Sugar Street Bakery and Bistro Reviews

4.4 out of 5 rating
    4.9 out of 5 rating

Jerri Event on: 05/16/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This is the 3rd year in a row that we have hired Darrell Hames with Aliment Catering to supply the venue and the delicious food for our annual fundraiser "tea" at the Tumwater Room in the Museum of the Oregon Territory for the Clackamas County Historical Society. He is always generous with his time and the quality of the food and services are outstanding.
    Kippi Married on 09/14/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    On my search for a caterer I was blessed to have stumbled upon Darrell Hames and Alimenti Catering when I found the Tumwater Room for the Venue. Im not being flip when I say "Blessed" because Darrell has been absolutely a SAINT in dealing with me and my myriad changes to the menu throughout this adventure for the 'perfect' wedding for my daughter. And he did it with patience, good humour, professionalism and kindness. He and Natasha (his wedding planner) were the epitome of excellence - they absolutely KNOW what they are doing and their communication is impeccable :)
    The day of the wedding the tables were set EXACTLY perfect according to 'the plan' they looked soooo beautiful. The room was set up exactly as planned and all of the wait staff, Jordyn, Kylie, Michael, Natasha, Leeanna and Darrell looked amazing and sharp - and were there whisking plates away and bringing out more water carafes almost unnoticed. I felt like we were in a 5* restaurant!!
    The FOOD that Darrell had prepared was absolutely AMAZING!! From the Hor D'vours to the main dishes (we had his Hawaiian menu) - everyone was RAVING about it (and going back for seconds!!) usually wedding banquet food is .... ok.... but nothing to write home about. Oh No... this was absolutely MOUTH WATERING. It was succulent, melt in your mouth, 'want more' Unbelieveable! And the clincher is that of ALL the vendors that I had interviewed, Darrell was the most reasonable price-wise but HIS food was by FAR the BEST. His and Natashas personal service was also the best - they were not just 'the caterer and wedding planner' but more like 'part of the family' ... that was the feeling. My daughter said her day was "Perfect" and Darrell and Natasha helped make it so. :)))
    Kim Married on 08/16/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Alimenti Catering was phenomenal! They were the preferred catering service for The Tumwater Room, where we had our wedding venue. I honestly didn't choose Tumwater Room originally because I was wanted to have Samoan food at my wedding and they did not allow outside food and we couldn't find a Samoan caterer anywhere. Darrell with Alimenti said "No problem" though and worked with my now husband and me to make a menu worthy of 250 hungry guests, many of who were Samoan. Darrell and his staff worked tirelessly smoking the meats and prepping the day before. I received so many compliments about the food which included mulipipi (turkey tail), sapasui (chop suey), taro and more. Thank you Alimenti for being so diversified and taking the time to learn about Samoan cultural foods.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Janita Married on 10/01/2016
    4.8 out of 5 rating
      4.5 out of 5 rating
      4.5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Darrell and the staff at the Tumwater Room did an excellent job for our wedding. The food was very good, the service was amazing, and the view was beautiful. They helped us through every step of the process and made planning a wedding simple, especially since they were able to provide nearly all services as a package. We highly recommend this venue.
    Merab Married on 04/04/2015
    4.8 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Alimenti Catering was outstanding! We were married at the Tumwater Room in Oregon City. We discussed the different menu options and were able to make a change a few weeks prior to the wedding. They personalized the menu for us to make it feel like 'us.' The Chef plated our meals for us and served us at our table, while guests went through the buffet line. The food was displayed beautifully and there was enough for all to enjoy. We are very pleased we used Alimenti Catering and recommend them for your wedding!
  • User2536029 2+ years ago
    4.7 out of 5 rating
      3.5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Alimenti Catering was amazing they did an awesome job being flexible, food tasted incredible and service was great!!! All my guests were very happy!
  • User1112903 2+ years ago
    4.7 out of 5 rating
      3.5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Alimenti was wonderful!!! The food was fantastic, the staff were great and the prices were reasonable. We did have a little mixup with the cake cutting, but that could have been avoided by planning ahead a little more. Truly a wonderful company and one I would definitely recommend.