836 Reviews for SugarBakers Cakes

Pastries (2)
Cookies (1)
Dessert Buffet (1)
836 SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

Our Wedding cake was made by SugarBakers. It was included in our contract through Classic Catering at the Lord Baltimore and we were extremely happy with the way the cake looked and tasted! Our guests said it was the best cake they have had. We provided Sugar Bakers with a picture of the cake we wanted and they did exactly what we asked for. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/4/14, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugar bakers made my cake for my engagement parents, rehearsal dinner, and wedding. All 3 cakes were extrodinarily decorated and tasted amazing! Our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful and tasty they were!

Profile Picture Leah, 10/3/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I have a huge sweet tooth; but cake has always been a hit or miss for me. Something about the frosting and the cake itself. When I have attended weddings in the past the frosting is too sugary and the cake has been dry. It tastes like it was made just to be looked at. This could not be further from the truth for SugarBakers!!! Our cake has been talked about by all our friends and family! Prior to being cut it looked like a piece of art; I almost didn't want to cut into it! But afterwards; Oh my goodness am I glad that I did! We got 2 different flavors, their signature one; Amaretto and Red Velvet. The Amaretto was to die for and was my personal favorite. The frosting was light and buttery; not overwhelmingly sweet. The cake was so moist and in between each layer was a raspberry filling that mixed the berry and almond-e taste together just perfectly! We had some left over and I kept it in the fridge and even 1 1/2 weeks after our wedding the cake tasted as good as the day we cut into it! I've heard of people saying that 1 year after their wedding the top part of their cake was awful- I am looking forward to tasting ours; because I KNOW it will be just as good as our first bite!!!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 9/27/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers did an amazing job on our wedding cake. We were so happy with how it looked and tasted! We got many compliments!

Profile Picture User3665767, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was perfect! It was beautiful and delicious. It was designed just as we had planned and everyone loved it!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/20/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake looked amazing! It was hard to believe that it could taste as good as it looked...but it did.

Profile Picture Patricia, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Thanks to Sugar Bakers for the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake - you have exceeded my expectations - and a special shout out to Joanne who helped coordinate last minute details as well as suggestions. I thank you for your professionalism and willingness to work with us down to the last minute. I certainly plan to enlist your services again in the future - our four tiered wedding cake was simply amazing!

Profile Picture Michele, 9/6/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

They did a wonderful job with our wedding cake and grooms cake. The cakes looked amazing and tasted even better.

Profile Picture Rosa, 9/5/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was priced on the higher side but was fantastic. It was wedding cake that could actually be enjoyed. It is far better than your standard wedding cake.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/23/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

i walked into sugarbakers the day before my wedding and they crafted a small simple cake that was absolutely stunning! It tasted wonderful too!

Profile Picture User3437191, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I would highly recommend Sugar Bakers Cakes. My husband and I went for a taste test and the staff was extremely accommodating. We had the chance to taste a piece of about ten different flavors and we also got to taste three different icing. The woman we met with took us through an entire book of cakes and was able to answer all of our questions. We even got to take home two whole pieces of the flavor cake we chose. Also, we don't have to freeze our wedding cake. We get a fresh anniversary cake for our one year anniversary. I was afraid the cost of Sugar Bakers would be high but it was surprisingly around the same price of other bakeries I found, however; Sugar Bakers was way more delicious!

Profile Picture Tricia, 7/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

After a small tasting plate, my husband and I knew we found our wedding cake vendor! All the delicious combinations. Our cake was only two tiers so we opted for lemon and a cannoli for the chocolate lovers. The cake was decadent without being overly sweet. Sugarbakers staff we're able to decipher what I wanted over the phone and also make suggestions as to what would look good. Can't wait to go back for our anniversary cake. Yes, a fresh anniversary cake is included and you don't have to freeze your own! Gorgeous and tasty!! I received many compliments on the cake.

