hour omg I dream about those hor'dorves, the mac and cheese bar was a HUGE hit!!!! Not only did they help with catering they connected us with a great dj, tent company, and got us the coolest port a potty that was probably one of the biggest hits of the party, we have never see anything like it. They are a full service company and you can not go wrong with using them! Thank you again Summit Catering you were fantastic, and can't wait to work with you again!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Nicole · Married on 06/30/2017

There are no words to describe how much of a wonderful job Summit Catering does for weddings. We could not be happier with everything the team did leading up to the wedding and during the wedding. We were married at the Valenzano Winery in June 2017. Eric & Dory worked with us throughout the planning process to make sure that everything was planned how we wanted it to be and executed it beautifully the day of the wedding. The food was absolutely incredible with a wide variety of choices for both the cocktail hour and main course meal. We even had a popcorn machine as guests were leaving to take as a favor home. Guests are still raving over all of the food options that we had, as well as, all the small details of the day. We also had our ceremony at Valenzano Winery, which ran smoothly thanks to the help of Eric and his wonderful staff at Summit. Not only is the service impeccable, but also the relationships that the staff at Summit form with the couple is not to go unnoticed. They are down to earth, friendly, and truly care about the couple. Summit Catering is hands down the best in the business and we would highly recommend them to any future couple.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Tiara · Married on 06/30/2017

They went above and beyond my expectations to make my wedding an absolute dream: Organized, professional, and driven to perfection. I would definitely recommend!!!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Jill · Married on 05/19/2017

I've always known I wanted to get married at Valenzano Winery. The next step was to decide on a caterer, as Valenzano has several caterers that operate out of their event space. We met with a few of the different caterers, and instantly fell in love with Summit. Eric was amazing, so responsive and accommodating and we could tell he genuinely wanted us to be happy. Eric and Dory answered every question we had, showed endless patience, and were so friendly and helpful. Every time we went to Valenzano for a meeting we we're so well taken care of - even when we're just there to relax and have a glass of wine Eric would always stop by and chat with us. Summit is a small, family owned company and it shows, they take amazing care of their couples and I can't say enough about how happy we were to work with them. The food was amazing, all my guests kept telling me how delicious everything was and how attentive and friendly the staff were. Betty and Eric took great care of my wedding party on the day of, and made everything smooth and easy! The only comment I have is that because they are a small company, it’s easy to feel nickeled-and-dimed. Larger companies can throw in lots of “bonuses” for free, but smaller companies have to be more cautious. There were several times working with Summit that they’d charge extra for things (i.e., if I wanted to use their card box, or needed additional large tables), which could be a little frustrating. Even knowing that though, I would still use them if I could do it over, and overall found working with Summit to be an amazing experience.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2017

Summit Catering was the perfect choice for our venue! When you choose Summit, you choose a wedding that is uniquely yours. The staff, specifically Eric and Dory, accommodate your every need and make sure your wedding is better than you could ever envision. With your package, you get an amazing staff, out of this world food, a DJ, and a baker! On your wedding day you will have a Maitre D, ours was Betty and she was outstanding! Whatever you need, Summit is there to help you every step of the way and with smiling faces no matter day or night, weekday or weekend! You will not be disappointed with Summit Catering as your choice! We only hope to be able to use them again for any catered event in the future!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Jesse · Married on 04/08/2017

Amazing catering company. Flexible with our budget by creating a custom package, kind, friendly. The staff at the wedding was professional and SINCERE!! We didn't have to worry about a thing, as Summit made sure everything ran so smoothly.

The food was MOST delicious and consistent with the tasting. The only regret you may have is NOT using Summit Catering!!!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/08/2017

We can't thank Summit Catering enough for making our wedding dreams become a reality. My husband and I had SO much fun, and I think that means a lot when the bride and groom can totally relax and enjoy their own wedding! Everything was perfect, and we got so many compliments from our family and friends!!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Kimberly · Married on 11/05/2016

I truly don't think there is anything that Summit could have done to make our wedding more perfect! We had our wedding at Valenzanos Winery and it was catering by Summit in November 2016. From the beginning when we first met with them until correspondence even after our wedding, all our interactions with them have been perfect. Every detail was covered by Summit and I felt completely at ease and confident in their professionalism and knowledge. From the get go, with all my inquiries and emails back and forth they were quick and detailed to respond. The day of, their staff was professional, attentive and the food was delicious! We had such variety from cocktail hour to dinner and the dessert parade was amazing. I work in the food industry and my coworkers are strong critics and everyone had nothing but compliments about the food.

