Summit Catering Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Summit Catering 1
Summit Catering 2

Debbie · Married on 05/28/2016

i must say that our daughter's wedding was indeed the PERFECT wedding and it really all came together because of Summit Catering! By the time I contacted them we had the venue, florist and DJ. We needed a caterer that could make our vision of a Downton Abbey themed wedding come true.

The first phone call was with Eric. I explained to him that we barely had three months to put together a wedding for around 300 guests. Within a few days we were sitting down at a table at Summits office that had been set in the wedding colors (there were other linen samples too). Then the food tasting began. We knew right away that their chef was extremely talented. It was hard to choose the menu - so many great selections.

Dory listened to our vision for the wedding day - she made great recommendations and the caterering plan evolved. Attention to detail is VERY important to us and to Summit. Dory is so organized - nothing was left to chance.

Our guests loved cocktail hour. We added the Mac and cheese bar and the slider bar. Presentation of the food was amazing! The food stations were decorated by Summit to coordinate with our other floral decorations. We even added tablecloths, bows and candles to the high top tables for cocktail hour. We upgraded the chairs to chiavari - when Eric found out chiavari chairs were available for the high top tables he called me right away. He knew we would want everything to match! THEY LISTEN!

Betty and Teresa were our maitre d's. They kept everything on track. The wait staff were very courteous and very attentive. Our guests are still raving about how delicious the food was, the amount and variety. Everyone loved the dessert parade and loved the tasty kakes and Philly pretzels to take home.

The wedding was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Did I mention the 40+ Woodland String Band members that played were amazing too!

We will HIGHLY recommend Summit Catering!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Joan · Married on 05/21/2016

I am writing this review again as I am not sure it came through. We were so very pleased with Dory and her staff's attention to every detail for my daughter's wedding in May. The food, the service, and the professional and caring attention went above and beyond. They thought of every possible scenario and had all plans in place in the event of any change. It was a perfect wedding and we will always remember this day. Thank you to Dory and her staff!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Hands down the best! I kid you not they saved my from catering hell! I am not the kind of person to sugar coat anything.. dory was amazing. She even helps you with your invitations! Everyone at my wedding was raving about how delicious the food was and I come from a large itialian family! The thing everyone always talks about is the food and if you want your guest to leave and say it was amazing and the best wedding food they have ever had pick summit. Dory is professional and so is her staff! Betty was awesome too! She made sure I was happy and had everything I needed! If I had to do it again I would always pick summit!

Sent on 04/04/2016

Autumn · Married on 11/06/2015

We made an excellent choice by going with Summit Catering. Our wedding at Valenzano Winery last Friday was amazing! Our guests were blown away by the cocktail hour and the the number of delicious appetizers we had. The grilled cheese and tomato soup and bacon wrapped scallops were a hit- as were the other tasty apps we had. Guests also asked about our catering because they were so impressed by dinner. Many members had never had steak at a wedding that was cooked to perfection! The desert entertainment was also a huge success and blew everyone away. My sister was excited to have warm cookies and my grandmother talked about her hot fudge sundae.I know that Summit made out reception the success that it was. The whole night was perfect- we could not have had a more memorable and magical wedding. Justin and I are so happy that our wedding turned out beyond our expectations. Thank you so much Dory and Katie for making our night go smoothly! Katie did an excellent job keeping everything running smoothly the day of and taking care of us. Thank you all again for making our wedding unforgettable! Beautiful venue and outstanding food. We would highly recommend Summit Catering to anyone that wants extraordinary food, an unforgettable reception, and a smooth process. Summit is the only caterer I will recommend. Thank you all so much!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Dory was amazing - I'm sure I was a pain but she helped with every aspect of our wedding - from our venue issues to our bakery issues - she handled all of it! The food was superb, the service was lovely - and Betty, our maitre d, was a life saver! I wouldn't have chosen anyone else. This was the priciest part of our wedding, but well worth it, because they took care of everything, from decor, to full serviced bar, candy bar, and we even had our own personal attendant the day of.

Sent on 01/04/2016

We used Summit Catering for my daughter's wedding reception. From the moment we met with Dory for our initial consultation, we KNEW Summit Catering was the one for us! Dory is incredible and we were completely sold on Dory as the person who would be able to bring all of Stephanie & Tom's wedding reception visions to life. It was great working with Dory, planning all the details for the cocktail hour and reception, we had no doubt that this reception would be wonderful. The only thing is, we didn't realize exactly just how wonderful it would actually be. Everything was amazing! The way the tables were fixed and arranged, the way the room(s) were set up and decorated, the way the cake was presented... all were so much more beautiful than we had ever imagined. And the food!!!! Everyone was talking about how exceptional the food was! From the endless array of appetizers to the incredible dinner entree's to that fabulous dessert parade (our guests all raved over the dessert parade) -- it was all so spectacular. Even though all the items on our wish list were exceeded, and everything was awesome, the staff is what truly brought this experience to an even higher level. The service was A M A Z I N G!!! The staff made it clear that they were there to provide us and our guests with the absolute best experience possible. Above and beyond - or should I say ABOVE above and beyond! And we can't forget to mention the DJ... Tom was fantastic! Our guests partied on the dance floor the entire evening!! He was truly the life of the party! What more can I say, we were THRILLED with everything! And so thankful to Dory and the Summit Catering staff!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Christina · Married on 10/10/2015