Profile Picture Annie, 7/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was amazing! The design was gorgeous and the cake was delicious! We were able to pick two different flavors so that made it exciting for the guests.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/19/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I can't say enough good things about this place!!!! We had the best experience. First off, If you have a vision in your mind of what you want your wedding cake to look like, they will cater to any design. If you have no clue at all, they literally will tap into your creative design and show you catalogs of cakes they have made. But the best part is the taste, you will not find a better tasting cake or frosting anywhere at all! They have been doing wedding cakes for a long time and are extremely professional and punctual! They make the process incredibly easy!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cake was beautiful, delicious and moist. Everyone loved it.

Profile Picture Janeen, 7/5/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cakes were delicious and we expected them to be really expensive but we ordered one tiered wedding cake and a sheet cake and it was much more affordable than we anticipated. Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture User3460661, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I chose a 3 tiered Smith Island Cake for our wedding cake. I wish I had more time to eat seconds because it was delicious!! It was moist and the design was beautiful. Loved our cake!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/27/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I wasn't planning on getting a wedding cake, but what grandma-in-law wants, she gets! However I was extremely happy to be able to have my cake from Sugarbakers. The cake tasting was awesome! Our wedding cake got DEVOURED - there was hardly any left! We haven't tested their free cake on your anniversary thing yet since we just got married, but that seems like a great perk. We had two flavors, one on the top two tiers and another on the bottom tier. The cake was lovely, we gave them ribbon and flowers to decorate and it came out beautifully and extremely delicious! I would definitely recommend them.

Profile Picture User4514055, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugarbakers has delicious cakes. The wedding cake was beautiful, and they made an AWESOME groom's cake shaped like the Maryland Terrapin which I surprised my husband with. The woman we did our tasting with was very nice and informative. Can't wait for our 1 year anniversary to have our fresh top tier!

Profile Picture User3350163, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The staff is friendly and they are a family business. We went for our cake tasting and they shared a variety of their cakes. We booked them rigjt away for our wedding day. The cake was to die for. The day of our wedding I was stunned by the beautiful cake that arrived...it was perfect! Our guests loved the cake as well! I love that my husband and I can get a fresh little cake on our one year anniversary to replace the top piece.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Delicious and beautiful- what a fabulous combination! SugarBakers followed through with the design we discussed during our meeting and then some! We wanted something simple with a few designs on the middle tier and it turned out better than we even pictured. We were so happy with how our cake turned out and can't wait to enjoy another delish piece on our first anniversary!

Profile Picture Carrie, 6/7/14, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Per my contract with Catering By Uptown, they provided a cake from Sugar Bakers. It was delicious!!!!!!! It looked exactly how I pictured it!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/31/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Absolutely amazing service! When my husband and I came in for our tasting I brought in a picture of what I wanted our cake to look like, and on our wedding day we were presented with an exact replica. I couldn't have been more happy. There was a wide range of cakes, icings and fillings to sample during our tasting as well, and they were more than happy to customize everything based off of our preferences. We also had some last minute questions right before the wedding that they dealt with extremely well.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I gasped when I saw our wedding cake by Sugarbakers. At our cake tasting appointment, I had an idea in mind from Pinterest, and when I showed our consultant a picture, she said it would be totally doable and she even suggested some other creative ways to enhance it. Months later I requested a change, and Sugarbakers accommodated that request without hesitation. The final product was out-of-this-world beautiful and delicious. We got so many compliments, and many people went back for a second slice! The price was very reasonable. Thank you Sugarbakers. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/24/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugarbakers was fantastic! The prices for their wedding cakes are great, and they were incredibly helpful walking us through the design process. Most importantly, their cakes are absolutely delicious. We went with half red velvet with cream cheese frosting and half vanilla with strawberry mousse. They offer a wonderful deal as well; they provide a small one year anniversary cake (so that you don't have to deal with the tradition of freezing cake and trying to eat it when its inedible a year later) complimentary with your wedding cake. We cannot wait!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/24/14, 9 Reviews