There is doing your job and then there is going above and beyond. Dory and the Summit staff truly care and have a relationship with their couples. Every little detail even with them matching their flowers on the catering tables to my wedding flowers and color scheme they took care of. I would recommend Summit to anyone and if we had to do it all over again, they would be the first vendor we would pick time and time again!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Shannon · Married on 11/04/2016

Wish I could get married every year the experience was that amazing. Dory and Eric are amazing planners with lay everything out and give you every single detail you'll ever need. They answered all my millions of questions within the business day and the food TO DIE FOR!!!

Sent on 10/29/2017
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 08/27/2016

Depend on them to make your day special

I can't recommend Summit enough. Their food quality blew all other caterers out of the water for us to start. They handled my dietary restriction (dairy allergy) so well and went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time. They have plenty of staff available to you on your day and they are constantly checking in to make sure you have everything you need. Having both a maitre'd and assistant truly made it so much easier on us. You will not be disappointed in choosing Dory and her team.

Sent on 11/05/2020

Summit Catering's reply:

Alexa - thank you SO MUCH for the kind words! The wedding was a success because of you and Ryan and your amazing families, we were just blessed to be able to be a part of it! Absolutely LOVE you guys - and we hope to be a part of ALL of your future events!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! ❤️

Elly · Married on 08/19/2016

Dory, Joe, Betty,Eric,Betty's daughter (I'm her super fan she was awesome)and let's not forget super Tori and the rest or the staff from Summit catering they are the best.l I can't praise them enough for how they handled our wedding from start to finish. Dory is there to help you the whole way thru with all your needs from venue to colors when to send out the invitation to when to pick up your marriage license if that's not start to finish I don't know what is. Dory and her staff made it so easy for us on our wedding day that every one of my guests praised them not one complaint and that doesn't happen in my family if you know what I mean. They took just as much pride and care as I would have setting up the venue for our wedding which they did an amazing job as If I did it myself. They made our wedding so very special and the best it could ever be . I can't praise them enough for what they did for us on our wedding day . Food was fantastic from appetizers to the main course and the dessert parade was amazing not to mention all the food and drinks were plentiful. The staff were super polite and super helpful.Our guest were treated as if they were the couple which I appreciated.The DJ , photo booth attendants and bar tenders were also super. Summit catering is top notch. I'm sure if you pick them you won't and cant go wrong and you won't be sorry . I've never seen anyone care as much as they do to make your special day even more special if that could even happen they will try. They put their heart and soul into their business which is rare these days .I just would like to say to Dory and the staff at Summit catering. Thank you from the bottom of my Heart you made my wedding day so so very special as if we were the riches people in the world that day. I'll never forget it or you. Wishing all of you the best. Sincerely the Levine's .

Sent on 11/17/2016

Kate · Married on 06/10/2016

My Husband and I had an amazing experience with Summit Catering for our June wedding. I could not imagine the service could get better than Summit. Their team is professional, organized, fun, helpful.. I could go on and on. I wish we could "re-do" our wedding because it was so perfect I want to re-live it again! Summit helped keep me on track during my planning process, but was also so flexible and helpful in helping me execute my creative ideas.

Summit is the BEST!!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Debbie · Married on 05/28/2016

i must say that our daughter's wedding was indeed the PERFECT wedding and it really all came together because of Summit Catering! By the time I contacted them we had the venue, florist and DJ. We needed a caterer that could make our vision of a Downton Abbey themed wedding come true.

The first phone call was with Eric. I explained to him that we barely had three months to put together a wedding for around 300 guests. Within a few days we were sitting down at a table at Summits office that had been set in the wedding colors (there were other linen samples too). Then the food tasting began. We knew right away that their chef was extremely talented. It was hard to choose the menu - so many great selections.

Dory listened to our vision for the wedding day - she made great recommendations and the caterering plan evolved. Attention to detail is VERY important to us and to Summit. Dory is so organized - nothing was left to chance.

Our guests loved cocktail hour. We added the Mac and cheese bar and the slider bar. Presentation of the food was amazing! The food stations were decorated by Summit to coordinate with our other floral decorations. We even added tablecloths, bows and candles to the high top tables for cocktail hour. We upgraded the chairs to chiavari - when Eric found out chiavari chairs were available for the high top tables he called me right away. He knew we would want everything to match! THEY LISTEN!

Betty and Teresa were our maitre d's. They kept everything on track. The wait staff were very courteous and very attentive. Our guests are still raving about how delicious the food was, the amount and variety. Everyone loved the dessert parade and loved the tasty kakes and Philly pretzels to take home.

The wedding was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Did I mention the 40+ Woodland String Band members that played were amazing too!

