836 Reviews for SugarBakers Cakes

Pastries (2)
Cookies (1)
Dessert Buffet (1)
836 SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

Besides being absolutely beautiful, the cake tasted sooo good! We did a taste testing between SugarBakers and a few other bakeries and SugarBakers won hands down, without competition. The flavors of the cakes taste so natural, not artifical like every other bakery. We had the Smith Island (chocolate & peanut butter cups crushed between layers of white cake) and the Peach Melba (white cake layers separated by peach mousse and rasberries). Everyone was asking to be served a second slice! You cannot go wrong with SugarBakers!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/30/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was to die for. So delicious and fresh! We chose the eed velvet and smith island for ours. They made sure our cake was there in a timely manner. The cake was just like we pictured. Thank you sugarbakers for a delicious cake!

Profile Picture Morgan, 5/23/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We went up to the office for a cake tasting. We were blown away by the quality of the cakes and the numerous different kinds of flavors they had to offer. We had a hard time deciding which flavors to choose. We ended up combining the look of two cakes and were so excited with how it came out on our wedding day. We had guests talking about the cake for weeks. SugarBakers was phenomenal. Thanks so much.

Profile Picture Victoria , 5/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugarbakers is our go to bakery and once again they delivered a magnificent confection!!

Profile Picture User5628812, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugar bakers did an awesome job with our wedding cake! The cake not only looked good it taste good! We would highly recommend them again.

Profile Picture Dionisa, 5/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I discovered Sugarbakers from my sister who used them for her wedding. She told me she went to a ton of cake tastings and they were the best. She was right.

Sugarbakers cakes were not only delicious but beautiful. We showed them a few images of what we wanted in a cake and they nailed it! They also throw in a free anniversary cake so you don't need to save the top if you don't want to.

I was fortunate enough to get the same cake flavor (Raspberry Amaretto) for my bridal shower cake and got a sneak preview - and trust me, it was absolutely delicious and moist. Would go to them again for special occasion cakes, birthday cakes, etc.

Profile Picture Rochelle, 5/8/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Sugarbaker created a delicious and beautiful custom cake!

Profile Picture User5452076, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My now husband and I chose SugarBakers for our wedding cake quite frankly because the flavors were delicious and different! Any bakery you go to will be expensive for a wedding cake (and if you don't believe me you haven't been planning long), so you might as well choose the the most flavorful one. Our cake was a "simple" three-tier with two flavors (peach-raspberry on the bottom and peanut butter chocolate for the top two). They are very easy to deal with and the cake came out exactly how we wanted it.

Profile Picture Michelle , 5/1/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We got their signature flavor cake and had a very plain design on just a 12 inch round cake. It was perfect and plain, just the way we ordered it. Great prices for single tiered cakes. Go try a sampler platter from them!

Profile Picture User4028581, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake was delicious and beautiful. I brought them a picture and it was perfect. We had multiple tastings and by far, Sugarbakers was the best!

Profile Picture chrissy , 4/18/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cakes were both beautiful and delish !! Made exactly what we wanted . Wonderful to work with deserves more than 5 stars !!!

Profile Picture User4983153, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I were so pleased with SugarBakers. We live near their shop so we were familiar with their delicious desserts, and we knew others who had used them for their wedding cakes and were very happy. We worked with Khristina, who was so sweet at our tasting, and was always responsive even though she was on maternity leave for part of our time working with her. She always returned our calls even on busy weekends. We had no idea how we wanted our cake to look, and she was able to point us in the right direction for a design that we liked and that also had no fondant. Our cake was beautiful, and more importantly, delicious. It was delivered on time and decorated perfectly. We also ordered over a dozen pies for our wedding and they were fantastic as well. SugarBakers was very accommodating as we nailed down our head count, and Khristina was very respectful of our budget. We’d recommend them to anyone in the area, and are so glad we can go and get their cake whenever we want. They also do this really sweet thing – instead of freezing your top tier, if you call them a few weeks before your first anniversary, they’ll give you a small cake so you can celebrate with something fresh.

Profile Picture User4965412, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Not only was the cake absolutely beautiful it was delicious! They did a wonderful job with the consultation and making sure it was exactly what I wanted!

Profile Picture Katy, 3/13/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My search for a wedding cake can be summed up like this: Go to SugarBakers. Order dream wedding cake. Don't go anywhere else.
This Catonsville gem of a bakery is PHENOMENAL. You don't know how many times I heard, ¨I usually don't eat wedding cake, but if it's SugarBakers, then I'm definitely eating some!¨ from my guests. My tiered cake and sheet cake were both delicious and exactly what I had hoped for in my wedding cake flavors. I can't wait until next February when we can get our free top tier from them! The only dilemma then will be about which flavor to choose.... :)
They are great at responding via email or phone, so you will always get quick responses, which is great! They have lots of other baked goods to buy and eat, so don't be a stranger. Yum.

Profile Picture Minna, 2/15/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was absolutely amazing!! Everyone loved the flavors we chose and were asking us the next day if there was any leftover cake that it was so good!!! Can't wait for our one year anniversary cake and I'm sure it will be one of the flavors we chose for a wedding day ;-)

Profile Picture Michele, 1/5/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had SugarBakers Cakes create a Groom's cake for us. It was a Bloody Mary in a glass, which was my fiance's favorite drink. I worked with Kristin from SugarBakers. She was great! Very responsive, patient, and helpful in designing the cake. The cake was a surprise for my fiance and SugarBakers did everything to keep it a surprise. The cake turned out amazing, better than I ever imagined. My fiance was ecstatic. We received multiple compliments from guests. The cake also tasted really good!

Profile Picture User3935313, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our family has used SugarBakers for years for our family functions. It was a no brainer when deciding who to give business to with our wedding cake.
Helping us fine tune our idea, picking out flavors and of course the cake is just amazing.
Thank you once again for amazing service, you out did yourselves again!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 12/13/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Best Wedding cake ever!!! We found SugarBaker Cakes at a Bridal show and instantly fell in love with the almond raspberry flavor. We knew we would have to have it at our wedding and I am so so so glad that we did. Everyone was raving about it. My husband and I made an appointment on a Saturday and were lucky enough to sit down with Jamie, the owner. She was terrific and definitely helped combine elements to come up with an original design for our wedding cake. WOW...IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!! We also now use SugarBakers for other occasions.

Profile Picture Keri, 11/29/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers made us a fantastic cake for our wedding!!! It was beautifully done and exactly what I requested. People who didn't really care for cake said they enjoyed our wedding cake, and I will be going back to the bakery for future special event cakes. They were very accommodating to any request, and called before the wedding to verify details.

Profile Picture Christina, 11/8/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was delicious. It melted in our mouths. The icing was light and not gummy like lots of the cakes we tasted. And their first anniversary program is the best. You won't go wrong with Sugar Bakers.

Profile Picture User4604011, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Best wedding cake ever! It preserved so well and my family was eating it for weeks afterward and it stayed moist! I'll be returning to SugarBakers for all special occasions!

Profile Picture User4105269, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The BEST cake I have ever had in my entire life! I will dream about my cake, it was unbelievably good! They have been voted number one for a reason, it doesn't get any better.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/19/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I cannot even begin to explain how I felt, or what my face looked like upon walking into our reception and seeing our cake for the first time - it was beautiful! It was absolutely everything we couldve asked for. To be able to go into the cake consultation all those months before the wedding and explain our vision - and to be able to see it in final cake form the day of the wedding - it was magical! Not to mention delicious!

As an out-of-town bride, SugarBakers was extremely accommodating upon setting up our cake tasting and consultation, and easy corresponding with. All of their cake flavors were amazing - but we went with their signature award-winning flavor (amaretto with raspberry filling), and their yellow with strawberry creme filling, with the fluffy german buttercream. All of our guests LOVED the cake and raved about how good it was!

We are so thrilled that we went with SugarBakers, and they certainly lived up to their name and their reputation as one of the best cake companies in Maryland! We highly recommend them to ANYONE looking to get a cake for their wedding, or any other event!

Profile Picture Mary, 10/18/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake was beautiful and tasted even better!!

Profile Picture User3753923, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake was amazing! I said from the day I got engaged that if nothing went right at my wedding the cake needed to be damn good and SugarBakers nailed it! When planning out our cake they made helpful suggestions to help us cut cost but get all of our guest fed. Thank you for everything our cake was delicious!

Profile Picture Sydne, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews