847 Reviews for SugarBakers Cakes

Pastries (2)
Custom Design (1)
Private Tastings (1)
847 SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

Our family has used SugarBakers for years for our family functions. It was a no brainer when deciding who to give business to with our wedding cake.
Helping us fine tune our idea, picking out flavors and of course the cake is just amazing.
Thank you once again for amazing service, you out did yourselves again!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 12/13/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Best Wedding cake ever!!! We found SugarBaker Cakes at a Bridal show and instantly fell in love with the almond raspberry flavor. We knew we would have to have it at our wedding and I am so so so glad that we did. Everyone was raving about it. My husband and I made an appointment on a Saturday and were lucky enough to sit down with Jamie, the owner. She was terrific and definitely helped combine elements to come up with an original design for our wedding cake. WOW...IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!! We also now use SugarBakers for other occasions.

Profile Picture Keri, 11/29/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers made us a fantastic cake for our wedding!!! It was beautifully done and exactly what I requested. People who didn't really care for cake said they enjoyed our wedding cake, and I will be going back to the bakery for future special event cakes. They were very accommodating to any request, and called before the wedding to verify details.

Profile Picture Christina, 11/8/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was delicious. It melted in our mouths. The icing was light and not gummy like lots of the cakes we tasted. And their first anniversary program is the best. You won't go wrong with Sugar Bakers.

Profile Picture User4604011, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Best wedding cake ever! It preserved so well and my family was eating it for weeks afterward and it stayed moist! I'll be returning to SugarBakers for all special occasions!

Profile Picture User4105269, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The BEST cake I have ever had in my entire life! I will dream about my cake, it was unbelievably good! They have been voted number one for a reason, it doesn't get any better.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/19/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I cannot even begin to explain how I felt, or what my face looked like upon walking into our reception and seeing our cake for the first time - it was beautiful! It was absolutely everything we couldve asked for. To be able to go into the cake consultation all those months before the wedding and explain our vision - and to be able to see it in final cake form the day of the wedding - it was magical! Not to mention delicious!

As an out-of-town bride, SugarBakers was extremely accommodating upon setting up our cake tasting and consultation, and easy corresponding with. All of their cake flavors were amazing - but we went with their signature award-winning flavor (amaretto with raspberry filling), and their yellow with strawberry creme filling, with the fluffy german buttercream. All of our guests LOVED the cake and raved about how good it was!

We are so thrilled that we went with SugarBakers, and they certainly lived up to their name and their reputation as one of the best cake companies in Maryland! We highly recommend them to ANYONE looking to get a cake for their wedding, or any other event!

Profile Picture Mary, 10/18/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake was beautiful and tasted even better!!

Profile Picture User3753923, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake was amazing! I said from the day I got engaged that if nothing went right at my wedding the cake needed to be damn good and SugarBakers nailed it! When planning out our cake they made helpful suggestions to help us cut cost but get all of our guest fed. Thank you for everything our cake was delicious!

Profile Picture Sydne, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our Wedding cake was made by SugarBakers. It was included in our contract through Classic Catering at the Lord Baltimore and we were extremely happy with the way the cake looked and tasted! Our guests said it was the best cake they have had. We provided Sugar Bakers with a picture of the cake we wanted and they did exactly what we asked for. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/4/14, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugar bakers made my cake for my engagement parents, rehearsal dinner, and wedding. All 3 cakes were extrodinarily decorated and tasted amazing! Our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful and tasty they were!

Profile Picture Leah, 10/3/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I have a huge sweet tooth; but cake has always been a hit or miss for me. Something about the frosting and the cake itself. When I have attended weddings in the past the frosting is too sugary and the cake has been dry. It tastes like it was made just to be looked at. This could not be further from the truth for SugarBakers!!! Our cake has been talked about by all our friends and family! Prior to being cut it looked like a piece of art; I almost didn't want to cut into it! But afterwards; Oh my goodness am I glad that I did! We got 2 different flavors, their signature one; Amaretto and Red Velvet. The Amaretto was to die for and was my personal favorite. The frosting was light and buttery; not overwhelmingly sweet. The cake was so moist and in between each layer was a raspberry filling that mixed the berry and almond-e taste together just perfectly! We had some left over and I kept it in the fridge and even 1 1/2 weeks after our wedding the cake tasted as good as the day we cut into it! I've heard of people saying that 1 year after their wedding the top part of their cake was awful- I am looking forward to tasting ours; because I KNOW it will be just as good as our first bite!!!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 9/27/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers did an amazing job on our wedding cake. We were so happy with how it looked and tasted! We got many compliments!

Profile Picture User3665767, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was perfect! It was beautiful and delicious. It was designed just as we had planned and everyone loved it!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/20/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake looked amazing! It was hard to believe that it could taste as good as it looked...but it did.

Profile Picture Patricia, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Thanks to Sugar Bakers for the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake - you have exceeded my expectations - and a special shout out to Joanne who helped coordinate last minute details as well as suggestions. I thank you for your professionalism and willingness to work with us down to the last minute. I certainly plan to enlist your services again in the future - our four tiered wedding cake was simply amazing!

Profile Picture Michele, 9/6/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

They did a wonderful job with our wedding cake and grooms cake. The cakes looked amazing and tasted even better.

Profile Picture Rosa, 9/5/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was priced on the higher side but was fantastic. It was wedding cake that could actually be enjoyed. It is far better than your standard wedding cake.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/23/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

i walked into sugarbakers the day before my wedding and they crafted a small simple cake that was absolutely stunning! It tasted wonderful too!

Profile Picture User3437191, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I would highly recommend Sugar Bakers Cakes. My husband and I went for a taste test and the staff was extremely accommodating. We had the chance to taste a piece of about ten different flavors and we also got to taste three different icing. The woman we met with took us through an entire book of cakes and was able to answer all of our questions. We even got to take home two whole pieces of the flavor cake we chose. Also, we don't have to freeze our wedding cake. We get a fresh anniversary cake for our one year anniversary. I was afraid the cost of Sugar Bakers would be high but it was surprisingly around the same price of other bakeries I found, however; Sugar Bakers was way more delicious!

Profile Picture Tricia, 7/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

After a small tasting plate, my husband and I knew we found our wedding cake vendor! All the delicious combinations. Our cake was only two tiers so we opted for lemon and a cannoli for the chocolate lovers. The cake was decadent without being overly sweet. Sugarbakers staff we're able to decipher what I wanted over the phone and also make suggestions as to what would look good. Can't wait to go back for our anniversary cake. Yes, a fresh anniversary cake is included and you don't have to freeze your own! Gorgeous and tasty!! I received many compliments on the cake.

Profile Picture Annie, 7/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was amazing! The design was gorgeous and the cake was delicious! We were able to pick two different flavors so that made it exciting for the guests.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/19/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I can't say enough good things about this place!!!! We had the best experience. First off, If you have a vision in your mind of what you want your wedding cake to look like, they will cater to any design. If you have no clue at all, they literally will tap into your creative design and show you catalogs of cakes they have made. But the best part is the taste, you will not find a better tasting cake or frosting anywhere at all! They have been doing wedding cakes for a long time and are extremely professional and punctual! They make the process incredibly easy!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cake was beautiful, delicious and moist. Everyone loved it.

Profile Picture Janeen, 7/5/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cakes were delicious and we expected them to be really expensive but we ordered one tiered wedding cake and a sheet cake and it was much more affordable than we anticipated. Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture User3460661, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews