Sugar Rush Baking Company Reviews

12 | Seattle, WA

12 Reviews for Sugar Rush Baking Company

Kelly · Married on 03/01/2013

This was some seriously delicious cake! We did 5, 2-layer cakes. I have had their cakes before so I totally trusted them. My only restriction was no pineapple in anything. And make sure one is chocolate. I was asked what my colors were and flowers. On the day of the wedding, 5 beautiful cakes were delivered!
    SO GOOD! My guests were tickled that they could try all the flavors if they wanted and were not stuck with just one flavor. HIRE THEM.

Sent on 05/23/2013

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/20/2012

We had our wedding cupcakes catered through Sugar Rush.

We tried about 5 different cupcake places while visiting Seattle to try cupcakes and Sugar Rush won by a landslide. The cake tasted like real good home made goodness. The Caramel spice cake won my heart and my now husband selected a turtle cupcake. Both were very delicious and our guests truly enjoyed the desserts.

The cupcakes were fresh and made to order. I definitely would eat there again whenever I'm in town.

When we tasted cupcakes, we got a lemon cake and I would have had that for the wedding except that it was it in October. It had such a light and addictive tang. Definitely worth testing out a variety of flavors.

Sent on 12/30/2012

A · Married on 10/01/2011

Absolutely delicious cake at a great price. We wanted a simple delicious chocolate cake, and we got a simple chocolate cake with amazing flavor. They were easy to work with, and the cake tasting was the most fun we had at any bakery! My favorite part is that I can go get a cupcake of our cake at any time and remember just how awesome it all was.

Sent on 10/25/2011

Jennifer · Married on 06/11/2011

After trying cupcakes from Sugar Rush for one of my bridal showers, my fiancé and I decided to try them out for our wedding cake. (We only ordered a 6” cake to cut.) The hardest decision was what to order – so many delicious flavors! We tried several mini cupcakes and ended up getting a Strawberry Lemonade cake – lemon cake with strawberry filling and strawberry icing. It was delicious – and the decoration was perfect, matching our whimsical, fun wedding. We’re looking forward to eating it again on our anniversary!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Hannah · Married on 07/19/2009

Sugar Rush Baking Company made six gorgeous and delicious cakes for our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier with the service, presentation, and quality. Before we decided to book them, they let us taste as many cakes as we wanted, and then later consulted with us on the decorations and were incredibly flexible and creative in helping us get exactly what we wanted. We had decided we wanted a "cake buffet" of six different cakes, rather than one tiered wedding cake, so each cake was a different flavor and each cake was decorated differently. When I got to the reception and saw the cakes, we were blown away by how gorgeous they were, and our guests were, too--they were definitely the centerpiece of the reception. And the cakes were just as delicious as they were beautiful--many of our guests said it was the best cake they had ever eaten! We had some vegan wedding guests, so one of the cakes we ordered was the vegan chocolate, which was amazing--important to know if you are vegan or have vegan guests. I highly recommend Sugar Rush!

Sent on 08/28/2009

Brandee · Married on 05/23/2009

I had a great time working through my vision of the cake with them and working out how we'd make it come to life. The flavors were amazing and what was most incredible was how it held up on the long trip to our fairly remote location and looked perfect through the whole evening.

Sent on 06/16/2009

Jennifer · Married on 05/02/2009

We got our wedding cupcakes from Sugar Rush and their cupcakes are awesome! I have to say that they are WAY better than Cupcake Royale's. They're up there with Trophy, but a whole lot less expensive. The people that work there are also very nice. They answered all my questions, was easy to talk to, and were not pushy at all. The only downside is that they're only in one location. But that's not really a bad thing. It probably keeps their prices lower. =)

Sent on 05/19/2009

Jennifer · Married on 05/02/2009

they answered all my questions before ordering. let me switch out some flavors from white cake to chocolate. always got a friendly person every time i called. were very flexible with me on pick up time for my cupcakes. they even let me take them in their re-usable containers... yay for going green! i did have to return the containers, but to make up for it, i was given a free mini cupcake. who doesn't love free dessert! =) great experience.

Sent on 06/25/2009
  • create1212

Felicia · Married on 08/16/2008

I found Sugar Rush bakery through a friend who lives in West Seattle; this bakery is in a little storefront, surrounded by a pet store and a gift shop. One first bite of a mini cupcake, and I was hooked. These cakes were moist and delicious and loaded up with tasty frosting (my three priorities for cupcakes).

I knew that with our non traditional wedding, that I would want something a little more unusual too. Instead of a tiered cake, or even wedding cupcakes, I decided to order mini cupcakes and to have them decorated normally. They were so charming just like that. My husband wanted spice cupcakes, which apparently are available only in fall and winter; I was trying to digest this information when Allison, the woman taking my order said, "we can make one spice regular sized spice cupcake, if you would like." We used this cupcake for our cake cutting ceremony. We ordered nine different flavors of cupcakes.

We decided to pick up the cupcakes ourselves, as the caterer was going to arrange them on the cucpake stand that they provided. Everything was ready at the time promised. The total bill was well under what we had budgeted for the cake.

After the cupcakes, I would say that the mini cupcakes were a HUGE hit!!!!! People had more than the 3 that the bakery had suggested people would have, and still had some left over. People loved trying all of the different flavors, and the fact they were just two bites. I did not have a need for plates or forks either! Great bakery, great cupcakes!

Sent on 08/18/2008
  • F

Frances · Married on 07/16/2009

Our cake looked beautiful. I'm sad to say, I didnt get to eat it the day of because we were having a blast and were away from the table when it was served. I did get a bite at the cutting and from what I remember it was delicious. Everyone else said the same.

Sent on 05/12/2010
  • F

Lisa · Married on 07/09/2007

3.6
      3.5
      2.5

I didn't want a wedding cake at our wedding, just an assortment of desserts and that was exactly what we got, and boy were they tasty! There was a bit of confusion with the billing with the caterer and we were billed twice. We did not exactly get what we requested, but what we did get was still tasty.

Sent on 09/10/2008

jessica · Married on 07/18/2008

3.2
      2.0
      3.0
      3.0

Sugar Rush is famous for their amazing cupcakes! We actually used them for a cake for our wedding though. The cake and frosting flavors were delicious, and the cake turned out beautiful ( it was 4 tiers, and we did a simple white "rustic frosting" with black ribbon around the bottom of each layer, and some red flowers down the side of the cake).

The only downside - they delivered our cake to our reception location for us, but they must not have packaged it well enough in the van because it fell over on the way to the wedding. They worked hard to fix it once they got there, but I was later frustrated they did make a better effort to package it better on the way there to avoid this.

Sent on 08/05/2008