SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

SugarBakers Cakes 5
SugarBakers Cakes 6
SugarBakers Cakes 7

Kate · Married on 06/27/2015

We ordered a 4 tier, 2 flavor cake with cascading sugar flowers from the top to the bottom for our wedding at the Antrim 1844 in Taneytown, MD. The flavors were the Raspberry Amaretto and Smith Island. We had 150 guests and while we had more than enough cake, there was none left because people came back for seconds and thirds- that's how good it was! Our experience with them was great, from the tasting to the wedding day. I wanted something very simple and elegant and that is what I got! My only complaint is the flowers were a little too violet, which made them appear blue rather than the royal purple I had envisioned; but the cake was so beautiful and delicious it didn't matter.

They also provided the cake for my shower, which was delicious (of course!) I would highly recommend sugarbakers!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Ann · Married on 06/21/2015

Great Service, went to the tasting, patiently worked with us on what was a basic cake but treated with excellent customer service. Answered follow up questions and provided us with a beautiful cake on our wedding day! Can't wait for the one year anniversary topper! Thank you so very much.

Sent on 07/19/2015

Not only was our cake gorgeous and exactly what I wanted, it tasted delicious! SugarBakers was easy to work with and delivered the cake right on time. From the tasting to the final product, everything was perfect!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Lauren · Married on 06/13/2015

Wow! Our wedding cake was gorgeous and so delicious! Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Megan · Married on 05/30/2015

Besides being absolutely beautiful, the cake tasted sooo good! We did a taste testing between SugarBakers and a few other bakeries and SugarBakers won hands down, without competition. The flavors of the cakes taste so natural, not artifical like every other bakery. We had the Smith Island (chocolate & peanut butter cups crushed between layers of white cake) and the Peach Melba (white cake layers separated by peach mousse and rasberries). Everyone was asking to be served a second slice! You cannot go wrong with SugarBakers!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Morgan · Married on 05/23/2015

Our wedding cake was to die for. So delicious and fresh! We chose the eed velvet and smith island for ours. They made sure our cake was there in a timely manner. The cake was just like we pictured. Thank you sugarbakers for a delicious cake!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Victoria · Married on 05/23/2015

We went up to the office for a cake tasting. We were blown away by the quality of the cakes and the numerous different kinds of flavors they had to offer. We had a hard time deciding which flavors to choose. We ended up combining the look of two cakes and were so excited with how it came out on our wedding day. We had guests talking about the cake for weeks. SugarBakers was phenomenal. Thanks so much.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Sugarbakers is our go to bakery and once again they delivered a magnificent confection!!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Dionisa · Married on 05/15/2015

Sugar bakers did an awesome job with our wedding cake! The cake not only looked good it taste good! We would highly recommend them again.

Sent on 06/03/2015
  • Rochelle

Rochelle · Married on 05/08/2015

I discovered Sugarbakers from my sister who used them for her wedding. She told me she went to a ton of cake tastings and they were the best. She was right.

Sugarbakers cakes were not only delicious but beautiful. We showed them a few images of what we wanted in a cake and they nailed it! They also throw in a free anniversary cake so you don't need to save the top if you don't want to.

I was fortunate enough to get the same cake flavor (Raspberry Amaretto) for my bridal shower cake and got a sneak preview - and trust me, it was absolutely delicious and moist. Would go to them again for special occasion cakes, birthday cakes, etc.

Sent on 12/23/2015
  • User5452076 · 2+ years ago

Sugarbaker created a delicious and beautiful custom cake!

Sent on 09/19/2015

Michelle · Married on 05/01/2015

My now husband and I chose SugarBakers for our wedding cake quite frankly because the flavors were delicious and different! Any bakery you go to will be expensive for a wedding cake (and if you don't believe me you haven't been planning long), so you might as well choose the the most flavorful one. Our cake was a "simple" three-tier with two flavors (peach-raspberry on the bottom and peanut butter chocolate for the top two). They are very easy to deal with and the cake came out exactly how we wanted it.

Sent on 08/31/2015

We got their signature flavor cake and had a very plain design on just a 12 inch round cake. It was perfect and plain, just the way we ordered it. Great prices for single tiered cakes. Go try a sampler platter from them!

Sent on 05/03/2015

chrissy · Married on 04/18/2015

My wedding cake was delicious and beautiful. I brought them a picture and it was perfect. We had multiple tastings and by far, Sugarbakers was the best!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Cakes were both beautiful and delish !! Made exactly what we wanted . Wonderful to work with deserves more than 5 stars !!!

Sent on 04/16/2015

My husband and I were so pleased with SugarBakers. We live near their shop so we were familiar with their delicious desserts, and we knew others who had used them for their wedding cakes and were very happy. We worked with Khristina, who was so sweet at our tasting, and was always responsive even though she was on maternity leave for part of our time working with her. She always returned our calls even on busy weekends. We had no idea how we wanted our cake to look, and she was able to point us in the right direction for a design that we liked and that also had no fondant. Our cake was beautiful, and more importantly, delicious. It was delivered on time and decorated perfectly. We also ordered over a dozen pies for our wedding and they were fantastic as well. SugarBakers was very accommodating as we nailed down our head count, and Khristina was very respectful of our budget. We’d recommend them to anyone in the area, and are so glad we can go and get their cake whenever we want. They also do this really sweet thing – instead of freezing your top tier, if you call them a few weeks before your first anniversary, they’ll give you a small cake so you can celebrate with something fresh.

Sent on 04/11/2015

Katy · Married on 03/13/2015

Not only was the cake absolutely beautiful it was delicious! They did a wonderful job with the consultation and making sure it was exactly what I wanted!

Sent on 03/25/2015
  • Minna

Minna · Married on 02/15/2015

My search for a wedding cake can be summed up like this: Go to SugarBakers. Order dream wedding cake. Don't go anywhere else.
    This Catonsville gem of a bakery is PHENOMENAL. You don't know how many times I heard, ¨I usually don't eat wedding cake, but if it's SugarBakers, then I'm definitely eating some!¨ from my guests. My tiered cake and sheet cake were both delicious and exactly what I had hoped for in my wedding cake flavors. I can't wait until next February when we can get our free top tier from them! The only dilemma then will be about which flavor to choose.... :)
    They are great at responding via email or phone, so you will always get quick responses, which is great! They have lots of other baked goods to buy and eat, so don't be a stranger. Yum.

Sent on 03/02/2015

Michele · Married on 01/05/2015

Our cake was absolutely amazing!! Everyone loved the flavors we chose and were asking us the next day if there was any leftover cake that it was so good!!! Can't wait for our one year anniversary cake and I'm sure it will be one of the flavors we chose for a wedding day ;-)

Sent on 01/20/2015

We had SugarBakers Cakes create a Groom's cake for us. It was a Bloody Mary in a glass, which was my fiance's favorite drink. I worked with Kristin from SugarBakers. She was great! Very responsive, patient, and helpful in designing the cake. The cake was a surprise for my fiance and SugarBakers did everything to keep it a surprise. The cake turned out amazing, better than I ever imagined. My fiance was ecstatic. We received multiple compliments from guests. The cake also tasted really good!

Sent on 01/15/2015

Stephanie · Married on 12/13/2014

Our family has used SugarBakers for years for our family functions. It was a no brainer when deciding who to give business to with our wedding cake.
    Helping us fine tune our idea, picking out flavors and of course the cake is just amazing.
    Thank you once again for amazing service, you out did yourselves again!
    <3 Shawn & Stephanie Bowie

Sent on 12/23/2014

Keri · Married on 11/29/2014

Best Wedding cake ever!!! We found SugarBaker Cakes at a Bridal show and instantly fell in love with the almond raspberry flavor. We knew we would have to have it at our wedding and I am so so so glad that we did. Everyone was raving about it. My husband and I made an appointment on a Saturday and were lucky enough to sit down with Jamie, the owner. She was terrific and definitely helped combine elements to come up with an original design for our wedding cake. WOW...IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!! We also now use SugarBakers for other occasions.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Christina · Married on 11/08/2014

SugarBakers made us a fantastic cake for our wedding!!! It was beautifully done and exactly what I requested. People who didn't really care for cake said they enjoyed our wedding cake, and I will be going back to the bakery for future special event cakes. They were very accommodating to any request, and called before the wedding to verify details.

Sent on 11/30/2014

The cake was delicious. It melted in our mouths. The icing was light and not gummy like lots of the cakes we tasted. And their first anniversary program is the best. You won't go wrong with Sugar Bakers.

Sent on 12/11/2014

Best wedding cake ever! It preserved so well and my family was eating it for weeks afterward and it stayed moist! I'll be returning to SugarBakers for all special occasions!

Sent on 12/16/2014