SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

861 Reviews for SugarBakers Cakes

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

861 SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

S. · Married on 09/17/2016

A wedding cake people actually enjoy? YES, it exists. This is it. If you want a cake that actually gets eaten because it is delicious look no further.

Amanda · Married on 09/04/2016

SugarBakers cakes are so good. Myself and my husband don't eat too much cake, but couldn't get enough of our wedding cake. The consultation we had with them was great. We got to try all flavors of cake and also look at some mock models that they had in the store. The pictures and models really helped us pick out the design we wanted. My husband wanted to add a crab in the icing somewhere, and they hid it perfectly in the lace detail of the cake. Wonderful job and a perfect edition to our wedding day.

Emily · Married on 09/03/2016

Sugarbakers is the place to get your wedding cake! ( or any other dessert). We had an raspberry ameretto cake with top tier of carrots cake and buttercream icing and it was SO GOOD!!! everyone LOVED it! And since we had our reception at Rolling Road Country Club we got a discount on our cake. Jamie was so sweet and helpful with us picking our flavors and decorations. The cake turned out absolute beautiful. Better then I even imagined it! Recommend Sugarbaker for sure!

Lori · Married on 08/27/2016

Best. Cake. Ever. I am not a fan of red velvet cake but there red velvet fudge was amazing. We also had raspberry amaretto which was amazing too. The cake was a big hit!!

• Scottcr1688

Chelsea · Married on 08/27/2016

SugarBakers Cakes - speak for themselves. They are simply the best. We used SugarBakers for our wedding and grooms cake, and our guests loved it. Truly artists the design of our cake was exactly what we imagined.

Sent on 07/30/2017

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! We will see you on your one year anniversary for your complementary anniversary cake! Best Wishes

Mark & Randall · Married on 08/20/2016

We only needed a smaller "ceremonial" cake since our caterer provided individualized desserts for our wedding reception but the Amaretto Raspberry cake with French buttercream that we chose was DIVINE! But perhaps the best part was the talented artisans at SugarBakers also sculpted our cake as a "one-of-a-kind" work of art that completely fit in with our Art Museum venue. So deliciously perfect, we almost hated to eat it (but we're so glad that we did)!

Courtney · Married on 08/20/2016

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. We went for a tasting, they allowed us to take all the time we needed. They got our vision for our cake perfectly. We even wanted a stand for the cake and they suggested an alternative to help us save a few bucks. The cake was delicious and DEVOURED at our wedding. Everyone loved the fact that we had two flavors.

Nichol · Married on 08/06/2016

Do not go anywhere else for cake! We are still having people from our wedding ask us where we got it. Definitely the best part of wedding planning. We had the raspberry amaretto with buttercream frosting and would do it all over again!

Abby · Married on 07/23/2016

Sugar Bakers made us a delicious and beautiful Smith Island Cake for our wedding! We left our meeting feeling 100% confident that they knew exactly what we wanted our cake to look like! They took the pictures that we brought and combined it with pictures of what they had done before to make the perfect wedding cake! The cake was absolutely stunning the day of the wedding and included everything that we asked for!

Carly · Married on 07/16/2016

We did not work directly with SugarBakers as our venue coordinated this. However, our cake was absolutely DELICIOUS. We loved every bite of it and will definitely be ordering another anniversary cake next year. Thank you!

• F

Faith · Married on 07/15/2016

I knew from the moment I tasted one of SugarBakers’ cakes that I would have to have it for my wedding (for the record, it was the white cake with raspberry amaretto filling and buttercream icing). A super-fancy custom cake wasn’t really important to us - we only wanted it to be delicious and fresh - so we just ordered their standard round cakes in various sizes, and my mom made a beautiful cake display. All of SugarBakers’ cakes are really delicious and they look beautiful! I’m sure if you want something custom and elaborate, they will more than deliver, but even something simple from them is great.

Brittany · Married on 07/02/2016

When it came to choosing our wedding cake we knew Sugarbakers was the only way to go. Working in the event industry myself I have tried my fair share of cakes. The flavor and freshness of a sugarbakers cake is unbeatable. Their costumer service is just as impressive.

Sent on 08/26/2016

SugarBakers Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Brittany! We truly appreciate your review and are glad that you enjoy our yummy cakes! We enjoy making every cake super delicious for that special occasion! Congratulations and best wishes to you! The SugarBakers Team
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 06/26/2016

The cake was absolutely delicious and so beautiful, just as we had described it to them. They were also so patient with us getting everything organized for the wedding. We will definitely be going back to them for our future cake needs!

devin · Married on 06/25/2016

Our wedding cake was delicious and turned out better than we had planned! When we first tried the samples, it was impossible to make a decision as all of the flavors were delicious. The staff was friendly and very easy to work with and quickly understood our design. When people at the wedding found out our cake was SugarBakers they were thrilled and agreed the cake lived up to its reputation. Since then we’re still receiving tons of compliments on how great it tasted!

