SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

SugarBakers Cakes 5
SugarBakers Cakes 6
SugarBakers Cakes 7

Kathleen · Married on 01/14/2017

Hands down this is the only place for a wedding cake in the Baltimore area. We have been getting our special occasion cakes from this bakery for years.
    From the sit down, to the ordering, to the execution and even wonderful thank you note from Sugarbakers you can't go wrong! My only advice would be that if you decide to get two flavors of cake, then assume people will have two pieces so double your order! Our 200 ppl cake was gone in a flash!

Sent on 01/30/2017

Jodi · Married on 01/08/2017

Beautiful cake - even better than I imagined. It exceeded expectations. We received so many wonderful comments from our guests and beautiful photos of the cake. Our sales rep was great from the day of the tasting. The cake tasted good too - a plus!! Sometimes it looks great but tastes terrible or vice versa - we got both :)

Sent on 02/13/2017

holly · Married on 11/13/2016

The cake was one of the best parts of the day! It turned out gorgeous and delicious! I met with Sugar Bakers to discuss options and I really had no idea what direction to go in. They offered suggestions on design, taste, colors, etc that fit my vision for the day. It turned out perfect. The tasting was fabulous and they explained everything. I feel like they had options for everybody and all tastes. They explained about buttercream and fondant and the advantages/disadvantages to both. They worked with my color scheme and everything matched perfectly. The sugar flowers were gorgeous also. I dropped off my cake topper a week before. It was way bigger than I imagined when I ordered it but Sugar Bakers made it work and it looked perfect. All m yguests commented on how delicious every layer was-from the red velvet to the caramel. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/24/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/29/2016

Without a doubt the best wedding cake I've had. All my friends were jealous. SugarBakers worked with us long distance and was always prompt in returning phone calls and emails. They didn't try to pressure us into buying anything we didn't need, and even recommended ways to save money. I can't wait to get our anniversary cake!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Joanna · Married on 10/21/2016

Delicious sophisticated cakes. There's no design they couldn't do. Had a cake tasting before the wedding, and I was able to find the perfect flavor: Raspberry amaretto with German buttercream. The Smith island was delicious too (peanut butter cups, high quality chocolate, and yellow cake) and the quality of the taste of cake was sooo much better than most bakeries (I would know, I'm a cake conoisseur lol) fantastic presentation and everyone loved the taste of the cake. I would definitely drive 1 1/2 hours just to have a slice of that delicious cake from our wedding and the Smith Island

Sent on 10/29/2016

Colleen · Married on 10/08/2016

SugarBakers was a pleasure to work with! we wanted a variety of cakes in a variety of flavors and textures and they delivered the most beautiful and delicious creations! We're still dreaming about their Smith Island cake! My family has ordered birthday cakes and desserts for other special events from them for years and we'll continue to do so. They're the best!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 10/01/2016

My (now) husband and I went to our consultation with very vague ideas of what we wanted. When we met with Jamie, she made it very easy to go through different examples of cakes, picking and choosing different aspects of each that we liked and was very helpful with getting us to narrow down what we wanted.
    We got to taste all the different cakes as well as the different icings and what can I say... DELICIOUS! Even the flavors that I'm not normally a fan of! We ended up going with the smith island cake for one tier, and the raspberry amaretto for the other two tiers and all of our guests were in love!
    Working with Jamie and Sugar Bakers was a breeze! When random questions came up, they were super quick to respond via email and very friendly and professional if I called. I would absolutely recommend this bakery to others planning their big day!

Sent on 10/12/2016

S. · Married on 09/24/2016

SugarBakers was more expensive than the other cake companies we tried but it was so worth the splurge!!! The two-flavored cake was moist and delicious! We received so many compliments and heard some of our guests asking for a second slice!

Sent on 10/03/2016

S. · Married on 09/17/2016

A wedding cake people actually enjoy? YES, it exists. This is it. If you want a cake that actually gets eaten because it is delicious look no further.

Sent on 09/30/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/04/2016

SugarBakers cakes are so good. Myself and my husband don't eat too much cake, but couldn't get enough of our wedding cake. The consultation we had with them was great. We got to try all flavors of cake and also look at some mock models that they had in the store. The pictures and models really helped us pick out the design we wanted. My husband wanted to add a crab in the icing somewhere, and they hid it perfectly in the lace detail of the cake. Wonderful job and a perfect edition to our wedding day.

Sent on 10/16/2016

Emily · Married on 09/03/2016

Sugarbakers is the place to get your wedding cake! ( or any other dessert). We had an raspberry ameretto cake with top tier of carrots cake and buttercream icing and it was SO GOOD!!! everyone LOVED it! And since we had our reception at Rolling Road Country Club we got a discount on our cake. Jamie was so sweet and helpful with us picking our flavors and decorations. The cake turned out absolute beautiful. Better then I even imagined it! Recommend Sugarbaker for sure!

Sent on 03/13/2017

Lori · Married on 08/27/2016

Best. Cake. Ever. I am not a fan of red velvet cake but there red velvet fudge was amazing. We also had raspberry amaretto which was amazing too. The cake was a big hit!!

Sent on 08/29/2016
  • Scottcr1688

Chelsea · Married on 08/27/2016

SugarBakers Cakes - speak for themselves. They are simply the best. We used SugarBakers for our wedding and grooms cake, and our guests loved it. Truly artists the design of our cake was exactly what we imagined.

Sent on 07/30/2017

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! We will see you on your one year anniversary for your complementary anniversary cake! Best Wishes

Mark & Randall · Married on 08/20/2016

We only needed a smaller "ceremonial" cake since our caterer provided individualized desserts for our wedding reception but the Amaretto Raspberry cake with French buttercream that we chose was DIVINE! But perhaps the best part was the talented artisans at SugarBakers also sculpted our cake as a "one-of-a-kind" work of art that completely fit in with our Art Museum venue. So deliciously perfect, we almost hated to eat it (but we're so glad that we did)!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Courtney · Married on 08/20/2016

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. We went for a tasting, they allowed us to take all the time we needed. They got our vision for our cake perfectly. We even wanted a stand for the cake and they suggested an alternative to help us save a few bucks. The cake was delicious and DEVOURED at our wedding. Everyone loved the fact that we had two flavors.

Sent on 12/18/2016

Nichol · Married on 08/06/2016

Do not go anywhere else for cake! We are still having people from our wedding ask us where we got it. Definitely the best part of wedding planning. We had the raspberry amaretto with buttercream frosting and would do it all over again!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Abby · Married on 07/23/2016

Sugar Bakers made us a delicious and beautiful Smith Island Cake for our wedding! We left our meeting feeling 100% confident that they knew exactly what we wanted our cake to look like! They took the pictures that we brought and combined it with pictures of what they had done before to make the perfect wedding cake! The cake was absolutely stunning the day of the wedding and included everything that we asked for!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Carly · Married on 07/16/2016

We did not work directly with SugarBakers as our venue coordinated this. However, our cake was absolutely DELICIOUS. We loved every bite of it and will definitely be ordering another anniversary cake next year. Thank you!

Sent on 07/23/2016
  • F

Faith · Married on 07/15/2016

I knew from the moment I tasted one of SugarBakers’ cakes that I would have to have it for my wedding (for the record, it was the white cake with raspberry amaretto filling and buttercream icing). A super-fancy custom cake wasn’t really important to us - we only wanted it to be delicious and fresh - so we just ordered their standard round cakes in various sizes, and my mom made a beautiful cake display. All of SugarBakers’ cakes are really delicious and they look beautiful! I’m sure if you want something custom and elaborate, they will more than deliver, but even something simple from them is great.

Sent on 07/26/2016

Brittany · Married on 07/02/2016

When it came to choosing our wedding cake we knew Sugarbakers was the only way to go. Working in the event industry myself I have tried my fair share of cakes. The flavor and freshness of a sugarbakers cake is unbeatable. Their costumer service is just as impressive.

Sent on 08/26/2016

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Brittany! We truly appreciate your review and are glad that you enjoy
    our yummy cakes! We enjoy making every cake super delicious for that special
    occasion! Congratulations and best wishes to you!
    The SugarBakers Team
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 06/26/2016

The cake was absolutely delicious and so beautiful, just as we had described it to them. They were also so patient with us getting everything organized for the wedding. We will definitely be going back to them for our future cake needs!

Sent on 09/09/2016

devin · Married on 06/25/2016

Our wedding cake was delicious and turned out better than we had planned! When we first tried the samples, it was impossible to make a decision as all of the flavors were delicious. The staff was friendly and very easy to work with and quickly understood our design. When people at the wedding found out our cake was SugarBakers they were thrilled and agreed the cake lived up to its reputation. Since then we’re still receiving tons of compliments on how great it tasted!

Sent on 07/17/2016

Tiffany · Married on 06/18/2016

SugarBakers was fantastic. Kristin was super friendly, accommodating, and made the process very easy! Of all of the cakes we tasted, they had the best flavor choices and this may be the first time in all the weddings I've gone to where I really enjoyed the cake!! They also did a special groom cake and it was beautiful - including the custom detailing I asked for - and delicious!!

Sent on 06/20/2016

SugarBakers has the best quality of cakes in the area! My family has been going here for many years. I recently had a wedding cake made by them and I was not disappointed. We had a 3-tier cake, two flavors (peach and red velvet). The cake tasted amazing and was also the most beautiful cake I have ever seen! I definitely recommend ordering your cake here!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Best. Cake. Ever. My fiancé and I enjoyed hunting for the best cake company out there. We went to 3 other vendors before we went to sugarbakers. Although all the cake tasting was fun had we gone to sugarbakers first we wouldn't have went anywhere else. The cake is out of this world delicious and the responsiveness from everyone in the business was top notch. This cake is something that you savor over and I enjoyed every last bite. Our flavors were amaretto raspberry and red velvet on the 3 tiers we had. The design was exactly as I had discussed and the butter cream frosting decedent. Hands down look no further!!

Sent on 05/12/2016