847 Reviews for SugarBakers Cakes

Pastries (2)
Custom Design (1)
Private Tastings (1)
847 SugarBakers Cakes Reviews

The cake was absolutely delicious and so beautiful, just as we had described it to them. They were also so patient with us getting everything organized for the wedding. We will definitely be going back to them for our future cake needs!

Profile Picture Meredith, 6/26/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Our wedding cake was delicious and turned out better than we had planned! When we first tried the samples, it was impossible to make a decision as all of the flavors were delicious. The staff was friendly and very easy to work with and quickly understood our design. When people at the wedding found out our cake was SugarBakers they were thrilled and agreed the cake lived up to its reputation. Since then we’re still receiving tons of compliments on how great it tasted!

Profile Picture devin, 6/25/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

SugarBakers was fantastic. Kristin was super friendly, accommodating, and made the process very easy! Of all of the cakes we tasted, they had the best flavor choices and this may be the first time in all the weddings I've gone to where I really enjoyed the cake!! They also did a special groom cake and it was beautiful - including the custom detailing I asked for - and delicious!!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 6/18/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

SugarBakers has the best quality of cakes in the area! My family has been going here for many years. I recently had a wedding cake made by them and I was not disappointed. We had a 3-tier cake, two flavors (peach and red velvet). The cake tasted amazing and was also the most beautiful cake I have ever seen! I definitely recommend ordering your cake here!

Profile Picture User4350033, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

Best. Cake. Ever. My fiancé and I enjoyed hunting for the best cake company out there. We went to 3 other vendors before we went to sugarbakers. Although all the cake tasting was fun had we gone to sugarbakers first we wouldn't have went anywhere else. The cake is out of this world delicious and the responsiveness from everyone in the business was top notch. This cake is something that you savor over and I enjoyed every last bite. Our flavors were amaretto raspberry and red velvet on the 3 tiers we had. The design was exactly as I had discussed and the butter cream frosting decedent. Hands down look no further!!

Profile Picture Sara, 4/22/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Sugarbakers provided the cake for my wedding on March 18, 2016. Let me start by saying that I tasted so many delicious flavors during my cake tasting that it was difficult to make my final selection of lemon and strawberry. The cake on the day of my wedding was AMAZING! The cake was moist and the flavor exceeded the flavor of the cake I had at the tasting. My family and friends are still raving about how great the cake tasted. Not only was the cake delicious, but the decoration was exactly my vision come to life. Sugarbakers out did themselves! I am very appreciative of your work!

Profile Picture Angela , 3/18/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Sugar Bakers is a Catonsville institution and having worked with them it is easy to see why. They were amazingly easy to work with, the cakes were delicious and the the look of final product was exactly, 100% perfect. They had great ideas for cake designs and offered a few very unique and delicious flavors, which we shockingly found ourselves using in our weeding cake. The final cake was a hit with our family and friends and the whole experience was fun and painless (well, painless except for my waistline). We cannot wait to order our one year anniversary cake from them because we could not get enough the first time around!

Profile Picture Jess, 3/5/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I've used SugarBakers for various family events for the past few years so they were an easy choice when I got engaged. We had our first consultation with Kristin and she helped us find the perfect elements to match our wintery theme. The cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted fantastic-- I only wish I would've been able to eat more of it. We had a lot of food allergies at our wedding and while they can't guarantee (since their facility isn't nut-free) that it's "safe", we had zero issues with allergies. We can't wait for our anniversary cake!

Profile Picture Elisabeth, 12/5/15, 13 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

What a delightful and beautiful cake! It was a groom's cake made especially for my husband, and everyone loved it!

Profile Picture Heather, 11/28/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Delivery

SugarBakers was fantastic to work with and we are delighted we chose them to bake our wedding cake! The cake tasting was a lot of fun and there were so many great flavors to choose from. Our consultant was also very professional and took the time to truly capture the cake we envisioned. Our cake turned out beautifully and tasted delicious!!! Everyone raved how much they loved that our cake tasted even as great as it looked! Thank you SugarBakers!

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/21/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cakes were DELICIOUS!!! A week and a half since our wedding and our guests are still telling us how much they loved our cakes. We had a 6 inch chocolate Smith Island Cake on each of our table that we used as our centerpieces and my husband and I got a 10 inch reeces cake for our cake. Sugarbakers was on point with the cakes, on point with delivery, and above and beyond on taste. PLUS I shopped around for prices on these cakes and they couldn't be beat. So thankful for Sugarbakers!

Profile Picture AK, 11/14/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery

We loved our cake! Not only did it taste delicious, but it was such a beautiful work of art! Our cake was an overall simple design, but you could tell the immense work that went into the details and the beautiful flowers was incredible! Everyone raved about the pumpkin/ Smith Island layers and the raspberry amaretto is out of this world! Can't wait to have our wedding topper for our one year anniversary!