Dory and her team at Summit Catering (Betty and the rest of her fantastic crew!) by far exceeded our expectations on our wedding day, which was Saturday October 10th, 2015. Dory from the very start was not only encouraging but, made the process so much simpler than I could ever imagine! Dory's staff at Summit Catering went above and beyond for us on our special day...from having a personal assistant to ensure we both ate, to ensuring all our guests had everything they could possibly need to enjoy themselves (including getting my Dad extra desserts!!). I would highly encourage anyone looking for a caterer who goes above and beyond to book with Summit Catering!!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Deborah · Married on 10/02/2015

Summit provided the catering for my daughter's bridal shower at the Valenzano Wine House on June 14, 2015. WOW!!!!! It was absolutely spectacular!!! I wanted an elegant affair and Dory sure did deliver. Everything, and I mean everything, exceeded my expectations. Both the guests and I marveled at every detail -- from the decor to the the amazing food to the spectacular help. I wanted my daughter's shower to be an elegant affair and it was by far the most elegant shower that I ever attended. My daughter felt the same way. The attention to detail that Dory has mastered is absolutely amazing. I will never forget and will always be grateful for how she made this day so special for me and my daughter. She is the absolute best.

Sent on 06/19/2015

Working with Summit Catering has been like getting support from another family. Everyone we've worked with has been extremely gracious and patient with us, especially since my husband and I were not experienced party planners. From the first meeting, Dory and her staff made us feel welcomed.The entire wedding planning process was organized and seemless thanks to Dory's guidance.

Even despite the threat of a hurricane, the entire staff (EVERYONE. Seriously, from bartender to waitstaff) was in good humors and worked like a well-oiled team. The food was highly praised, and for couples who are looking around, expect to have a few cars to help you out at the end of the night, because you get all the delicious leftovers.

Summit Catering, you are in the business of making wedding dreams come true, and I cannot thank you enough how your help and work ethics had made our day very special. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!

Sent on 10/31/2015

Martha · Married on 09/18/2015

I have to be honest with you, when it comes to Summit Catering and Dory, I am left speechless... I first contacted Dory in the early part of spring. I was looking for catering for a small wedding at our church in September. I just needed hot and cold appetizers since my girlfriend was making my cake and some sweets for a desert table. Well in between the time of our first meeting and getting together to put all arrangements together, my future husband was diagnosed with a rare and progressive cancer. Needless to say, I was a mess. I could hardly think of putting together a wedding and that's when Dory stepped in. She is A M A Z I N G! She took care of EVERYTHING. She told me to just concentrate on getting my fiancee well and she would do the rest. It still blows my mind how wonderful everything turned out that day. Every detail was taken care of, they even set up and decorated my desert table. The servers, Kirsten and Michael could not do enough for me, they were wonderful! All I had to do that day was show up and enjoy the most important day of my life. My guests were astonished at the spread and how delicious everything tasted, and I have to admit, I was even a little skeptical that my guests would have enough to eat, since it was at 5 O'clock, but they had more than their fill!
    There are no words that can express my gratitude to Dory and the Summit crew.
    And on an even happier note, my husband is now cancer free! Praise the Lord!
    Thank you Dory, and God bless all of you!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Wow, where do I begin? Dory is AWESOME. She is on top of every little detail and was so helpful throughout the process (we had no clue what we were doing!) Little things like getting our marriage license, when to send out invitations... we could rely on Dory to guide us. Our wedding was held at Moorestown Community House and both our families and guests were just floored by Summit's services. Erika, our Maitre'd was fabulous, as was Rose who make sure my husband and I were always well-taken care of during the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Bartenders and servers were all so pleasant and amazing.

Our guests are still raving about how much FUN they had at our wedding and we can absolutely say it was the best day EVER! From the cake (provided by DiBartolo's Bakery who is paired with Summit) to the decor that Summit helps provide and set up - it was all just amazing. The day absolutely exceeded any expectations we had about our big day. Thank you SO much Dory and Summit Catering for making everything so perfect.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Chuck & Brenda · Married on 09/04/2015

What can we say about Dory and Summit Catering…When we first met Dory in June 2014, there was an instant connection. She genuinely cares about her couples and takes tremendous pride in her services. She just seemed to get our style and knew exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Needless to say, the wedding reception she gave us, at Valenzano Winery far exceeded our expectations. Everything from the rustic decor to the food was a big hit with our guests. The staff was incredible! Betty was our maitre d', and she did an incredible job. Like Dory, she was extremely likable and treated us like family.

Summit offers a "full service" wedding reception and Dory will provide you with a great list of vendors to help fulfill your needs for the perfect reception. Dory was with us in every part of planning our reception. Her creativity along with her open-minded attitude towards our style made planning and preparing for our wedding much easier than we expected, and it never seemed to burden us.

I can't say enough about Summit Catering! I can't imagine another catering service who can compare to them…if you're planning a wedding, do yourself the favor and consider Summit. We can't wait to hire them in the future!

Sent on 09/15/2015
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 08/21/2015

The best in the business! Summit Catering gets every ounce of credit for making our wedding reception PERFECT. After our first meeting with Dory, we could tell that this family owned and operated business was who we wanted to work with. Dory and the staff have an amazing attention to detail - to the point that my now husband commented to me "I think they are even more on-the-ball than even you are!" - which says a lot about this Type A Jersey girl. Dory's experience and expertise helped to make planning a wedding from afar as easy as it can be.

Betty (maitre'd), Dani (our designated staff), and Kathy (my parent's designated staff) were the key people we interacted with on the day of the wedding. They felt like family and made sure to keep the food and drinks flowing, the party going, and everyone having a great time. Any issue that could have arisen was promptly handled and they did a great job of keeping those off my radar - much appreciated so I could enjoy the evening!

We are getting so many compliments from the guests on the food, venue, and service. I HIGHLY recommend Summit Catering to any bride looking to get married in the South Jersey area, especially at Valenzano.

Sent on 08/28/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/03/2015

We could not have planned a wedding without the help of Dory at Summit Catering. From start to finish, we were wow by their professionalism, organization, responsiveness, and willingness to help with ANYTHING we needed. We truly enjoyed every bit of our wedding and owe it to Dory and her team. We have nothing but amazing things to remember from our day, and nothing but great feedback from our guests as well. Dory and her team, including Betty (our Maitre 'd) made the planning process and the actual day of our wedding so much easier for us! We wish we could have our reception every weekend! I would recommend Summit Catering to anyone and cannot wait to have another big event.

Sent on 07/15/2015

M · Married on 06/27/2015

Twelve years ago Summit Catering catered our wedding, to which the professionalism, set up, food, and all around service was out of this world. Summit Catering made that day BEAUTIFUL! So I called on Summit Catering again to help aide me in giving my wife a surprise party. Again Summit Catering separated themselves from everyone else. I would like to THANK Summit Catering for making my Wife's surprise birthday party an event we will never forget. If you are looking for a catering service who treats everyone like family with great pricing, food, and all around humbleness Summit Catering is your place!!!! I can't say enough about Summit Catering and their staff!!!!

Sent on 07/03/2015

Kristin · Married on 05/16/2015

Summit Catering played a HUGE part in making our wedding the best night of our lives!

Getting married in New Jersey while planning the wedding from Dubai was no easy task. I had very limited time in New Jersey before our big day and Dory & her team at Summit always made everything simple, streamlined, easy, and flexible for me! Dory was able to consolidate meetings, tastings, run throughs, and anything else you can name into such a short window of time. She is so easy to work with and super responsive... its almost like she knows what you are going to ask before you ask it! I am a self-proclaimed control freak living half a world away and she couldn't have made this entire experiance any easier for me! Thanks Dory for saving my sanity and putting me at ease :)

Summit was my one stop shop for not only catering but flawless wedding coordination. The whole team (big shout out to Teresa & Danielle - ANGELS on earth!) far surpassed my expectations (and all other amazing reviews) on the day of. Teresa - our maitre’d who ran our wedding day did a flawless job in helping us execute the ceremony, set up of the room, and oversaw the entire night went above and beyond for us and our guests. Not to mention she is SO patient! We also had Danielle as our designated server who made sure we had plenty of food & drinks throughout the night. My Dad is still raving about how every time he turned around there she was with another beer for him haha! Honestly, my whole family and my maid of honor raved about Teresa and Danielle the entire night. They were there for us in countless ways and really helped the night go off without a hitch... and if there was a hitch I didn't know about it because of them :)

Family and guests are STILL raving about the food and service over a week later. Everyone is especially caught up on cocktail hour, the flatiron steak, and the entire dessert room... What more could I ask for?! Thank you Summit for everything!

