Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

17 Reviews for Sullivan Street Caterers

Organic (1)
Vegan (1)
Bartender(s) (1)
17 Sullivan Street Caterers Reviews

Food and service were great. Bride and groom very pleased with the dinner provided. Very reasonable.

Profile Picture Thomas, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Briana and her staff did a phenomenal job with our wedding food and dessert bar!!!! My husband and I love good, local, homemade food. They did not disappoint. We continue to receive compliments on food post wedding. Some said it's the best food they've had at a wedding. I know of at least one guest that got the twice baked potato casserole recipe. It was a joy to have them as our caterer from start to finish. They truly wanted to make our wedding food dreams happen. I am so grateful they took the time and detail to help compile our menu. We loved the tasty and being able to meet them in person. Thank you for making our wedding food unforgettable!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We absolutely loved Sullivan Street Caterers! Briana is so talented and really knows how to blend her foods. She does her best to buy local and only serves fresh food. Briana was so easy to work with. Our guests raved about the dishes served- from the apricots and quail legs during the cocktail hour, to the dinner options. We are still getting compliments on her food! Only thing is to be patient with communication- I live in a fast paced world and needed to slow it down a bit. They know what they are doing and you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Sylvan, 9/4/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres

Brianna and her team provided us with incredibly tasty food and made sure that my wife and I were provided enough time to eat and with enough food to be satisfied. We went to a tasting before our wedding and were blown away by the options. We had already asked to try specific hors d'oeuvres and entrees, but the challenge was whittling down the list because it all tasted so good! However, we walked away knowing the food was going to make our guests happy. When the ceremony and cocktail hour were over and my wife and I were about to get in line, Brianna politely told us that we should go sit down because they already had plates ready to go for us. They even saved us enough of each hors d'oeuvre because they knew we were busy shooting photos during the cocktail hour. The food was delicious. My best man even made eye contact with me across the room and mouthed "This food is amazing!" Brianna and her team work diligently with you and provide plenty of options for guests with food preferences and allergies of all types. We had several guests with celiac disease and they made a menu that was almost entirely gluten free and labeled all of the dishes that were not. They also prepared all gluten dishes separately and take great lengths to ensure no cross contamination. Some of our favorite dishes included goat cheese bacon and pecan pops, butternut squash risotto, Parmesan pigs-in-blankets, airline chicken, pork tenderloin, and pear slices with blue cheese and truffled honey. They also packed up extra dinner for us to go in case we didn't get enough to eat at the wedding- they made sure we were fed and happy no matter what. The catering staff is friendly, helpful, and very attentive to guest's needs. I highly recommend Sullivan Street Caterers.

Profile Picture Trey, 10/24/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Gluten Free, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, American, Southern

We just used Sullivan Street for our wedding reception at Lighthouse Hill Ranch in Johnson City, Texas and were extremely pleased. Briana was always incredibly professional but also friendly and a great font of advice for all the little details that go into making a wedding special. The food was fantastic, and my mother was incredibly impressed by the service we received. Apparently there was a crack in the wedding cake (that was from a different vendor), and when the catering manager arrived and saw it she fixed it. My only complaint, and it's a small one is how long it took to get a response during the planning stages. The week of the wedding and the wedding weekend, we had no problem getting an immediate response though, so again it's a very minor complaint.

Profile Picture Shannon, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Vegetarian, Chairs, Tables

If there was an option to give 10 stars, I would!!! I cannot say enough good things about Brianna and her team. From the moment we were in contact, I knew we were going to select her for our caterer for our wedding. She met us at our venue to give us a tasting including my parents. We did a custom menu for different stations - she made all of my ideas for a informal, unique dinner come to life! I didn't want anything formal but still wanted a very wedding feel. We did a Shrimp & Cheddar Grits flambé station that was a HUGE hit - seriously, we have been married almost 3 months, and ppl are STILL talking about how amazing that was. Then we did little pizza bites stations that I was afraid of being too casual - but it was so chic and elegant with crawfish and red remoulade, pepperoni and three cheese with smoked tomato sauce, and wild mushroom and gruyere. Then we have heavy hors d'oeuvres with butternut squash and white bean tarts with parmesan and fried sage and venison meatball sliders with serrano tomato sauce and pepper jack. And there was still MORE food I could list off! I did so much research to find something that was a good price but still did not skimp on taste and presentation. And I am BEYOND thrilled with everything she did. Excellent communication, professionalism, and just overall great and warm person. You cannot go wrong with picking her! I wish I could relive that menu every day! Not only is the food just excellent, but she and her team make you feel like the most important client she has at every point they can. Sullivan St Catering is by far, the best caterer for your event. Have fun and enjoy all the great food!