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was so delicious and beautiful, all thanks to SugarBakers! After our tasting, we fell in love with 2 flavors, their signature amaretto raspberry and cannoli. All I had to do was send them a picture and they executed perfectly! They were easy to work with and I love the fact that we can get a top tier on our 1 year anniversary. Thank you so much, SugarBakers! Don't hesitate to use them for your wedding or other functions!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/17/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My family has used Sugarbakers for many years so when it came time to pick a wedding cake, I knew we would go with them. We were not disappointed. The cake tastes amazing and they have plenty of options to fit your budget. They even give you a fresh cake on your anniversary. I highly recommend working with them. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture kristen, 10/17/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

It was a wonderful experience working with Sugar Bakers! Kristin was helpful and patient as we tried to choose flavors. There were so many great cake flavors it was hard to choose only two! They called the week of the wedding to confirm delivery and details. The cake was beautiful and delicious! Exactly what we had envisioned!

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/9/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SugarBakers was the only requirement my husband had for our wedding and for good reason. From the tasting to last-minute cookie add-ons, to the delivery and set-up of the cake and bakery items at our venue, SugarBakers surpassed my expectations. The cake design was exactly how we described and our guests could not stop praising the cake. Can't wait to get the 1-year anniversary cake!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 10/3/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Cookies, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Our wedding cake was everything we wished for! All of our guested raved about how delicious and beautiful our cake was! The bakers and decorators did an amazing job and we absoulely loved the purple cake that matched everything we used perfectly and the custom design on the cake

Profile Picture Mandi, 9/27/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sugarbakers made a beautiful 4 tier for my daughter and her husbands wedding last weekend. They were married at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club and the cake was a true work of art. It was delicious. Almond/Raspberry layer and Smith Island layer. They made the cake just as we ordered and all of our guests thoroughly enjoyed it!! I would recommend sugar bakers to anyone that is planning a wedding in the Baltimore/Annapolis area. You will not be sorry!!!!!

Profile Picture User5489098, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

They were very professional and fun for our cake tasting and the flavors were all super delicious!

Profile Picture Gena, 9/5/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We were so pleased with the Wedding Cake we ordered for our daughter's wedding on 8/22/15. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and absolutely delicious....our 193 guests raved about it and the bride & groom could not have been happier. They have the top tier of their cake saved in their freezer for their first year anniversary. Hope I get a piece too. :-)

Profile Picture Maribel, 8/22/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Words can not explain how beautiful and delicious our Wedding cake from Sugar bakers was.

Profile Picture Timothy, 8/8/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

So GOOD! Everyone loved the carrot cake and red velvet cupcakes. They were very easy to work with and Kristin S. is amazing!

Profile Picture User4266984, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was gorgeous and delicious. They exceeded my expectations!

Profile Picture Dionne, 7/27/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

A trusted co-worker recommended this bakery and I couldn't have been happier. The staff was very friendly during our cake tasting. They did not pressure us to sign a contract at all, although we did because the cake is AMAZING. I'm not a fan of fondant, so we did French Butter Cream, and it was delicious. The bakery is a little pricey, but worth every penny. The cake and service is just that good. In fact, Kristin gave me options to help me fit the cake of my dreams into my budget. When I got my final guest count, I had ordered too much cake, and SugarBakers gladly changed my cake size and refunded me the difference back to my credit card. My cake was decorated EXACTLY as I had asked, they delivered to my venue on time, and the guests ate EVERY bit of it. Luckily, SugarBakers also gives you another cake on your 1st anniversary, so there is no need to save the top tier!

Profile Picture Shari, 7/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake not only looked beautiful, but tasted absolutely delicious! We went with the Smith Island (yellow cake with fudge filling and reese peanut butter pieces) and red velvet flavors for our cake. EVERYONE kept talking about how good the cake was and were asking the servers for seconds. We even had guests come to us the next day asking if we had any cake left!!! Our family and friends were literally saying that it was the BEST cake that they ever tasted and it absolutely was that good and divine!!! My experience with SugarBakers was very pleasant and smooth from start to finish. It was great working with Kristin! I thought it was nice of her to write me a thank you note for selecting SugarBakers (the only wedding vendor that wrote me a thank you note and it was a nice touch). I am very picky and can be indecisive at times, but she was very patient with me and did not rush me at all. I also had the chance to converse with Claire from time to time and she made sure to take care of me and made sure I had nothing to worry about regarding the cake on wedding day. They were very responsive and always got back to me in a few hours, or at least by the next day. As a bride with tons of items on your checklist, you value when vendors get right back to you. We had an increase in our guest list and had to change the delivery time and they were very flexible with accommodating our requests. SugarBakers is definitely worth every penny! I look forward to working with them for future events and CANNOT WAIT until we pick up our free ANNIVERSARY CAKE next year!!!

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 7/25/15, 7 Reviews