We will HIGHLY recommend Summit Catering!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Joan · Married on 05/21/2016

I am writing this review again as I am not sure it came through. We were so very pleased with Dory and her staff's attention to every detail for my daughter's wedding in May. The food, the service, and the professional and caring attention went above and beyond. They thought of every possible scenario and had all plans in place in the event of any change. It was a perfect wedding and we will always remember this day. Thank you to Dory and her staff!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Hands down the best! I kid you not they saved my from catering hell! I am not the kind of person to sugar coat anything.. dory was amazing. She even helps you with your invitations! Everyone at my wedding was raving about how delicious the food was and I come from a large itialian family! The thing everyone always talks about is the food and if you want your guest to leave and say it was amazing and the best wedding food they have ever had pick summit. Dory is professional and so is her staff! Betty was awesome too! She made sure I was happy and had everything I needed! If I had to do it again I would always pick summit!

Sent on 04/04/2016

Autumn · Married on 11/06/2015

We made an excellent choice by going with Summit Catering. Our wedding at Valenzano Winery last Friday was amazing! Our guests were blown away by the cocktail hour and the the number of delicious appetizers we had. The grilled cheese and tomato soup and bacon wrapped scallops were a hit- as were the other tasty apps we had. Guests also asked about our catering because they were so impressed by dinner. Many members had never had steak at a wedding that was cooked to perfection! The desert entertainment was also a huge success and blew everyone away. My sister was excited to have warm cookies and my grandmother talked about her hot fudge sundae.I know that Summit made out reception the success that it was. The whole night was perfect- we could not have had a more memorable and magical wedding. Justin and I are so happy that our wedding turned out beyond our expectations. Thank you so much Dory and Katie for making our night go smoothly! Katie did an excellent job keeping everything running smoothly the day of and taking care of us. Thank you all again for making our wedding unforgettable! Beautiful venue and outstanding food. We would highly recommend Summit Catering to anyone that wants extraordinary food, an unforgettable reception, and a smooth process. Summit is the only caterer I will recommend. Thank you all so much!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Dory was amazing - I'm sure I was a pain but she helped with every aspect of our wedding - from our venue issues to our bakery issues - she handled all of it! The food was superb, the service was lovely - and Betty, our maitre d, was a life saver! I wouldn't have chosen anyone else. This was the priciest part of our wedding, but well worth it, because they took care of everything, from decor, to full serviced bar, candy bar, and we even had our own personal attendant the day of.

Sent on 01/04/2016

We used Summit Catering for my daughter's wedding reception. From the moment we met with Dory for our initial consultation, we KNEW Summit Catering was the one for us! Dory is incredible and we were completely sold on Dory as the person who would be able to bring all of Stephanie & Tom's wedding reception visions to life. It was great working with Dory, planning all the details for the cocktail hour and reception, we had no doubt that this reception would be wonderful. The only thing is, we didn't realize exactly just how wonderful it would actually be. Everything was amazing! The way the tables were fixed and arranged, the way the room(s) were set up and decorated, the way the cake was presented... all were so much more beautiful than we had ever imagined. And the food!!!! Everyone was talking about how exceptional the food was! From the endless array of appetizers to the incredible dinner entree's to that fabulous dessert parade (our guests all raved over the dessert parade) -- it was all so spectacular. Even though all the items on our wish list were exceeded, and everything was awesome, the staff is what truly brought this experience to an even higher level. The service was A M A Z I N G!!! The staff made it clear that they were there to provide us and our guests with the absolute best experience possible. Above and beyond - or should I say ABOVE above and beyond! And we can't forget to mention the DJ... Tom was fantastic! Our guests partied on the dance floor the entire evening!! He was truly the life of the party! What more can I say, we were THRILLED with everything! And so thankful to Dory and the Summit Catering staff!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Christina · Married on 10/10/2015

Dory and her team at Summit Catering (Betty and the rest of her fantastic crew!) by far exceeded our expectations on our wedding day, which was Saturday October 10th, 2015. Dory from the very start was not only encouraging but, made the process so much simpler than I could ever imagine! Dory's staff at Summit Catering went above and beyond for us on our special day...from having a personal assistant to ensure we both ate, to ensuring all our guests had everything they could possibly need to enjoy themselves (including getting my Dad extra desserts!!). I would highly encourage anyone looking for a caterer who goes above and beyond to book with Summit Catering!!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Deborah · Married on 10/02/2015

Summit provided the catering for my daughter's bridal shower at the Valenzano Wine House on June 14, 2015. WOW!!!!! It was absolutely spectacular!!! I wanted an elegant affair and Dory sure did deliver. Everything, and I mean everything, exceeded my expectations. Both the guests and I marveled at every detail -- from the decor to the the amazing food to the spectacular help. I wanted my daughter's shower to be an elegant affair and it was by far the most elegant shower that I ever attended. My daughter felt the same way. The attention to detail that Dory has mastered is absolutely amazing. I will never forget and will always be grateful for how she made this day so special for me and my daughter. She is the absolute best.

Sent on 06/19/2015