Tiffany · Married on 06/18/2016

SugarBakers was fantastic. Kristin was super friendly, accommodating, and made the process very easy! Of all of the cakes we tasted, they had the best flavor choices and this may be the first time in all the weddings I've gone to where I really enjoyed the cake!! They also did a special groom cake and it was beautiful - including the custom detailing I asked for - and delicious!!

SugarBakers has the best quality of cakes in the area! My family has been going here for many years. I recently had a wedding cake made by them and I was not disappointed. We had a 3-tier cake, two flavors (peach and red velvet). The cake tasted amazing and was also the most beautiful cake I have ever seen! I definitely recommend ordering your cake here!

Best. Cake. Ever. My fiancé and I enjoyed hunting for the best cake company out there. We went to 3 other vendors before we went to sugarbakers. Although all the cake tasting was fun had we gone to sugarbakers first we wouldn't have went anywhere else. The cake is out of this world delicious and the responsiveness from everyone in the business was top notch. This cake is something that you savor over and I enjoyed every last bite. Our flavors were amaretto raspberry and red velvet on the 3 tiers we had. The design was exactly as I had discussed and the butter cream frosting decedent. Hands down look no further!!

Angela · Married on 03/18/2016

Sugarbakers provided the cake for my wedding on March 18, 2016. Let me start by saying that I tasted so many delicious flavors during my cake tasting that it was difficult to make my final selection of lemon and strawberry. The cake on the day of my wedding was AMAZING! The cake was moist and the flavor exceeded the flavor of the cake I had at the tasting. My family and friends are still raving about how great the cake tasted. Not only was the cake delicious, but the decoration was exactly my vision come to life. Sugarbakers out did themselves! I am very appreciative of your work!

Jess · Married on 03/05/2016

Sugar Bakers is a Catonsville institution and having worked with them it is easy to see why. They were amazingly easy to work with, the cakes were delicious and the the look of final product was exactly, 100% perfect. They had great ideas for cake designs and offered a few very unique and delicious flavors, which we shockingly found ourselves using in our weeding cake. The final cake was a hit with our family and friends and the whole experience was fun and painless (well, painless except for my waistline). We cannot wait to order our one year anniversary cake from them because we could not get enough the first time around!

Elisabeth · Married on 12/05/2015

I've used SugarBakers for various family events for the past few years so they were an easy choice when I got engaged. We had our first consultation with Kristin and she helped us find the perfect elements to match our wintery theme. The cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted fantastic-- I only wish I would've been able to eat more of it. We had a lot of food allergies at our wedding and while they can't guarantee (since their facility isn't nut-free) that it's "safe", we had zero issues with allergies. We can't wait for our anniversary cake!

What a delightful and beautiful cake! It was a groom's cake made especially for my husband, and everyone loved it!

Lauren · Married on 11/21/2015

SugarBakers was fantastic to work with and we are delighted we chose them to bake our wedding cake! The cake tasting was a lot of fun and there were so many great flavors to choose from. Our consultant was also very professional and took the time to truly capture the cake we envisioned. Our cake turned out beautifully and tasted delicious!!! Everyone raved how much they loved that our cake tasted even as great as it looked! Thank you SugarBakers!

AK · Married on 11/14/2015

Our cakes were DELICIOUS!!! A week and a half since our wedding and our guests are still telling us how much they loved our cakes. We had a 6 inch chocolate Smith Island Cake on each of our table that we used as our centerpieces and my husband and I got a 10 inch reeces cake for our cake. Sugarbakers was on point with the cakes, on point with delivery, and above and beyond on taste. PLUS I shopped around for prices on these cakes and they couldn't be beat. So thankful for Sugarbakers!

Lisa · Married on 11/14/2015

We loved our cake! Not only did it taste delicious, but it was such a beautiful work of art! Our cake was an overall simple design, but you could tell the immense work that went into the details and the beautiful flowers was incredible! Everyone raved about the pumpkin/ Smith Island layers and the raspberry amaretto is out of this world! Can't wait to have our wedding topper for our one year anniversary!

Sarah · Married on 10/17/2015

Our wedding cake was so delicious and beautiful, all thanks to SugarBakers! After our tasting, we fell in love with 2 flavors, their signature amaretto raspberry and cannoli. All I had to do was send them a picture and they executed perfectly! They were easy to work with and I love the fact that we can get a top tier on our 1 year anniversary. Thank you so much, SugarBakers! Don't hesitate to use them for your wedding or other functions!