Profile Picture User4315670, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Southern, Southwestern, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations

When Briana came to our venue to do a tasting for us, we instantly knew she was going to be our caterer. The food at our wedding was really important to us and boy is hers delicious!!! You can tell her heart goes into her work. People were raving about it and how wedding food is usually nothing to write home about but they were so impressed. We hired her for both our rehearsal and wedding dinners. She was awesome at helping us come up with 2 perfect and very different menus (Southern and Tex-Mex) in our price range and was totally flexible anytime we wanted to change things. We also had several vegetarians and there was plenty of delicious choices for everyone. She always had fantastic ideas and worked really well with our wedding planner and other vendors, although she was sometimes hard to get in touch with. Her staff were really friendly, everything looked nice and clean and meals were right on time. Our vintage plates provider was also very pleased to find that they had rinsed off every plate, which apparently most caterers don't bother to do. There were only a couple of minor hickups during our events, but we barely noticed them and she was quick to come up with a solution. If you're doubting, don't! Her food is just mouth watering and she is very professional and friendly!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/14/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

Briana catered both the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception at my daughter's wedding. The food was fabulous both evenings. The rehearsal dinner was an outdoor seated family style dinner - "black tie barbecue" with tamales, macaroni and cheese, and lots more. The wedding reception was a seated plated dinner, more formal. Guests raved about the pecan crusted snapper and the beef tenderloin was perfectly cooked. The service was excellent. I recommend Sullivan Street Caterers without reservation.

Profile Picture User4154436, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Simply delicious!!! Briana and her team provided food for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding day. Briana was so easy to work with and so helpful--especially in coordinating rentals. Everyone raved about the food all weekend!! The staff was also always so happy and helpful. We couldn't of pulled off our wedding day without them!!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 4/26/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering

Briana and Kim at Sullivan Street Caterers made our wedding everything it could be! We did not want to get stuck with the same old chicken and rice. We were so happy when Sullivan Street Caterers came up with our "Black Tie BBQ" theme! The way the girls blended traditional bbq with upscale and unique flavors impressed ALL of our guests! Sullivan Street even incorporated our wants of a smores and popcorn bar and ran with it without hesitation. Their attention to detail at the actual ceremony was flawless. My honey and I felt spoiled by the attention, we didn't have to lift a finger for anything which gave us more time to mingle. The whole staff was incredibly professional and very kind to us and our guests, everyone was smiling all night! Briana even stayed to the very end to help tidy up and make us leftover boxes for the next day. I was very impressed! I found Sullivan street through a personal recommendation and so, I too, personally recommend that you use Sullivan Street Caterers for your next event, wedding or otherwise! We couldn't have been happier with the whole process!

Profile Picture adrian , 10/3/12, 9 Reviews
3.8

When I met Briana, I felt confident that our wedding would be successful. She assured me that it would be unnecessary to hire a day-of coordinator, since she and her team would take care of all the details. The tasting at her office, though only of one dish, was fantastic. She was great at responding to emails and answered all my questions in a timely manner. We booked her 1.5 yrs prior to the wedding and sorted out most of the details at that time, including the menu and rental agreement (she took care of ordering, set-up, and clean-up of all the rentals, which was a huge help!).

Closer to the wedding, we finalized all the details, rentals, and exactly what her team would be doing, which included a good deal of set-up, decorating, and clean-up. We also hired 2 bartenders through her. I emailed her a complete list of the bar contents (provided by us, to include 3 kinds of wines, champagne, 3 kinds of beers, sodas, garnishes, cocktail napkins, 2 signature drinks, etc). I also gave her all the decor items with instructions on how to set them up (cake box, paper fans and parasols, sparklers, guest "book" (a write-on vase), etc).

The food was mostly good, though some was lacking: the sliders were dry with oversized buns and minimal meat; the caesar salad "bites" were quite large and needed to be cut, though she had told us ordering knives would be unnecessary, so guests were left to figure it out; the avocado halves filled with corn salad weren't ripe, so I ended up with corn salad in my lap (on my wedding dress); my mom said the mushrooms were disappointing (I didn't have any because I'm allergic). On the flip side, the mac-and-cheese bites were AMAZING, and guests were very pleased with the cheese and fruit display served after the ceremony and before the reception, as well as the watermelon fresca and lavender lemonade the caterer created. The rest of the food seemed like typical wedding fare.

Most of the decor was executed as discussed and looked fantastic! They set up and lit candles on the tables, set out doilies at place settings, rolled forks and napkins, and transformed the downstairs display cases with white tablecloths so that it didn't look so tourist-y.

The issues of the evening:
- My mom had to track down the card box during the reception. It was not put out before she went looking for it.

- I had specifically asked, one week prior to the wedding, if water would be available the entire night and Briana said it would be. My mom had to go to the kitchen to get a glass of water for my brother's date. I do not know how long water was not available, and this was following at outdoor ceremony in Texas in June.

- My sister was excited that we purchased non-HFCS apple juice for her children to have at the wedding. Unfortunately, the bartenders said they knew nothing of it. The groom had to go to the kitchen to get the apple juice.

- My cousin from Washington was so excited to try lavender lemonade. The bar told him they were out. I went an hour later and the bartender got me a glass. My aunt told me about my disappointed cousin and I gave it to him.

- I specifically asked, one week prior to the wedding, if cream and sugar would be available with the coffee. Cream was not put out until much later. Unfortunately, guests were coming to me asking about it.

- I specifically asked, one week prior to the wedding, if we could have food and cake packed for myself and my husband to consume later that evening. Briana said of course, they always do that, and cake is always included. Cake was not included.

- Like I said, we provided them with a complete list of bar contents and purchased the items ourselves. Unfortunately, one of the three kinds of beers was not made available to guests. Garnishes were not served with the signature drinks (cherry/lime spear for one, bitters for the other). The 600 cocktail napkins I provided were not given out with drinks. There was confusion over which acrylic cups to use for mixed drinks, even though we specified and provided appropriate numbers. The bar service seemed amateur at best.

- A good deal of votive candles purchased, which we had discussed placing throughout the venue, went unused.

- It was also surprising and disappointing that we did not get the final bill until the day of the wedding. We were expected to pay before we left the reception, and even though I confirmed with Briana that we could pay via credit card, she had to drive back to her office to get the machine to process the card. It would have delayed our sparkler send-off if my mom had not agreed to stay and deal with it all.

Overall, we were pleased with Briana and her team, but the number of details that were messed up were too numerous to overlook.

Profile Picture Janelle, 6/16/12, 6 Reviews

Briana,

When we met you nine months before our daughter’s wedding, we had just returned from finding “the dress” in Memphis. You became part of our journey; bound for everything to be simply perfect and elegant. We met in your kitchen, and you fed us some of the most delectable dishes from the Texas hill country, including salad with bee honeycomb and other beautiful things. You promised, “Your guests will feel loved,” and that they did! At our daughter’s wedding, you were there early with your staff, and we had no worries. The appetizers were fantastic in the Biergarten, and the meal was prepared to impeccable standards! You even gave our daughter and her groom a private serving on a hidden balcony overlooking the cocktail hour. THAT IS SERVICE. Every guest felt “loved” and your promise was perfectly kept. We cannot thank you enough.

Most Sincerely,
James and Janeil McCrury

Profile Picture J, 4/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Sullivan Street Catering provided the best, most beautiful and delicious food for my daughters wedding of 350 guests. Friends and family are still talking about it! Everything was fresh and the presentation was perfect. They did a "Tuxedo Bar B Q" complete with brisket, turkey, grilled asparagus, sweet potato salad, creamed corn, cobbler and ice cream!

Profile Picture Cathy, 3/31/12, 2 Reviews
4.7

Briana and her team were GREAT! We were so pleased with the food and service at our wedding. We would definitely recommend them!

We had a hard time getting a hold of them at first. Sullivan St was recommended to us by our venue, so we called, but got no response for several weeks. When we did finally hear from her, she confided that our message had gotten lost, and they were in transition so it never got found until then. That being said, when we did hear from them finally, they were great! The food was awesome, the service was great, the price was absolutely unbeatable. We would definitely recommend them.

Profile Picture Emily, 6/12/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Briana and her team at Sullivan Street Catering were absolutely a gift from God. What a wonderful job she did at BOTH my rehearsal dinner and reception. For our rehearsal dinner, we had "Black-tie BBQ", and the brisket was one of the best I have tasted, and got rave reviews from a few BBQ aficionado's present.

She worked with the rental company and made sure everything was set-up perfectly.

For the wedding, several people told me it was the best food they had ever eaten at a wedding. She was wonderful, warm and will take care of many of the details. I highly recommend Sullivan St. Catering.

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/23/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Briana and her staff at Sullivan Street were incredible! The food was fantastic...our guests raved about how great everything tasted! I would highly recommend Sullivan Street Catering!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/6/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

EXCELLENT food. Our guests continue to talk about our DELICIOUS buffet. "Best Wedding Buffet" was the most common statement. Briana was extremely professional but so warm and friendly. My fiance and I had no specifics in mind and Briana came up with the perfect menu based on our likes. Please contact me for more details! Will post pictures soon. She provided excellent advice on every aspect of the event and her staff took care of everything. Her staff was excellent (especially Angelica). The only things I would change would be working directly with the rental company just because I'm so indecisive and I was a little dissappointed with the bartender provided. But otherwise an excellent caterer!!! I would not change a single thing about the food!!

Profile Picture Diana, 10/16/10, 5 Reviews