Sent on 05/26/2015

RENEE · Married on 05/16/2015

Working with Summit Catering was an amazing experience. They catered my sister's wedding at the Collingswood Grand Ballroom in 2007, so I knew I wanted to choose them as soon as I got engaged. We booked the Moorestown Community House and the entire wedding planning process was wonderful - from taste testing to the final meeting! They gave us real and honest advice when we asked for it, and made sure everything was perfect.

Our wedding day was surreal and awesome, and a lot of that is because we knew every last detail was taken care of by Dory and her staff. The venue looked amazing, the guests were happy the whole night, the timeline of the night was seamless, and we wouldn't change a thing. The FOOD was out of this world! I wish I had a dollar for every time someone told me how much they loved the food! People are still talking about it 3 weeks later.

We loved how our maître d' Celeste took charge when needed - she had to get the rowdy wedding party lined up for introductions, and came to us with any questions - like deciding not to throw the bouquet because we were having too much fun on the dance floor to stop the party!

Also, Courtney was sweet and brought us water and hors d'oeuvres in the bridal suite, and the other servers were wonderful with the guests. Everyone was impressed!

I was so happy with Summit Catering, and look forward to using them for events in the future!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Rob · Married on 05/15/2015

Extremely helpful in all aspects of planning the wedding, even in areas they were not responsible for. Found solutions to all issues in great time and in great detail, which there were only 2 minor hiccups during the whole event. They took great care of us and our guests and made sure everything was on schedule and done correctly. They are serious professionals in the business. We threw some new ideas that they haven't done before that we wanted for our wedding and they executed them perfectly and without fuss, even taking our ideas further to make them better, and they were excited to try our out-of-the-box ideas. The event planning was AMAZING(!!), not just for a "catering" company, their planning and attention to detail was seriously top-notch!! Not to even mention their food.. their food was AWESOME! There was sooo much food of all different types. Everyone at our wedding kept coming up to us throughout the night telling us this was the best wedding they have ever been to and that the food was delicious!
    We can't thank everyone at Summit Catering enough, all of the staff was fantastic and on-point! You will not be disappointed! They were AMAZING!!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Ashley · Married on 05/02/2015

Summit Catering made all our dreams come true. We couldn't have been happier with the choice of Summit Catering- everything was WONDERFUL- they literally took my breath away with the set up of the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Everyone RAVED about the venue (Valenzano Winery) and the food.

Dory is an AMAZING WOMAN who truly cares about her clients. She is very KNOWLEDGEABLE and pays attention to every last detail.

Dory was the officiant of our Ceremony and she did an phenomenal job- she made the ceremony personal and spoke from the heart.

Dory and her husband Joe are very lucky to have such great staff.

Betty was our Maitre'd who we fell in love with the day we met her to look at Valenzano Winery- our Wedding Day was PERFECT because of her.

This day will be marked as the best day of our lives.

Thank you to the ENTIRE Summit Catering Staff!!!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Summit made my day absolutely perfect! I got nothing but outstanding reviews from my guests about the food, and professionalism of the staff. They were always one step ahead of me on my wedding day, taking care of things, running the show, and providing outstanding service. I am so glad we chose them to cater our big day!

Sent on 04/03/2015

Susan · Married on 03/21/2015

My son and daughter in law just had their reception at valenzano winery using summit catering...everything was amazing from the venue to the food and the service...I cant say enough about how perfect their day was!!

Sent on 03/26/2015

Stacey · Married on 11/08/2014

There are no words to describe how wonderful Summit is. From the food, to the wedding prep, to the decor of the ceremony and reception space - it was just perfect.

Thank you to Dory and her staff for helping make our day amazing!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Melana · Married on 11/01/2014

Dory, her family, Teresa (maitre'd) and Erica were FANTASTIC! paid great attention to detail and made sure everything was perfect for our wedding day. the food was delicious and service very professional. If I could do my wedding all over again I would chose Summit in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Brittany · Married on 10/10/2014

Words can't describe how wonderful this company is! From the service to the food to the timely responses when we needed them throughout the planning process, Dory and her team are untouchable! The food is absolutely outstanding! Our guests continue to rave about it! We had a specific vision for our wedding and when we entered the venue our vision was brought to life and then some! Their positive attitudes truly shine through since wedding planning isn't always the easiest. But Dory eased any stresses we had the entire length of the journey! I would like to thank Summit catering for making our dream wedding better than we ever thought would be possible!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Stefanie · Married on 10/03/2014

My husband and I would recommend Summit Catering and their staff to anyone. We feel so lucky we came across this company and they handled everything for our wedding. It was a perfect experience. They made everything easy for us and we had no stress while planning our wedding. This was exactly what we were looking for. We love working with Summit Catering!

Sent on 11/04/2014